NIKE

NIKE United States Employee Reviews

warehouse nightmare
Logistics Specialist (Former Employee), Memphis, TNMarch 17, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: High priced lunch, low wages, no career advancement
Wages in this company should be no less than $18.00 dollars per hour for the brains of the company and that is the Packers, then Shipping and Receiving and then Management shouldn't get all of the perks but it should be given across the board
Productive and fun work place with tv to watch sports
Athlete Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Tempe, AZMarch 16, 2015
Pros: talking with the customer and 30% off nike.
Cons: management was never on the same page with each other.
Create a win-win resolutions for the online consumer concerns over various product lines. I learned to lead by example, ensuring every customer receives a positive brand experience. Management would would work with their individuals teams to help teach them new product launches and Nike polices. Co-workers are great people to work with. Great team environment. The best thing about working for nike was the helping the customers.
Nike
Cashier (Former Employee), OrlandoMarch 14, 2015
Working At Nike During The Seasonal Holiday Was A Wonderful Experience. I Have Always Been A Huge Fan Of Their Products So I Enjoyed Working At One Of Their Busiest Retail Stores.
Real nice part time job
Athlete (Sales Associate) (Former Employee), Seattle, WAMarch 13, 2015
Pros: 40% discount on apparel and shoes, access to the employee store, opportunity to meet your favorite athletes and celebs
Cons: pay doesn't match whats expected of athletes, can be hard to get a shift covered, thieves, and scammers
I was hired no as seasonal part time and stayed on for part time athlete. The work environment is really relaxed. You really get to know and become good friends with your coworkers and some of the management. You meet all kinds of different people from different walks of life, plenty of internationalist come in and it's fun to hear about life outside of the US. If you like sports then you'd love this job meeting athletes from various sports can be really fun, you really get to see how some of them react when they aren't wearing a uniform.
Outstanding
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee), Gaffney, SCMarch 11, 2015
Pros: employee benefits
Cons: there are no cons
Nike is an outstanding company to work for. I have been employed with Nike for two years, and I have enjoyed being apart of team Nike. The company focuses on goals, product knowledge, and leadership and team building. Employees pull their weight in order to make the store run successfully. Managers are efficient in managing the store, and employees, and showing good character for honest growth and promotion.
Great work place.
Part time athlete (Former Employee), Gulfport, MSMarch 9, 2015
Pros: getting bonuses
Cons: management
A typical work day would be me working on the register keeping the customers happy and keeping my section clean. I loved my team members they made working a lot easier.
Fun energetic setting with merchandise on display
Sales Associate & Cashier (Former Employee), Wilsonville, ORMarch 9, 2015
A typical day at work would be, hitting the floor. Shoes on display as phones are ringing every 15 seconds. Hardest part of the job was dealing with dissatisfied customers. The most enjoyable part would be talking about different shoe concepts and releases.
Amazing company and treats employees great
Customer Service Athlete (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 9, 2015
Pros: room for growth, product, networking, great environment
My days are very busy building customer loyalty and delivering premium service. this includes receptionist, directing phone traffic, resolving customer issues, shipping, assisting phone cliental.
Good place to work and a good environment
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Round Rock, TXMarch 8, 2015
Help about 200 People a day see exactly what the customer need in shoes or appeal.

I learned how to handle money a lot better then before. How to work as a team with my co workers
great place to work
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), Santa Monica, CAMarch 6, 2015
nike was a great place to work, co workers and management were more than amazing. It's a pretty fast paced job during peak hours, so there was a lot to do.
Mixed bag
Business Consultant (Current Employee), Beaverton, OregonMarch 4, 2015
Overall, I think most employees at Nike enjoy their jobs and what they are doing, however, the management can be hit or miss. The hardest thing I experienced was frequently changing project scopes and the inability of management to make a decision. The culture is very relaxed and it's not uncommon to have a stocked "beer fridge" in each group. Most of the people there are nice.
fun workplace
Procurement/Supply Supervisor (Former Employee), memphis,tnMarch 4, 2015
hard work family oriented make sure customer come first in service .nike represent the brand because the brand come first than customer...,
Fun and Exciting Work Place
Product Presentation (Current Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 4, 2015
A typical day at work for myself in Product Presentation consist of;

Planning and Implementing any launch processes, floor sets, and product flow.

Leading the visual team in setting new product throughout the store along with replenishment.

As well as capturing and prioritizing ideas and work loads while delegating responsibilities to specific silos.
Amazing company
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Katy, TXMarch 2, 2015
This is an amazing company that not only cares for the customers but also works well with their employees. The training is thorough but definitely not a waste of time.
Very good comapny to work for with room for advancement within the company
Material Handler/Assembler (Former Employee), Memphis, TNMarch 2, 2015
Daily meeting with management.
Learned how to effectively work in a warehouse environment
Management is very understanding
Productive and fn workplace with advancement oportunities
FULL TIME RETAIL ASSOCIATE (Current Employee), CincinnatiMarch 1, 2015
Pros: have a total of 1hr 30 min break during your 8 hr shift
Nike is a great place to work in. Everybody is nice and easy going. It is a great way to gain experience in sales and management.
retail is retail
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 27, 2015
it's not that bad for being retail, but not really the best. management in that store is not the best. I do appreciate everything I have learned there. If they fix certain things I think it would be a better work environment for everyone and for future employees.
easy to get along
Customer relations manager (Current Employee), new york, nyFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: felexible schedule
Cons: no benefits
great entry level position, great system, great place to work with alot of benefits. really great managers. i ahd a great experience working there.
It has a good environment with nice workers
Picker/Packer/Shipper (Former Employee), Memphis, TNFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: only had vending machines. but when they felt like it they gave us free lunch.
Cons: we had a 15 minute break and a 45 minute lunch
Go to work clock in have our morning meeting. do stretch and flex . grab our guns and a cart and go pick items until our cart was finished. i learned that i could not chain pick. which is to not scan one item more than once. my co-workers i really did not talk to many people but my leads and about three other people. the hardest part of the job was to not chain pick if i had over hundred some pieces. the most enjoyable part was to get the job done with my three friends next to me, to make the time go by.
Needs better pay,better work/ life balance,and better management
Returns Coordinator (Former Employee), Memphis, TNFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: chicken wing thursday (lol!!!!), great stock purchasing plan and reasonable 401k match
Cons: no in house advancement into management and pay rate is at poverty level
I don't have all bad things to say about Nike but they do not care about the wearhouse workers that they have in place below management. Not only do they hire mangers who do not know the business but they rely solely on the team leads/ coordinators and recon team to do all the work including their responsibilites. If a subordinate was out for the day the manager would not know how to run that position.They DO NOT promote from within on a regular basis. I was fortunate enough to advance within the third year that I was there but as far as advancing to the management team they would rather hire someone out of town/off the street to manage. Meanwhile the manager's subordinates carry them because they did not come up in the ranks therefor they do not know how the operation works. The PAY SUUUUUUUUCKS they barely start you off with a standard rate of living above the poverty rate ($10.45 per hour). Lets put it this way if you started working there in 1980 you still will only be making about 13-14 bucks an hour by the time you reach your 30 year mark. If you don't have a second income coming in you WILL NOT SURVIVE. The bonuses you get are what you should have been getting in the first first place and you are still only making under 30,000 a year in a just past entry level (v-band) position. Replacement of missing co-workers needed hardly ever happens. If someone quits or leaves in your area they will not be replaced and you are stuck with taking up their responsibilites!! When you get down to two or more people leaving and you keep getting more responsibilites but your pay remains – more... the same you can get very fustrated with the situation. Working for the company below mangement level will definately not work as a long term opportunity. The Humand Resource MANAGER even told me to get some experience outside of Nike and then come back.... REAAAALLLY!! What's the point of me gaining all this experience here if it doesn't count??? They can keep the old, worn out, free shoes twice a year(which is a write off for them) and just give me the money!! On the positive note I love their Stock Purchase Plan and retirment savings matching!! If you know how to work it.... But there is NOOOO pension!!! – less

About NIKE

NIKE, Inc. (NIKE) is engaged in the design, development and worldwide marketing of footwear, apparel, equipment, and accessory – Read more

NIKE Salaries