Nidec Motor Corporation Employee Reviews

Nidec USA Great, Nidec Japan no-so-much
Vice President of Global Procurement (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 19, 2017
The team in St. Louis and around the globe is great with the exception of the Japanese management. Low price is everything with no regard for total cost, quality, delivery, or service.
Pros
Lots of Travel
Cons
Lots of Travel
work a lot ok pay
Lamination Technician (Former Employee) –  Mena, AROctober 30, 2017
You will work Monday threw Friday. Mandatory overtime on sat & optional Sunday. There is always plenty of overtime available.

Management will NOT stand up for you over someone that has 15 to 20 years in and you are a person that has less. If you have not done nothing wrong and someone wants you gone management will find a way to get rid of you.

Pay scale is not fair for most job's in the factory. Pay does not support the economy.

Insurance was good but in the last years it has changed for the worse ( cheaper for the company).

Some people are great to work with others don't work at all, typical factory.

Best part of the week is getting your pay check.
Pros
only good place to work in this town
Cons
horrible hr & management
Fun work environment
Internship (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 13, 2017
Very relaxed work environment with good co-workers. Work pace was dependent on project importance. Managers and supervisors willing to work with schedule and teach new skills.

This was a great job to introduce me to the corporate world and the practices used by engineers as I worked next to them everyday.
Very pleasant company to work for.
Logistics Manager (FTL) (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 14, 2017
Nidec is a very forward thinking company and looking to grow its North American market. Nidec is committed to its customers and is very aggressive tp enhance their buisness.
Test Technician (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 2, 2017
A relaxed work environment on a scenic campus / grounds, has a good cafeteria and exercise paths that can be utilized on break.
Management are patient and helpful, work is usually non-stressful and sometimes interesting.
Pros
Clean work environment
Cons
Work is sometimes boring, repeatative.
Decent place to work, potential for advancement and plenty of overtime.
Rotor Technician (Former Employee) –  Mena, ARJuly 29, 2017
Not a bad place to work overall. Benefits, including retirement, health insurance, paid holidays, ability to continue education. Opportunity for advancement. Management personable.
Pros
Benefits, pay not bad, management
Cons
Fast paced, very demanding
I worked with a good Crew, Could Joke but work comes first.
Manufacturing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Solon, OHJuly 28, 2017
Would Begin by updating schedules and posting work requirements. Could be involved with Helping in Quality to Meeting with planning crew tom verify daily requirements. People were well adjusted and new what was expected so very few personal issues.

Every day with this crew gave something new and they were never dull.
Marketing Intern
Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 24, 2017
Learning how to develop and maintain relationships with customers was very special. Having relationships with customers is critical in business. I feel confident that what I learned during the internship will help me succeed in the future.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Great Job enviroment Great Coworkers
New Product introduction Materials Supervisor (Current Employee) –  McAllen, TXJune 24, 2017
great company and over all great people, had the opportunity to be part of the team that launch one of the Top 3 customer products and work with a interdisciplinary team.
Pros
great enviroment
Cons
no cons
Not alot of innovation
Engineering Coop (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis County, MOJune 8, 2017
Nidec is a great place. There just isn't a lot of innovation here. I dont see the company advancing. I dont see them rolling out new products or processes.
Productive and safe work environment
Rotor technician (Former Employee) –  Mena, ARJune 3, 2017
Was a great company to work for. Best pay due to area I'm living in. Great job advancements within the company and friendly management who are proficient on the factory production area.
Pros
Good pay, friendly management
Cons
Fun and exciting co-workers.
Tool and Die Technician (Former Employee) –  Mena, ARMay 23, 2017
I would recommend working at Nidec, because you have benefits and potential for advancement. The workers at Nidec are very friendly. The management at Nidec are generally concerned with all their employees.
Pros
Potential for advancement
Cons
Long hours sometimed
Very fun work place
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  Paragould, ARMarch 14, 2017
I really enjoyed taking orders.

Coworkers easy going very friendly great team work.

Liked working holidays getting to work overtime enjoyed getting to see all the different types of bouquets very beautiful talking to friendly people.

Hardest part was getting able to get set on taking order after order but once I was able to get a hang of it I really enjoyed it.
Pros
Overime
Cons
Short breaks Health Care
Crappiest place ever
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Paragould, ARMarch 5, 2017
DON'T ever work for this company. All they do is lie to you. The pay is awful. They bring in Mexicans for you to train and tell you the last minute they are moving the company to Mexico. I was so proud to get out of this place.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Pay was awful. They lie all the time.
A complete and utter waste of a manufacturing facility
New Britain operator (Current Employee) –  Paragould, ARJanuary 24, 2017
A complete waste of time. It's a retirement home for Emerson electric employees . No experience equals no job. If you are a new employee you are treated as a piece of rubbish. Old cantankerous people . Nobody cares if you're doing well or learning the job. All and all I wouldn't wish my worst enemy to work there. I have had a better work experience in the middle of a war zone. 7 days a week with no days off
Good work environment
Parts organizer (Former Employee) –  Mena, ARJanuary 11, 2017
Good work environment. nice co works. understanding, good safety. Friendly management. Learned appropriate safety.
Nidec Motor Corporation
Supply Chain Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 9, 2017
At Nidec I had the privilege to work with a number of very talented people in engineering and procurement, from whom I learned a great deal about what it takes to bring a product to life. During a typical day I would talk to engineers, join in meetings, talking vendors while working on other tasks that require a fast paced mindset. Most of the co-workers are helpful and try to give you tips on how to approach a task. The hardest part of my job was getting a hold of an engineer or a coworker. Management can use some more fine tuning but overall they keep moving forward. I enjoyed coming everyday at work and being part of a great team which still makes waves.
the coworkers are great management is not
inventory ,cycle count, forklift operator (Current Employee) –  Southhaven, MSJanuary 7, 2017
the company is very bias and the opportunities foe advancement are not based on how you work but how management views you personally the hours are long and very demanding physically
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Paragould, ARDecember 8, 2016
Nidec bought out emerson electric. It is a great place to work. They had awesome people to work with. Only bad thing they are underpaid.
Great team
Engineering Co-op (full time (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 2, 2015
Great work environment. Well trained. Great management. All my co workers were nice. never had a problem with any body. Lunches were shared and they had a great kitchen staff for breakfast and lunch.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nidec Motor Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

Nidec Motor Corporation Reviews by Location