Nightingale Home Healthcare

Nightingale Home Healthcare Employee Reviews in United States

good opportunity for the needy to stay in their own home
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Butte, MTDecember 27, 2015
Take care of clients. Cook, home care, bathing, dressing, transporting, take clients to medical appointments, shopping, appointments, run errands.

I didn't work much with other co-workers on a day to day basis.

The hardest part of the job is a schedule that is not consistent and hours that vary.

I learned a lot about the mental heath program and care of those with disabilities.
great place to work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Douglas, GADecember 14, 2015
helping attend to my patients and their need i learned alot on caring and respect and it would bother me if i couldnt help them but a joy to see them smile knowing i did a great job
advancement opportunities
Human Resources Generalist/ Medical Records (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 29, 2015
Good company that provides advancement opportunities and a fast-paced learning environment. Gives chance to work independently with little supervision. Supports office staff by sending other staff from outside states to train new employees.
Pros
work independently
Cons
inflexible hours/ schedule
Let you move around instead of being in one place
Personal Care (Current Employee) –  Sandersville GaSeptember 3, 2015
Nightingale have taught so many wonderful things. At first I thought this kid of job wasn't for me, but when I finally got the hang of it I turned out to like it
Run
Payroll (Former Employee) –  carmel indianaJanuary 20, 2015
Dont even look at the ad for any position. The owner is unrealistic. He's made employees cry. He is irrational. The company pays well but they will run you into the ground. Their systems are out dated.
Pros
pay
Cons
everytbing else
I did care of my pts, contacted the physians for orders and give updates.
Case Management and Home Health Care (Former Employee) –  All over Las Vegas city and into the county.January 13, 2015
I would work 4 cases to 8 cases a day. I learned to tighten up my skills. The director of nursing were good nurses. The hardest part of the job was getting my charting with a new start completed on time. I really enjoyed the pts. We also had other companies come in a show us new products and new skills.
Pros
most of the pts. were very nice and tried to help you, help them.
Cons
some times it took longer to drive to the pts. house than to do their care.
Ready to be Overworked and Underpaid?
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  carmel, INNovember 7, 2014
In 8 months... instead of seeing 6-8 pts/day I was seeing 10-14 patients per day. I went through 5 or 6 clinical coordinators.
I was on call 2 days a week, driving 1,000 miles a week,working 80 hours per week and getting paid for 55-60.

Nurses either stay 3 days, 3 weeks, or 3 months.
Then you are burned out.

DO NOT GO BACK!
Pros
it is a job
Cons
lack of management, over acceptance of patients
Horrible mgmt and owner
Marketer (Former Employee) –  IndianapolisJuly 10, 2014
-The marketing manager has no clue what she's doing. She has no clue how to lead a sales force and quite frankly are very surprised she still holds the position.
-There's zero training or consistent direction.
-The company refuses to adapt with the times where there's more competition, meaning less business. The quota expectations are out dated and if you don't meet them, they take away your salary and you only earn money on your referrals.
-The owner and marketing manager have very poor morals, hiring people as guinea pigs without telling them that if they don't produce in the first 90 days they're going to get fired.
-The owner has major control issues, such as having GPS on all marketers vehicles yo track every move. Office employees work in an environment resembling WWII Germany.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
tense office environment
Home Health Aide Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Carmel, INJune 30, 2014
At this place you never feel secure with your job and depending on the mood of the president, you could be berated for anything and everything by him.
Lowest per visit pay, issue cashing check, no direct deposit RUN FAST
RN Field (Former Employee) –  TexasJune 26, 2014
6-7 patients day all over, Pressured by schedulers to drive the same day to opposite end of town. Very long hours paperwork due by midnight or pay reduce rates. Lowest mileage pay in Texas, consistent calls, overload with tedious paper work on top of the norm that should be performed by office people. Always short staffed, high turnover. They will drain you dry, and pay you pennies for it. Easy do 600 miles week. Unrealistic place to work, the notebook to chart are old outdated looses charting so you have to redo. Full time case management is joke, productivity unattainable, weekend visits part of being full time unless you meet their quota, which is impossible.
Pros
paid by paper checks in 2014
Cons
low pay, rude headquarters, no one ever available because all calls go to indiana
High Pressure Positions
Assistant Director of Marketing (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INJune 9, 2014
While I loved working with my coworkers, management and owners were not as easy to work for. There was no division of career and family and your job was paramount to your personal life.
Pros
fast growing company
Cons
no personal life, verbal abuse by owners
Working with all walks of life teaches to be humble.
Healthcare Attendant (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INJune 7, 2014
I learned work is as easy or as difficult as you make but having a good repoir with your client speaks volumes.
Pros
you're able to set your schedule.
Cons
travelling to make more money.
Horrible place to work.
LPN (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute and long distance counties.May 21, 2014
You will work 12-14 hours a day. 8-9 hours of driving and atleast 3 hours of charting. No time for your families or a life. And they do not care.
Pros
can't think of one.
Cons
too many to list.
a excellent learning experience
RN, case manager, field clinical cordinator (Current Employee) –  Carmel, INMarch 25, 2014
i love working at nightengale home healthcare. i have learned many new things, and hope to never stop learning.
Assessing patients, V/S, medication administration, educating patients on their disease processes, medicine prefills, charting on EMR, wound care, wound vac, PICC line care, blood draws, urinalysis, wound cultures, catheter care, treatments, PT/INR machine , interacting with other members of the healthcare team on patients behalf, supervision of HCA.
Pros
using my skills, meeting people, caring for their needs
Cons
traveling so far
Job security is non existent
Inside office staff (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INMarch 12, 2014
Employees come and go often time within the same year. The only person that has job security is the India born owner of the company. The HR director has even left and came back. Pay is good but family life will suffer…
Pros
compensation
Cons
lack of home time
great learning experience
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INMarch 10, 2014
I learned a lot. I worked in the Medical Records Department as well the HR office.
oppressive micromanagement from afar
Patient Advocate ( Marketing Rep) (Former Employee) –  Hinsdale, ILDecember 3, 2013
Dr. B runs everything from Indy. He's even notified when you're late. They may like you, but if you don't bring in enough referrals immediately, you're gone in three months. 10 days combined sick/ vacation. Hinsdale office people decent to work with. Every mile is logged and monitored, if they give you a car. If not, they'll put a GPS on your personal vehicle.
okay
Medical Records Specialist (Current Employee) –  Carmel, inOctober 31, 2013
This job was okay however he was to quick to let people go. You never felt safe in your job
Do NOT recommend
A/R Specialist (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INAugust 28, 2013
If you like working 13 hour days, being criticized for the GOOD job you do, like to be micro managed by 4 different people at any given time, given duties and task that do not pertain to your job description, being bullied and reprimanded for not wiping your feet when coming into the office then this is the place for you.
Pros
i do not work there anymore
Cons
not enough space to write
This place requires a lot of prayer and patience
Home Health Aide, Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 23, 2013
The co-workers are great just keep your eyes open. I loved and enjoyed every patient I had and was requested to come back by all. I learned to document and keep track of hours worked and miles traveled. It would be a a wonderful company if there were not so many women in the office!!!!!
Pros
you get a check
Cons
managment, schedulers, time off

2.6