NIKE Employee Reviews

Found 1,868 reviews matching the search
great
Athlete (Current Employee) –  Lynnfield, MASeptember 27, 2016
Great place to work a t. Will train you until you know your stuff well. Great teamwork very understanding with all of the associates. Great benefits and discount
perfect if you're young and first job
Seasonal Athlete (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 26, 2016
Great for it's benefits, come on now it's Nike. Also if you're young this is the place for you. But the management is all about favoritism, ALOT. Just go to work and do what you gotta do that's it, don't gossip with people and don't get into things you know you're not suppose to. The Nike I worked at is well known for that! The interview was pretty cool and friendly, usually the people you group interview with are the people you're gonna stick along with. If you're at a Nike town, the pay isn't really worth it. I use to tell myself that i didn't care cuz I loved and collect sneakers so much, but after awhile, you're like wow.
Pros
Discount is good and young environment
Cons
Favoritism and low pay
Great Place to work
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 26, 2016
I have been with Nike for over two years. The management is great and the overall business is best to be apart of. I would recommend to anyone to apply to the company.
Pros
management
Cons
nothing
dont like it
Sales Athlete (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 25, 2016
Very fun work environment but limited room for growth and promotions. Seniority mean absolutely nothing in the company. They have a ping pong table though and basketball tournaments. Also, store meetings are better and worth going to.
Footwear Development
Product Development Manager - SMU's (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORSeptember 25, 2016
I enjoyed the years I spend at NIKE, I started in 1980 so I was able to see the growth from BRS to NIKE. It's an amazing company to work for and would go back in a second if the opportunity was available.

NIKE is a place you can really grow your career and you have the opportunity to create the next best thing in the industry without having a lot of boundaries.
Pros
People, overall workplace
Cons
Parking not always the best because of it's size
Nike CDC work enviornment
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORSeptember 24, 2016
A typical day involved generating daily lesson plans for the children, working with a team of four other co teachers in a classroom setting with a predictable schedule. The morning consisted of dropping the children off to the classroom where three tables were setup to enhance cognitive, fine motor, and mathematical thinking skills, the classroom was also available for quieter activities like reading or drawing and a climber for gross motor exploration. Followed by morning snack and recess. After recess the children would come in for whole group circle time where academic curriculum was discussed, songs were song and group readings and discussions occurred. Then small group activities were available for exploration and learning goals. Children were then given the opportunity to explore the campus on a walk, do a art activity or work in small reading and writing group which was designated by learning needs. Then lunch and nap would occur, during nap the teaching met to generate daily power point notes about the day, team meetings, lesson plan development, time schedules and classroom needs were attended to. After wake up quite activities and sensory activities were offered followed by afternoon snack, recess and pick ups.
Working in a team of four taught me to be collaborative and flexible in my teaching. I learned how to generate lessons based on what we saw the children interests were as well as how to create lessons using all of our observations and assessments. I also learned how to generate a daily schedule for the teachers that allowed the flexibility in life and in
  more... work well still keeping the schedule consistent and predictable for the children. We also learned how to work off of each others strengths as individuals. I discovered that I am high energy and run large group and outdoor activities the best while another co worker was great at organizing the room and making it aesthetically pleasing, while another was great at written communication and organization, so we learned to create our schedules and lessons around that.
The children and their enthusiasm to learn was always my favorite part of my job as well as seeing them master a skill they had been struggling with. I also loved the relationships that I built with children and their families over a three year span (practiced continuity of care where we followed the children from birth to age three) growing and teaching these children on a daily basis over a three years span really allowed for a solid relationship to develop and allowed for trust and understanding to be enhanced. The con to working for a corporate center was having several managers over seeing your work which resulted in conflicting learning and center goals. I also didn't feel like I was challenged or given the opportunity to advance in my teaching career.
Pros
great benefits, nice enviorment/campus, ammenities for employees
Cons
micro managment, no room for advancement
Great Company
Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 24, 2016
When I started the management team was great. My co workers were all team players, we use to perform each department duties that are loyal we were to one another. The experience of the company is truly base on the management team.
Pros
Great Discount
Cons
Progress
Great job culture and advancement opportunities
Craft Tech Specialist/Shop Mgr (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TX 76116September 23, 2016
Very challenging and compelling work.
I had great opportunities to learn new and desirable trades. Very fortunate to work with exceptional individuals.Immediate management was some of the best I've ever worked with, upper management was somewhat lacking vision.
Hardest part of the job was doing exceptional work that you knew in the end would be sacrificed for manufacturing cost. Product line management never held product vendors accountable. Quality that was expected and delivered from our facility never would be mirrored in production. Function and class of product were often clouded with marketing and cosmetic gimmicks for perceived consumer appeal.
The most enjoyable part was the daily opportunity to showcase your skills. Each day was a new challenge and you could end the day feeling accomplished.
Really believes in work balance
Selenium Tester (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 23, 2016
discounted product, lots of PTO once you've put in a few years, ESPP and profit shares are great. Big company with lots of office politics and excessive meetings.
good
part-time under (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 22, 2016
It is a great place to network and meet new people. There are so many different things to get involved in working for nike or even being a nike consumer.

Want to know more about NIKE?

Ask a question
Lead (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 21, 2016
Very Motivated Individual.Hard worker indeed dedicated to job tasks and responsibilities. Very high spirited and goal oriented. Self starter and enjoy working with peopke.Very organized young lady and dedicated to making a great work environment for my self as well as my piers.
Pros
Motivator
Cons
To high spirited.
High energy and faced paced work enviornment.
Athlete (Former Employee) –  Kansas Speedway, KSSeptember 21, 2016
The day to day grind at Nike was always exciting. Mornings started with chants and team building exercises to warm up for a strong sales day. Closing was tedious but the maintaining a clean and presentable store is only the start to successful sales.
Pros
long lunch breaks, quarterly uniforms, great team members
Cons
Shift flexibility
Very Productive Workplace/ Fast Pasted
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 21, 2016
Keep a positive attitude, stay productive and be on time . You Will enjoy working there , managers are great and supervisor are so intelligent.
Pros
2 cafes
Very fun workplace with great people
Nike Athlete (Former Employee) –  Allen, TXSeptember 20, 2016
Work at nike is easy and the people you work with are great. the allen store gets really rude customers on a daily basis. The management for nike would be the biggest con in my opinion. The hourly staff members hold the store together compared to management.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Poor Management
Great job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 20, 2016
Great environment to work in it's a fun place everyone gets along management is nice and knows how to talk to you. They respect you and you're character as a person to just be yourself.
Awesome Workplace with Awesome People
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Commerce, GASeptember 19, 2016
Everyday is a new day with new responsibilities at Nike. The managers always want us to build ourselves up as athletes (workers) so that we may become better workers but also people outside work.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
no paid time off until full-time
The Have Break Room & Free Lunch
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 19, 2016
Nike warehouse was a great place to work. You have a headset on and you communicate with everyone. You stack box boxes and send them off. We had plenty of breaks .
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Long Breaks&HealthCare
Management is BIASED
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sevierville, TNSeptember 18, 2016
Managers pick a favorite and disregard my complaints toward not getting hours, also you have to have a strong patience to work here as you will be waiting up to 20 minutes on your lunch for a checkout
Pros
free stuff
Productive workplace, outstanding people
Temp (Current Employee) –  Frayser, TNSeptember 17, 2016
The pay isn't as up to par as it should be and they basically prolong about advancement . You stay longer than you should, when you are supposed to be rolled over and be permanent.
Pros
Free lunches for meetings goals.
Cons
No advancement
N/a
Fork Lift Driver (Current Employee) –  Burlington, NJSeptember 15, 2016
Good place to work for love the people i work with.. and love the discourt they have there.. love going to work everday.. and do not work on weekends
Pros
Free lunchs
Cons
hour breaks

4.2