Nightingale Home Healthcare Employee Reviews

RN Auditor
RN Clinical Auditor (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INDecember 12, 2016
Auditing of clinician notes including nurses, Physical Therapists, Occupational therapists, Speech
Therapists, CNA’s, to ensure accuracy and compliance to agency, State and Federal guidelines
Education and supervision of up to 40 clinicians in correct documentation methods
Auditing of OASIS assessments for trends in patient care
Tracking of levels of RN compliance for supervisory visits of LPN’s and CNA’s
Unprofessional Work Environment
Clinical Coordinator (Former Employee) –  IllinoisNovember 16, 2016
Think twice before applying! Management is very unprofessional and will not value you as an employee. If you are planning to be a per visit clinical employee, prepare to travel at an excessive amount and not receive proper compensation for it.
Pros
Cons
Poor management
RUN away, don't walk.
Clinical Auditor (Former Employee) –  Carmel IndianaSeptember 8, 2016
The company is in bankruptcy.
The State is investigating the company for substandard care of patients and there is a Court appointed Ombudsman investigating abuse.
The owner is not a doctor in this country but insists on being addressed as Doctor. Aside from being a megalomaniac, he has serious control and trust issues.
The HR staff is headed by a petty little man with a serious Napoleon complex!
There was a camera in my office. This was not a hidden camera, it was right out in the open and pointing right at me.
Employees are not allowed to take their coats to their office - coats must be left in the coat room.
No food is allowed in the office. They check the trash cans for food wrappers.
NOTHING (!) is allowed to be on the walls, even the fire evacuation diagrams are hooked to the coverplate for the light switch so they do not damage the wall with thumbtack holes.
You must bring dry shoes to wear if the weather is bad because you are not allowed to wear wet shoes in the building.
I could go on and on, but if you don't get the idea from this, then you deserve to work there.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Ran and managed by people needing serious psychological help.
management is great
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 2, 2016
No complaints of management. Staffing personnel are great at finding placements most of the time. The work given is geared toward likes and experience. The wok itself is not difficult but can often become monotonous.
Horrible moral of company
Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INJune 29, 2016
Working at Nightingale was very difficult. The actual job was not hard at all. But the moral of the whole company was very low. People were quitting or getting fired everyday. The turnover rate is very high. The CEO will walk right past you and not speak to you. It was a lot of pressure working there, scared I would lose my job at any moment for any little thing I did. There was no getting to know co-workers. Everyone is secluded in their offices and we were not allowed to go to any other floors.
nice place
LVN Field Staff/PRN (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TX 76104June 27, 2016
Very nice place to work. Field and office staff are professional. Great location to work and it's located near the CTP. I30 and I35 and the major hospitals near the hospital district in Ft. Worth.
Great local leadership, but suffers for from corporate disorganization
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Taunton, MAJune 17, 2016
I really enjoyed my time with the MA office of Nightingale; it offered me lots of room for improvement and development, but the corporate structure of the nationwide company is sometimes prohibitive to the agency reaching it's greatest potential. Competitive salary, great direct leadership.
Pros
Competitive pay, always growing, great supervision
Cons
Disorganized corporate structure, expensive benefits, unrealistic expectations
HR nightmare
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Billings, MTMarch 7, 2016
if you have back issues or mental health problems contact your doctor for a full medical history for this job. I got hired then they stopped my employment because i hurt my back lifting a client instead of just giving me social hours Risk Management just cut my hours completely.
good opportunity for the needy to stay in their own home
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Butte, MTDecember 27, 2015
Take care of clients. Cook, home care, bathing, dressing, transporting, take clients to medical appointments, shopping, appointments, run errands.

I didn't work much with other co-workers on a day to day basis.

The hardest part of the job is a schedule that is not consistent and hours that vary.

I learned a lot about the mental heath program and care of those with disabilities.
great place to work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Douglas, GADecember 14, 2015
helping attend to my patients and their need i learned alot on caring and respect and it would bother me if i couldnt help them but a joy to see them smile knowing i did a great job
advancement opportunities
Human Resources Generalist/ Medical Records (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 29, 2015
Good company that provides advancement opportunities and a fast-paced learning environment. Gives chance to work independently with little supervision. Supports office staff by sending other staff from outside states to train new employees.
Pros
work independently
Cons
inflexible hours/ schedule
Let you move around instead of being in one place
Personal Care (Current Employee) –  Sandersville GaSeptember 3, 2015
Nightingale have taught so many wonderful things. At first I thought this kid of job wasn't for me, but when I finally got the hang of it I turned out to like it
Run
Payroll (Former Employee) –  carmel indianaJanuary 20, 2015
Dont even look at the ad for any position. The owner is unrealistic. He's made employees cry. He is irrational. The company pays well but they will run you into the ground. Their systems are out dated.
Pros
pay
Cons
everytbing else
I did care of my pts, contacted the physians for orders and give updates.
Case Management and Home Health Care (Former Employee) –  All over Las Vegas city and into the county.January 13, 2015
I would work 4 cases to 8 cases a day. I learned to tighten up my skills. The director of nursing were good nurses. The hardest part of the job was getting my charting with a new start completed on time. I really enjoyed the pts. We also had other companies come in a show us new products and new skills.
Pros
Most of the pts. were very nice and tried to help you, help them.
Cons
Some times it took longer to drive to the pts. house than to do their care.
Ready to be Overworked and Underpaid?
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  carmel, INNovember 7, 2014
In 8 months... instead of seeing 6-8 pts/day I was seeing 10-14 patients per day. I went through 5 or 6 clinical coordinators.
I was on call 2 days a week, driving 1,000 miles a week,working 80 hours per week and getting paid for 55-60.

Nurses either stay 3 days, 3 weeks, or 3 months.
Then you are burned out.

DO NOT GO BACK!
Pros
it IS a job
Cons
lack of management, over acceptance of patients
Horrible mgmt and owner
Marketer (Former Employee) –  IndianapolisJuly 10, 2014
-The marketing manager has no clue what she's doing. She has no clue how to lead a sales force and quite frankly are very surprised she still holds the position.
-There's zero training or consistent direction.
-The company refuses to adapt with the times where there's more competition, meaning less business. The quota expectations are out dated and if you don't meet them, they take away your salary and you only earn money on your referrals.
-The owner and marketing manager have very poor morals, hiring people as guinea pigs without telling them that if they don't produce in the first 90 days they're going to get fired.
-The owner has major control issues, such as having GPS on all marketers vehicles yo track every move. Office employees work in an environment resembling WWII Germany.
tense office environment
Home Health Aide Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Carmel, INJune 30, 2014
At this place you never feel secure with your job and depending on the mood of the president, you could be berated for anything and everything by him.
Lowest per visit pay, issue cashing check, no direct deposit RUN FAST
RN Field (Former Employee) –  TexasJune 26, 2014
6-7 patients day all over, Pressured by schedulers to drive the same day to opposite end of town. Very long hours paperwork due by midnight or pay reduce rates. Lowest mileage pay in Texas, consistent calls, overload with tedious paper work on top of the norm that should be performed by office people. Always short staffed, high turnover. They will drain you dry, and pay you pennies for it. Easy do 600 miles week. Unrealistic place to work, the notebook to chart are old outdated looses charting so you have to redo. Full time case management is joke, productivity unattainable, weekend visits part of being full time unless you meet their quota, which is impossible.
Pros
Paid by Paper Checks in 2014
Cons
Low pay, rude headquarters, no one ever available because all calls go to Indiana
High Pressure Positions
Assistant Director of Marketing (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INJune 9, 2014
While I loved working with my coworkers, management and owners were not as easy to work for. There was no division of career and family and your job was paramount to your personal life.
Pros
Fast growing company
Cons
no personal life, verbal abuse by owners
Working with all walks of life teaches to be humble.
Healthcare Attendant (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INJune 7, 2014
I learned work is as easy or as difficult as you make but having a good repoir with your client speaks volumes.
Pros
You're able to set your schedule.
Cons
Travelling to make more money.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nightingale Home Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6