NIKE

NIKE Employer Reviews

It has a good environment with nice workers
Picker/Packer/Shipper (Former Employee), Memphis, TNFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: only had vending machines. but when they felt like it they gave us free lunch.
Cons: we had a 15 minute break and a 45 minute lunch
Go to work clock in have our morning meeting. do stretch and flex . grab our guns and a cart and go pick items until our cart was finished. i learned that i could not chain pick. which is to not scan one item more than once. my co-workers i really did not talk to many people but my leads and about three other people. the hardest part of the job was to not chain pick if i had over hundred some pieces. the most enjoyable part was to get the job done with my three friends next to me, to make the time go by.
Needs better pay,better work/ life balance,and better management
Returns Coordinator (Former Employee), Memphis, TNFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: chicken wing thursday (lol!!!!), great stock purchasing plan and reasonable 401k match
Cons: no in house advancement into management and pay rate is at poverty level
I don't have all bad things to say about Nike but they do not care about the wearhouse workers that they have in place below management. Not only do they hire mangers who do not know the business but they rely solely on the team leads/ coordinators and recon team to do all the work including their responsibilites. If a subordinate was out for the day the manager would not know how to run that position.They DO NOT promote from within on a regular basis. I was fortunate enough to advance within the third year that I was there but as far as advancing to the management team they would rather hire someone out of town/off the street to manage. Meanwhile the manager's subordinates carry them because they did not come up in the ranks therefor they do not know how the operation works. The PAY SUUUUUUUUCKS they barely start you off with a standard rate of living above the poverty rate ($10.45 per hour). Lets put it this way if you started working there in 1980 you still will only be making about 13-14 bucks an hour by the time you reach your 30 year mark. If you don't have a second income coming in you WILL NOT SURVIVE. The bonuses you get are what you should have been getting in the first first place and you are still only making under 30,000 a year in a just past entry level (v-band) position. Replacement of missing co-workers needed hardly ever happens. If someone quits or leaves in your area they will not be replaced and you are stuck with taking up their responsibilites!! When you get down to two or more people leaving and you keep getting more responsibilites but your pay remains – more... the same you can get very fustrated with the situation. Working for the company below mangement level will definately not work as a long term opportunity. The Humand Resource MANAGER even told me to get some experience outside of Nike and then come back.... REAAAALLLY!! What's the point of me gaining all this experience here if it doesn't count??? They can keep the old, worn out, free shoes twice a year(which is a write off for them) and just give me the money!! On the positive note I love their Stock Purchase Plan and retirment savings matching!! If you know how to work it.... But there is NOOOO pension!!! – less
Fun Sports Like Enviroment
CASHIER (Former Employee), OrlandoFebruary 22, 2015
Helping European Tourist, very fun interesting environment, team like atmosphere. Tourist Mall in Orlando, FL. Working with team members was always fun and interesting. In charge of transactions with customers. Sometimes language barriers made the job more interesting and educational culturally.
fun, positive team envorment.
Athlete (Former Employee), Meridian, IDFebruary 19, 2015
Nike was a fun positive environment, perfect for the go getter athletes. I love the customer service part of it. It is very natural to communicate with co- workers and customers. I would definitely like to work for them in the future if not a related field.
Productive and Fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Alpine, CAFebruary 19, 2015
I enjoyed the clients and the associates that I worked with. I learned how to do returns and exchanges and got to meet people of all different ethiticities.
Fun Workplace
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee), Carlsbad, CAFebruary 18, 2015
Great environment. The department managers are the greatest I have ever had, they don't speak down to you as and treat everyone fairly. The discount is unbelievable as well!
Relaxed but focused workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Albertville, MNFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: 1 hour lunch break, free staff dress
Cons: management issues
Nike's retail stores are very focused and driven to provide excellent customer service to anybody and everybody that walks through their front door.
fun
Sales associate (Former Employee), Howell, MIFebruary 17, 2015
A typical day at Nike would consist of organizing and stocking clothing and shoes. the employees are managers were really nice
High school job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Round Rock, TXFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: good high school job
Cons: late nights when closing i.e. still being there over an hour after store closed
Typical day of work involved a lot of alone time working in the back. This job was the job that taught me you won't always love where you work, or who you work with, but you still have to go until you find something else. I did not like the management because they were so inconsistent on expectations. My co-workers were usually friendly however some of them did not posses common knowledge and often times would create more work later by taking a shortcut and not doing things properly. The hardest part of the job was having minimal interaction with people as part of being a back of house worker. No cell phones allowed and only the music they play on repeat everyday gets old pretty fast. The most enjoyable part of the job was that I enjoyed quite a bit of free time with the scheduling.
Funwork place
Development Assurance (Former Employee), Beaverton, ORFebruary 14, 2015
Have been working here for a short duration,but it has been a great learning. People are friendly and approachable. Enjoyed every bit of it.
Nike was a well organized environment and a fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Castle Rock, COFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: well organized
Cons: less flexible than other jobs
Working at Nike was a great experience for me because it taught me to be accountable for my work. It stressed cooperation and teamwork everyday and at first it was hard to adjust because I wasn't used to being an active contributor in the well oiled machine that were my coworkers. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with product knowledge because of the constant flow of new products and innovations. The most enjoyable part of the job was being apart of a team and making friendships with my co-workers.
A great company, that has corrected it's leadership module, since I've worked for them.
Market LP Investigator (Former Employee), Commerce, Ga.February 12, 2015
Pros: good salary, benefits and opportunities to advance!
Cons: not a sound managerial structure (at the time).
I managed 5 stores in my market. At the time I worked there, Nike was in somewhat of an infancy stages of developing a sound structured model for their loss prevention department. Things were changing overnight while they tested which avenue that they wanted to venture. My job description varied from taking on the duties of a "security officer", to assuming more of a store operational manager's role.
Project Manager (Current Employee), Portland, ORFebruary 12, 2015
The people and culture at Nike is fantastic. I have wonderful coworkers who I look forward to seeing every day. We have a tight knit group that feels more like a family then spending the day with a bunch of strangers.
Retail
World Basketball Festival (Former Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: ideal job, pay, benefits
Best Work environment to be in ever as a shoe lover and apparel, just perfect in every area no questions asked. Learned the fundamentals of retail. Co-workers were amazing. Hardest part of the job was being a volunteer, I want a real employment opportunity with Nike ir FootLocker.
A company with great culture.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Auburn Hills, MIFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: staff dress, discounts, being part of a team/family
Cons: standing long hours.
Fun fast paced environment with a chance to be part of a team. Sharing products and stories from the brand to loyal and new customers daily.
Awesome job with an awesome discount
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Waterloo, NYFebruary 10, 2015
Nike Inc. is truly an awesome company to work for. You get free apparel every six months with the changing promotion of products. Employees have their own separate website to shop for merchandise with their discounts built into the website. Extremely laid back job.
Fun and Friendly workplace
Part-time over Sales Associate (Former Employee), Camarillo, CAFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: the discount includes converse and hurley
Cons: very busy
I worked at Nike for a little over 2 years. Working there taught me a lot about my own life. The management was more than just boss they come friends. The entire staff bonds very quickly even though it is very large. The hardest part of the job is the fast pace environment and the tourist.
Great place to work.
Coach (Current Employee), Memphis, TNFebruary 9, 2015
Nike Healthy work environment great employees as well as great benefits. Fast pace the company is very passionate about its People and Product.
Fun place.
Sales associate (Former Employee), Gaffney ScFebruary 7, 2015
Pros: free shoes and clothes
Cons: management biased
Great customer service experience and atmosphere. Ability to move up is limited to certain few. Employees are energetic and fun to be around.
Excellent client to learn technical aspects
Sr. Reports Developer (Current Employee), Beaverton, ORFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: excellent work culture
Cons: not even one
• Over 7 years of experience in Cognos Development and a wide range of progressive experience in providing product specifications, design, analysis, development, documentation, coding and implementation of the business technology solutions.
• Strong Business Intelligence experience using Cognos Series 10.x, Series 8.x, and Series 7 - Impromptu 7.1/6.6/6.x, PowerPlay, Transformer.
• Expert in Framework Manager, Cognos Connection, Report Studio, Query Studio, Analysis Studio, Business Insight, Workspace Advance, Active Reports.

1 2 3 4 5

About NIKE

NIKE, Inc. (NIKE) is engaged in the design, development and worldwide marketing of footwear, apparel, equipment, and accessory – Read more