NIKE Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,684 reviews matching the search
My role at Nike
Visual Merchandising & Apparel Lead (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 23, 2016
Responsible for managing a retail staff within a business. Coordinates the shipping of goods, sets up displays, and assists customers and staff during business hours.
Manage retail staff, including cashiers and people working on the floor.
Meet financial objectives by preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
Pros
Great company, Great benefits
Cons
Compensation could be better
I loved this job
Athlete Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZMay 10, 2016
The working environment was spectacular. I was blessed to work with a group great coworkers and management. Nike helped sharpen my communication and sales skills. Nike challenged me to better myself and to push my limit. Nike also taught me how to ask the right questions in order connect with the consumer and their needs. A few consumers made the job tough at times but it was not anything manageable. Overall, the job was a fun job.
Pros
discounts and family oriented
Cons
Part-time under (25 hours/week or less)
Clique's , illegitimate management, but good pay
Seasonal Employee (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 24, 2016
management never knew when people were going on break, constantly stood around and talked while we did all the work , short patience, the pay was 9.50 so very good for retail , and the discounts were on point. did not get hired back after seasonal because of my "shy personality" should've been a lawsuit. the staff that was already working there were childish adults , constantly talking in cliques . rude
Pros
discount, wage
Cons
management
Productive but Not Enjoyable
Nike Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Marysville, WAMay 6, 2016
Sometimes enjoyable but most of the time too busy to enjoy. I learned the basic skills to be an sales associate and learned how to operate register. The management was okay. of the 10 managers only 5 of them knew my name and i worked there for 9 months. Co-workers were mostly friendly and fun to be around. Hardest part of the job was to keep the store under clean conditions when store was busy. Enjoyable part of the job was the discount.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Short breaks
Great learning experince
athlete/leader (Current Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLMay 17, 2016
My review about my job honestly, its a great and amazing experience. I love working with my co workers and getting things done. I learned how to be more patient and more understanding when it comes to others as well. The hardest part of the job was being able to maintain patience but overall helped me a lot, not just in the work place but out of work as well. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to interact with the customers.
Pros
bonuses, awards, paid 15 min break, free clothes and shoes
Cons
no benifits
Productive and Fun workplace
Nike sales associate (Former Employee) –  Sunrise, FLApril 29, 2016
Working at Nike for two years opened up more opportunities for me in the work force. I learned how to manage a group of employees, work with the product hands on, and customer service. The management was very well put together. They consistently kept up with the other employees, giving each and everyone enough working hours and were flexible with their schedules. I most enjoyed the team members and getting to the know the brand while the hardest part was working on responsibility of coming in on time and making sure the work was done correctly.
Pros
free lunches, fun store meetings, flexible hours, bonuses, and discounts
Cons
long nights closing, overnights
Comfortable place to work
Cargo handler (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 10, 2016
Nike was a great place to work. The workers I met there were great and fun to work around. I actually enjoyed going to work everyday. The toughest part of the job was surviving in those trucks on a really hot day, that's pretty much the only down side for me. The management were just right. They were easy to get along with and talk to. While I was there I learned how to load and unload trucks properly, how to palatalize boxes, how to pack merchandise, how to form boxes, and great teamwork skills for future opportunities. That was pretty much a typical day at Nike for me.
Unstructured and major safety concerns
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 10, 2016
I work in a particular store that exists in a dangerous neighborhood. Between the excessive amount of loss and questionable clientele we are faced with daily, the leadership team is never cooperating. They fight in front of us "lower-level employees," they consistently undermine one another, and operate on their individual agendas such that there is never complete organization within the walls of that store.
Pros
Great discount
Cons
Questionable ethics
Great overall enviroment
Nike San Francisco Part Time Athlete (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 10, 2016
Nike is a great environment to work at. My fellow co-workers are very passionate about the brand and about pushing each other to strive for greatness. I have learned a lot about sports I am not familiar about such as soccer and running and it has helped my passion for Nike grow even more. Management is very open to communicate with, however, they do push services and numbers a lot.
Pros
hour lunches, discount, laid back managers
Cons
services
Fun workplace
Athlete (Sales Associate) (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 13, 2016
Working for Nike was a great experience. I enjoyed helping Consumers find what they needed and helping make sure they left the store 100% satisfied. Because I am sort of a "sneaker head" i loved being around all the different varieties of shoes. The team members at Nike are wonderful ! Always full of energy and always available when you need them. Some of the time it was difficult to be able to help some of the out of town/foreign consumers that did not speak any English at all, but was always able to get the job done through non-verbal communication.
Pros
Discounts, Events

Want to know more about NIKE?

Ask a question
Morale Booster
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Locust Grove, GAMay 19, 2016
Nike has been one of the best companies i've ever worked for. The management team were great at keeping work professional but having fun at the same time. I really enjoyed everyone i've worked with from human resources on down. Everyone maintained positive attitudes and displayed great teamwork throughout the store. The hardest part of the job was that it was a retail job, so some holidays were missed at home, but coming to work was similar to being with family at work.
Pros
Competitive pay, positive company, compensation
Cons
Work holidays
Fun job with great discount
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCMay 19, 2016
A typical day at Nike consists of helping customers, keeping store neat and clean, and check customers out. This job has taught me great teamwork skills. The management was great and very motivating. I really enjoyed work with my co-workers. We all worked very well together. The hardest part of the job would probably be working with a product I wasn't passionate about. The most enjoyable part was definitely be working with a great staff and getting a great discount.
Nike
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORMarch 29, 2016
Nike is an innovative, creative and posh company. It's fun, fast-paced environment makes a day in the life new and exciting each and every day. Meetings dictated how most days ran. As an Administrative Assistant for a Vice President I was in charge of his calendar, activities and lunches. I did most event planning, budgeting and scheduling. I booked catering, travel and venues for different off-site meetings and team gatherings. I helped create content and materials for meetings, workshops and trips.
Sales Associate/ Visual Merchandiser
Sales Associate/Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIMarch 29, 2016
Assessing the filling for apparel floor daily, checking my daily incoming inventory, planning apparel moves within the department. Planning the monthly visual merchandising initiative campaign and taking conference calls based on the monthly visual initiative. Training part time athletes with the same merchandising skills that will make the apparel department better and better.
It was an excellent place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 24, 2016
I worked in retail as a customer service. I work in the basement where I would ascend the sneakers to different floors. I would transition sneakers that were not making a good profit. Also I would deflate the prices of a lot of product that were not selling fast enough.
I would work on the seventh floor where I would send the different products to different department. We all work as a team and we respect each other. It was very hard to work for some one whenever
they called out from work. The work would have been harder because you would have to work in their section after you have done yours. It was a pleasure working for this company.
Pros
I worked long hours for a little wages.
Cons
I enjoyed the bonus.
Fun and energetic environment.
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Texas City, TXMarch 16, 2016
A typical day at work consisted of lots of organizing clothes shoes and back-stock items depending on what day it was we would have to unload the truck stock floor or whatever the days missions was, we did it with efficiency. We always had a good time at work management was fun good sense of humor. Hardest part which wasn't actually hard was inventory. Most enjoyable part was just being there, got to meet some good people from corporate some famous athletes as well.
Pros
Experience in general and knowledge learned about products
Cons
Dealing with rude guests.
Productive and great place to work
Nike Golf Demo Tech Representative (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 26, 2016
If you're trying to get into the golf business and work on the sales side, I would highly recommend starting off as a Nike Demo Tech Representative. You will have the opportunity to travel your territorial area, meet great golf professionals and promote a brand that is well respected in the sports industry. The hardest part of the job was not wanting to leave the job after the day was over. I had the opportunity to learn about leadership and make decisions on my own with this great opportunity. The most enjoyable part of the job was arriving to the facility and setting up shop. This was time when members of the club started to see the products being setup at the golf range and this was the greatest way to grab the consumers attention.
Pros
Free lunches
Great place
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Saint Charles, MOApril 9, 2016
Great place to work. Many opportunities for people who are ready to start a CAREER not just a job. A place where you can really grow within a company. really treat employees with respect and no problem from management.
Pros
Work/Life Balance is something you really cant beat. PTO. discount. the people
Cons
Decent pay but not as much as you would expect for a 30 billion dollar company
Active and fast paced work environment
Operations Assistant (Current Employee) –  Grapevine, TXMay 6, 2016
Nike sculpted critical soft skills that I will be using throughout my entire career. I learned how to find a great middle ground between offering excellent customer service / displaying my product knowledge as well as learning the operations side of the store. Throughout my years with Nike, I have spent time in each part of the store, such as the back of house, operations coach, cashier, etc. The most enjoyable part of the job has to be my coworkers. There is nothing better than walking into work and seeing not only who you view as coworkers but friends as well. The hardest part of the job was the high speed, high pressure environment, especially during peak times of business. I thrive under pressure so I greatly enjoyed it as well, but it is a little difficult to manage at times.
Great experiences if you love the golf industry
Tech Rep (Current Employee) –  Northern CaliforniaFebruary 22, 2016
Arrival time has to be at least a half an hour before actual start time. That will always be different depending on locations and events. Typical days are around getting people to try out products and fit them for equipment. Get to know the other brands you will be side by side against and having fun with the other tech reps and making it a competition at the events for best sales.
Pros
Fun Brand, Great Bosses, Courses and Facilities you get to see
Cons
Distances traveled and you are a contracted employee

4.2