Nickelodeon Employee Reviews

Fun place
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 26, 2016
It was a great work environment with people I grew very close to. There was room to move around and grow within the company, but the downside was it consumed most of my life.
Corporate Environment
Photo Retoucher (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 5, 2016
This review was previously written and there seems to be a glitch as this is coming up again for a review.
Not sure what else to say, but the system is asking for more and more of a review.
Laid Back working with smart people
Senior Digital Designer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 20, 2016
It is a good company to work for. A lot of smart people, and innovative leaders. Fun environment and monthly events, meetings and parties. Team building.
Nick is a Great Place!
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 12, 2016
Nickelodeon is an excellent place to work. The culture is probably the best part. There is a heavy emphasis on work/life balance and generous paid time off. I thoroughly enjoy the overall atmosphere and vibe.
The best Chanel
Director Designer (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 19, 2016
A typical day at work is fun because all the people you work with is friendly
The hardest part of the job is to go home
i learned to have a family
Pros
Everything is good
Cons
payment at time
Fun place to work but lacks upward mobility
Programming Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 20, 2016
Nickelodeon is a great place to work you have access to so many other channels being apart of the Viacom family. The downside is that money trumps creativity and upward mobility is non existent depending on the department you work in. Layoffs have been happening at least once a year.
Pros
Employee events & benefits
Cons
Layoffs and creativity is being killed
The most enjoyable part of the job.
Producer "Tony La chef (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 1, 2016
Working in a TV production destined to children all around the world was a big challenge, children were the most important part of this specific project, my co-workers and I were really focus on create a perfect job environment for them to achieve the goal for this project.
Pros
1 hour for lunch.
fun place
Quality Assurance Analyst Contractor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 6, 2016
it an environment where you can start your career off, gain insight on whats going on in media. It can get disorganize some times though.
Fun place to work
Assistant, Consumer Products (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 14, 2016
Nickelodeon is a great place to work. Management is interested in career growth of all employees. There are a lot of perks of working at Nickelodeon.
good place to work when they have hours to give
House person (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 1, 2016
very slow days not enough supplies barley any hours not the best place to work.they say everyone can only have full time but will only give 2 days a week
Cons
no hours
restructuring at it's best
event marketing (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 7, 2016
i spent the majority of my professional career thus far with Viacom and continue to value everything i learned along the way and the incredible relationships built over the years.

i learned a great deal from many of my peers and through trial and error. in less than 10 years of my time spent with the company, my team went through restructuring & change in upper management 5 times. it was hard to feel valued and secure in the job with the never-ending change.

no regrets, very appreciative, my experience was at it's peak from day one and the vibe of the company started to go downhill from there
Pros
team, travel, talent
Cons
upper management, corporate morale, not feeling valued, executives who lose sight of what their role is as a leader and mentor
Good environment to be placed around because its guaranteed that your going to succeed.
Background Actor (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, CAJanuary 5, 2016
You'll get to work and everyone is having breakfast, talking about what the plan is for that day. then after an hour goes by everyone starts working. The children go to school and the staff puts together the things they need for the scene. the hardest part of the job is not knowing if the director is going to call for you. Then the most enjoyable part about the job is that everyone is respectable and everyone is on the same page.
Pros
free lunch, free snacks
Amazing
Director (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 7, 2015
Great place to work. Lots of fun and great people to work with. Strong emphasis on culture and employees. Lots of responsibility for strong workers.
Great people and a great company
Music and Talent Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 26, 2015
How can the atmosphere at Nickelodeon be described as anything but enjoyable? The people working there are fantastic, as well as super polite and courteous, but at the same time some of the hardest working people in the business. I learned extensively during my time there.
Lots of work, not a lot of pay
Marketing (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 8, 2015
Great place to start a career, not a great place to continue for more than a few years. Most frustrating part is watching some departments promote employees every few months, while others remain stagnant for years at a time.
Pros
Great benefits, laid-back environment
Cons
Pay, lack of advancement
Very easy going and laid back atmosphere
Digital Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 16, 2015
The company is great with work life balance giving entry level employees 5 weeks vacation, summer fridays, work out classes in Times Square office, HP Print Center, Cafeteria, and competitive benefits.

The people that work there are great, but I've had a mixture of good and bad managers. At the Director, VP, and SVP levels there seems to be high demand on time and stress and depending on the person can have serious negative impacts on their ability to communicate with and manage employees.

Compensation is also fairly low compared to other companies, but they do have merit increases of 0-3% each year based on performance, which its usually easy to get 2-3%. Promotion raises are capped at 10% and it usually takes a minimum of 3 years unless your in the right role at the right time, i.e. your boss quits and your the most qualified to take over.

Overall, I enjoyed working here as I was given a huge pay increase from my previous job. They keep you there with the amenities and allure of working for a big name brand like Nickelodeon or MTV.
Pros
5 weeks vaca, Cafeteria, Gym Classes
Cons
Below average compensation and promotion opportunites
Fun Place to Work At
Food and Beverage Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLApril 5, 2015
Nickelodeon Resort is a very positive place to work for. Its main focused is good customer service and making kids happy. The management is always willing to help in any situation and so are the co workers.
Pros
Good Discounts
Cons
Short Breaks
It like working with a team of kids.
Department Assistant - Consumer Marketing (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 26, 2015
I was able to meet and work with a very smart group of people with the the heart of children. Great stability and fun place to work.
Productive and creative environment
Show Creator & Animator (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 4, 2015
In my time working with Nickelodeon and the associated departments at Viacom I was greeted with many motivating and professional personalities. My skills and opinions were valued and appreciated, as well as challenged as I was immersed in such a creative and legendary environment.
Fun and Challenging Production
Prize Tradeout Producer (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 17, 2015
It was great working with a talented crew who was able to pull all stops to build an intricate and fun childrens game show.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nickelodeon. Our community is ready to answer.