NIKE Employee Reviews

Found 2,089 reviews matching the search
Fun team culture but very little growth (Retail)
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaNovember 22, 2016
In the retail aspect of Nike, higher management (district managers) don't see who puts in the most work. Even if you make a strong impact on your store, it won't matter if you don't constantly suck up to the district manager. Everyone in your store can show appreciate and value, but that doesn't help your advancement unless your head coach (store manager) backs you up.

The culture is great though. You're around everyone who shares the same passion for the brand and sports. It makes it easy to work when you're around what you love.
Pros
great team culture, similar passions/interests, 40% discount, 401k plan, stock options
Cons
very little advancement, low pay, yearly raises are ~$2/hour, results don't equal promotions
Nike in a nutshell
Operations/Human Resources Manager (Current Employee) –  Anthem, AZDecember 3, 2016
Nike's culture of inclusion and excellence is on par with all the great companies of the world. They have a passion for their consumers and employees and will strive to make decisions that benefit both. The largest drawback on the retail operations and leadership side is the lack of work life balance. Hours are constantly changing, they do not allow set schedules and you have to request to have a weekend off months in advance.

Overall the company is what you would expect from a multi billion dollar global giant. They drive business through innovation and work hard to expand the reach of the brand at every level.
Pros
Benefits and product
Cons
Work life balance
Dynamic, fast paced. But it's up to you
Global Merchandising Operations (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, OROctober 12, 2016
Nike has great campus environments, but is densifying all of its work areas due to overcrowding. Additionally, you can either get lucky with a great manager, a real coach, or you can get someone awful - I had both the best and worst bosses of my career there.
But Nike also has great benefits, and if you can keep a hold of your work/life balance (this is up to YOU, as overwork and overdedication are encouraged) you'll love it.
Be aware, advancement and career advancement are also up to you.
Pros
"summer hours" (half-day fridays)
Cons
24/7 mentality, inconsistent management
Better than average retail clothing stores
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Texas City, TXAugust 26, 2016
All in all, the company truly cares about the employees, based on the fact that all my store management I've worked for have all shown they respect you, including my district and territory managers, who occasionally visit the store and have a "chat it up" with employees with no manager sitting in. Pay is also higher than average retail (here in Texas is around $7.50 and everybody here started at $9.00) and up until the start of FY17, received quarterly bonuses. We still receive yearly raises. Only downfall is though I've worked there for 2 years, I still get passed up for promotions and the only reason I can assume is that despite my constant high ratings with customers in store surveys, I'm probably passed up since I don't suck up.
Pros
Hour long lunch breaks for 5+ hour shifts, higher pay than normal
Cons
Hours get cut almost exactly in half after busy times and/or you complete seasonal period
Overall Cool Workplace
Visual Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 15, 2016
Nike is a great workplace very fun and productive.....

At typical day at work is very energetic and productive and not to mention fun the days go by quickly.

Management is always there to guide and teach you about obstacles they are very recognizable of your hard work and also express that throughout the company.

What I've learned at Nike is that your workplace doesn't have to be bland and boring, I also learned that the company definitely deserves it's high ratings.

Co workers at Nike keeps the job pumped and filled with high energy.

The most enjoyable part about the job is that I am a visual which I love to do the hardest part is I don't always get to be as innovative as I would like being a visual.
Pros
Great benefits, you'll never be bored, you earn what you work for.
Cons
Innovation stays within a certain category.
Supportive and enjoyable workplace
Seasonal Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Pleasant Prairie, WIJanuary 12, 2017
I learned how to be organized and keeping the store nice and tidy. I oversaw the format of the store and helped organize the traffic flow. I also would show off the manikins with our new products and would promote those to customers. My co-workers were very nice and kept the job enjoyable. The management at NIKE was very supportive and interested in my personal development. The most enjoyable part of the job was how I got along with everyone and I was able to be myself there. The hardest part of the job would be the hours given to the staff, we were understaffed so our hours given to us was hard to work around.
Pros
Hour lunch
Cons
Short breaks and lack of promotions
Great Company, Awesome Culture
Technical Sourcer (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 8, 2016
One of the best companies for which I have had the opportunity to work. I was fortunate to work on a very closely knit team all working hard for the same accomplishments and goals. Great work life balance; everyone works hard and works very collaboratively and well together. The management is great with communication and I also enjoyed the fact the TA management team is involved but lets people do their work and are not micro-managers. One area which could be improved upon is sharing candidates and giving them exposure to as many opportunities within the company. Some of the processes are not very efficient.
Pros
Culture, work life balance, benefits, management
Cons
Challenging location to get candidates to move to, salaries are not very competitive
Great Place to Work
Athlete - Retail Associate/Stockroom Associate (Former Employee) –  Michigan City, INJanuary 9, 2017
This was a great atmosphere and I thoroughly enjoyed working here. On some occasions I would butt heads with the management but a solution was always reached. The pay was competitive and the employee benefits were a great added perk.
Pros
Competitive pay, great employee benefits
Cons
Poor direction at times, very understaffed
A fun, learning experience without the stress of most workplaces.
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Pooler, GANovember 18, 2016
This was a fun, relaxed job where I was pushed to learn more about different products and my co-workers in a helthy, stress free environment. I had the oppurtunity to learn how to store large quantities of merchandise, up-sale products to customers on a regular basis, and had a chance to open the store from the ground up. The management staff was extraordinarily kind and caring about their employees but was also strict enough to keep their employees dedicated and motivated.
Pros
Multiple breaks throughout the day, tv and game system in break room
Cons
No benefits, seasonal hours
Great Company
Marketing and Consumer Services for Running (Current Employee) –  Beaverton, ORDecember 26, 2016
Nike really likes to create a fun and relaxed environment, if you work hard and take your own career into your own hands, you can succeed at nike. Be competitive and work hard and also you must be a very social person.
Pros
Discounted lunches, Product Demos
Cons
Very tough to move up within the company.
Nike Summary
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 16, 2016
You have to be willing to stand for long hours and meet production quotas. Management varies from department to department. Some of their management stresses productions due to their job title; while other department managers stress quality.
Pros
Short commute, in store benefits, Nike Cafeteria
Cons
standing for your entire shift.
perfect if you're young and first job
Seasonal Athlete (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 26, 2016
Great for it's benefits, come on now it's Nike. Also if you're young this is the place for you. But the management is all about favoritism, ALOT. Just go to work and do what you gotta do that's it, don't gossip with people and don't get into things you know you're not suppose to. The Nike I worked at is well known for that! The interview was pretty cool and friendly, usually the people you group interview with are the people you're gonna stick along with. If you're at a Nike town, the pay isn't really worth it. I use to tell myself that i didn't care cuz I loved and collect sneakers so much, but after awhile, you're like wow.
Pros
Discount is good and young environment
Cons
Favoritism and low pay
Fun place to work with an incredible staff.
Athlete (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 7, 2016
Nike is a great place to work at any age, very diverse all around. I loved coming in everyday because of how awesome the atmosphere is! During my time at Nike, I learned a ton about shoes and the benefits that come along with them. The management is great. They are super flexible and understanding. My co-workers were great as well, but to me, they just weren't co-workers but teammates. The staff as a whole was so amazing, I couldn't ask for anything better.
Pros
hour long lunches!
Cons
can't think of any..
Great place to work with great benefits
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 19, 2016
Most days are relaxed but productive. I've learned everything from repair belts, gearboxs to working with PLC's. Management is great and very respectful. Great team work with co-workers and peers. The hardest part of the job is getting blamed by operations that everything is maintenance fault but always keep a positive attitude. The most enjoyable part is gettin paid for something you enjoy doing.
Pros
Give Away, Benefits, Stock
Cons
Coworkers and some staff is what made my stay at Nike really enjoyable.
Athlete Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Gonzales, LAJanuary 5, 2017
I started out as a seasonal worker. Over the four years I've worked there I've moved up to a full time position. Advancement within the company is very limited. The company would rather hire outside rather than using the employed there already have. At the location where I worked, it was a lot of confusion within management.
Pros
Discounts, trips, overall experience is really good.
Cons
some unprofessional, study the company yourself, ASK questions!!!!
Productive, kind staff, supportive staff, good company to work for
Nike Athlete (Former Employee) –  North Conway, NHJanuary 20, 2017
Nike is very focused on work-life balance. The company provides good benefits to their employees and cares about their well-being. They offer competitive wages, and good benefits.
Very fast Paced Environment
Nike Athlete (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJDecember 10, 2016
A typical day at work is helping large amounts of customers find products that they need, while providing valuable information of the product the customer.
I have learned about the history of the company
Management was very strict at sometimes
My coworkers were very nice to work with
The hardest part of the job was standing for long amounts of hours
the most enjoyable part of the job was my benefits.
Pros
Exclusive website to discounted gear
Cons
would get messy on holiday days
room for advancement
Inbound Planning Specialist (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 14, 2017
great place to work. management is usually nice. the culture is suitable for former athletes as well as amateur athletes. there is lots of room for advancement
Pros
great cafe on site
Company overview
Athlete (Sales Associate) (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 15, 2017
I came into Nike out of highschool and matured there as time went. My coworkers were very outgoing, and management were very helpful and caring. The benefits at Nike were great, from the giveaways, 401k match, and health insurance. I have meet many Nike professional athletes and artists during my duration at Nike. Some days were easy going and some required much work.
Pros
Benefits and peers
Cons
On your feet much
Operator II (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 10, 2016
Hard work but rewarding. Great people. You can build your career. Compensation met your performance. You feel valued as an employee. Management seems to care about the people who worked for them.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NIKE. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2