NIKE Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,645 reviews matching the search
My role at Nike
Visual Merchandising & Apparel Lead (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 23, 2016
Responsible for managing a retail staff within a business. Coordinates the shipping of goods, sets up displays, and assists customers and staff during business hours.
Manage retail staff, including cashiers and people working on the floor.
Meet financial objectives by preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
Pros
Great company, Great benefits
Cons
Compensation could be better
Clique's , illegitimate management, but good pay
Seasonal Employee (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 24, 2016
management never knew when people were going on break, constantly stood around and talked while we did all the work , short patience, the pay was 9.50 so very good for retail , and the discounts were on point. did not get hired back after seasonal because of my "shy personality" should've been a lawsuit. the staff that was already working there were childish adults , constantly talking in cliques . rude
Pros
discount, wage
Cons
management
Productive and Fun workplace
Nike sales associate (Former Employee) –  Sunrise, FLApril 29, 2016
Working at Nike for two years opened up more opportunities for me in the work force. I learned how to manage a group of employees, work with the product hands on, and customer service. The management was very well put together. They consistently kept up with the other employees, giving each and everyone enough working hours and were flexible with their schedules. I most enjoyed the team members and getting to the know the brand while the hardest part was working on responsibility of coming in on time and making sure the work was done correctly.
Pros
free lunches, fun store meetings, flexible hours, bonuses, and discounts
Cons
long nights closing, overnights
Nike
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORMarch 29, 2016
Nike is an innovative, creative and posh company. It's fun, fast-paced environment makes a day in the life new and exciting each and every day. Meetings dictated how most days ran. As an Administrative Assistant for a Vice President I was in charge of his calendar, activities and lunches. I did most event planning, budgeting and scheduling. I booked catering, travel and venues for different off-site meetings and team gatherings. I helped create content and materials for meetings, workshops and trips.
It was an excellent place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 24, 2016
I worked in retail as a customer service. I work in the basement where I would ascend the sneakers to different floors. I would transition sneakers that were not making a good profit. Also I would deflate the prices of a lot of product that were not selling fast enough.
I would work on the seventh floor where I would send the different products to different department. We all work as a team and we respect each other. It was very hard to work for some one whenever
they called out from work. The work would have been harder because you would have to work in their section after you have done yours. It was a pleasure working for this company.
Pros
I worked long hours for a little wages.
Cons
I enjoyed the bonus.
Sales Associate/ Visual Merchandiser
Sales Associate/Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIMarch 29, 2016
Assessing the filling for apparel floor daily, checking my daily incoming inventory, planning apparel moves within the department. Planning the monthly visual merchandising initiative campaign and taking conference calls based on the monthly visual initiative. Training part time athletes with the same merchandising skills that will make the apparel department better and better.
Fun and energetic environment.
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Texas City, TXMarch 16, 2016
A typical day at work consisted of lots of organizing clothes shoes and back-stock items depending on what day it was we would have to unload the truck stock floor or whatever the days missions was, we did it with efficiency. We always had a good time at work management was fun good sense of humor. Hardest part which wasn't actually hard was inventory. Most enjoyable part was just being there, got to meet some good people from corporate some famous athletes as well.
Pros
Experience in general and knowledge learned about products
Cons
Dealing with rude guests.
Great experiences if you love the golf industry
Tech Rep (Current Employee) –  Northern CaliforniaFebruary 22, 2016
Arrival time has to be at least a half an hour before actual start time. That will always be different depending on locations and events. Typical days are around getting people to try out products and fit them for equipment. Get to know the other brands you will be side by side against and having fun with the other tech reps and making it a competition at the events for best sales.
Pros
Fun Brand, Great Bosses, Courses and Facilities you get to see
Cons
Distances traveled and you are a contracted employee
Very productive, high energy work place.
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Texas City, TXFebruary 22, 2016
A typical day at work would be helping all costumers and finding exactly what they need. I learned so much about Nike's products. The management is all very laid back and willing to work with you. The co-workers at Nike are all very friendly! The hardest part of the job is closing. The most enjoyable part of the job is the satisfaction of finding exactly what the customer needs.
Pros
Free food constantly, free clothes and shoes.
Cons
Stagnant.
Fast Pace and Great People
Consultant in the role of Product Owner (Current Employee) –  Beaverton, ORFebruary 22, 2016
If you can appreciate change and a very fast pace then you will appreciate working at Nike digital.

Expect to be self-motivated and not require lots of approvals once you've done a great job, as much of the time folks are moving too fast to notice.

Direct Management tends to manage upwards only and you may feel a bit forgotten. My advice is work for yourself, get the experiences and challenges that will keep you engaged and keep you advancing.

There are so many positive aspects, the projects are very cool and many times are high-profile. You'll love the culture, people and in many cases the projects.
Pros
Culture, people, challenging projects
Cons
a feeling of lack of appreciation from direct leadership
A job that keeps you busy and sometimes work requires after work hours
Enterprise Release Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORMarch 6, 2016
Overall a good experience. An ETW (External Temporary Worker) wherein one does not get benefits from Nike is a big blow to the employment. One may feel the division between FTEs (Full Time Employees) and ETWs.
Pros
Great pay, balance between job and personal life
Cons
No benefits, sometimes working on weekends and being on-call during the week
Productive and great place to work
Nike Golf Demo Tech Representative (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 26, 2016
If you're trying to get into the golf business and work on the sales side, I would highly recommend starting off as a Nike Demo Tech Representative. You will have the opportunity to travel your territorial area, meet great golf professionals and promote a brand that is well respected in the sports industry. The hardest part of the job was not wanting to leave the job after the day was over. I had the opportunity to learn about leadership and make decisions on my own with this great opportunity. The most enjoyable part of the job was arriving to the facility and setting up shop. This was time when members of the club started to see the products being setup at the golf range and this was the greatest way to grab the consumers attention.
Pros
Free lunches
Great place
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Saint Charles, MOApril 9, 2016
Great place to work. Many opportunities for people who are ready to start a CAREER not just a job. A place where you can really grow within a company. really treat employees with respect and no problem from management.
Pros
Work/Life Balance is something you really cant beat. PTO. discount. the people
Cons
Decent pay but not as much as you would expect for a 30 billion dollar company
Fun place to work and develop retail experience
Sales Associate/Shipping and Receiving (Current Employee) –  San Ysidro, CAFebruary 18, 2016
Develop better inventory management and customer service skills, continue to develop on working in a team as well as individually. Management is always there to help and answer questions, very good open door policy is implemented. Co-workers are always helpful, fun and willing to work as a team and help each other out.
Pros
Good advancement opportunities.
Cons
No commions sales.
Awesome company
WAREHOUSE SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Gonzales, LAMarch 2, 2016
I loved working for Nike
they really take your opinion on the company and workplace into consideration
coworkers are generally easy to work with
there aren't any hard parts about this job
the enjoyable parts of this job is the benefits you receive for being a good reliable worker
you can be part of certain events like the Superbowl or All Star Weekend
Pros
The benefits of being a good worker
Fast pace work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Tulalip, WAFebruary 9, 2016
A typical day at Nike is always fast paced. You constantly learn about the new products and managers are there to help. Most managers are great, however they have so many employees that most of them don't know the names of people working. They also hire most sales associates instead of giving current employees more hours. The teamwork environment is awesome, everyone is very helpful. Co-workers are great and make the environment exciting and joyful
Pros
work uniform
Product knowledge opportunities and consumer skills development.
Athlete (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 14, 2016
-Everyday goals to have consumers try out any nike products.
-Competitions available to motivate employers to sale and reach daily budget goals.
-Plenty of product knowledge about all nike gear.
-Hardest part has lately been getting hours.
Pros
Staff dress, training and running opportunities.
Cons
Hours each week, and growing with the company.
Non-negotiating Place of Employment
Seasonal Athlete (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 4, 2016
A typical day at work consisted of greeting and interacting with consumers, and meeting their basic shopping needs. I picked up customer service skills and enhanced my social skills. Management was not very understanding, and did not work with employees availabilities. My coworkers were all very friendly and easy to get along with. The hardest part of the job was not receiving the hours that were promised upon hire. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting people from all around the world and getting to know a little bit about them.
Pros
Hour lunch
Cons
No benefits
It was fun meeting new people every day and seeing new stock before others did.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYFebruary 4, 2016
The management team was not helpful in training employees fully. I would have liked more opportunity to be of service but was not given enough hours. After the holidays they only used me for a fill in to cover shifts when others wanted days off. Some of the managers were nice and helpful.
Pros
Great discounts for myself and family, good clothing allowance but it was taken out of our pay
Cons
Poor training and difficult to understand some customers as they were foreigners
I loved working here,the job culture was amazing
Athlete (Sales Associate) (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 21, 2016
I wish I could have stayed with the company longer, due to some unforseen life changes I was unable to do so.
However great place to work, I enjoyed coming to work and there is lots of room for growth within the company
Pros
Learning the product and, room for advancement
Cons
Compensation and hours could've been better, only reason I had to leave

4.2