NIBCO Employee Reviews

very well balanced place
Set-up Technician (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, GAAugust 4, 2017
atypical day at work for nibco is entertaining challenging i learned alot like how to operate different machines how to work on molds fix them how to get production made in a timely matter
Pros
good pay
Cons
less time with family
It was a good place
Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Grapevine, TXJuly 25, 2017
It was a really good place to work and we had fun doing it. We got our work done and our orders out on time from Monday to Friday. They went out of business and that's why I didn`t work for them anymore
Was not a fun place to work
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  IndianaJuly 13, 2017
It was easy working there but I eventually had to turn my hearing aid off because the loud noises from the machines for mess with my hearing the pay was ok . I met some friends working there
Pros
No comment
Cons
Breaks were to short and the lunches were not long enough
Very Good and Solid Company
Associate (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, OHMay 25, 2017
NIBCO is a great place to learn and grow. They follow all the best practices. The culture is one that respects its associates, and wants them to go home to their families safe and happy. NIBCO utilizes cutting edge technology. I would definitely recommend working for them if you get the opportunity.
Nice place to start working for a factory job
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Blytheville, ARMay 22, 2017
It was a hard day every time I walked through those doors. I worked from 6:30 am to 3 pm Monday-Friday. The hardest parts about working there is different jobs they would have me do from time to time.
local
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, GAApril 20, 2017
warehouse job stated from the bottom to becom the surpervisior necaus of my hard work ,control 3rd shift ,made sure my job was taken care of before next day
Toxic work environment
Nibco Associate (Current Employee) –  Goshen, INApril 19, 2017
Restructuring and HR lack constistancy of policy and job requirements. It would be great for the company to find its footing once again, but until the removal of certain key members in leadership, whom lack education or valid work experience in his and her own fields, it is a lost cause.
Hate it
Paint booth, crane operator (Former Employee) –  Blytheville, ARApril 7, 2017
Underpaid, went in and half the time the equipment was broke and waiting for someone to fix it or it was too messy and I had to clean before I started.
It's a job
Shipping and Receiving, Order Picker (Current Employee) –  Lebanon, OHFebruary 20, 2017
horrible turnover rate, low pay, not much chance for advancement. good part about the job is the schedule for first shift(5a-1:30p)
Good
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, GAFebruary 10, 2017
The pay was amazing but it very hard labor. My co-worker made a nice touch to the job. They were like family. Sometime when we find time we would go out of have a party at one of houses. They are some vet nice people out there. If you don't mined hard labor than good got it.
Pros
The pay
Cons
Hard labor
High Quality
Packer (Former Employee) –  Goshen, INJanuary 12, 2017
Typical day is favorable compared to other places; because, it is easy to learn especially from fellow employees. The management is never out of touch and each day begins with a briefing. The hardest part of the job is getting into the routine but the most enjoyable aspect is the challenge faced every day to become better than the day before.
Pros
Great Work Environment
Cons
Summer Heat
Amazing when started there ...
Packer (Former Employee) –  Goshen, INJanuary 10, 2017
1998 when I started was amazing to work there , could work 80 hours a week , but got bumped back to 72 hours a week . After 9/11 like all business's taking a hit Nibco had to start cutting their benefits of sending you to classes and seminars to better your knowledge. Not their fault, but then no cost of living wage increases for years.
Pros
Safety first, cleanliness second.
Cons
Trouble keeping workers since making changes.
great people made the place a fun place to work
Packer (Current Employee) –  Goshen, INDecember 31, 2016
need to work on standards, very difficult to get hired when work is not consistent. coming from once was a temp employee myself.
Pros
the people, atmosphere, make friends easily, good benefits
Cons
standards; work is not consistent, meaning rate can be very difficult to make and keep
fast pace, must pay attention
Machine Operator/Packer (Former Employee) –  Charlestown, INDecember 26, 2016
getting behind at this job is almost endless as far as trying to catch back up. when running 9-12 machines at once. running machines trimming product and packing at each one.
Pros
it was a job and i made money
Cons
everything about it.
People that work here are really good people
CNC Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Blytheville, ARDecember 19, 2016
Great place to work and learn something..especially if you want to learn about CNC machines,learn about pouring iron and enjoying your at work with great help
Great place to work.
Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Charlestown, INNovember 7, 2016
There are no hard jobs in the factory but you stay busy. It is a smoke free workplace. There are many extra activities to get involved in.
Pros
Great place to work.
Cons
Long drive for some people.
Went from great place to work to horrible.
customer service (Former Employee) –  Corp, Elkhart, INOctober 26, 2016
Was awesome place. Owner's wife was made c/s mgr. Job security has been gone for a long time. There is no appreciation or respect for any employee. Degrading, likes to belittle. So sad it's now a horrible place to work.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
management terrible, high turnover, no job security
You do your job and have to fix other peoples mistakes or catch up for those who are too lazy to do their jobs.
Mold changer (Former Employee) –  Charleston, INSeptember 7, 2016
Overall decent place to work, but has many problems. Some of the employees spend a lot of time doing nothing. Others have bad attitudes, and a lack of pride in their work. They use to allow smoking outside, but now have to step off property to smoke and that is only at lunch.
Pros
exercise room, benefits, and advancement.
Cons
employees with many years of service are lazy and unfriendly, and many of which are younger than myself.
Good Benefits, dangerous place to work
Order Puller (Current Employee) –  Elkhart, INSeptember 5, 2016
The health benefits here are decent but I have worked many places and the level of inexperienced forklift operators is baffling and was almost severely injured or killed several times by boss/employees driving very fast and carelessly
benefits
Cons
inexperienced employees and low wages
Great Company
Compliance Technician (Former Employee) –  Blytheville, ARAugust 29, 2016
Nibco is a great company to work for. With opportunities to advance as far as you want. Great team building, benefits, and as well as a great environment to work in.
Pros
you get to learn about water flow controls
Cons
healthcare was expensive