NIKE Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,735 reviews matching the search
Fast Pace and Great People
Consultant in the role of Product Owner (Current Employee) –  Beaverton, ORFebruary 22, 2016
If you can appreciate change and a very fast pace then you will appreciate working at Nike digital.

Expect to be self-motivated and not require lots of approvals once you've done a great job, as much of the time folks are moving too fast to notice.

Direct Management tends to manage upwards only and you may feel a bit forgotten. My advice is work for yourself, get the experiences and challenges that will keep you engaged and keep you advancing.

There are so many positive aspects, the projects are very cool and many times are high-profile. You'll love the culture, people and in many cases the projects.
Pros
Culture, people, challenging projects
Cons
a feeling of lack of appreciation from direct leadership
Non-negotiating Place of Employment
Seasonal Athlete (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 4, 2016
A typical day at work consisted of greeting and interacting with consumers, and meeting their basic shopping needs. I picked up customer service skills and enhanced my social skills. Management was not very understanding, and did not work with employees availabilities. My coworkers were all very friendly and easy to get along with. The hardest part of the job was not receiving the hours that were promised upon hire. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting people from all around the world and getting to know a little bit about them.
Pros
Hour lunch
Cons
No benefits
Very fast paced
Seasonal Athlete (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 25, 2016
Nike culture is very fast paced and it is very fun. Sometimes the management is not very helpful, especially when there is a high tourist volume. Employees definitely make the workplace alot of fun.
Pros
40% employee discount
Cons
long hours sometimes
I loved working here,the job culture was amazing
Athlete (Sales Associate) (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 21, 2016
I wish I could have stayed with the company longer, due to some unforseen life changes I was unable to do so.
However great place to work, I enjoyed coming to work and there is lots of room for growth within the company
Pros
Learning the product and, room for advancement
Cons
Compensation and hours could've been better, only reason I had to leave
Fun place to work and develop retail experience
Sales Associate/Shipping and Receiving (Current Employee) –  San Ysidro, CAFebruary 18, 2016
Develop better inventory management and customer service skills, continue to develop on working in a team as well as individually. Management is always there to help and answer questions, very good open door policy is implemented. Co-workers are always helpful, fun and willing to work as a team and help each other out.
Pros
Good advancement opportunities.
Cons
No commions sales.
Family like environment that never felt like work!
Nike Athlete (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMarch 31, 2016
Nike was easily my favorite job out of all the jobs that I had previously worked at. I got the job through my brother getting me and interview and then just meeting/exceeding everything they asked of me as an employee. Whether it was product knowledge, helping customers or helping out in the back when asked I did just about everything there and I enjoyed it all. The reason I left though was after about 8-9 months with the company we got new management and they also stopped letting part time employees work over 25 hours (which you could do if you picked up people's shifts which I did quite often) and I began to not enjoying coming to work anymore. A lot of the people that I built friendships with had left prior to myself and it just wasn't the same.
Pros
1 hour lunch, 40% off of everything, upbeat environment
Cons
not enough hours after the changes
Happy work place
Sales Associate & Athlete (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 13, 2016
Excellent staff and management, fun to work. great co workers, lots of benefits and perks. hours can be scare depending on position with company. overall its okay, can learn a lot about the running culture.
Its all about who you know...
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORDecember 28, 2015
Grace period you are full time, getting a minimum of 32 hours, once your hired, you become part time and only able to get 20-25 hours. But only got 4-16 every 2 weeks. The store goes through managers like crazy. Only worked there a little over a year and had 14 managers. Communication with the managers, and staff are horrible due to the constant changes. They only gave me a 2 CENT RAISE after a year. I only stayed for the nike pass. The only people that ive seen promoted were people who had family members who worked at headquarters. I worked with very hard working sales associates whom many worked in the same position for 7-10 years!!!Unless you want to be a Ekin (nike spelled backwards & a cult where you get a nike tattoo and live, breathe and eat nike) then I wouldn't recommend this job. Dont try to work in a store just to work at headquarters. Unless have a family member working there that can pull strings, it wont work out. Your better off starting as a janitor at headquarters (which is paid more than retail at a store).
Pros
Employee Store pass ( great for sneaker heads & 50% off retail prices)
Cons
Very low pay and close to no working hours. Low chance of being promoted.
It was an excellent place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 24, 2016
I worked in retail as a customer service. I work in the basement where I would ascend the sneakers to different floors. I would transition sneakers that were not making a good profit. Also I would deflate the prices of a lot of product that were not selling fast enough.
I would work on the seventh floor where I would send the different products to different department. We all work as a team and we respect each other. It was very hard to work for some one whenever
they called out from work. The work would have been harder because you would have to work in their section after you have done yours. It was a pleasure working for this company.
Pros
I worked long hours for a little wages.
Cons
I enjoyed the bonus.
Many Amenities available to employees
Event Management (Current Employee) –  Beaverton, ORJanuary 30, 2016
Growing company with opportunity for the most diverse work force imaginable.
Common to work along side employees with 15+ years experience within the company.
Compensation is weighted towards positions directly related to selling and developing the product as well as upper management.
Pros
Gyms, product discount, pride in brand
Cons
Long days
Productive & Great Place to Start
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLMarch 10, 2016
Great place to start off. Just like any retail job, not much growth. But it is up to you to take what you learned from that field and grow with it. I learned a lot about customer service, retail, and teamwork.
Pros
Hour Lunches, Employees Benefits
Cons
Long hours, inconsistent scheduling, pay
Challenging and interesting work
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, OROctober 30, 2015
Opportunity to learn and grow. Co-workers and management were great to work with. I learned a lot in this job which helped expand my experience to be more competitive for future job opportunities.
Pros
Flexible schedule, good benefits
Cons
Orientation on organization structue and roles and responsibilies could have been better.
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORNovember 12, 2015
Nike HQ is a beautiful campus, operates as a collaborative and competitive environment, with a win and have fun attitude. Definitely a superiority complex in upper management, be prepared with documentation and analytics if you want to be taken seriously.
Pros
Work/life balance
Cons
Management can surround themselves with Yes men
amazing
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sunset, FLMarch 15, 2016
nike town Miami was amazing working for. the job environment the employees the management was outstanding, the company views and morals and benefits are great as well. loved working for nike
nice fun work environment with great people to work with
Stock (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 4, 2016
a typical day was processing merchandise and organizing stock room
i love the job but there was no room for career growth and salary raise
Fun place to work with supportive management but barely any opportunities for growth
Athlete on Warehouse Team (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 22, 2015
In order for you to have any advancement with this company, you have to have your entire life dedicated to it. Which means your attendance must be consistent as consistent can get. You have to be cool with all the managers in order to have some sort of manager support in that aspect. The co-workers are fun and its almost like having a family away from home. Of course there are cliques but its pretty much diverse. Co-workers can be lazy at times which makes for a lot more work. They are always hiring. Especially teenagers. This is not a job for people who have real responsibilities unless you are willing to dedicate your life to them in order to get to a managerial position in which they do nothing except stand in front of a computer or stand around and talk to one another.
Pros
Laid back atmosphere, hardly any supervision, great way to balance life and job
Cons
NOT ENOUGH PAY OR BENEFITS! CONSTANTLY CUTS HOURS!
My favorite workplace
Athlete (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 20, 2016
A typical day at Nike, if working the morning shift would consist of morning huddle. In our morning huddles we would talk about our sells from yesterday compared to the previous year and set a sales goal for the day, that should be last years goal. After huddle everyone goes to their floor and then doors are open to the consumers. At Nike I learned to be very interactive with the customers and try to learn things about them that will make the customer service go up. The management team was great to get along with, they were all so helpful and are very great leaders. I met some very nice co-workers and fact they were great too. The hardest part about this job was staying focus because there are many things going on at this place. The most enjoyable part about this job was being able to join clubs ran by Nike and be come a pacer coach for the public and actually get paid for it.
If you have a body you are an athlete.
Head Coach (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALFebruary 2, 2016
Great people, great perks and decent pay, okay benefits. Plenty of opportunity for career advancement. Opportunity to engage with the community on a meaningful level with various company initiatives.
Fun and energetic environment.
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Texas City, TXMarch 16, 2016
A typical day at work consisted of lots of organizing clothes shoes and back-stock items depending on what day it was we would have to unload the truck stock floor or whatever the days missions was, we did it with efficiency. We always had a good time at work management was fun good sense of humor. Hardest part which wasn't actually hard was inventory. Most enjoyable part was just being there, got to meet some good people from corporate some famous athletes as well.
Pros
Experience in general and knowledge learned about products
Cons
Dealing with rude guests.
Great Work Enviornment
Part-Time Athlete (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYMarch 25, 2016
Amazing staff and management. The leaders are really great and willing to teach you and help you grow. Advancement starts from the bottom up.

4.2