Nightingale's Nursing & Attendants

Nightingale's Nursing & Attendants Employee Reviews in United States

No Respect
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCMarch 16, 2016
I have worked with nighingales for over 8 years. I do not ever wanna go back. As far as the ppl go they are great loved talking with just about everyone at the company. As far as them doing their job not so great. Then in October they will blame u for not doing work ha. I could never get them to do their work when I would call needing something for my client. Could call and call and sometimes it was I forgot. I get mistakes but not all the time. There is no benefits the ones they do have are no good. I felt as I was loyal and honest to this company and put in over 8year and when the first problem came up they dropped me like a hot potato and didn't even have the respect to call me and let me know they turned me lose.
Productive and nice company to work for
Personal Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCFebruary 24, 2016
A typical day at work consist of handling clients and being able to tend to their needs. While being employed here I learned how to be patient and very careful with every client I receive. The management here and the co-workers are just so understandable and awesome. The hardest part of my job is when you receive bad news about your client. But the most enjoyable part of this job is knowing that you mean something to the clients; being able to help them and actually show them someone does care about them. I would recommend this company to everybody. I love working for Nightingale's Nursing & Attendants.
Very nice people, always polite
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Florence, SCMay 14, 2016
I have been a nurse for 23 years, I was a little shocked when I went for orientation as an RN and spent 2 full days orienting and not get paid for that time spent. Then I was told I needed to go to the clients home and do a meet and greet with the mother. I drove 20 miles there and 20 mile back home and spent 30 min of my time there. I was then told that you don't get paid for any of that. Also, you are charged $40 for background check, drug screen etc. and that comes out of your first paycheck.
So two full days at $26 per 16hrs = $416 plus my travel for them = 40 miles per (standard mileage) .50 a mile = $20. I am negative $436
plus $60 for drug screen and background check for a total of $496 that I lost out on. No wonder its a multimillion $ company.

What a rip off!!!!
Pros
Very friendly staff, very good orientation.
Cons
No pay for orientation nor drivning and time at home visit.
The best place to work! I know others that love working here too!!
Field Nurse (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJune 5, 2016
This is a GREAT job tending to just one patient at their home at a time!!! The job is very rewarding and not at all hard! I worked much harder than this in the hospital for not much more money and never knew when someone would be rude! Here everyone is so nice to me!!
To the nurse that complained about orientation and the meet n greet saying it cost her! : you got free drug testing, free health assessment, you were fronted the money for your SLED and Driving record background check and then you were introduced to a client within 20 minutes of your home!! Oh BTW you were actually being tested and trained for two days by a company that cares that you get this information and that you are safe to send out! Some people always see the glass half empty! This is by far one of the best home care companies and you will do good here if you do your job!
Pros
Nice people, decent pay and benefits like paid days off and banquet
Cons
I always want more money and more days off!!
Excellent caring owners and company!
LPN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCJuly 21, 2016
My long time experience has been absolutely amazing as these people give of their own time and money to help others whenever and however they can. They also have compassion for ALL types of people, whether young or old, rich or poor. You will always find people who complain, even if the real reason was their own, but this company has real reviews on here from people who have worked with them for years, like me. You can count on them to provide excellent customer service and accountability in a friendly and professional way!
Working conditions, job stability, and great clients/staff
Assistant Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Camden, SCAugust 27, 2015
I'm a current employee with Nightingales' and I absolutely LOVVVVE my new career!! Great people with a friendly, fast-paced atmosphere; we are ran by an awesome RN whose dedication drives all of her employees to demonstrate outstanding dedication to our clients and PCA's. Plenty of advancement opportunities and awesome benefits!!! This is an excellent career opportunity!! Come join our extravagant team of loyal and compassionate co-workers!!

Comment – June 23, 2016

It's so nice to hear from our happy and professional staff members! Thank you for the wonderful kind words and we hope you stay with us for many years to come!!

Ok place to work
Nurse (Former Employee) –  South CarolinaMay 12, 2016
This company has a good mission, it is an ok place to work. If you are fortunate enough to work in the office then you'll likely enjoy working here but if you're out in the field it's hit or miss... Management could use some more improvement, the #1 complaint from clients and employees is communication. Pay is ok and benefits are ok, not the worse place to work but could use some improvements especially with management
Pros
Less stress than floor nursing, flexible hours
Cons
Lack of communication, no travel compensation, commute
Great company
Nursing (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCMarch 14, 2016
Excellent management team! Always returned calls and helped resolve issues promptly when they arose. It would be beneficial if they expanded to the upstate for our community. They truly care about the client and employee.
Fair people family like orientation
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Leandro, CAJuly 18, 2016
Great company, lots of training classes and room for advancement. I went to different homes almost everyday so I had no contact with management staff unless picking up supplies or pay-check. I do enjoy being a caregiver and giving back to people in need as I was raised by my great grand and grandmother who were great caregivers.
Pros
lots of work
Cons
company changed hands and work became very far and few in between
The best job ever !!!!!
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCJuly 21, 2016
I am a nurse at Nightingales. I love the staff, the training I received, the supervisory support, and the staffing office. The opportunity to make excellent pay and provide ONE on ONE care to medically challenged children in THEIR HOMES is overwhelmingly rewarding !!! The hardest part of the job is leaving the children in their home and not taking them home with me !!
Pros
Annual In-service training
Cons
I cant think of any
great job
PCA 2/ Respite Care Provider (Current Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, SCJuly 15, 2016
management is not real involved with employee
fun work environment
pay could be better
co-workers are great to work with
great team work
training should be more extensive
love working one on one with the client
have to travel far
Pros
fun environment
Cons
management not involved
Nice people and clients.
HOME HEALTH LPN (Current Employee) –  South CarolinaDecember 15, 2015
Wonderful company overall, but pay is so-so. Not much benefits. But overall is a good job for a nurse seeking time off the floor. Enjoy my clients greatly.
Pros
Autonomy
Cons
benefits, pay
Very Professional
Provide Administrator (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCMay 28, 2016
Nightingales is a wonderful company to work for. I've working at Nightingales for 8 years and I enjoy every minute working there. the staff is polite and the clients are nice.
excellent atmosphere and such a positive place to work and be a part of something positive, growth potential,
office employee (Current Employee) –  Florence s.c.July 31, 2015
Very productive workplace, with such a fulfillment knowing you are playing a roll in helping others with their everyday life and health, Owners and management seem to have a genuine care about the employees as well as the clients, and are actively involved with the everyday process that makes the business successful, Such a positive and productive environment to work in! Very thankful to be a part of this. Potential to grow with the right attitude and strive.
Pros
friendly productive environment, on the job training, the ability to be a part of something that is it's own reward helping others, positive management and atmosphere.
Good Management. Great people. Excellent client management.
Service Coordination (Current Employee) –  Florence. SCJuly 31, 2015
Great people. Good working environment. I have been with the company 9 years and have enjoyed every minute. Great management. Good benefits and pay. We care about our people and clients.

Comment – June 23, 2016

Long term great employees like you are what make us a great company! It's made our day to hear from someone like you!!

Productive Work place!
Human Resources Manager (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCFebruary 23, 2016
Nightingales is a wonderful agency. The office staff is friendly and the clients are amazing! I enjoy working for this company! I recommend this job to all CNA's who enjoy providing the best quality care service to clients at home!
Productive and fun work place.
Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCFebruary 23, 2016
Nightingales nursing is a fun and productive work place. Everybody is very friendly and helpful. Everybody here makes you feel comfortable and welcome!!

Comment – June 23, 2016

Thank you for your time and your kind comments! We appreciate the effort you went to in order to make sure others are aware of some of the hundreds of happy employees just like you who we are grateful for!

loved my patients
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCOctober 23, 2015
enjoyed working with my patients, management was a bit over the top and didn't want to work with me half way dealing with my schooling and other jobs.

Comment – February 20, 2016

Thank you for your feedback! I'm so sorry we couldn't work around your school schedule and other jobs. We can't always accommodate your schedules although a lot of the time WE CAN offer flexible schedules. Thanks to our goodwill and the Blessing of many referrals throughout the state of SC due to that goodwill, we often have many options available in many areas and they continue to evolve daily! We love our excellent employees and always try to make sure everyone is happy! Putting people together with people is what we do and we enjoy trying our best!! I'm glad you loved your patients and maybe one day our schedules will coincide better!!

Unorganized
Personal Care Assistant (PCA) (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCJanuary 13, 2016
I wouldn't recommend anyone applying to Nightingales Nursing and attendant because they will fire you without probable cause.

Comment – February 20, 2016

Thank you for your feedback! We strive daily to find the most qualified and friendliest staff available. We provide exceptional pay and benefits for our industry and only want to continue to make our employees happy. However, our families get to choose who they want in their homes so this is a joint partnership between us and our employees. We can provide the opportunity but you have to make the customer happy (as we do) to keep the job. Good luck and best wishes for a more pleasant experience in the future!

Awesome Job
Assistant Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Camden S.CJuly 31, 2015
I am currently working for Nightingale Nursing in the Camden office. I was trained in the Florence office by the Lead Service Coordinator. From the moment I walked in the office I was in awe of the professional atmosphere, not to mention the beautiful, clean building. When I was interviewed by the owner/ CEO, I knew it was a company I wanted to be a member of. Everyone is treated like family without exaggerating. I encourage anyone looking for employment with medical experience to apply. Our clients are so important to us, and we go above and beyond to ensure great care. For me, the fact that I work in a Christian environment is awesome! !! 100Thumbs up 👍

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nightingale's Nursing & Attendants. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2