NIKE

1.3K reviews

NIKE Employee Reviews

Found 1,080 reviews matching the search
Lively, fun, and exciting workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Leesburg, VAFebruary 10, 2016
A typical day at Nike was always interesting and never a day the same as the day before. You learn a lot about the Nike brand and technology used in making and designing the shoes and apparel. A very interesting workplace with a lot to learn in. The management at times wasn't the best but that's to be expected from time to time. Everyone I worked with were decent people with their own set of goals and reasons for working there. I enjoyed most of the co-workers but as in most places you have those that would rather goof off or just simply not work. That made some days much longer then others as well as a bit stressful for those who did work. The hardest part of any job is connecting with the co-workers so that the effort is a team effort. In retail there are some who enjoy their work and some who don't which leads to a dysfunctional team and most times this is the case in retail. I so enjoyed learning the different shoes, apparel, and equipment. I enjoyed the team of co-workers I had the pleasure of working with and most of the management team. It is overall a good place to work especially if your athletically inclined.
Pros
You learn a lot about shoes and apparel
Cons
The hours can conflict with your day to day living.
Fast pace work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Tulalip, WAFebruary 9, 2016
A typical day at Nike is always fast paced. You constantly learn about the new products and managers are there to help. Most managers are great, however they have so many employees that most of them don't know the names of people working. They also hire most sales associates instead of giving current employees more hours. The teamwork environment is awesome, everyone is very helpful. Co-workers are great and make the environment exciting and joyful
Pros
work uniform
Daily work
Athlete (Current Employee) –  Norwood, OHFebruary 8, 2016
Typical work day includes helping consumers and finding product and taking phone calls and Online orders. Cleaning Bathrooms taking out trash.
Pros
Clothing and shoes.
Cons
Late nights and weekend works.
Working at Nike in St.Louis, MO
Plastic Component Operator (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 8, 2016
Monday through Thursday I worked 5 p.m. to 5 a.m. a 12 hour shift I learned a vast number of things from nike, I've worked my way around the department because I didn't want to just do one thing for 12 hours. I wanted gain knowledge to help out different parts of the departments if I was needed.
Pros
3 day weekends
Cons
short breaks and 12 hour shifts
Productive and fun place to work
Athlete (Sales Associate) (Former Employee) –  Cabazon, CAFebruary 8, 2016
looked forward to going to work. loved the discounts , just like every employee. The hardest part of the job was just trying to guess what the foreign customers needed help getting a certain type of shoe, but couldn't talk to you because they had another language.
Pros
Discounts on shoes clothes etc.
Cons
a bit too strict, rude at times
It was fun meeting new people every day and seeing new stock before others did.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYFebruary 4, 2016
The management team was not helpful in training employees fully. I would have liked more opportunity to be of service but was not given enough hours. After the holidays they only used me for a fill in to cover shifts when others wanted days off. Some of the managers were nice and helpful.
Pros
Great discounts for myself and family, good clothing allowance but it was taken out of our pay
Cons
Poor training and difficult to understand some customers as they were foreigners
Awesome atmosphere
Athlete (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 4, 2016
Good place to work and is great for a first job and isllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
fun work environment with laid back co-workers
Nike Athlete (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IAFebruary 3, 2016
Laid back environment to work in. Managers are young and easy to get along with. The job is pretty easy, just takes common sense. The most people complain about is not getting enough hours.
Pros
discount on apparel
Cons
employee cliques
nike
S&R (Former Employee) –  Cypress, TXFebruary 2, 2016
I learned a vast number of things from nike, it was hard work in shipping and receiving in back of house but I enjoyed my experience there.
Pros
benefits and discount
Cons
odd hours
If you have a body you are an athlete.
Head Coach (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALFebruary 2, 2016
Great people, great perks and decent pay, okay benefits. Plenty of opportunity for career advancement. Opportunity to engage with the community on a meaningful level with various company initiatives.
Excellent company to work for.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Dry Ridge, KYJanuary 30, 2016
Excellent company with top-notch customer service and education. Nike demonstrates integrity and innovation with high-quality products for athletes and for the average customer. Many promotional opportunities.
Many Amenities available to employees
Event Management (Current Employee) –  Beaverton, ORJanuary 30, 2016
Growing company with opportunity for the most diverse work force imaginable.
Common to work along side employees with 15+ years experience within the company.
Compensation is weighted towards positions directly related to selling and developing the product as well as upper management.
Pros
Gyms, product discount, pride in brand
Cons
Long days
Fun place but management sucks
Back of House Associate (Current Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAJanuary 28, 2016
Clock in, refill the floor, scan out, process shipment, clock out. Got to meet cool people, the discount is the best, HR department is great.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Managers suck, hours layout sucks
Awesome Place to work
Operation Manager-Nike Retail (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 26, 2016
Awesome Place to work, fun environment, and a lot of relocation
opportunities. Not a lot of local opportunity. Committed to diversity
as well as culturally accepting. Day includes customer care, cash care, housekeeping, accounting, payroll accountability, and hiring.
Pros
Great discounts, benifits, and opportunity
Cons
Not a lot of local opportunity
Helping Customers
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PAJanuary 26, 2016
A normal day at Nike is helping customers finding what they want, running the register, getting shipment of new shoes and apparel everyday, and getting the new stuff out on to the floor
Pros
Two 15 min breaks plus 1 hour lunch
productive and fun work place
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 25, 2016
long hard work all the way untill its time to get off

how to not over work myself

mangement was all that good

co-workers was all cool

standind all day long

unloading trucks
Pros
no free lunches
Cons
15 & 30min breaks
great work place
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Pearl, MSJanuary 25, 2016
this is probable the best job i have ever had i love my managers and my coworkers its like family once you enter into the nike world
Pros
Great Discount
Cons
Hours are often cut
Its awesome!
Store Athlete (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, GAJanuary 23, 2016
Very positive staff, company allows for lots of flexibility with scheduling and out of work issues.Allows other athletes to grow!
Pros
Positive Management
Great place
Part-time Athlete (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILJanuary 22, 2016
Great place to learn as a person. Customers always go first, but they always protect your right as an employee. I learned a lot about the products that Nike makes and what they do with the shoes that are recycled. The hardest part is dealing with rough customers.
fun!
Back of house shipping and receiving (Part time) (Current Employee) –  Beaverton, ORJanuary 18, 2016
Great job! athletic environment, and fast paced. Would recommend to any athlete! I have worked there for a while and there is never a dull moment!

4.2