NIKE

NIKE United States Employee Reviews

Great place to gain experience
FULL TIME RETAIL ASSOCIATE (Current Employee), Cincinnati OhioApril 14, 2015
Pros: hour lunch break. Discounts is awesome.
Easy going job. Very friendly co-workers. Work attire is comfortable and is great opportunity to grow within the company.
very fun work environment
Supervisor and sales team manager (Former Employee), Tempe, AZApril 10, 2015
-manage sales team
-hire new applicants
-responsible for finance and accounting tasks
-manage the inventory inventory
Customer service position for any sport enthusiast 4+ years experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee), San Diego, CAApril 9, 2015
Pros: Hour lunch breaks, great team environment, amazing store discount, flexible with schedule
Cons: Small pay, occasionally short staffed on busy days, small annual raises
Good hours depending on your status (i.e Part time under 20hrs, Part time over 20hrs, Full time etc.)
I've learned knowledge of this successful and well respected company and it's products. Learned how to interact with customers efficiently. In charge of in store announcements. Handled cash frequently.
Worked close with management to see that the store operated well but didn't always feel like our opinions mattered.
Co-workers were the best part of the job. Great team to work with.
Hardest part of the job was sometimes being short staffed or over staffed, which made it hard to maintain certain areas or store.
Best part of the job as mentioned before were the employees.
Awesome place to work
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee), Beaverton, ORApril 8, 2015
I loved my time working at Nike, the job atmosphere was amazing and I loved the overall culture of the job. I loved that my coworkers and I were all a team and everyone got along well.
Productive, effecient, and fantastic work place.
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee), Vacaville, CAApril 8, 2015
I love working for Nike. It's an awesome work environment, the managers and all my co workers are really great people to be around. The energy that is the atmosphere is always great, and it makes you actually look forward to going to work. Although its not a career, it's a great place to start.
Nike Bleeds Orange
Sales Associate (Former Employee), N Charleston, SCApril 8, 2015
Pros: 40% discounts and having access to the newest sports wear on the market.
Cons: Not being off on holidays.
A typical day at Nike's includes:

A fast pace sales environment with daily sales objectives to meet.

Our day involved selling our products to the customers that came into the store. We gave them detailed information to enable them to make a quality decision about what they wanted to purchase so they would not have to return it for any reason.
The Management team was very strick and firm but, very effective.
Our sales soared because of their Leadership.
My co-workers were an Athletic group of people from diverse backgrounds.

I learned how to interact with diverse customers and to meet all of their shopping needs and demands..

The hardest part of my job was "Stocking" store items. It was a very tedious and long task.

Because I am a Athlete, I enjoyed selling all of the various sports products to my customers. It's a great feeling when someone buys a product from you and it fits or suits them or their love one perfectly. It's quite rewarding !!!
hard work
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee), Memphis, TNApril 7, 2015
Hard work. Sometimes you have to work seven days a week. A lot of walking, standing and repetitive work. have to make sure your body is ready for this type of work.
Wonderful Company
Athlete (Women's apparel lead) (Former Employee), Edinburgh, INApril 7, 2015
Pros: Great atmosphere, worked with school schedule, hour long lunches, and great discount.
Cons: Always worked weekends.
I would stock the apparel on the floor and make sure my area was ready for the day. I had learned teamwork is very important to have not just a successful team, but also to make a fun environment for the employees. As the lead, I would manage the women's apparel side by implementing jobs to other workers and making sure the task has been completed. I had maybe a handful of workers I didn't get along with within the three and a half years that I was employed there, and even then we all got along. The hardest part of my job was satisfying the customer. I loved every aspect of my job and could say more wonderful things about this company.
Upbeat work environment with competitive advancement opportunities
Shipping and Receiving Manager (Former Employee), Dawsonville, GaApril 6, 2015
A fun yet often times challenging place to work. Management was very supportive and willing to help with career advancements and product knowledge. Coworkers were generally upbeat and productive as well as very attentive towards customers. The hardest part of the job would be during our busier seasons, knowing the long list of tasks I wanted to complete but only having limited hours to complete them. The most enjoyable part of the job would have to be the friendships made with not only the coworkers but with the consumers as well.
Fun fast paced work environment
Brand Representative (Former Employee), Cypress, TXApril 6, 2015
Pros: long breaks, fun work
Cons: very busy
at times the store can be a circus very high volume of traffic.Managers are fun and care. you will never leave at your scheduled time
productive and fun place to work
Athlete (Store Associate) (Current Employee), Portland, ORApril 6, 2015
Pros: free bus pass, 50% discounts
team huddles , plan out our strategy to increasing business . read up on new products . build the bond between consumer and the brand by providing superior service and adapting brand stories to the retail setting, operate cash register for regular transactions, perform shipping and receiving duties, stock the floor, perform cleaning duties, and build visual displays when necessary.
Great & fun first job!
Athlete (Current Employee), Cabazon, CAApril 3, 2015
Pros: Great people, Great Product, Great Discounts
Cons: Favoritism, Lower than expected pay, Benefits only for Full time
This was my first job out of high school. At first I somewhat slow to start due to all the product knowledge I needed to gain but with proper time management and training I grew to learn the store inside and out. The team was always in good spirit and had high energy! The management was friendly but not really professional, but thats just for this store. The hardest part of the job was managing store organization and customer service.
A Great Place to Work
Workers' Compensation Program Manager (Current Employee), Beaverton, ORApril 3, 2015
I truly enjoy working t Nike , it's a great envoronment - I am looking for a position to work at home in addition to this position.
Excellent opportunity to manage a large team
Regional Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 2, 2015
Pros: Excellent work environment
Cons: extremely high fixed costs made being profitable difficult
no day was typical in this job. It was fast paced and every exciting. Most of all, it taught me how to lead an extremely large team of people toward a common goal.

I did a lot of retail coaching on selling skills as well as train my managers on how to be a positive leader and motivator. My co-workers were incredible and would go through a wall for me. I loved coming to work every day to lead this team.

This was retail management so the typical revolving door around 25% of the staff was difficult. However, it's just the nature of that business when dealing with young people.

Best part of the job was I was running my own business.
Fun and fast paced enviornment
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVApril 2, 2015
I have learned a lot of product knowledge, The managers are great and want their employees to be equipped with knowledge of the company. All of the co-workers are great! Everyone works hard together to achieve a common goal. To be completely honest there is not anything difficult or hard about this job. The best part is knowing that you connected well with a customer making them want to come back because you offered them such premium service.
Very stressful, and the supervisors where very rude at times
Picker/Packer (Former Employee), Memphis, TNApril 2, 2015
I liked working thier because of my co-workers, but the supervisors from Kelly where very rude and never understanding of others problems or situations. It was either there way or no way at all.
Fast Pace environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Elizabeth, NJApril 1, 2015
Always work to be done there was never a dull moment. Customers always in and out of the store making good conversation. Good store location to be engaged in.
Give knowledge about the business
Forklift Driver (Former Employee), Memphis, TNMarch 31, 2015
The job is interesting to work at. Great technology. Also the shifts are well managed to work around. Management understands the workers, and work with whatever in need. The hardest part is not working there.
Fast pace production
pco 2 (Former Employee), Beaverton, ORMarch 31, 2015
Pros: Made good money, learned alot from engineers and learned how to troubleshoot and helped to build a ton of confidence.
At Nike it was a fast pace production of Nike air bags. Demonstrating LEAN Manufacturing. enhanced quality checks with an extra emphasis on integrity of the products and with co workers.

We would start the day with getting a pass down from the previous shift. check all of the inventory and machinery and work orders before starting . after a 12 hour shift of working we would clean up. type up a report for the next shift to know how things went during our shift and also give a oral and visual and verbal pass down.
Very fun place to work and grow
WEB/REST - Architect Consultant (Former Employee), Portland, ORMarch 31, 2015
Pros: Lot of time there are free lunch and they allow bear at workplace.
Cons: Campus spread in different places
One of the great place to work. being a sports company they encourage mixing work and sports. Very matured software professionals and in whatever role or experience you are, sure you will have something learn from them.

1 2 3 4 5

About NIKE

NIKE, Inc. (NIKE) is engaged in the design, development and worldwide marketing of footwear, apparel, equipment, and accessory – Read more

NIKE Salaries