NIBCO Employee Reviews

Good Benefits, dangerous place to work
Order Puller (Current Employee) –  Elkhart, INSeptember 5, 2016
The health benefits here are decent but I have worked many places and the level of inexperienced forklift operators is baffling and was almost severely injured or killed several times by boss/employees driving very fast and carelessly
benefits
Cons
inexperienced employees and low wages
Great Company
Compliance Technician (Former Employee) –  Blytheville, ARAugust 29, 2016
Nibco is a great company to work for. With opportunities to advance as far as you want. Great team building, benefits, and as well as a great environment to work in.
Pros
you get to learn about water flow controls
Cons
healthcare was expensive
Wonderful place to work
MECHANICAL MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Blytheville, ARJuly 2, 2016
Learned many new skills. Very dirty environment. The insurance was not as good as it could be. Co-workers were easy to work with. Hot in the summer and cold in the winter.
Pros
Awesome people to work with
Cons
no way to advance
was a good job for the time but probably not a good one now
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Nacogdoches, TXJanuary 15, 2016
cool job for a beginner. management a little weak for leadership. usually throw you under the bus if they could. co workers were cool sort of. hardest part was the constant issues with machines. I met and married the HR lady so that is the most enjoyable part of that. if your a proficient or greater machinist then this job isn't for you. will move up in class fast but doubt you get a position of greater then direct employment...
Pros
great starter in the machining world
Cons
work enviornment is more or less gossipy and messy... if you know what I mean.
great company
Packing Operator (Former Employee) –  Blytheville, ARJuly 9, 2016
loved working here would go back in a heart beat very fair and great hours understanding of schedule and room for advancement
Cell Technician (Former Employee) –  Goshen, INJune 20, 2016
Good place to work, safe enviroment. Lots oportunities to grow in the company.
Very productive place to work. Good values and principles
Used to be great, but.....
Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Nacogdoches, TXFebruary 5, 2016
Nibco was once the best in the business. Many of the people that work here still are. Management used to invest themselves in the people that worked for them, but that has changed. From the corporate management down to the local, things have changed.
Riding Off
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Blytheville, ARFebruary 10, 2016
I love driving forklifts and performing different type of duties for this company.All good things come to and end I just couldn't make enough to take care of my family
Pros
fre food healthcare
Cons
short breaks and repetive work
Very productive plant to work in.
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Denmark, SCApril 30, 2015
The employees were like family. Teamwork was very important to everyone that worked there. I learned how to package products, measure and inspect and accept or reject. I also read blue prints and did start-ups.
A factory that is serious about the production and on time delivery of parts.
Packer (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, GaJune 8, 2014
As a packer we are the last ones to see the products being sold before the client sees them. We have to make sure that the products are of part when it comes to the quality policy and we must reach production at the same time. This job takes a lot of hard work and team worker with the co workers to make sure that the proper boxes, labels, and PVC pipes are bar coded if need be and placed in the boxes in a manner that the boxes close neatly and that the boxes are stacked correctly as well.
job review
Transport specialist (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, GAFebruary 15, 2014
Nibco is a poorly managed plastics compay. The environment is laid back and condusive for lack of production. The hardest part of my job is coordinating with several people in different departments due to the difficulty in finding them in the factory. The most enjoyable part of my job is learning the plastics industry and trying to be a more well rounded employee as I learn the trade.
Pros
free gym
Cons
poor management
It was a nice job
Production Laborer (Former Employee) –  Blytheville, ARJune 26, 2015
I have no complaints about the work nor job. The people were cool and HR had a few kinks but it comes with the territory so all in all nibco has my vote
company had an exercise room,promoted healthy lifestyles
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, GAOctober 15, 2013
Day were 10 hrs and started at 5.usually started with morning meeting on production, orders and safety,with safety being main focal point.I've learned how to be a people person.also I felt mgmt. was pretty good and address all concerns as quickly as possible.. As in any place that I venture everyday I feel it's my best interest to know everybody there,so I personally knew all 189 employees of NIBCO. The hardest part of nibco was policy changes..when they implemented them without giving you a heads up.the most enjoyable part of NIBCO was being able to work unsupervised..they trusted you and gave you the chance to prove yourself.
Pros
cookout, popcorn wednesdays, holiday contests
Cons
only one day off for each holiday, and then we had to go in following day and cram 5days into four.
bad place to work
CTM! (Former Employee) –  GoshenJune 15, 2012
Upper management, is bad,they do what ever they want, even make up lies, went to plant manager reported what was going on, he smiled and said he was to busy, lies, and dont trust any supervisor there, HR tell everything to people on the floor medical bus, and everything else, very sneaky people,
Pros
insurance
Cons
upper management, hr, plant man, i watched them use co-workers to harrass
Good Stable Company for Enjoyable Career Growth
Customer Service, Quality Control (Former Employee) –  Elkhart, IndianaAugust 31, 2011
The company is a leader in their field. They are highly respected in the industry. It was educational and enjoyable working for NIBCO and the management staff. I learned a lot; and was rewarded for hard work.
Pros
stable and interesting
Job responsibility was good
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Elkhart, INMarch 13, 2015
Work life balance is a joke around this company. Management is a fear based culture.

Company has a strong history and sad to see them not live up to that legacy now.
Overall, good experience
International Sales Trainee (Former Employee) –  Elkhart, INOctober 30, 2012
I enjoyed working with very motivated and helpful people at NIBCO. The international sales experience allowed me a better understanding of the complexities involved in international business.
Excellent Company to work for
Warehouse Lead (Former Employee) –  Lithia springs GAJanuary 22, 2014
NIBCO is a great company to work for and they treat everyone like a member of there family. good work and life balance.
Pros
excellent management good work and life balance
Cons
location closed in lithia springs ga
Mill Rite
MillRite (Former Employee) –  Stuarts Draft, VAOctober 11, 2013
I was given a solid background in the manufacturing prosess and with a diligent team leader failer was not even comnsidered since them Team apposhiere was utilized in a maner set to prevent this from accureing.
Great place to work for.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Nacogdoches, TXDecember 27, 2013
Learn by hands on. The sky is the limit. The coworkers are great people to work with. Management was the hardest. In the end we had a job to do.
Pros
always had a job, no lay offs.
Cons
reduced pay scale