Nicor Gas

Nicor Gas Employee Reviews

A Fast Paced & Productive job for Problem Solvers
Sr. Gas Controller (Current Employee), Naperville, ILApril 20, 2015
• A typical day involves supporting the safe and efficient operations of the pipeline company’s transmission and storage system at all times as well as recognizing, reacting to, and effectively communicating emergencies resulting in crisis and non-crisis situations. Additionally, making adjustments as warranted to meet any increase or decrease in demand on an hourly basis.

• Management is supportive and generally hands-off. A corporate merger has allowed for the opportunity to work for serveral different types of Directors & Managers with various styles of management.

• Co-workers are highly skilled, trained, hard working, and dependable.
Great atmosphere of employees/management to work with!
Secretary Assistant (Former Employee), Ancona, ILMarch 10, 2015
Pros: meeting new people and helping keep things running well.
Cons: hiring was not an option through a temp. service.
This was a local company, who hired me through a temp. service. I assisted with bills, phones, filing, data entry, contractor & employee issues, etc. It was overall, an awesome experience, as the employees were amazing to work with and appreciated me. Management was also great to work with. I worked as an assistant, and covered the office manager in her absence for several months. I also covered the office manager's in Hudson, IL. and Troy Grove, IL. in their absences. This position was hard to leave, however, choosing to work full time at my children's school seemed more logical at the time.
love my job!
Customer Care Specialist (Current Employee), Sycamore, ILMarch 3, 2015
I am currently employed at Nicor Gas.I take inbound calls from customers resolving there billing issues. I also process start & stop of service. I take gas emergency calls. I like my job and the staff and co workers. The only down fall is the commute.
It was nice to work outside.
Meter Reader (Former Employee), Schaumburg, ILFebruary 10, 2015
The best job to get in shape while you get paid to do it. It was a good hustle type job. I loved the fast pace it put you in. The days would just fly by. It didn't hurt that I also worked with some very good people. You have to love your job and the people you work with in order to have the correct balance and I did.
Great company to work for with many benefits
Customer Account Executive (Current Employee), Naperville, ILFebruary 2, 2015
The people that work here at Nicor are extremely helpful in making sure that we have every opportunity and tool needed to be successful.
On a day to day you meet and greet new customers.
Meter Reader (Current Employee), Glenwood, IL.January 31, 2015
Meeting different people every day and communication with co-worker daily keeps you in contact with the world. Though at sometimes you must be alert of wondering dogs because they will bite. One thing is a must communication is major to to productive day.
Very productive
Remittance Operations Supervisor (Former Employee), Naperville, IllinoisJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: hard working environment
Cons: just an average place to work.
It was an pretty good company. I worked with union employees. Pretty stable and productive environment. Great employees.
Work Place Assessment
System Planning Engineer (Current Employee), Naperville, ILJanuary 12, 2015
Cons: being a contractor
Great place to work for. Learned a lot and the work environment is the best I have seen. The only reason why I am looking is because I am currently a full time contractor.

I work as a system planning and forecasting engineer. Approving any new and existing business which require additional service. Also respond to emergency situations with the best solutions.
Worked in a different location with new customers everyday.
Installation Technician (Current Employee), Lombard, ILDecember 27, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: they are closing my part of their business, and i am looking for a new job.
Everyday was filled with new challenges. No job is ever exactly the same; which is why I enjoyed it.
I learned about new types of equipment as they came on the marketplace. We did not always receive training, but I learned on-the-fly which I feel is a valuable asset.
The hardest part of this job changes daily. Everyday is different, and you never know 'exactly' what you will be dealing with until you are reviewing the job itself.
The hardest part is also the most enjoyable part of my job. I love problem solving and making my customers happy at the end of the day.
Great place...demanding schedule
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Naperville, ILDecember 1, 2014
Nicor was a great place to work. The pay was great....the job security was there. But the hours were too much. Weekends and Holidays were the norm...and thats the reason I left. My immediate boss was a pain, on a never-ending power trip, but my other trainers were amazing.
Friendly work environment
GIS Analyst (Former Employee), Naperville, ILAugust 30, 2014
Working at Nicor was a wonderful experience. No micromanagement, but a lot of guidance on how to best perform the job at hand.
A caring workplace allowing employees to work indepently.
Office Clerk (Former Employee), Naperville, ILJuly 2, 2014
Pros: free lunch (frequent, christmas and thanksgiving gift cards
Cons: health insurance was expensive
A workplace that cared for their employees health with a exercise room with all the updated machines and excellent benefits. Each day was filled with various jobs and different employees sometimes walking into our department with complains versus a phone call. I got to know lots of employees by their names. My coworkers were great to work with. We would have our moments of jokes and laughter. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with management in my department. They were down to earth, caring and always available to help out if needed. I learned to give more of myself to each employee because I found each one of us have different personalities. If you fit yourself with love with their personalities I found each one was either loveable or tolerable, The hardest part of the job was getting payroll and liabilities in on time due to various phone calls to management employees in my department and other departments to pinpoint which department was liable and to get the correct account numbers.
Depends- company is Pivotal Solutions part of NICOR
Account Representative (Former Employee), Naperville, ILApril 9, 2014
Depends it will start out as one thing but end up some else, no Consistence with hours of work, inexperience supervision/management.
High stress poor management
Customer Care Specialist for inbound call center (Former Employee), Sycamore, ILOctober 28, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: poor management and customer service
Only allowed to provide bare minimum customer service. Calls were timed and recorded.
Great Company
Exe Administrative Assistant/Customer Service (Former Employee), Naperville, ILOctober 4, 2013
Pros: great team
Cons: na
Executive Administrative Assistant – Customer Service

Responsibilities included executive level administrative support to the department Vice President, variety of customer service and finance managers.
Long hours very little respect
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Sycamore,ILAugust 29, 2013
Pros: very few
Cons: too many to list.
This company has recently gone through a merger and the work environment is changing however not fast enough. HR is very slow in filling positions, management is out for themselves as does nothing to help you move up. The great managers never last long and get moved to another department. You are a number and are expendable. Lots of backstabbing.
Nicor Gas is a very good place to work.
Dir. Reg. Comm. Relations & Economic Development (Current Employee), Naperville, ILApril 6, 2013
With that summary, you might wonder why I am posting my resume. I am merely exploring what opportunities exist at companies that might be seeking a person with my skill set.

Nicor Gas is facing exciting challenges and opportunities.
Great place to work.
General Accountant-Corporate Accounting (Former Employee), Naperville, ILJanuary 8, 2013
Nicor was a great place to work, benefits, advancement opportunities, I was just ready to stay at home and raise my children.
Corporate Chicago location and challenging environment.
GIS Specialist (Former Employee), Naperville, ILNovember 14, 2012
Pros: busy, urban environment with ever changing challenges and projects.
Cons: management changed several times during my duration here.
Created legible maps from blueprints, using AutoCad Software. In turn, natural gas pipelines, fittings and various attributes were readily available for engineers to tap into and/or repair during times of crisis or urban growth.
Nicor Working Environment
Customer Care Specialist (Current Employee), Sycamore, ILOctober 13, 2012
Answer an average of 110 calls per day,Handle customers calls regarding billing, moving, gas emergencies, payment processing, interrupted or disconnected services and also past due balances
Route calls to others within the company
Deal with irate customers in a calm and friendly manner Present product and services

About Nicor Gas

AGL Resources brings its resources to customers in seven states through its fleet of utilities. Its Nicor Gas unit has 2.2 million – Read more

Nicor Gas Salaries