NIKE Employee Reviews

Found 2,745 reviews matching the search
Very nice place to work in!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Canutillo, TXJuly 26, 2017
They really take care of their employees here! Pay is great too and employee discount! If you ever need a sports job this one would be perfect. Can work with comfortable clothes
Managers need some development
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORJuly 26, 2017
I have worked at Nike as both a black badge (FTE) and a white badge (ETW). In both cases I had the worst managers of my career. No coaching, no leadership qualities at all. The burden is on you to survive. Meetings from 7-6, and catered lunch meetings which are unproductive, as everyone has phones and laptops out trying to eke out some degree of productivity in their day. Working here is also like a soap opera - everything moves so slowly, you can leave and come back 3 years later and the same issues and projects are happening. Not a good place for someone that wants to be an individual contributor. Consensus for everything. Also very clicky. Good luck with any work-life balance, as you are expected to be in all those wonderful meetings. Also the constant reorgs promote a feeling of uncertainty.
Pros
running trails, beautiful campus, sample sales
Cons
bad management, constant re-orgs, odd culture
Nike was a fun place to work at
Nike Athlete (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 26, 2017
Nike was a fun place to work at. You were able to meet all kinds of costumers from all over the world. Being able to help people pick out the right kind of equipment for things was great getting them prepared for whatever activity they were going for.
Opportunities in Positive Culture
Kansas - Assistant Head Coach (General Manager) (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSJuly 24, 2017
Little explanation is needed. If you can work for Nike, just do it. The culture is positive, advancement opportunity is everywhere, and the people you work with will challenge you to be better daily.
Pros
Compensation, benefits, cutlure, discounts.
Productive & Fun Work Place
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 24, 2017
Seeking a position with growth potential for opportunities to maximize my existing skills and knowledge's, while providing new challenges and learning experience for personal growth, added skill sets experiences and capabilities.
Fun work enviornment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tinton Falls, NJJuly 24, 2017
Everyone was friendly. The managers did a good job to ensure that each employee felt comfortable and was able to be relaxed while working. The hours were reasonable.
Unfriendly work culture
Accounting Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 24, 2017
Working process itself was quite good, except for the management part and higher managers attitude. The CEO of the company does not hesitate to speak in absolutely unacceptable manner with his employees, which I personally find extremely unprofessional.
Pros
Free snacks and beverages
Cons
Unprofessional and unfriendly corporate culture
lead, follow or get out of the way
Business Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 24, 2017
Nike is a place where things happen fast. You can be a leader if you prove yourself, but it's not a place to work if you want a 9-5 job. There's lots of people from around the world on staff. Probably the most diverse place I've ever worked. Lower level people don't make much money. There can be lots of travel depending on your position.
Pros
fun place, booze all over campus, access to employee store
Cons
lots of people work nights and weekends, even at the most senior level
Athlete 2
Nike Athlete II (Former Employee) –  1 Church Street, Flemington NJJuly 24, 2017
Sales Associate with specialized knowledge in all fields of the store and being able to provide my fellow employees with assistance, should the need it.
Its Nike
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 24, 2017
Great place to work, pretty easy to get someone to cover your shift because in the place I worked they over hired. Very professional atmosphere and extremely adamant about diversity in the workplace. Very kind people to be around and don't have a bad thing to say about my time there.
fast pace
Processor (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 24, 2017
Fast pace working environment and the people are friendly and helpful. The food is great and not costly. I liked my job but I was hired through a temp agency and my job ended. If you get hired straight through the company a person makes more money and better benefits.
Pros
hot food in front and back of the plant
Cons
some people in management wont listen to your on the job problems
Fantastic Team Environment
Part-Time Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Texas City, TXJuly 23, 2017
Very enjoyable work environment with a wonderful staff and management team. Fast-paced customer service expectations and sales goals. The culture is team-centered and on promoting one another to succeed.
Pros
Fantastic leadership and team members
Cons
Short-handed, poor scheduling
Productive and Fun
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 23, 2017
Working at Nike was a great experience. The managers and coworkers were great to work with. The workplace culture was also enjoyable as you get to work with a diverse working crew and meet customers from all over the world.
Pros
Two fifteen minute breaks and a hour long lunch break. 40% discount on all products.
Great Experience
Part time Athlete (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 23, 2017
Working at Nike was a great experience for me. I met a lot of new people, I also learned new skills as well. I was able to learn more about retail while also getting a edge on sales.
Pros
flexibility
Amazing workplace
Sales Floor Clerk (Current Employee) –  Rehoboth Beach, DEJuly 22, 2017
Everybody at Nike is very friendly and helpfull. I really enjoy working there. The experience they give me will be very usefull in the future when I go back to my country.
Nike Athlete (Current Employee) –  Pigeon Forge, TNJuly 22, 2017
The management team is well put together and everyone acts as a team and not just a number. A typical day is rather fast paced, but everyone is always willing to help when needed. I'd say the hardest part of the job is keeping up with new policies that corporate likes to enforce. The easiest part, however, is meeting new people every day.
Pros
Generous discounts
Cons
Little opportunity for advancement
Fun workplace! I love getting to sell a brand that I love
Nike sales (Current Employee) –  Allen, TXJuly 22, 2017
It's hard work but I like that I get to be on my feet and move around. The mangers work with my schedule really well, and again I love selling a brand that I love and getting to know where Nike came from and what it is now
Pros
Discounts
Disorganized
Shipping and Receiving Athlete (Current Employee) –  City of Sunrise, FLJuly 20, 2017
i used to love coming to work here but the way management is running things at that store is pretty bad. They will allow certain managers to get away with certain things. high expectations with very small staff.
Pros
discount
Cons
part time employees get nothing but a discount.
Great Company, terrible management
Stock Room Employee (Current Employee) –  Byron Center, MIJuly 20, 2017
Working here for six months I may not have the best review possible, however in my time here I have learned a lot. The people here are wonderful, and they have quickly become my good friends. The pay is not that good for what you will be doing on the job, however the discount is rather nice. The management is terrible, the head manager has a philosophy of if she ignores the problem it will disappear, and also had a hard time talking to her employees.
Pros
Paid Lunch, Great Discount
Cons
Management, Pay
this review is about the store environment
Sales Associate/ Run Club Pacer (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 20, 2017
Store felt like high school, lots of judgmental people and lots of managers picking favorites. Probably worked in my favor a few times but overall its unprofessional.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NIKE. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2