Nightingale Home Healthcare Employee Reviews

HUMAN RESOURCE GENERALIST/OFFICE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 26, 2017
Nightingale is a good place to work. Relaxed atmosphere. Employees are good Nurses and Aides. Corporate sometimes like to micro manage. Just went to a new charting system. Easy to use.
great schedules
Nursing Assistant Certified (Current Employee) –  Painesville, OHSeptember 5, 2017
Great company the hours are great .the staff treats you well .I love my clients that I am sent out to.everyone us always so pleasant and eager to help.
Pros
great hours
working at nightengale
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INSeptember 4, 2017
not a good place to work.....they did not give you 40 hours....it has hard work taking care of sick patientsand having to lift and move them...did not care if you hurt yourself
Poor Management
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Missoula, MTAugust 18, 2017
I disliked working for them. They didn't seem to care about their clients. If my son was sick I cud nvr get anyone to cover for me Management was rude
Pros
I enjoyed my clients
Cons
You cud nvr get ahold of management
Home Health care
Business Development/Direct Sales (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 14, 2017
No longer in Minnesota. Strong corporate headquarters in Carmel, Indiana. Huge market share in Indiana. Home health care company. Very efficiently run company.
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Loganville, GAMay 9, 2017
It was a great place to work at while I was working there the job moved to Monroe Georgia to bigger work place and I love my boss the employees and other people.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short breaks
super stressful, always asking more from staff, misrepresented job duties.
HOME HEALTHCARE NURSE (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INMay 4, 2017
this company was horrible! The orientation was long, but didn't cover what was needed. They stated you would only have so many patients per day, but would always be adding to your list. You were expected to do case manager duties, reviewing LPN's and CNA'S, and admitting and discharging patients from the service. You were expected to be on call frequently, but it wasn't "on call", there were scheduled patient to see, and or admit. There was no support from the so called case managers, and it was even difficult to get a hold of them.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
over worked, not supported
Had a better opportunity at Indiana Hand Center
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INApril 19, 2017
I had a better opportunity with Indiana Hand Center. I enjoyed working in the medical field, however, there were some problems I felt in management. I tried several times to speak to my superior with no success, so I moved on to Indiana Hand Center.
A fun and rewarding job!
CNA/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Helena, MTApril 14, 2017
This company is great! Not only for yourself but for the clients as well- you are appreciated and cared about with this company! The clients are the best and most thankful people around!
ok place
Light housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INFebruary 14, 2017
love the clients but the management sucks. they do not work with you and the schedule are crazy. i will not work there again unless under new mangent
RN Auditor
RN Clinical Auditor (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INDecember 12, 2016
Auditing of clinician notes including nurses, Physical Therapists, Occupational therapists, Speech
Therapists, CNA’s, to ensure accuracy and compliance to agency, State and Federal guidelines
Education and supervision of up to 40 clinicians in correct documentation methods
Auditing of OASIS assessments for trends in patient care
Tracking of levels of RN compliance for supervisory visits of LPN’s and CNA’s
Unprofessional Work Environment
Clinical Coordinator (Former Employee) –  IllinoisNovember 16, 2016
Think twice before applying! Management is very unprofessional and will not value you as an employee. If you are planning to be a per visit clinical employee, prepare to travel at an excessive amount and not receive proper compensation for it.
Pros
Cons
Poor management
RUN away, don't walk.
Clinical Auditor (Former Employee) –  Carmel IndianaSeptember 8, 2016
The company is in bankruptcy.
The State is investigating the company for substandard care of patients and there is a Court appointed Ombudsman investigating abuse.
The owner is not a doctor in this country but insists on being addressed as Doctor. Aside from being a megalomaniac, he has serious control and trust issues.
The HR staff is headed by a petty little man with a serious Napoleon complex!
There was a camera in my office. This was not a hidden camera, it was right out in the open and pointing right at me.
Employees are not allowed to take their coats to their office - coats must be left in the coat room.
No food is allowed in the office. They check the trash cans for food wrappers.
NOTHING (!) is allowed to be on the walls, even the fire evacuation diagrams are hooked to the coverplate for the light switch so they do not damage the wall with thumbtack holes.
You must bring dry shoes to wear if the weather is bad because you are not allowed to wear wet shoes in the building.
I could go on and on, but if you don't get the idea from this, then you deserve to work there.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Ran and managed by people needing serious psychological help.
management is great
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 2, 2016
No complaints of management. Staffing personnel are great at finding placements most of the time. The work given is geared toward likes and experience. The wok itself is not difficult but can often become monotonous.
Horrible moral of company
Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INJune 29, 2016
Working at Nightingale was very difficult. The actual job was not hard at all. But the moral of the whole company was very low. People were quitting or getting fired everyday. The turnover rate is very high. The CEO will walk right past you and not speak to you. It was a lot of pressure working there, scared I would lose my job at any moment for any little thing I did. There was no getting to know co-workers. Everyone is secluded in their offices and we were not allowed to go to any other floors.
nice place
LVN Field Staff/PRN (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TX 76104June 27, 2016
Very nice place to work. Field and office staff are professional. Great location to work and it's located near the CTP. I30 and I35 and the major hospitals near the hospital district in Ft. Worth.
Great local leadership, but suffers for from corporate disorganization
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Taunton, MAJune 17, 2016
I really enjoyed my time with the MA office of Nightingale; it offered me lots of room for improvement and development, but the corporate structure of the nationwide company is sometimes prohibitive to the agency reaching it's greatest potential. Competitive salary, great direct leadership.
Pros
Competitive pay, always growing, great supervision
Cons
Disorganized corporate structure, expensive benefits, unrealistic expectations
HR nightmare
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Billings, MTMarch 7, 2016
if you have back issues or mental health problems contact your doctor for a full medical history for this job. I got hired then they stopped my employment because i hurt my back lifting a client instead of just giving me social hours Risk Management just cut my hours completely.
good opportunity for the needy to stay in their own home
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Butte, MTDecember 27, 2015
Take care of clients. Cook, home care, bathing, dressing, transporting, take clients to medical appointments, shopping, appointments, run errands.

I didn't work much with other co-workers on a day to day basis.

The hardest part of the job is a schedule that is not consistent and hours that vary.

I learned a lot about the mental heath program and care of those with disabilities.
great place to work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Douglas, GADecember 14, 2015
helping attend to my patients and their need i learned alot on caring and respect and it would bother me if i couldnt help them but a joy to see them smile knowing i did a great job