NIKE Employee Reviews

Found 1,080 reviews matching the search
Excessive use of temps, but fantastic place to work
Finance Coordinator, Temporary (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, OROctober 17, 2013
I was given a temporary position at Nike that offered me the opportunity to learn new skills. Management wasn't perfect, but was a step up from what I'd experienced in most prior positions in that there was usually at least an effort made to work as a team and listen to all members of the team (not just those in management). Co-workers were passionate about their work, usually respectful of others, and generally made an effort to excel in their individual areas of responsibility. Finger-pointing when things went wrong, and trying to push through shoddy work when deadlines were tight were the worst behaviors I witnessed, and they were limited to a few individuals. One of the more challenging aspects of working at Nike is that their policy of hiring internally, and encouraging employees to stay in a particular role for only a few years at most, means that often times an entire group will be made up of individuals who have only been in their roles for a short time and are "making it up as they go." While this means there is a considerable amount of "re-inventing the wheel" and lost knowledge, it also means faster innovation as there is a constant influx of new people with new ideas. Unfortunately, Nike is engaging in the typical corporate strategy of using temporary labor / contractors to fill positions that are truly permanent and simply rotates individuals out after a year or so in order to avoid legal difficulties. After they could no longer extend my contract, due to the 1 year limitation, they asked me to train my replacement. There was no expectation that the position would  more... become unnecessary anytime in the near future, but there was no available "headcount" to make the position permanent. Several other positions, such as administrative assistants, in the group were handled in the same way. Nike's culture is a bit unique, and they expect permanent employees to buy in to the idea that they are the best, their product is the best, and everyone should be doing things the way they do them. It is jokingly described as "you must drink the Kool-aid." It's possible to pick up on a mild feeling of fanaticism when talking with long-time employees, and lacking that enthusiasm or passion when interviewing will automatically disqualify a candidate for most positions.  less
Pros
adjustable-height desks, healthy food in cafeteria, "work hard, play harder" culture, hire from within
Cons
use of series of temps to fill permanent positions, must "drink the kool-aid" to fit in and advance
A fun, fast paced environment with goodies to boot
Athlete (Current Employee) –  Oceanside, NYFebruary 8, 2013
Nike is a fast paced environment with many opportunities to challenge the Athletes and Coaches alike. Multitasking skills are a must as the team members will constantly be on tasks while also serving the consumer.

There's plenty of opportunity on the sales floor to maintain displays and fixtures according to company standards as well as interact with the consumer. Nike encourages the consumer to serve itself by providing clear, easy to understand product and promotional information, but it is the team's responsibility to reinforce the consumer's choice and make the shopping experience pleasant. Team members will be answering questions about the merchandise and helping the consumer decide what is best for his or her needs.

Team members working in the back of house will find plenty of opportunity to keep the store running smoothly by processing merchandise. Great care is needed to ensure that all merchandise is priced, tagged, and presented properly for a seamless transition to the sales floor. Team members also perform markdowns and daily merchandise refills.

Team members wear a single earpiece headset to maintain open communication and smooth operation.

Individuals looking to work for Nike will find that the management team is very honest, fair, knowledgeable, and energetic. Management plays to your strengths and coaches you through your weaknesses to build you into a strong team member. Management also backs you 100% through your journey to advance within the company.

Overall the team members are very friendly and full of character. There's a wide range of age groups covered
  more... so there's a fit for everybody.

Challenges on the job often boil down to time management. Traffic through the store is spontaneous; one minute it's light; the next minute the store is alive and bustling. It's important to understand that, no matter what, the consumer comes first. This means that tasks will collide with one another, or go unfinished for the work day. Management understands this and does a great job with recovery efforts to get back on schedule.

As mentioned, the Nike team consists of a great group of people. No matter how tough the day is, you can count on at least one person bringing a smile to your face and making the day that much more enjoyable.
Pros
staff dress provided by nike, employee discounts at nike and its affiliates, access to employee website
Cons
i haven't found any that would dissuade a potential athlete from joining the team
Good experience,fast paced, great benefits poor management, high turnover rate,
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Birch Run, MIMarch 18, 2015
A typical work day at Nike was very high paced. Nike is one of the busiest stores in the mall and you always have to have high energy while on the job. This is the type of environment that I like to be in. There was a very diverse group of customers which kept the job interesting. I would always get wrapped into some very interesting conversations. The biggest thing I've learned while working here is how to handle a fast-paced environment. After mastering this, I started to set the pace for the store, and other employees would work with the same intensity. I learned how to be aware of my surroundings while focusing on a specific customer. I have learned many leadership skills as well as customer service skills.

As far as management goes, at Nike there were many good things as well as bad things. All six of the managers were very good at bringing energy to the job. They always looked for different ways to make the job a competition. This led us to the point of crushing all of our goals and getting new equipment added to our store because of it. I absolutely loved the ambition of the managers. However, I did not like the rate of promotion. Very rarely would an employee within the store get promoted to a higher role. When a job needed to be filled, the managers would usually outsource. This was the cause of an extremely high turnover rate. Also, many responsibilities such as scanning employees out immediately after they clock out were lacked. It would be normal to wait ten minutes after being clocked out to be able to leave. My co-workers at Nike were, for the most part, incredible.
  more... The few leaders that worked there taught me so much more than thought I could ever learn in the amount of time that I worked there. The only downfall was that since the turnover rate was so high, it was hard to build strong relationships with most employees. On average, a part-time employee would only work there for three to four months.

The hardest part of the job was getting tasks done on-time. There would be much to do in one day, and if it was not finished that would mean somebody else adding my work to theirs. This would lead to me staying after to finish tasks. This helped me improve on my time management skills. The most enjoyable part of the job was the engagement with customers.
Pros
great benefits, good pay, fast paced
Cons
poor management, high turnover rate
Needs better pay,better work/ life balance,and better management
Returns Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 26, 2015
I don't have all bad things to say about Nike but they do not care about the wearhouse workers that they have in place below management. Not only do they hire mangers who do not know the business but they rely solely on the team leads/ coordinators and recon team to do all the work including their responsibilites. If a subordinate was out for the day the manager would not know how to run that position.They DO NOT promote from within on a regular basis. I was fortunate enough to advance within the third year that I was there but as far as advancing to the management team they would rather hire someone out of town/off the street to manage. Meanwhile the manager's subordinates carry them because they did not come up in the ranks therefor they do not know how the operation works. The PAY SUUUUUUUUCKS they barely start you off with a standard rate of living above the poverty rate ($10.45 per hour). Lets put it this way if you started working there in 1980 you still will only be making about 13-14 bucks an hour by the time you reach your 30 year mark. If you don't have a second income coming in you WILL NOT SURVIVE. The bonuses you get are what you should have been getting in the first first place and you are still only making under 30,000 a year in a just past entry level (v-band) position. Replacement of missing co-workers needed hardly ever happens. If someone quits or leaves in your area they will not be replaced and you are stuck with taking up their responsibilites!! When you get down to two or more people leaving and you keep getting more responsibilites but your pay remains  more... the same you can get very fustrated with the situation. Working for the company below mangement level will definately not work as a long term opportunity. The Humand Resource MANAGER even told me to get some experience outside of Nike and then come back.... REAAAALLLY!! What's the point of me gaining all this experience here if it doesn't count??? They can keep the old, worn out, free shoes twice a year(which is a write off for them) and just give me the money!! On the positive note I love their Stock Purchase Plan and retirment savings matching!! If you know how to work it.... But there is NOOOO pension!!!  less
Pros
chicken wing thursday (lol!!!!), great stock purchasing plan and reasonable 401k match
Cons
no in house advancement into management and pay rate is at poverty level
Meet a variety of great people, but management has had a downfall.
Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 12, 2014
This review is based on working on the 3rd floor (women's/kids).

The 3rd floor is very hectic and very busy (any other floor may be more enjoyable). Depending on the day, it can be smooth, but if it is a busy day, the work can be unbearable. Often times you may be alone in a section and have to take on fitting rooms, helping customers, folding stacks, putting out clothes, etc. The management has changed drastically over time and unfortunately has become weak due to lack of communication between managers. There are many who are scheduled outside of their availability and this is a very common issue. There have been many situations in which employees get fired for unreasonable things. Managers have their obvious favorites even if they state that there is no favoritism. Only certain people get a chance to advance in positions.

It's not all bad. You meet a lot of great coworkers who will help you get through the day. There are a few managers scattered around the store who are actually good at what they do and do have your best interest in mind (just ask the veterans, they'll tell you who). The discount is great. You get staff dress (uniform), it's not technically free, but pretty cheap. You meet many different people from around the world who are shopping around (of course you will get your few rude customers every once in a blue).

General advice:

-Do your job, maintain and help the customer.
-Don't easily trust just anyone (it's like a high school in there).
-Yes, some managers are cool, but some do not have your best interest in mind (coworkers have caught managers openly
  more... complaining to each other about their employees AKA they gossip).
-Keep your personal business just that...personal. (news travels like a plague in that store).
-Build relationships with customers, it'll make their experience great, but more importantly, it'll help you get through the day to meet nice people.
-Have as much fun as you can, while still working!
Pros
discount, meet some great coworkers, fun environment, meet people from all around the world
Cons
management
Fun atmosphere and great if you enjoy sneakers!
Sales / Visual Display / Cashier / Stock (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 3, 2013
Working at Nike was fun and had great benefits as far as discounts. You are able to use your discount online and as well as in store. Typical work day includes dealing with customers and assisting them on find the right shoe or apparel. Easy stuff.

Pros:
*Discount
*First dibs on new product
*Jordan retro releases if lucky
*Fun people that share same interest
*Uniform is basketball shorts and T shirt

Cons:

*Minimum wage!!! If you work in footwear then at least some commission sales to separate yourself and motivate you.

*They do not advance within company (Retail level), I've met people who have been there for 4 years and in the same position they were hired for (maybe a dollar raise over everybody else).

*They only hire on part / seasonal workers in quantities of 20-30 which cuts everybody's hours into 4 hour daily shifts. SUCKS if you drive far to go there ( ME )

*Basically you are replaceable in their eyes, Ive seen at least 200 people come and go in a matter of 1 year.

*The management is on point with breaks and organizations with the employees but build up hope of false promotions for employees to progress during hiring process and team huddles.

*When asked about furthering my career in Nike as far as Footwear Design and Headquarters opportunities, my reply from the "G.M." was " Look on Google". WTF??? Nike G.M. tells me to Google how to make Nike sneakers and further my Career with Nike by looking on Google ???

*Basically don't expect to be promoted or go corporate with Nike in a retail store like I did. Management only cares about daily goals and other managers
  more... not "employees". If you decide to work there then the only thing you will enjoy is the discount but most of your paycheck will go towards that unfortunately. NIKE wins either way :)  less
Pros
discounts
Cons
no advancement and minimum wage
Fast Paced environment, Fun, and exciting
Shipping and Receiving Athlete (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CADecember 11, 2014
A typical day at Nike involved working in the back room processing new inventory that we receive in the morning. A normal shipment day consist of 100 to 250 boxes of either footwear, apparel, or equipment ranging from 700 to 1200 units. The processing method includes a team member to take each unit out of the box followed by pricing and attaching a sensor and if needed hang for apparel. Each team member was held accountable to process 90 units per hour for apparel, 150 for footwear, and 250 for equipment.

Throughout my years working there I have learned a lot about team work, perseverance, and hard work. There would be many days where our team did not finish the shipment we received the day before and piles of boxes would stack up. However, as a team we were able to finish without worrying and stressing.

Management was always helpful when it came to our needs. They always understood the struggles we had to go through in the back and always accommodated to help our team.

The co-workers that I worked with was a young group with ages from 18 to 30. everyone was friendly, there were never any conflicts throughout the store. Everyday was always a fun day and with the people there it kept the days entertaining.

The hardest part of the job was definitely the days where the back had a lot of unfinished shipment on top of shipment we get from FedEx. Those days always gave us some trouble.

The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to see all the different types of product that we receive through shipment. just being able to see the product first and knowing that the back
  more... room team are the ones to bring the product out to the customers really made my days.  less
Very relax enviornment
Sr. Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Beaverton , ORNovember 8, 2013
A typical work day involves handling requests around the calendar for the VP and his Directors. Assisting the VP and his Director’s with their monthly expense reports and any other correspondence they would need help with. Workflow management; from ordering office supplies to Hardware and Software, moving employees, in charge of the sitting chart for 103 employees. When new employees are hired I’m the contact person for their move; making sure they have their phones, computer and their workspace set-up. Keeping our budget on track meeting with the finance person once a month. Continue updating the Org chart and Employee’s number with HR Team. I also had to keep track of our Head Count list which was done through an excel spreadsheet, it showed the Director’s name and their category, each employee’s band level, Temp person, and open Head count.

Event planning from either off-sites twice a year or our Team event parties.

Setting up monthly Team meetings, which involve PowerPoint presentations, if there are guest speakers I had to collect the presentations, and build it into one master slide. Each quarter I had to update the Global calendar with new dates for the Sales and Merchant team.

I was also the main contact for our new way of communicating called the Grid, there we could upload files, confidential documents and events of what is happening for our team.

If there was a slow moment I was able to assist with the Inventory Team to help them upload price adjustment and Delivery date and shipping through SAP our software program.
Pros
get to work out on the job
Cons
can work late hours
A Proud Place to Work
Buying Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORJuly 2, 2012
Nike has a beautiful campus that cuts off from the world and makes the workplace feel peaceful beautiful. It was unlike any job experience that I had ever encountered before. The people there work hard, but play hard too and the company values their employees and rewards them for their hard work. I enjoyed being able to wear Nike attire and footwear everyday instead of the corporate suiting or at times uncomfortable office attire. The work life balance is of this, Family first, work second. (within reason and not to be taken advantage of as with any company). Nike runs their company as all companies should, putting the athletes, consumers, and employees first and it shows in their workers longevity's with the companies and the upbeat attitudes around campus. Every moment for me on campus was a proud one. I instantly made friends and was welcomed and treated as a member of the Nike family from day one even though I was only a contract employee and my time would at some point end. It's no wonder it is the largest sports brand in the world. They "just do it" right.
Pros
free lunches, free snacks in every cubicle area, free swag sometimes, rare opportunities to go to campus only sample sales, passes into the employee store for friends and family once in awhile, discounts in the retail stores once in awhile for friends and family, flexibility, treating you with respect and trust as an adult. parties on campus often, visiting athletes and celebs, events on campus
Cons
often sometimes hard to get hired on, as expected, nike only wants and hires the best.
Fast-paced, always evolving and challenging you.. a great place to grow professionaly!
Global tTechnology Solution Director (Former Employee) –  MultipleApril 29, 2015
Depending on your role, you might start your day at 5:00 am and finish 7:00 pm to collaborate with other teams around the world. But, no worries you will be free to take a break and enjoy the gym, play any sport you want in the wonderful campus if you are lucky to work in Oregon or simply leave at noon on Friday. Working from home is available (depending on the nature of your job)

Great place to explore any new skill you want, from improv techniques to be facilitate your next workshop, to hard skills like retail math or financials. If you like to learn something new this is a place for you.

I found a wide range of management styles but the common denominator across leadership was to have great respect for the individual, develop high performance teams, empower employees to take risks and make mistakes to grow.

Regarding the peers, if you work in some of the country fillials your peers may become your best friends depends also on the culture. Overall everybody has a sense of team and a common goal. I found pretty open minded, smart and ambitious people who appreciate life-work balance and share a passion for sports.

If you like status quo, repetitive tasks, prescriptive roles this is not the place for you.

The most enjoyable part of the job: the challenge to always be alert and embrace change
Pros
Summer hours, life-work balance, mobile working, results oriented, challenging and fun enviroment
Cons

Want to know more about NIKE?

Ask a question
It actually sad how they run there business!
sales associate (Current Employee) –  las vegas,nvDecember 22, 2012
I have worked for Nike for a year and a month. As part-time under. And could you believe that when I started with them I clearly asked them I was interested in job advancement . And it was said that there is a lot of growth with- in the company. Lies ,because they only advance those who they want. I'm a 30 something year old ,single mom who works her butt off. I ask for more hours they say why are u complaining about your hours. I only get 12 or 15 hours a week . Who can survive on a 8.80 per hr with those hours now a days. But then they hired 10 to 15 people at time and give them a lot of hours. Every month they are hiring. It's ridiculous. No advancement,cause they don't want to give benefits. They feel having part -timers is better, giving them 4 hr shifts. Seriously , there's only a handful of full timers in a 150 employee in the store.They fire people for no reason( who have been with the company for a longtime for stupid reasons.) To hire more and pay less money. Everytime I apply to transfer to another location or part time-over or another dept its rejected. That's is not okay. Over worked under paid. And not a good work environment if u looking for advancement. Sadly Nike co.doesn't know about this abuse that management has among there stores. It's not Nike its management who is bad in this store.. Oh did I say that many of the Rockies that came after I did got better paid and got more hours than that ones who been there for a year ,doesn't sound right.
Pros
fun environment
Cons
management

Comment – March 26, 2013

I wish I had read these comments before a took a position with them some years ago. Now I'm looking to bring awareness to others who seek a sincere career. This is not the place. Employees are mistreated, overworked, underpaid, and only friends of the management team advance.

Easy going, fun work enviroment
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Allen, TXJuly 22, 2013
Daily at the Nike Factory Store assisting customers is a number 1 priority. Keeping the store neat, clean and organized as the day passes by is key to store presentation and keeping it appealing to the customers eye. Sometimes the store is at it's highest volume and it's hard to keep up with or you have rude customers, ect, but overall it's an easy going job. I learned all the ins and outs of the retail life and business management along with Nike History and how it applies to the everyday life of a Nike Associate. Managers are awesome which is rare according to things I've heard from other people who work at other places. They do their best to work with you around school, another job, or other things. Their positive and hyped attitudes always give the day a good spin. Coworkers are easy to be friends with and fun to be around at the job and outside of the job, it's like having a second family. They are all easy going and super friendly. Overall we are a team and a family and work together to make the best of every day at work and get the job done. Hardest part of the job would be keeping up with product knowledge because Nike always has something new coming out and we like to help meet the customers needs as best as we can. The most enjoyable part is staff dress, you basically go to work in the most comfortable clothing ever! Along with the work environment, it's one of the best jobs anyone could have!
Pros
hour lunch, 15 minute breaks
Not as expected
Manger (Current Employee) –  MemphisNovember 1, 2012
Many managers arrive a few minutes before their start of shift and leave as soon as they can leaving the next shift in a no win situation to reach objectives. GM never visits my shift! OM does not work OT or help during peak! Overall, there is a lack a support at a high level and alot of unprofessional noise such as "f" bombs, door slamming, and threats of being fired behind closed doors by OM's. Nike Memphis does not support improvements and many enjoy getting in the way of those that drive improvement and it works to sustain staus quo. OM's VERY much out of touch with what manages are doing and how hard they work to keep things flowing smoothly. Poor support services but IT is getting better! Reviews do not capture the true performers. OM's that create a bias work culture because of internal relationships off site and even some married and working in the same building. Many benefits that sound so great on the career web page are in fact NOT real! You pay for your own time off after five years and you DO NOT get paid for all classes as suggested, just ask those working there!
Pros
hot meals (but you pay for it), give-away items x2 per year
Cons
no worklife balance, political toxic culture, ot required on weekends, benefits marginal for such a big company, unprofessional operational managers, dirty and old building, lack of support for improvements, lazy tenure managers

Comment – March 26, 2013

Wow you really hit everything on the head. All of your comments were 100% accurate and on point. This company feeds a toxic culture and rewards toxic behavior. Stay away if you don't want to play!

A fun work place
Seasonal Athlete (Current Employee) –  Birch Run, MINovember 4, 2012
A typical work day basically was me going into work for morning stock then getting asked to stay after to work on the floor and help sell products because someone did not show up. Working there was pretty hectic because not everyone did thier job, it seemed like half the people only worked there for the check and discounts.

I learned how to interact with different people and how i should talk to them. I also learned how to take on different tasks at once and still perform great on my job.

The managers were cool people but they did not act like managers. They also let things affect their personality and it seemed like they took it out on the workers.

I liked my co-workers but like i said before it seemed like some of them were only their for the check and discount. I talked to most of the guys and are actually still frineds with them still to this day but some were not good employees.

The hardest part of the job was when they put me on cash register for Black Friday but i was never trained for that, but I learned as I went and learned how to do everything I needed to perform very great.

The most enjoyable part of the job were being able to interact with people and being able to hang with friends.
Pros
long lunches, discounts, friends, work environment
Cons
long or short days, little training, management
Mundane workplace, where alot of people dream about quiting
Athlete (Current Employee) –  Pottstown, PADecember 5, 2014
- You come in find out what department (cashier, footwear, apparel, back of house) you will be working that day. You stay in that section tending to customer needs and returning merchandise.
- I learn very little working there, the work was very tedious and not very challenging. I did learn a little about the technology behind the products. What shoes are designed for certain foot structures and walking patterns.
- Management was probably my biggest displeasure working here. Though they weren't all bad, a couple of them chattered more than I ever did. Sometimes when it came to getting assistance for a manager function or approval I would have to ask multiple times to get their attention. wasting mine and the customers times. There was also a lack a care for the employees, whenever a employee had to exit the store for any reason, a manager has to be present; sometimes it would take 5-10 minutes for a simple bag.
- The hardest part was probably preventing thief in the store when a lot of associates were nowhere to be found, especially during peak business hours while its the holiday season.
- The people I met is definitely my favorite aspect of the job.
Pros
discount both in-store and on the official website
Cons
not enough pay for the stuff i had to put up with
Fun work place with great atmosphere
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Castle Rock, COOctober 10, 2013
A typical day at work was fun and high energy. Working in the stock room, it was alway go go go and that fast paced environment made it fun and time really flew by. Being in the stock room for most of my employment I learned lots about receiving shipment and sending it out. As well as learning that, I also learned how to manage and how to keep the flow going. Management here was fair, though some managers showed a little favoritism, things were usually balanced. My co-workers is what made the job really fun. Everyone had the same interests and got along so well, most of my friends now are from work mainly, it was an inviting atmosphere. One of the harder parts of the job was when you stayed in a department long enough, you tend to lose skill and general know how in others. Sometimes I would get moved to the floor for a day or a week, it just varied and it was never constant, so I had to stay on top of product knowledge myself out of the work place to make sure I can do the best job possible. The most enjoyable part was that I got to work for Nike, such a well known and respected brand. I was privileged to be able to work and own many items such as apparel, footwear and gear. I loved it!
Pros
co-workers, atmosphere
Cons
no constant work schedule, not much training in all departments
Great benefits, perks, work enviorment.
Par-time +20 Athlete (Current Employee) –  ontario,caAugust 21, 2012
A typical work day would be coming into the store, and picking up a store refill checklist in order re-stock the floor. Than once product is stocked I would resume my job title as a footwear specialist into my department. In my department I would aid consumers with product knowledge implementing the best effort for the personal needs and health concern interest with the product. Management is based off a department manager in every section of the store. (Footwear) broke up between kids, woman, and mien's along with the same division in apparel and two managers for shipping and receiving. Co workers always provide a great environment because of the dress code, and atmosphere being so lax, and interest in Nike's leading technology is east to get captivated in. The hardest part of the job is the pay. It would be like for the job function and hours to receive a better compensation. The most enjoyable part of the job is the discounts of course within all Nike, Inc affiliates. I would recommend the company on a networking basis especially; its a great place to meet new interesting people everyday.
Pros
discount with all nike affliates, benefits, great atmosphere, comfortable dress code.
Cons
compensation, battle for hours, diffculty of promotion.

Comment – September 5, 2012

any tips?

Lively, fun, and exciting workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Leesburg, VAFebruary 10, 2016
A typical day at Nike was always interesting and never a day the same as the day before. You learn a lot about the Nike brand and technology used in making and designing the shoes and apparel. A very interesting workplace with a lot to learn in. The management at times wasn't the best but that's to be expected from time to time. Everyone I worked with were decent people with their own set of goals and reasons for working there. I enjoyed most of the co-workers but as in most places you have those that would rather goof off or just simply not work. That made some days much longer then others as well as a bit stressful for those who did work. The hardest part of any job is connecting with the co-workers so that the effort is a team effort. In retail there are some who enjoy their work and some who don't which leads to a dysfunctional team and most times this is the case in retail. I so enjoyed learning the different shoes, apparel, and equipment. I enjoyed the team of co-workers I had the pleasure of working with and most of the management team. It is overall a good place to work especially if your athletically inclined.
Pros
You learn a lot about shoes and apparel
Cons
The hours can conflict with your day to day living.
I love the atmosphere, I love my coworkers, I love being there.
Athlete Part Time (Current Employee) –  Hanover, MDMarch 7, 2014
A typical work day at Nike is me helping consumers in every way finding the perfect shoe, apparel or equipment to fit their personal needs. Some days i am working in footwear, men's apparel/fitting room, women's/kids apparel, cash register or even just standing in the front greeting consumers. Some days at work are slow dry and empty of consumers and other days its fast busy and crowded. I learn different things every day whether its from Nike facts, opinions, and ideas from my co-workers, management, and or even from the consumers. My coworkers are all unique in their own way some have alot of knowledge about Nike shoes, equipment and or apparel. My management are very helpful friendly and all around cool people to work with. The hardest part of my job i would say is trying to get more hours and the most enjoyable part is working with consumers and putting that smile on their face and having them come back or even remember you from the great service you gave them. Last is i enjoy working with my coworkers and managers.
Pros
besides your 15 minute break you get an hour for your lunch break
Cons
i don't receive benefits since i was hired on as a part-time under 21 hours
Overall productive
VAS (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 10, 2013
I can recall an incident at work where I hyperventilated and my coworkers lended out a helping hand. Without panicking, they sought help from our supervisor, Nicole, and stood by my side until a nurse who worked at the company in case of emergency, came to solve my problem. Management provided quality help and were open and undestanding to each employee. If someone needed some time off for personal reasonings, coworkers would negotiate with one another and work in place of another, and the managers work some things out. Also, in the case that a worker did not have money for food or maybe they have forgotten their lunch box at home, one of the overall managers or a supervisor from one's department would lend out a few bucks for a bite to eat. What I learned most was time management. I also learned the importance of diversity. To me diversity is a mixture of different backgrounds, ethnicities and customs working together. There were not any hard parts to working for this company because I am a fast learner. I enjoyed meeting new people and building my experiences working in different departments at Nike.
Pros
great food was provided and enough time was given during break time.
Cons
n/a

4.2