Nickelodeon

Nickelodeon Employer Reviews

Great place to work but management has favorites
Executive Assistant (Current Employee), New York, NYSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: great work environment if you keep it strictly professional
Cons: a lot of politics- dont trust anyone
I loved working at Nickelodeon at the start. Later into my time at Nick I noticed that management had favorites and it was a little shady behind the scenes. I also noticed that the listen to gossip instead of ask you straight out and they fired a few people due to gossip.
Great Company
Adobe After Effects Animator (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 28, 2014
Pros: people were great
Cons: pay was not great
Great people and atmosphere!! Location was great!!! Great people and atmosphere!! Location was great!!! Great people and atmosphere!! Location was great!!! Great people and atmosphere!! Location was great!!!
Productive and great staff
Post Production Coordinator (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAMarch 18, 2014
Friendly, supportive, and efficient. The staff was wonderful and really a great group to work with.
Good company to learn from
Coordinator (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAFebruary 27, 2014
Pros: good work/life balance
Cons: some corporate cliches
Everyday is different, company is trying new things and you have to be able to run and gun. Good learning opportunity, but must be intuitive and pick up things on your own. Adapting to different personalities is a challenge everywhere, but a good skill to fine tune. I enjoyed the people I worked with.
fast-paced, productive environment
Sales Service Executive, Digital Advertising (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: co-workers are great, nice benefits/perks
Cons: base salary
Love the company! I work with well-rounded, hard-working individuals who are great at their jobs. The work/life balance is tough at times and the base salary is not great.
Nickelodeon cares
Line Producer (Former Employee), Burbank, CADecember 14, 2013
I really felt cared for at Nickelodeon when I worked for them. They cared about the creative process and don't seem to get bogged down in beaurocracy. I wonder how they are now...
Great Brand!
Planner, Advertising Creative and Billboards (Current Employee), New York, NYDecember 1, 2013
Great Brand!

Fun projects, interesting people…all of the excitement of working in Times Square.
Productive and fun workplace with a relaxed yet professional atmosphere
TV Acadmy Intern, Casting (Former Employee), Santa Monica, CANovember 6, 2013
Pros: being an intern
Cons: being an intern
Being a casting intern is a great experience. I got the opportunity to work with talent, observe auditions, create casting session sheets, design reports and documents, visit production sets, preview shows, conduct research and draft character breakdowns and email blasts.
Great
Production Assistant (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAOctober 30, 2013
Worked as a Production Assistant on a show there and it was a great time, good people, enjoyable experience.
Fun and collaborative environment
Storyboard Artist/ Animator (Freelance) (Current Employee), New York, NYOctober 25, 2013
Plenty of After Effects animation work and Management is very on top of work load for each worker. Also enjoy the amount of collaboration and sharing of creative ideas/ brainstorming within each project.
Flexible schedule and solid work
Warehouse Production Assistant (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CASeptember 12, 2013
The work took on various forms, so no two work days were the same. This allowed for a change in scenery and work load which was refreshing. Each day was primarily filled with physical labor which required strength and endurance.
Quality Assurance Software Intern
Quality Assurance Software Intern (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 13, 2013
Game testing on various Kids and Family sites.
Regression checking for Nick, NickJr, Nicktoons, NickaNite, TeenNick and Spongebob sites using the test scripts
Take screen-shoots of errors from Nick websites, emailed, and explained what the problem was
Executive Assistant
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 1, 2013
Pros: great atmosphere
Cons: salary low
• Maintained very heavy calendar and served as the point person for all meeting agendas, requests and questions
• Assisted in coordination of special events, compiled ratings, researched information and executive notes for weekly meetings , compiled competitive data and ads
• Composed letters, memos, faxes, announcements, agendas for meetings and general – more... e-mails for Vice Presidents
• Answered heavy phones and interfaced regularly with senior executives, external clients and their assistants to provide assistance as needed and coordinated department relocations, assessed needs and provided solutions
• Daily contact with Facilities, Computer Help Desk, A/V and Telecom to alleviate Marketing Team's hindrances
• Scheduled extensive travel arrangements and prepared and processed large volume of Travel and Expense Reports, sorted mail, maintained office equipment, ordered office supplies and premiums, filed, photocopied, arranged packages via messenger, making dubs, requested temps as well as other various other duties – less
I loved Nick!
Sr. Director of Fashion and Apparel (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 12, 2013
Pros: great work hours, fun people
Cons: management changes constantly
Fun workplace with amazingly talented people!

I learned to work cross functionally with groups such as publishing, planning and brand strategy

Most enjoyable part of my job was literally bringing creative ideas to the table everyday and have them embraced by my peers
Fun place to work
Writer/Producer (Former Employee), NY, NYMay 2, 2013
I enjoyed working on NIckMom Night Out, writing for the different hosts and traveling to the shoots in deferent cities was fun and fulfilling. If they hadn't received severe budget cuts, I'd still be there.
A productive fun environment which allows employees to focus on responsibilities without the stress.
Manager, Digital Video Distribution (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 21, 2013
Nickelodeon has a great atmosphere to work in. Co-workers are fantastic, hours are great, and with working in consumer products you are involved with a variety of lines of businesses. Even with working at a fun laid back network, we still work hard to make sure our work is impeccable and always looking to improve whatever LOB you are in. Nickelodeon – more... is a great network to start your career in and also a great way to end your career. If is very difficult to move up in ranks once you start your career there as most employers leave and come back to achieve this. – less
Small knit group within large company
Copy Specialist (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 6, 2013
Nickelodeon functions entirely separately from rest of Viacom. Great people, great brand.
Fun Place
Project Manager / Agile Scrum Master (contractor) (Former Employee), Glendale, CAJanuary 21, 2013
Pros: fun place - free screenings
Cons: pay on the low side
Loved working here. Great people interesting work. Free movie screenings with Paramount
Operated rides and served guests and children
Ride Operator (Former Employee), Bloomington, MNDecember 27, 2012
Pros: great benefits, enjoyable place to work
Cons: repetive movements and being stuck on ride rotations for longer then eight hours
The most i enjoyed being a ride operator was being able to give the children a great time because they would come up to me and say I love your ride or thank you i love you. A typical day was starting with a meeting to let us know how many expected guests any events going on and and other import information we needed to know. I really enjoyed working – more... with my coworkers. The hardest part of my job was learning how to deal with up to fiver angry guests at one time and being able to stand up for myself but yet assist the guests when things were not correct or something was wrong. – less
Takes me back to high school
Production Coordinator (Former Employee), Burbank, CANovember 20, 2012
Pros: free water and soda. the annual halloween festivities
Cons: low pay, high work. lack of respect and consideration for employees.
I was an employee here a few years back. The studio in Burbank is VERY cliquey. Very much like high school unfortunately. No matter how hard you worked, if you weren't in really tight with the "popular kids" you almost had no chance for advancement. There are a few back stabbers that only care to further their careers by burning others. The work load – more... is HUGE, which is fine IF they compensated accordingly, but they don't. Two years after starting, I was only making $20 more than my start pay. I still have friends that work there and they have told me just how unhappy they are there with recent changes that company has made to benefits and compensation. I will never look for employment here again. – less

About Nickelodeon

Who knew that kids would go ga-ga over a cartoon sponge with square pants? Nickelodeon operates a leading cable channel for kids – Read more