Nielsen Employee Reviews

Awesome place to work
Sr.Net Developer (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILAugust 21, 2017
Nielsen is a seriously great place to work. Product teams are really close and tight-knit and there's very little friction across functional units. Management takes a very dedicated - yet weighted and scientific - approach to employee feedback and really listens to everyone at every level. The degree of ownership and impact you'd like within your product team is very flexible so everyone can easily find his or her comfort zone.
Field Representative
Field Representative (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsAugust 21, 2017
I was a field service representative for the Nielsen and I did not enjoy my time working for the company. The job was extremely stressful and unrealistic. Upper management constantly trying to have you fix problems that were unfixable.

The flexibility of the job was great at times; however, I often found myself working more than 50 hours a week. Not your typical 9-5 job. Work schedule is never the same, prepare to work throughout all hours of the day and weekends if necessary.
awesome place and interesting
SALES TELEMARKETER (Former Employee) –  Oldsmar, FLAugust 20, 2017
very fun, awesome team members, a great place to work i highly recommend people start working at a young age here for a professional start to have a great knowledge on customer interaction.
Pros
pay was great, not a complicated job
Cons
start off working pretty late
Fun until team leader was involved.
Customer service...surveys. (Former Employee) –  Dunedin, FLAugust 20, 2017
Loved working there with one big exception....the management was terrible. They have people in these positions that think they have the right to talk down to you. Very unprofessional and do not care about their employees. I was late by 3 minutes and was written up and embarrassed by a team leader. Was enough to make me quit. Not a place where you want to stay because of such bashing.
Pros
Loved the work
Cons
Bad employee relationships with no concern for your efforts. Management very unprofessional.
no benefits
Cross mark / Data Collector (Former Employee) –  Greenville, MSAugust 17, 2017
If you are looking for something to tie you over until you find a full time job then this is it. They offered no benefits as far as insurance. Working where you could possibly get injured but no benefits.
Great schedule
Editor, TV Data, Assistant PA (Current Employee) –  Nokomis, FL 34275August 17, 2017
I worked for the paper diary division in Nokomis. It was a temporary job that has lasted nearly eight years. We all come in for about 6 weeks, 4 times a year. I've worked in several positions during this time and enjoyed all of them. The people were generally fun to work with and the work load was reasonable. It is a production facility where you are expected to edit as many diaries as possible while being as accurate as possible. There are dozens of guidelines to follow and your work will be checked by a verification department. If the division (paper diaries) were not closing, I'd continue to work there.
Pros
nice environment, lots of time off
Cons
division is closiing
Complicated company with a scattered workforce
Product Management (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILAugust 17, 2017
Generally a good place to work but the subject matter is very complicated to learn and the teams you work with are scattered around the globe. A lot of teleconferences.
runaway
Field Research Technician (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 16, 2017
Female field techs are loved by participants but vilified by Nielsen.
4 managers in 7 months. Management is unsupportive and childish all the way up to the executive level.
Pros
pay
Cons
manager horrible
Data entry
CADC Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Nokomis, FLAugust 15, 2017
great job for retired people or those wishing to work part time. Schedule was 10 weeks on, 6 weeks off. Handled data booklets from homes all over the country that had agreed to monitor the television usage in their homes. Employees were graded on data input accuracy and volume of work.
Pros
on/off work schedule
Cons
Nice place to work if your full-time
Remote Helpdesk Agent (Current Employee) –  Oldsmar, FLAugust 14, 2017
Nice place to work if your full-time, nice atmosphere, good place to work only if your full time and have all the employee benefits. Good 401k, nice pleasant professional atmosphere.

Want to know more about Nielsen?

Ask a question
great incentives
Research Interviewer (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 13, 2017
great incentives if you really try hard and try to reach the desired goal; teamwork is key but its very repetitive so some may get tired or bored of the same survey and saying the same thing over and over but thats how you get good at surveys.
Ambiente laboral agradable, buen desarrollo profesional del asociado
Operation Manager (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PRAugust 13, 2017
Muy buena empresa, se preocupa por su personal, ambiente de trabajo es agradable.
Pros
Nivel de aprendizaje, oportunidades de desarrollo profesional
Cons
Jornadas de trabajo exceden las 40 hrs.
tough dealing with phone customers
Research Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Oldsmar, FLAugust 11, 2017
I was hung up on a lot because a lot of the customers did not want to do an interview (too time consuming.)
I guess for some people it would be a challenge, but not for me!
Cons
you were graded and monitored on the success of your calls made
no room for advancement
Field Representative (Former Employee) –  Oldsmar, FLAugust 11, 2017
They promote from outside and when they do promote within (1 person in 4 years) it was without merit and they picked the person that was cheating, did not have experience, was the worse rep and hardly did any work. When the company wants you to fire you they will look for any infraction to get rid of you, Nielsen is always investigating what you do and they do watch you 24/7 with their tools(gps on car, on phone, EZpass and computers.
Pros
car with fuel/insurance paid by company
Cons
really BAD managers. they give you a GPS and they follow you 24/7
Manager (Current Employee) –  Wilton, CTAugust 10, 2017
The company is wonderful to work for, the atmosphere is very laid back, able to work on your own and touch base weekly with supervisors...Salary is competitive. Overall enjoy my time with Nielsen until the supervisor was changed ultimately leading to much confusion and lack of sufficient communication.Other than that, enjoy going to work every day.
Pros
Wonderful company to work for, flexibility, pro working from home, competitive salary.
Cons
management unprofessional, delayed responses on urgent matters
Rough company
Membership Representative (Former Employee) –  Oldsmar, FLAugust 8, 2017
If you cant' maintain a fast pace, you are headed for the exit. They chew you up and spit you out and its all about the business. Looks like a great opportunity from a distance, but quite different when you get involved in trying to do the job.
Fun Workplace
Lead Panel Relations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Oldsmar, FLAugust 8, 2017
Good and fun place to work for we have lots of activities and Nielsen is very involved with the community, I've learned a lot about Media Data research. I've had all excellent bosses here, I truly loved them all. The hardest part is advancement and growth within the company due to different reasons. To me there is no hard part to my job I have and continue to enjoy what I do . I am currently looking to grow within or outside of Nielsen.
Call Center
Research Interviewer (Current Employee) –  Oldsmar, FLAugust 7, 2017
All call centers are stressful, but Nielsen provides top tier training. It takes a while to get comfortable and sometimes the rules change, but if you focus on your script and your quality, you can receive great performance incentive payouts.
Productive and fun place to work
JIRA Administrator (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILAugust 7, 2017
Great company to work
Team and recognition
Productive and fun place to work
More Knowledgeable and experience working in a Agile environment
Biggest asset is the leadership
Goof for just out of high school
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dunedin, FLAugust 7, 2017
Working at Nielsen was my first management experience. The job was actually a lot of fun and you get to work with many different people. The hours can be long though.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nielsen. Our community is ready to answer.