Nice N Easy Grocery Shoppes Employee Reviews

Fairly simple job
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Canastota, NYMarch 23, 2017
Your responsibilities include stocking shelves, stocking coolers, cashing people out, cleaning, and occasionally helping the food service side. It's an easy job and the pay is decent.
Pros
employee discount
fun
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  East Syracuse, NYMarch 14, 2017
you work with a lot of different people, there is always something to do. this is a good job for learning how to handle people. you can either work with food back in the deli, or more of a cashier up front.
A very steady flowing job that keeps you alive and moving every second.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJanuary 2, 2017
The job is awesome overall i couldnt ask for more , i had got laid off because I slipped up and sold a beer to an underage that i thought i seen before but was wrong.
Pros
Helps you learn how to interact with different characteristics ..
Nice people. Flexible.
Retail Cashier (Current Employee) –  LaFayette, NYDecember 28, 2016
I enjoy the organization that is provided. They have a straightforward list that shows what needs to be completed each shift. The hours are flexible. The managers encourage good work ethic and focus on the customer experience, as well as store appearance and convenience. Not much to complain about.
Pros
Flexible. Consistent duties. Great people.
Cons
Hours are not consistent.
Confidence boosting
Corporate Chef (Current Employee) –  Canastota, NYNovember 17, 2016
Working for this company has really let me shine and be myself and get my ideas and creations out to the public. Being able to expand the food offerings in different markets has been very exciting.
I dont remember it much i dodnt work there long
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Williamstown, NYOctober 9, 2016
This was a really fun job and also my first job on the books. I was treated very well too for being a kid like was and not knowing what my job when I first started.I don't remember much about it though it was quite some time ago and only worked it for like 2 month because I found a new job curing firewood
Pros
Very well organized and helped me alot for it being my fist real job and all
Cons
I wasnt old enough to do much. And hours were limited because of i was still young
very petty staff and management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Boonville, NYSeptember 22, 2016
Literally all people do there is create drama and sleep around. The upper management are all just freindly image obsessed and they literally find any excuse to fire middle management just to cut some cost and hire poeple who dont know what they're doing.
Pros
close by
Cons
terribly work environment
Fast paced environment
Service Provider (Current Employee) –  Kirkland, NYSeptember 21, 2016
I've learned a lot of managerial skills and customer service skills while working at this job. My work ethic has boosted immensely while working at this establishment for the past year.
Pros
45 minute lunch breaks, flexible hours
Cons
sometimes a negative environment
Fun place to work
CSR/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ilion, NYAugust 31, 2016
Everyone got along for the most part. Management wasn't biast. Treated most emlpyees equally. Everyone got paid weekly . I was entrusted enough by my management to help count product and organize.
Pros
Free drinks, pd lunches. Paid weekly
Cons
No vacation until after 2 years if full time
no benefits but liked the people
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Watertown, NYAugust 8, 2016
typical day: fast paced at times and some difficult people
learned how to make food and use a cash register
management was a little difficult
co-workers I liked
hardest part of the job was the stress
most enjoyable the people
Pros
the people
Cons
no benefits
Always flowing job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vernon, NYFebruary 21, 2016
I enjoyed the time i spent with this company, my co workers were all amazing and helped me out from the very beginning. During the summer hours the amount of customers were increased ten fold compared to the winter.
Didn't work out for my family
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Gansevoort, NYJanuary 29, 2016
I learned many things, but the hours were not working with my family. My co- workers were very friendly too. I enjoyed meeting the cutomers, and helping them.
Typical Company
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  East Syracuse, NYNovember 29, 2015
Poor management, non-competitive compensation.
Little to no immediate benefits.
Company fails to offer 6 month raises - holds employees on mere promises of more pay/promotion.
Good Atmosphere/Worplace Setting
cashier (Former Employee) –  Sacketts Harbor, NYNovember 10, 2015
Depending on the time shift that I found myself working, I would have to adjust by often times making pizza's, washing dishes, moping floors and satisfying the many customers needs.
great people to work with
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Rome, NYOctober 7, 2015
worked overnights so i would come in and run register till i had to close the day. Then i would do my duties and take care of customers till 6am.
great work place
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Utica, NYMay 11, 2015
great place to work. joan taught me alot with the retail business she allowed you to grow with her and when you learned everything she would let you do it with trust
Nice and Easy
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Seneca Falls, NYMarch 12, 2013
Great place to work if you want to deal with lots of drama both employees and customers.
Typical day at work
Sales Clerk (Current Employee) –  Clay, NYFebruary 3, 2013
i get to work and of course all co-workers are in good spirits. I count my drawer and start ringing up customers. I get to talk to them for less than a minute. Tell them to have a great day and they leave and I wait on the next person in line. If there are no customers I'll ask my co-worker if she would go stock the cooler, and usually they do, if not then I go and do it before the boss shows up. When the boss shows up I ask her what she would like me to do for her, she treats me like her assistant manager but I don't have that title, So on a typical day I take inventory of the lottery machine and but that information in the computer that goes to the main office. All of us co-workers get along great, there is a lot of diversity there. On certain days of the week, the boss lets me do the truck order for the store, which we do twice a week. I like the management team as well as the owners, they are good people to work with and they treat me and the rest of the team like family. The hardest past of my job is leaving, I really like my job, the team and the customers, but I know I'll be back my next working day to see them all. The most enjoyable part of my day is seeing my favorite customers, calling them by name, and they calling me by name and seeing them smile and making them laugh.
a stressful job with no chance of advancement
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Pennellville, NYDecember 1, 2012
I was not very happy while working at Burger King but I did so because I needed employment
Pros
meal allowance for staff
Cons
not an ideal job
Deli and cashier at grocery store
Deli/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Adams Center, NYJuly 12, 2012
Typical day at work would involve prepping meats, cheese, and veggies for subs, salads and pizzas, as well as cashing customers out handling cash, credit cards. When everything slowed down, cleaning the store as well as the counter, and stocking shelves so products were available for other customers.
Pros
meeting and helping people with things that needed to be found
Cons
horrible to work under manager

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nice N Easy Grocery Shoppes. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7