NIKE Employee Reviews

Found 2,179 reviews matching the search
Great Company, Family Atmosphere
Former Specialist (Manager) (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 10, 2017
Worked for brand for about 6 years in the Orlando Market(3 stores). Wish I can go back. Last role was in Management. Great Company, Benefits are good, Diversity is great. Religious beliefs are respected. With so much culture coming in and out on a daily basis, you become more educated and diverse on your approach to customer service. Nike understands that so it seems like every year they are changing the standard to service by always keeping an unbias on the feedback from their consumers. I really enjoyed the atmosphere and the team comradery. You have some hick ups here and there with a few employees that aren't satisfied with where they are in life or the company but if you stay away from the noise, remain consistent and determined your opportunities/your career with Nike can be a endless journey.
Pros
Diversity, Career Opportunities, and Employee Benefits
Cons
Character and Attitudes from Seasoned Employees that dislike their position.
Depends on the team, overall many issues with work life balance
Business Manager (Current Employee) –  Beaverton, ORFebruary 7, 2017
Nike attracts and hires smart, talented people and fails to support them with strong middle management, compensation and appropriate work life balance. On-boarding and training is meager, expectations are not always clear, and much of the employee's success depends on "fitting in", which is only possible under the guidance of a dedicated and strong manager who can acclimate new employees to the oddities of the culture, people and systems. Overall, a brutal and fast paced corporate environment where senior management is king and rank and file employees are second class.
Fun team culture but very little growth (Retail)
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaNovember 22, 2016
In the retail aspect of Nike, higher management (district managers) don't see who puts in the most work. Even if you make a strong impact on your store, it won't matter if you don't constantly suck up to the district manager. Everyone in your store can show appreciate and value, but that doesn't help your advancement unless your head coach (store manager) backs you up.

The culture is great though. You're around everyone who shares the same passion for the brand and sports. It makes it easy to work when you're around what you love.
Pros
great team culture, similar passions/interests, 40% discount, 401k plan, stock options
Cons
very little advancement, low pay, yearly raises are ~$2/hour, results don't equal promotions
Good job with benefits
Athlete (Former Employee) –  Oxon Hill, MDJanuary 29, 2017
Nike was a great temporary job for me. I was not looking to make it my career, as I worked here while I was a full time college student as well. They offer you raises, give you bonuses (based on your store's sales), they are flexible with your hours, you can request days off in advance. Co-workers and management was very friendly and it was like a family.
The con of the job was it is hard to advance up in ranks, as well as the work can get tedious over holiday hours and they may need you to work extended hours.
(However you get holiday pay too)
Pros
Discount, Nice work environment, holiday pay, bonuses, long break, flexible scheduling
Cons
hard to advance, very tedious over holiday season
Nike in a nutshell
Operations/Human Resources Manager (Current Employee) –  Anthem, AZDecember 3, 2016
Nike's culture of inclusion and excellence is on par with all the great companies of the world. They have a passion for their consumers and employees and will strive to make decisions that benefit both. The largest drawback on the retail operations and leadership side is the lack of work life balance. Hours are constantly changing, they do not allow set schedules and you have to request to have a weekend off months in advance.

Overall the company is what you would expect from a multi billion dollar global giant. They drive business through innovation and work hard to expand the reach of the brand at every level.
Pros
Benefits and product
Cons
Work life balance
Overall Cool Workplace
Visual Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 15, 2016
Nike is a great workplace very fun and productive.....

At typical day at work is very energetic and productive and not to mention fun the days go by quickly.

Management is always there to guide and teach you about obstacles they are very recognizable of your hard work and also express that throughout the company.

What I've learned at Nike is that your workplace doesn't have to be bland and boring, I also learned that the company definitely deserves it's high ratings.

Co workers at Nike keeps the job pumped and filled with high energy.

The most enjoyable part about the job is that I am a visual which I love to do the hardest part is I don't always get to be as innovative as I would like being a visual.
Pros
Great benefits, you'll never be bored, you earn what you work for.
Cons
Innovation stays within a certain category.
Job experience
SALES ATHLETE (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, TXFebruary 5, 2017
Good for college students. Very poor job work/life balance. Job security is fair.

Management was great only does not work very well with your work/life balance. Great job culture it felt more like family than solely co-workers. Good training for possible advancement but takes a while for even skilled workers to move to the next level.
Pros
Good benefits, good training and good workplace culture
Cons
Difficult to get a full-time position (1 year), Salary was slightly over minimum wage.
Productive and Fun working environment
Athlete (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CA 92173January 24, 2017
I really enjoy the working environment of Nike its really energetic and friendly people generally have a really great attitude and approachable presence. I would meet all kinds of awesome people from many different backgrounds, I've been able to make some great friendships there. I learned many great skills such as handling customer service situations and handling large cash register sales. Learning all departments and opening and closing store procedures. How to work with unit inventory processing, shipping and receiving.
Management has been helpful throughout the entire time of being there they are excellent leaders and have helped shape me to be the excellent worker that I am today.
I guess I would say nothing really about this job was hard. The hardest part would probably be working overnight shifts for black Friday sales and inventory count.
My most favorite part of the job was just coming into work and ready to take on whatever challenge we have to take on that day.
Pros
great team members and environment, benefits, and payed breaks
Dynamic, fast paced. But it's up to you
Global Merchandising Operations (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, OROctober 12, 2016
Nike has great campus environments, but is densifying all of its work areas due to overcrowding. Additionally, you can either get lucky with a great manager, a real coach, or you can get someone awful - I had both the best and worst bosses of my career there.
But Nike also has great benefits, and if you can keep a hold of your work/life balance (this is up to YOU, as overwork and overdedication are encouraged) you'll love it.
Be aware, advancement and career advancement are also up to you.
Pros
"summer hours" (half-day fridays)
Cons
24/7 mentality, inconsistent management
A fun, learning experience without the stress of most workplaces.
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Pooler, GANovember 18, 2016
This was a fun, relaxed job where I was pushed to learn more about different products and my co-workers in a helthy, stress free environment. I had the oppurtunity to learn how to store large quantities of merchandise, up-sale products to customers on a regular basis, and had a chance to open the store from the ground up. The management staff was extraordinarily kind and caring about their employees but was also strict enough to keep their employees dedicated and motivated.
Pros
Multiple breaks throughout the day, tv and game system in break room
Cons
No benefits, seasonal hours
perfect if you're young and first job
Seasonal Athlete (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 26, 2016
Great for it's benefits, come on now it's Nike. Also if you're young this is the place for you. But the management is all about favoritism, ALOT. Just go to work and do what you gotta do that's it, don't gossip with people and don't get into things you know you're not suppose to. The Nike I worked at is well known for that! The interview was pretty cool and friendly, usually the people you group interview with are the people you're gonna stick along with. If you're at a Nike town, the pay isn't really worth it. I use to tell myself that i didn't care cuz I loved and collect sneakers so much, but after awhile, you're like wow.
Pros
Discount is good and young environment
Cons
Favoritism and low pay
Better than average retail clothing stores
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Texas City, TXAugust 26, 2016
All in all, the company truly cares about the employees, based on the fact that all my store management I've worked for have all shown they respect you, including my district and territory managers, who occasionally visit the store and have a "chat it up" with employees with no manager sitting in. Pay is also higher than average retail (here in Texas is around $7.50 and everybody here started at $9.00) and up until the start of FY17, received quarterly bonuses. We still receive yearly raises. Only downfall is though I've worked there for 2 years, I still get passed up for promotions and the only reason I can assume is that despite my constant high ratings with customers in store surveys, I'm probably passed up since I don't suck up.
Pros
Hour long lunch breaks for 5+ hour shifts, higher pay than normal
Cons
Hours get cut almost exactly in half after busy times and/or you complete seasonal period
Very fast Paced Environment
Nike Athlete (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJDecember 10, 2016
A typical day at work is helping large amounts of customers find products that they need, while providing valuable information of the product the customer.
I have learned about the history of the company
Management was very strict at sometimes
My coworkers were very nice to work with
The hardest part of the job was standing for long amounts of hours
the most enjoyable part of the job was my benefits.
Pros
Exclusive website to discounted gear
Cons
would get messy on holiday days
Great place to work with great benefits
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 19, 2016
Most days are relaxed but productive. I've learned everything from repair belts, gearboxs to working with PLC's. Management is great and very respectful. Great team work with co-workers and peers. The hardest part of the job is getting blamed by operations that everything is maintenance fault but always keep a positive attitude. The most enjoyable part is gettin paid for something you enjoy doing.
Pros
Give Away, Benefits, Stock
Cons
Fun place to work with an incredible staff.
Athlete (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 7, 2016
Nike is a great place to work at any age, very diverse all around. I loved coming in everyday because of how awesome the atmosphere is! During my time at Nike, I learned a ton about shoes and the benefits that come along with them. The management is great. They are super flexible and understanding. My co-workers were great as well, but to me, they just weren't co-workers but teammates. The staff as a whole was so amazing, I couldn't ask for anything better.
Pros
hour long lunches!
Cons
can't think of any..
Productive and Fun Workplace
Assistant Head Coach/Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe, NMFebruary 15, 2017
Typical day at work varies on a daily basis depending on business needs. The company gives you tools to enable success compared to other retailers. Management is down to earth and easy to talk to, comes on visits dressed casually and takes time to talk to the workers.
Pros
Benefits, discounts and bonus structure
Cons
Its hard to transition from the retail store to the corporate offices.
Company overview
Athlete (Sales Associate) (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 15, 2017
I came into Nike out of highschool and matured there as time went. My coworkers were very outgoing, and management were very helpful and caring. The benefits at Nike were great, from the giveaways, 401k match, and health insurance. I have meet many Nike professional athletes and artists during my duration at Nike. Some days were easy going and some required much work.
Pros
Benefits and peers
Cons
On your feet much
Great Place to Work
Athlete - Retail Associate/Stockroom Associate (Former Employee) –  Michigan City, INJanuary 9, 2017
This was a great atmosphere and I thoroughly enjoyed working here. On some occasions I would butt heads with the management but a solution was always reached. The pay was competitive and the employee benefits were a great added perk.
Pros
Competitive pay, great employee benefits
Cons
Poor direction at times, very understaffed
Nike Career
TN Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 14, 2017
Nike is a very nice company to work for with excellent benefits. The salary is competitive with other companies. I work on 3 day work week with four days off. The workplace is nice especially with the new break rooms we have. The hardest part of the job is being up for twelve hours at night. What I enjoy the most is the perks we receive throughout the year.
Demanding But Enjoyable
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORJanuary 19, 2017
Working security for Nike, you receive many of the same benefits any other employee would, including good discounts on merchandise and comparable benefits packages. You're rotated around to varying posts day by day, so you get a variety of settings in which to work on the campus. However, much is expected of you in terms of building checks, monitoring of cameras and alarms, making sure no one gets in who shouldn't be.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NIKE. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2