NICE Systems Employee Reviews

Great potential DESTROYED by management
Tier 2 Technical Support and Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 31, 2016
I worked as a Tier 2 Support Engineer for 4 years and then as a Project Manager for 2 years. The first 3 years were very busy and I often worked 60-70 hours a week BUT so did my coworkers. And the environment and our team made it an awesome place to work. Then came the first management change and as things started to become less of a great team environment and more micro managed I transitioned into the role of Project Manager. In the new position there were wonderful challenges and a good environment until less than 6 months into that position there was another MAJOR management change. Things went downhill from there and the third CEO level management change was catastrophic for the atmosphere.

If you didn't answer emails, texts, or calls at any hour of the day you weren't giving 100%. Being an Israeli based company that meant that if emails came in at 3am MST you were still expected to answer immediately.

NO WORK-LIFE BALANCE no matter what their company mission statement says.
Cons
No work life balance, If you work 60 hours a week they expect 70, If you work 70 hours a week they expect even more
Is a good workplace
Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 8, 2016
They way teache the employer ,and they understand each order .they always give a good bus ,any defect you call and they give you a other bus ,any problem you call common center to fix it.
Pros
Pay for training
Cons
Short breaks every trip you have 5 min
Stale and unattractive work enviornment
Lead Customer Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 13, 2016
Employees are overloaded with work; Structure of company needs overhaul. Work/life balance needs overhaul. Need better training of job responsibilities and skills. If you work hard, you are expected to work even harder. No accountability fairness when measuring peers.
Pros
Stocked kitchen with weekly free lunches
Cons
Short breaks, if any at all. Management is unskilled and don't care about change for the better.
Need new management/vision
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 3, 2016
The current work environment is not conducive for ambitious, progressive, intellectually advanced professionals. There is plenty of room for improvement with a change in management, culture and vision.
Pros
Cons
Too many to mention - seeing is believing
Great Value Proposition
Senior Applications Engineer (Current Employee) –  Redwood City, CAFebruary 11, 2016
TYPICAL DAY AT WORK
• Candid discussions with customers about their expectations and desires (regarding the product)

WHAT I LEARNED
• Real world uses of the product
• Discovering new capabilities of the product by pushing the limits of what is currently known; then sharing it with the rest of the company so others will know what it can now do

MANAGEMENT
• Gives me the freedom to find new uses of the product
• Gives me the opportunities to expand my knowledge of the product

MY CO-WORKERS
• Really smart team mates
• Always happy to share their knowledge and experience

BIGGEST CHALLENGE
• Keeping the customer absolutely thrilled with the product
• Keeping the customer truly satisfied with my consulting services

FAVORITE PART
• Achieving the absolutely thrilled and completely satisfied customer
Pros
Being part of a team/company delivering a product that customers really want to use
Cons
Turnover/attrition -- very sad to say good-bye to colleagues who have decided to move on, and not so easy to train new hires (requires lots of patience)
easy job
Business Development (Current Employee) –  Redwood City, CAOctober 20, 2015
good company to work for however there is not career path for the long term which is why its only good to work there for 2 years
Pros
work life balance
Cons
management sucks
Ok Place to Work
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Paramus, NJOctober 16, 2015
Company is fast growing. Different culture (non-American). Management is rough around the edges, doesn't care about the lower levels. A lot of secrets, no promotions, all based on politics. No raises.
Pros
Free snacks, coffee, perks
Cons
management, environment very hostile
Fast growing company with clear business target
BA (Current Employee) –  AtlantaSeptember 11, 2015
good environment, nice people and good management. The company is a leader in industry with clear targets and dynamic environment.
Pros
challenging work, study opportunities are unlimited
Cons
career crow path is very limited
Dedicated to their customers and employees
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXAugust 22, 2015
I love this company. Customer Service oriented and Team work based.
The office is NICE and friendly.
The company takes great care of their employees though benefits and everyday appreciation.
Pros
Great people to work with, Family oriented, appreciated
Cons
My only con is I am part time. I would love to give more to this company
Intense atmosphere, good for a self starter
Tier 2 Engineer (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 1, 2015
A typical day starts off with a plan on what sites to work on and within an hour, a system blows up. I would then spend half my day working on a system I had no plans to work on. The sites I planned to work on get pushed back to a different day.

My coworkers are hard workers who, like myself, are just trying to keep up. Since working at Nice, I have learned a great deal about databases, specifically MYSQL and MSSQL.

My favorite part is performing some procedure I've never seen before and watching it correct the issue I'm working on.

My least favorite part is watching the software not behave the way our advanced engineers and R&D team advise it should.
Pros
busy, allways something new to learn
Cons
busy, allways something new to learn
Senior Oracle DBA - R&D (Current Employee) –  RichardsonJune 29, 2015
NICE is a good place to work. The benefits and pay are very attractive. The only complaint is the seating structure out in the "bullpen".
Pros
Pay/Benefits
Cons
Seating
Productive but bad for your health.
Tier 2 Customer Service Engineer (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMay 20, 2015
Consistently busy with customers. Management is very micro-managed. Must meet specific numbers and maintain good communications with customers. The hardest part of the job is staying on top of all of the service requests that come in. Average number of tickets per Engineer is 30 - 35. The most enjoyable part of the job are the peers you work with in the call center. A typical day is having a couple of hours on the High/Critical Shift where you take those types of tickets and work them. Sometimes the tickets can take over your day and all the other priorities get pushed off to the side. As soon as you get behind, you will never catch up as customers call and want you to work on their tickets exclusively and you continue to get overwhelmed by the ticketing processes. Things I have learned is to cope with a HIGH Stress Environment. Management is always looking over your shoulder. You do not get praised on a good jobs but Management calls you out in front of your peers on issues that go bad or you have no control over.
Pros
Highly Technical. People are very smart.
Cons
Too much stress. Micro-Management. Never can catch up.
On the decline
Integration Engineer (Current Employee) –  Redwood City, CAMarch 29, 2015
Since I joined the company it seems that it is on the decline. There is not much communication between the different branches and it is hard to have an overall vision of the group.
Nice Systems Employment Review
Client Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 13, 2015
The environment and coworkers at Nice are what keep me going. The product we sell is enterprise level and very sophisticated. Work life balance is hard due to the high volume of work during our companies transition into cheaper support methods. Being able to assist clients resolve their issues and and being recognized for my hard work is the best part of the day. The hardest part about working for Nice is being unable to provide customers with the level of service they deserve due to work load and staffing.
Pros
Relaxed environment, helpful coworkers, free coffee.
Cons
Under staffing and lack of room for advancement.
Training
Systems Engineer II (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXNovember 9, 2014
Spend a great deal of time in training. The application is Java Centered, and dealing with Java issues were time consuming.
Productive and fun work place
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJSeptember 23, 2014
No matter what company you work for, the customer/client is important, but NICE Systems created an environment that fosters the attitude of "make sure your employees are satisfied with their work environment". It was great working there.
Pros
Show appreciation towards their employees, has many amenities to ease daily work
Engaging & Challenging Positon with Caring Leadership.
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Dunedin, FLSeptember 21, 2014
Each day filled with growing excitement and new challenges. I embarked on this position after becoming a customer and seeing first hand the capabilities and work ethics this company and it's employees were capable of. I began my employment with them as an office manager, learning the day to day functions, analyzing the services we offered and the efficiences of the company both internally and on the field. I developed an immediate interest to work hard to reorganize the infrastructure and develop policies and procedures that would later change the productivity of the entire team increasing the bottom line fat!

I enjoyed working with both permanent and temporary personnel to include subcontractors of many different cultures of life.

I learned quickly how to cultivate and bring together these teams reflecting a fun, energetic, creative culture internally and on the field.

No day was the same and some days felt their were never enough hours to produce enough work. That was probably my least favorite of the position and yet my takeaways have been far more rewarding and valuable. I left the position being the last employee to be layed off during our recent economic recession 2012.

I am happy to note the company was recently able to sell their Pest Control division for a reputable sum of money. I received word from the owner and gratitude as they named me directly responsible for building that aspect of the business. I wish the Ruiz family much success and happines as they venture on with their retail store business.
Pros
Respectful Caring Leadership with High Quality Standards
Cons
Operated at times on a minimal number of employees, making it impossible to wear any hat for any amount of time.
Productive Corporate workplace
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Redwood City, CAJune 3, 2014
Great co-workers, strong and talented client services team, strong project/software implementation methodologies
Best place I ever worked for.
Senior Print Designer and Webmaster (Current Employee) –  Paramus, NJMarch 2, 2014
I love NICE, It's a competitive, very interesting place to work.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Heavy work load
Interesting company
Facility Office Manager (Current Employee) –  N/AFebruary 1, 2014
Interesting company. Very different working environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NICE Systems. Our community is ready to answer.