NIKE Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,821 reviews matching the search
Outstanding Company to work for
Product Test Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 25, 2016
Committed to excellence. Passionate about the products. Culture facilitates constant innovation. There is always better, Supports employee development with outstanding coaches and mentors in a challenging environment.
Plantation
Lead (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 25, 2016
I dread going into work everyday for the simple fact that they are very unfair and its a lot of discrimination going on. Managers have their favorites which makes it harder for someone who really tries to achieve getting promoted or even just recognized.
Pros
Cons
Short breaks
Productive , fast pace work
Adecco Temp Service (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 25, 2016
scanning reviewing orders making sure they are correct. Management needs improvement , coworkers are friendly , standing is the worst part of job. most enjoyable part of my 12 hour shift is going home, honestly.
Postive Team Environment Culture
Operations Coach (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CAAugust 24, 2016
Working for Nike is a great representation of the Sport culture. As a Nike employee, one would learn about the constant advancement of the company each and every single day. The company promotes sport for every individual no matter what level of experience a customer may have.
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, TNAugust 24, 2016
Nike was a fun place to work and the atmosphere was amazing but I would say its more of a job for a high-schooler who doesn't need many hours.
Pros
Long lunches, 3 breaks for a 9 hour shift, excellent staff and discount
Great envireonment
Nike Athlete (Former Employee) –  City of Sunrise, FLAugust 23, 2016
Nike was a great first job experience. I learned how to take responsibility and lead. I learned how to be vocal. I enjoyed being a part of the nike team, they taught me the value of hard work. My co workers were awesome, They helped on task that I didn't understand and got me to the point where I trained other employees. The hardest part of the job was just the learning curve as my first job with nike in the big store that it was, i just had to get used to the area.
Pros
Paid break
Cons
Technology was outdated
Productive work environment great employees in the maintenance department.
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Saint Charles, MOAugust 23, 2016
over all good company to work for in the sort experience that i had within Nike. good coworkers in the maintenance department very knowledgeable. 12 hour days were good for my schedule.
Pros
good environment
Cons
always have someone watching your work performance
Nike Is Great
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAAugust 22, 2016
The ability to build relationships with customers while helping them with their sporting needs is great. Learning about new products and training your fellow coworkers making them feel comfortable with the team is awesome.
Energetic and productive environment
Software Engineer/Sr. Performance Engineer (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORAugust 22, 2016
- Writing ui automation and performance scripts for could application
- Releasing reports on time base on the measurements captured at runtime
Great place to work!
Athlete (Sales Associate) (Former Employee) –  Pooler, GAAugust 19, 2016
Nike is a fun company to work for. You're loaded with staff dress, the management knows what they're doing, and the things you learn about the company and its products are inspiring. Never a dull day at work. BLEED ORANGE!
Fun environment. Great products
Part time Athlete (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 19, 2016
Nike has a fun, young, and energetic work environment. This can be a good and bad thing at the same time. Many of the athletes don't take the job seriously which makes it difficult to achieve goals sometimes. The good part is that it's always a good time when interacting with co-workers and customers. When it gets slow the time can drag on if you don't find a way to keep yourself busy. Overall it's a cool company and not a bad place to work.
Pros
Discounts at all the Nike, Converse, and Hurley stores
Cons
Inexperienced leads and managers
Great Company
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLAugust 18, 2016
Love my time with the organization and I enjoyed going to work every day. The leadership is very detailed and has high standards, but if you are a top performer you will be successful!
busy, fun, fast pace enviroment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  City of Sunrise, FLAugust 18, 2016
You would have to report to the opening manager to get a brief report on what section you will be in and the sales goal you are required to make per hour. I learned deciding what sneaker to get is more complex than that, theirs the sole, how wide your feet are, what do you need the shoe for, etc. We had about 10 managers with 10 different fun personalities. No question is a dumb question, everyone is here to learn. We had about 80 assassinates of all races and cultures, I loved it because we all learned about each other. The hardest part was reaching for shoes that were out of my reach due to me being 4'11 and still having assistance with a ladder. The most enjoyable part was group meeting, we played games, spoke about goals, new inventory, loss prevention, and how to give excellent customer service.
Pros
free work clothes, learned about shoes
Cons
short breaks
Grow Up
Senior Project Manager, Infrastructure Operations (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORAugust 17, 2016
Nike is an international, mutibillion dollar company that is still trying to act like a startup. In the end all it does is irritate the professionals that try to work with them, their retail employees and customers.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Highschool like politics
great place
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Locust Grove, GAAugust 16, 2016
As a part-time employee at Nike, I have experienced nothing shy of greatness. The management was great, the hours are flexible and the the environment was very positive.
Slave work
Stocker, Picking (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 16, 2016
They Over work you cause you a temp, and let the perm nike workers basic do less work.. Work you hard boost your head up telling you to do this amount of work we will get you full time within no less then 3 months but it never happen
Pros
Go in the nike store if you make list
Cons
Its no Guaranteed You Will Come Full Time, Just alot lies
Nike was a decent place to be employed
PROCESSOR (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 16, 2016
Although they enforced a lot of rules as far as dress code it was fine once you get pass the fact that it is a climate control warehouse. Another thing would be the long walks to actually get to your desired area of work.
Pros
free lunch sometimes
Cons
long walks and crowded parking lot
Productive and very opening crew of coworks
Nike Athlete (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAAugust 16, 2016
You meet and greet about a hundred customers a day, maybe more on a weekend or holidays especially when promotions are going on. Management is understanding. There is no hardest part of the job it is pretty simple, the most enjoyable part of job is helping customers find what they are looking for and knowing that I helped them smile.
Too much favortism
Customer Service worker (Former Employee) –  Sergeant Bluff, IAAugust 15, 2016
They only seem to care about the numbers they produce then the employees who produce their numbers. They do promote within but only if they like not if you're qualified
Most stressful retail job
Athlete (Former Employee) –  Central Valley, NYAugust 15, 2016
I was recruited to work at Nike by an employee who was visiting my college. I was encouraged to apply for an admin position and was convinced I could work part-time and still attend school. During the interview process, management made it clear that you had to close and you had to make sure that you hit a specific amount of working hours each week with several of these hours being peak business hours. This was difficult for me since I was not driving at the time and was depending on other people to get me to and from work.

I was hired, even though I didn't meet any of their availability requirements. I was working another job at the time, and I intended to quit that job once I secured the admin position. After speaking to a manager about the admin position, I was told to speak to a different manager and nothing ever came to fruition. I resigned after one month.
Pros
Long breaks, comfortable work attire
Cons
demanding work schedule, cannot create your own availability

4.2