NIKE Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,776 reviews matching the search
Always on the cutting edge of the sports world
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAMarch 5, 2016
The Nike culture was harmonious with a huge emphasis on training and customer service. Knowing all you can know about the product was imperative to a successful encounter with the customers and offer great customer service.
Pros
In house workouts, social events
Very competitive workplace
Sales Associate - Retail (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WAAugust 18, 2015
A typical day at work is very repetitive. Shipments come in and we process them and put them on the floor and sell, sell, sell. I learned a lot about the company itself and its products. The management was good but I felt like it wasn't always fair. My co-workers were awesome! Always uplifting and very outgoing. The hardest part about my job was being competitive. I don't like trying to pressure people to buy things they weren't sure about. The best part of my job was seeing the new products and learning about what they were made to do and why.
Pros
30% discount, awesome co-workers
Cons
competitive, repetitive
Busy store but a fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  San Ysidro, CANovember 5, 2015
A very busy store to work at but coworkers and management make it fun job. Relationships with coworkers and management are also very good. Not a very personal relationship with customers type of job but was easy to make conversation with customers on a personal level. Most enjoyable was getting to meet so many people at work at the relationships built with colleagues. The store was also always hiring so it was sometimes difficult to get to know everyone that worked there. Since there was a lot to learn everyone got to learn something new from each other especially from management that helped our customer service with consumers. There was always something different to do each day so it was fun to take on new projects throughout the store.
Pros
fun work place.
Cons
hours were very limited due to large amount of employees
Productive work place major task
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 28, 2016
Nike was an ok job your stocking or process items and doing store orders. Its was ok but managers became problem not enough countability for there own actions
Pros
Free shoes for uniform
Cons
Management were less accountable
Morale Booster
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Locust Grove, GAMay 19, 2016
Nike has been one of the best companies i've ever worked for. The management team were great at keeping work professional but having fun at the same time. I really enjoyed everyone i've worked with from human resources on down. Everyone maintained positive attitudes and displayed great teamwork throughout the store. The hardest part of the job was that it was a retail job, so some holidays were missed at home, but coming to work was similar to being with family at work.
Pros
Competitive pay, positive company, compensation
Cons
Work holidays
Great Company To Grow And Be Challenged
Program Manager - Nike+ (Current Employee) –  Beaverton, OROctober 31, 2015
I've been in five roles in eight years at Nike and I've had both the worst and the best job I've ever had. The thing you have to know about Nike is that the opportunity to move and try different roles is beyond anything I've seen at any other company. It is a story telling company and you have to learn to tell your story or you'll not achieve all that you want to. It's not for everyone but nearly everyone can find something there they enjoy doing.
Pros
Company culture and they fully support you when family issues arise
Cons
They tend to under pay in tech and they are not a tech company at heart.
Awesome Place to work
Operation Manager-Nike Retail (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 26, 2016
Awesome Place to work, fun environment, and a lot of relocation
opportunities. Not a lot of local opportunity. Committed to diversity
as well as culturally accepting. Day includes customer care, cash care, housekeeping, accounting, payroll accountability, and hiring.
Pros
Great discounts, benifits, and opportunity
Cons
Not a lot of local opportunity
Great work environment
Athlete (Associate) (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJune 12, 2016
I got hired at Nike right before the store opened in Grand Rapids MI at the new Tanger Outlet Mall. It was such a cool experience opening a store together with what started as complete strangers, and ended up becoming a family in just a few short weeks. We got to watch the store come to life as we set out the clothing and equipment. Most of my co-workers were seniors in high school, some were married with children. Everyone came from different places around Grand Rapids and West Michigan as well.
great
Operator (Current Employee) –  Beaverton, ORApril 1, 2016
my co workers were so fun and helpful. love it and enjoyed it the management were great and didn't find anything to prevent me being great at this job.
awesome Place
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 25, 2016
While working here everyday was awesome,I learned How to be productive in a timely manner.Management at this job was all around good .Always helping out the staff trying to make it a better place to work .My co-workers at the job was awesome i loved them everybody was i was working with attending school just like me so had so much in common.The most enjoyable part of me working at the Nike factory is that i woke up to be around awesome people who actually cared about Us as a company.
Pros
Having a cool staff around
Cons
nothing
Awesome Company
S&R Lead (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 27, 2015
Nike cares about their people and really mean it when they say "there is no ceiling". I never thought I would become a manager within the company and they've helped me grow so much over the past 2 years. The co-workers are full of life and really make the job enjoyable! Everyday when faced with a challenge I can utilize one of the many athletes working to get the job done. The most enjoyable part of the job would have to be representing the company and speaking about the company to the consumer. Customers can tell we think highly of our job by the way we carry ourselves while at work.
Pros
Great benefits, employee discount, internal promotions
Cons
Personal
Stable, fun, and difficult
Assembly Line Worker/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORJune 21, 2016
Nike is very routinely, I would wake up 4am to make breakfast and lunch and leave the house at 5am and start starting 5:30am. I would go to my station and operate machines and work on assembly lines. Sounds boring, but my coworkers there make time pass faster. The management created a very productive yet fun environment and the PEOs were friendly. The hardest part about this job is waking up this early and the 12 hour shift but other than that the job was great
Great learning experince
athlete/leader (Current Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLMay 17, 2016
My review about my job honestly, its a great and amazing experience. I love working with my co workers and getting things done. I learned how to be more patient and more understanding when it comes to others as well. The hardest part of the job was being able to maintain patience but overall helped me a lot, not just in the work place but out of work as well. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to interact with the customers.
Pros
bonuses, awards, paid 15 min break, free clothes and shoes
Cons
no benifits
Very fast paced environment with great co workers.
Dishwasher / Steward (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORJuly 6, 2016
Working at Nike was a great experience, felt very welcomed and happy to be there. A full day for me would be cleaning tables, cleaning dishes, and packaging items. I learned a good amount of cooking and customer service, also kitchen skills. Hardest part of the job was closing because it was only two people doing 20 different things at one time. The enjoyable part of the job was cooking and being able to talk to all the customers.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Little pay
Very productive work place
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 13, 2016
A typical day at work is fast paced. I've learned a lot from working at Nike. The management staff is wonderful and my coworkers are team players. The hardest part of the day is the the last hour of the day and the most joyful part of the day is when you walk out the door to go home.
Pros
you are able to get discounts on your shoes
Cons
short breaks and no insurance
Got hired through temp. service.
Merchandise Processor (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 17, 2015
I got hired through Adecco so I can only give a review based on my experience through Adecco. The leadership is horrible. No one seems to know what their job is but they have significant job titles. They are not compassionate about people's personal lives or difficulties. They tend to run out work frequently but have employees stand around for four hours waiting for work. They work you 7-days a week and gives employees one weekend off at the end of each month. Management is inconsistent, unorganized, lazy and unfair.
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
No days off, too much standing, food sucks and bad management.
I loved this job
Athlete Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZMay 10, 2016
The working environment was spectacular. I was blessed to work with a group great coworkers and management. Nike helped sharpen my communication and sales skills. Nike challenged me to better myself and to push my limit. Nike also taught me how to ask the right questions in order connect with the consumer and their needs. A few consumers made the job tough at times but it was not anything manageable. Overall, the job was a fun job.
Pros
discounts and family oriented
Cons
Part-time under (25 hours/week or less)
Fast paced work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Riverhead, NYMarch 4, 2016
A typical day at work involved exemplary customer service followed by store maintenance and record keeping. The management was very stern on meeting sales goals and sometimes overwhelmed associates due to goals.
Great Company
Sr. Account Executive, Mid Atlantic/ NYC Territory (Current Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJJune 15, 2016
Nike is a great company. Here I honed my financial planning and analytic abilities in effort to help manage and drive business for key retail partners across North America. I had a keen focus on driving sustainable and profitable growth for Nike and its partners.

Being successful in my duration at Nike required being entrepreneurial minded, innovative, and skilled at growing relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
good work environment.
BARISTA (Current Employee) –  Beaverton, ORMarch 14, 2016
Fun inviting work environment, where you provide professional scale service to upscale customers. Management is good and most of the employees area very welcoming and inviting to new comers. It is a great place to learn.

4.2