Nickelodeon Employee Reviews

I would love to be an employee at Nickelodeon
Art (Current Employee) –  African Island, GASeptember 22, 2017
I Love the Job it is fun, but i havent gotten the Job yet......but still i gess it is going to be d'un.
We would get free food and we Will get to be Loved by peole.
Post-Prod Audio Supervisor, Sound Editor/Designer (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 17, 2017
Work at a fast-pace delivering excellent results. Very detail oriented. Ability to understand and translated the producer's and network views and taste.
Loved working there
Head of Makeup Department (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 4, 2017
Being a part of the "Orange Family" is more than gratifying. Nickelodeon is not only a great environment for kids, but it is also a wonderful place for adults to feel like they are working in a family oriented place.
People are kind and they all love their jobs and are very profesional, motivated and enthusiastic.
I would love to work with them in the future.
Pros
Family oriented place, happy people working together and working as a team.
Cons
To not have enough projects year round.
Wonderful Company
Freelance Writer (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 31, 2017
Great Company with Excellent Employees. I have only freelanced for them but can tell they are very good to their employees. I enjoyed corresponding with other writers, editors, and producers.
This place was a personal favor temp job
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Coralville, IAJune 15, 2017
I was a friend of the owner years ago and volunteered to help fill in some shifts when this bar was still open but it had bad management and sold a few years ago.
Great place for work life balance
SENIOR PRODUCT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 3, 2017
Wonderful place to work if you love entertainment. Nickelodeon has some wonderful properties to work on and the culture was great. Compensation isn't the greatest, but it's a great job to have on your resume. Worked with fun and intelligent people.
Nick is a great place to enter the work force
Quality Assurance Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 22, 2017
Nick thrives off of a young work force that is willing to learn and wear many different hats to achieve overall success. A great place to begin a career but don't expect to stay long as it is a serious grind with little recognition.
Fun and Creative Atmosphere
Contracted Designer (Current Employee) –  Burbank, CAJanuary 26, 2017
People are pleasant and the environment is fun. The production team is full of brilliant ideas and all staff contributes to the ideas. I love being in a fun and creative environment.
Fun work place
Lead Lighter for pilot (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CADecember 30, 2016
This was a fun workplace although like with all animation work, its not guaranteed. The people i worked with were great but mostly stuck to themselves.
Pros
free food most of the time, catering for studio meetings.
Cons
was encouraged not to add the overtime spent on my time sheet.
Fun place
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 26, 2016
It was a great work environment with people I grew very close to. There was room to move around and grow within the company, but the downside was it consumed most of my life.
Corporate Environment
Photo Retoucher (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 5, 2016
This review was previously written and there seems to be a glitch as this is coming up again for a review.
Not sure what else to say, but the system is asking for more and more of a review.
Laid Back working with smart people
Senior Digital Designer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 20, 2016
It is a good company to work for. A lot of smart people, and innovative leaders. Fun environment and monthly events, meetings and parties. Team building.
Nick is a Great Place!
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 12, 2016
Nickelodeon is an excellent place to work. The culture is probably the best part. There is a heavy emphasis on work/life balance and generous paid time off. I thoroughly enjoy the overall atmosphere and vibe.
The best Chanel
Director Designer (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 19, 2016
A typical day at work is fun because all the people you work with is friendly
The hardest part of the job is to go home
i learned to have a family
Pros
Everything is good
Cons
payment at time
Fun place to work but lacks upward mobility
Programming Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 20, 2016
Nickelodeon is a great place to work you have access to so many other channels being apart of the Viacom family. The downside is that money trumps creativity and upward mobility is non existent depending on the department you work in. Layoffs have been happening at least once a year.
Pros
Employee events & benefits
Cons
Layoffs and creativity is being killed
The most enjoyable part of the job.
Producer "Tony La chef (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 1, 2016
Working in a TV production destined to children all around the world was a big challenge, children were the most important part of this specific project, my co-workers and I were really focus on create a perfect job environment for them to achieve the goal for this project.
Pros
1 hour for lunch.
fun place
Quality Assurance Analyst Contractor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 6, 2016
it an environment where you can start your career off, gain insight on whats going on in media. It can get disorganize some times though.
Fun place to work
Assistant, Consumer Products (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 14, 2016
Nickelodeon is a great place to work. Management is interested in career growth of all employees. There are a lot of perks of working at Nickelodeon.
good place to work when they have hours to give
House person (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 1, 2016
very slow days not enough supplies barley any hours not the best place to work.they say everyone can only have full time but will only give 2 days a week
Cons
no hours
restructuring at it's best
event marketing (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 7, 2016
i spent the majority of my professional career thus far with Viacom and continue to value everything i learned along the way and the incredible relationships built over the years.

i learned a great deal from many of my peers and through trial and error. in less than 10 years of my time spent with the company, my team went through restructuring & change in upper management 5 times. it was hard to feel valued and secure in the job with the never-ending change.

no regrets, very appreciative, my experience was at it's peak from day one and the vibe of the company started to go downhill from there
Pros
team, travel, talent
Cons
upper management, corporate morale, not feeling valued, executives who lose sight of what their role is as a leader and mentor