NIKE Employee Reviews

Found 1,864 reviews matching the search
Fast Pace and Great People
Consultant in the role of Product Owner (Current Employee) –  Beaverton, ORFebruary 22, 2016
If you can appreciate change and a very fast pace then you will appreciate working at Nike digital.

Expect to be self-motivated and not require lots of approvals once you've done a great job, as much of the time folks are moving too fast to notice.

Direct Management tends to manage upwards only and you may feel a bit forgotten. My advice is work for yourself, get the experiences and challenges that will keep you engaged and keep you advancing.

There are so many positive aspects, the projects are very cool and many times are high-profile. You'll love the culture, people and in many cases the projects.
Pros
Culture, people, challenging projects
Cons
a feeling of lack of appreciation from direct leadership
Non-negotiating Place of Employment
Seasonal Athlete (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 4, 2016
A typical day at work consisted of greeting and interacting with consumers, and meeting their basic shopping needs. I picked up customer service skills and enhanced my social skills. Management was not very understanding, and did not work with employees availabilities. My coworkers were all very friendly and easy to get along with. The hardest part of the job was not receiving the hours that were promised upon hire. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting people from all around the world and getting to know a little bit about them.
Pros
Hour lunch
Cons
No benefits
I loved working here,the job culture was amazing
Athlete (Sales Associate) (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 21, 2016
I wish I could have stayed with the company longer, due to some unforseen life changes I was unable to do so.
However great place to work, I enjoyed coming to work and there is lots of room for growth within the company
Pros
Learning the product and, room for advancement
Cons
Compensation and hours could've been better, only reason I had to leave
Very fast paced
Seasonal Athlete (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 25, 2016
Nike culture is very fast paced and it is very fun. Sometimes the management is not very helpful, especially when there is a high tourist volume. Employees definitely make the workplace alot of fun.
Pros
40% employee discount
Cons
long hours sometimes
Family like environment that never felt like work!
Nike Athlete (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMarch 31, 2016
Nike was easily my favorite job out of all the jobs that I had previously worked at. I got the job through my brother getting me and interview and then just meeting/exceeding everything they asked of me as an employee. Whether it was product knowledge, helping customers or helping out in the back when asked I did just about everything there and I enjoyed it all. The reason I left though was after about 8-9 months with the company we got new management and they also stopped letting part time employees work over 25 hours (which you could do if you picked up people's shifts which I did quite often) and I began to not enjoying coming to work anymore. A lot of the people that I built friendships with had left prior to myself and it just wasn't the same.
Pros
1 hour lunch, 40% off of everything, upbeat environment
Cons
not enough hours after the changes
Fun place to work and develop retail experience
Sales Associate/Shipping and Receiving (Current Employee) –  San Ysidro, CAFebruary 18, 2016
Develop better inventory management and customer service skills, continue to develop on working in a team as well as individually. Management is always there to help and answer questions, very good open door policy is implemented. Co-workers are always helpful, fun and willing to work as a team and help each other out.
Pros
Good advancement opportunities.
Cons
No commions sales.
It was an excellent place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 24, 2016
I worked in retail as a customer service. I work in the basement where I would ascend the sneakers to different floors. I would transition sneakers that were not making a good profit. Also I would deflate the prices of a lot of product that were not selling fast enough.
I would work on the seventh floor where I would send the different products to different department. We all work as a team and we respect each other. It was very hard to work for some one whenever
they called out from work. The work would have been harder because you would have to work in their section after you have done yours. It was a pleasure working for this company.
Pros
I worked long hours for a little wages.
Cons
I enjoyed the bonus.
Happy work place
Sales Associate & Athlete (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 13, 2016
Excellent staff and management, fun to work. great co workers, lots of benefits and perks. hours can be scare depending on position with company. overall its okay, can learn a lot about the running culture.
Productive & Great Place to Start
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLMarch 10, 2016
Great place to start off. Just like any retail job, not much growth. But it is up to you to take what you learned from that field and grow with it. I learned a lot about customer service, retail, and teamwork.
Pros
Hour Lunches, Employees Benefits
Cons
Long hours, inconsistent scheduling, pay
nice fun work environment with great people to work with
Stock (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 4, 2016
a typical day was processing merchandise and organizing stock room
i love the job but there was no room for career growth and salary raise
amazing
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sunset, FLMarch 15, 2016
nike town Miami was amazing working for. the job environment the employees the management was outstanding, the company views and morals and benefits are great as well. loved working for nike
Its all about who you know...
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORDecember 28, 2015
Grace period you are full time, getting a minimum of 32 hours, once your hired, you become part time and only able to get 20-25 hours. But only got 4-16 every 2 weeks. The store goes through managers like crazy. Only worked there a little over a year and had 14 managers. Communication with the managers, and staff are horrible due to the constant changes. They only gave me a 2 CENT RAISE after a year. I only stayed for the nike pass. The only people that ive seen promoted were people who had family members who worked at headquarters. I worked with very hard working sales associates whom many worked in the same position for 7-10 years!!!Unless you want to be a Ekin (nike spelled backwards & a cult where you get a nike tattoo and live, breathe and eat nike) then I wouldn't recommend this job. Dont try to work in a store just to work at headquarters. Unless have a family member working there that can pull strings, it wont work out. Your better off starting as a janitor at headquarters (which is paid more than retail at a store).
Pros
Employee Store pass ( great for sneaker heads & 50% off retail prices)
Cons
Very low pay and close to no working hours. Low chance of being promoted.
Many Amenities available to employees
Event Management (Current Employee) –  Beaverton, ORJanuary 30, 2016
Growing company with opportunity for the most diverse work force imaginable.
Common to work along side employees with 15+ years experience within the company.
Compensation is weighted towards positions directly related to selling and developing the product as well as upper management.
Pros
Gyms, product discount, pride in brand
Cons
Long days
busy, fun, fast pace enviroment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  City of Sunrise, FLAugust 18, 2016
You would have to report to the opening manager to get a brief report on what section you will be in and the sales goal you are required to make per hour. I learned deciding what sneaker to get is more complex than that, theirs the sole, how wide your feet are, what do you need the shoe for, etc. We had about 10 managers with 10 different fun personalities. No question is a dumb question, everyone is here to learn. We had about 80 assassinates of all races and cultures, I loved it because we all learned about each other. The hardest part was reaching for shoes that were out of my reach due to me being 4'11 and still having assistance with a ladder. The most enjoyable part was group meeting, we played games, spoke about goals, new inventory, loss prevention, and how to give excellent customer service.
Pros
free work clothes, learned about shoes
Cons
short breaks
Challenging and unstructured work environment.
Technical Support Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORSeptember 14, 2016
Most of my days where spent in meetings discussing what needed to be done rather than doing it.

I learned to work in environment where no clear roles where defined and to utilize the Concur travel and expense tool to it's fullest ability.

The management was largely hands off and supportive.

My co-workers where friendly and often supportive, but often compartmentalized to the point of obstruction when working with other teams.

The hardest part of the job was making myself useful to two different teams in and environment where the teams where not cross communicating

The most enjoyable part of the job was the challenge of working with a new product and integrating it into existing process and procedures.
Pros
Free campus transportation.
Cons
Having to travel between three buildings in different parts of the city.
Great job culture and advancement opportunities
Craft Tech Specialist/Shop Mgr (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TX 76116September 23, 2016
Very challenging and compelling work.
I had great opportunities to learn new and desirable trades. Very fortunate to work with exceptional individuals.Immediate management was some of the best I've ever worked with, upper management was somewhat lacking vision.
Hardest part of the job was doing exceptional work that you knew in the end would be sacrificed for manufacturing cost. Product line management never held product vendors accountable. Quality that was expected and delivered from our facility never would be mirrored in production. Function and class of product were often clouded with marketing and cosmetic gimmicks for perceived consumer appeal.
The most enjoyable part was the daily opportunity to showcase your skills. Each day was a new challenge and you could end the day feeling accomplished.
Great Work Enviornment
Part-Time Athlete (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYMarch 25, 2016
Amazing staff and management. The leaders are really great and willing to teach you and help you grow. Advancement starts from the bottom up.
Better than average retail clothing stores
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Texas City, TXAugust 26, 2016
All in all, the company truly cares about the employees, based on the fact that all my store management I've worked for have all shown they respect you, including my district and territory managers, who occasionally visit the store and have a "chat it up" with employees with no manager sitting in. Pay is also higher than average retail (here in Texas is around $7.50 and everybody here started at $9.00) and up until the start of FY17, received quarterly bonuses. We still receive yearly raises. Only downfall is though I've worked there for 2 years, I still get passed up for promotions and the only reason I can assume is that despite my constant high ratings with customers in store surveys, I'm probably passed up since I don't suck up.
Pros
Hour long lunch breaks for 5+ hour shifts, higher pay than normal
Cons
Hours get cut almost exactly in half after busy times and/or you complete seasonal period
Fun and energetic environment.
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Texas City, TXMarch 16, 2016
A typical day at work consisted of lots of organizing clothes shoes and back-stock items depending on what day it was we would have to unload the truck stock floor or whatever the days missions was, we did it with efficiency. We always had a good time at work management was fun good sense of humor. Hardest part which wasn't actually hard was inventory. Most enjoyable part was just being there, got to meet some good people from corporate some famous athletes as well.
Pros
Experience in general and knowledge learned about products
Cons
Dealing with rude guests.
Always exciting and Basketball Hoop in the back for employee's
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, TNJuly 12, 2016
On a typical day I would clock in on time and begin my daily tasks which was either running the front of the shop with any professional assistance needed from co-workers or customers. Always keeping the atmosphere positive with my personality and quality of work. The hardest part was keeping all of our products available at the selling points Nike requested and if needed reaching out to other Nike stores to fill the needs of our customers to the fullest of my capabilities. The most enjoyable part was the people I worked with and the positive work attitude that remained prevalent during my experience with Nike.
Pros
Meeting and creating relationships with our guests/customers
Cons
Working holidays seemed to be the only true con

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NIKE. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2