NIKE Employee Reviews

Found 1,872 reviews matching the search
It's a cool job with great benefits if you love Nike products
Nike at Lenox Square Mall, Part-time Athlete (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 2, 2015
I think the best thing about working here were the benefits. The environment was fun and there was a lot of teamwork. The management could improve, but that's with a a lot of companies.
Pros
Benefits/Discounts
Cons
I hated Lenox Mall
Relaxed work enviroment, flexible scheduling works well with students
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lake Elsinore, CAJune 1, 2016
Great place to work for students who are looking for flexible scheduling. A typical day of work consists of assisting customers and co-workers to sell Nike product. I learned the basics of business and how to work a retail environment. Management and co-workers are all friendly and get along rather well. The most enjoyable part of the job would be the interactions with other people.
Pros
Flexible Scheduling
Fast paced retail environment
Retail Sales (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 15, 2015
Always something new going on when you clock on for the day, friendly and helpful co workers, management is very willing to work around your schedule whether it's for school or another job.

The most enjoyable part of the job is helping the consumer find the correct products that match their needs, then having that same consumer come back into the store, remember your service, then thank you for helping them find the perfect running shoe, running shirt, etc.
Pros
Great benefits even for part time employees
Cons
Moving up in the company is harder than it should be
Amazing experience to meet new people from all over the world
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNAugust 8, 2016
A typical day at work would be to talk to the customers and see what they are looking for and assist them with anything they need. Fold clothes, work cashier, clean the area. The hardest part of the job is dealing with angry customers.The most enjoyable park of working at nike would be to work with my co workers.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Healthcare
I loved this job
Athlete Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZMay 10, 2016
The working environment was spectacular. I was blessed to work with a group great coworkers and management. Nike helped sharpen my communication and sales skills. Nike challenged me to better myself and to push my limit. Nike also taught me how to ask the right questions in order connect with the consumer and their needs. A few consumers made the job tough at times but it was not anything manageable. Overall, the job was a fun job.
Pros
discounts and family oriented
Cons
Part-time under (25 hours/week or less)
Not what I expected in a major company.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJMay 23, 2016
I used to work for the Nike 173 in elizabeth nj and its not what i expected and what they make it seem to be.. Management play favorites, there pay rate is really horrible for a company that make a quarter million a week, no benefits unless your full time, and always full of drama, probally the worst place i ever worked for. But if u want to do hard labor and get paid nothing for it be my guest. That discount isnt worth the drama.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Bad management and bad pay
Best job a young person could ask for
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sunrise, FLJune 7, 2016
A typical day at work would be described in one word: exciting. Everything I did at this job made me smile and everyone who worked alongside me felt the same way. I learned so many new things about people and how different we all are, but can still seem to love each other. Management was the best and were always there at any time to help.
Pros
Free food, flexible scheduling, great management, understanding coworkers
Cons
Fun job with great discount
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCMay 19, 2016
A typical day at Nike consists of helping customers, keeping store neat and clean, and check customers out. This job has taught me great teamwork skills. The management was great and very motivating. I really enjoyed work with my co-workers. We all worked very well together. The hardest part of the job would probably be working with a product I wasn't passionate about. The most enjoyable part was definitely be working with a great staff and getting a great discount.
Productive work place major task
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 28, 2016
Nike was an ok job your stocking or process items and doing store orders. Its was ok but managers became problem not enough countability for there own actions
Pros
Free shoes for uniform
Cons
Management were less accountable
Fun productive environment
Pick/Packer (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 12, 2016
Here I learned to work with different people on different levels of a warehouse environment. Though I was too young the benefits seemed very reasonable and they offered half off on Nike product in the warehouse. They keep us motivated each and everyday with extra activities for the employee's.
Pros
Nice cafeteria with great food. The discounts on the nike products
Cons
payrate

Want to know more about NIKE?

Ask a question
Productive and very opening crew of coworks
Nike Athlete (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAAugust 16, 2016
You meet and greet about a hundred customers a day, maybe more on a weekend or holidays especially when promotions are going on. Management is understanding. There is no hardest part of the job it is pretty simple, the most enjoyable part of job is helping customers find what they are looking for and knowing that I helped them smile.
Up-Tempo setting that requires a great deal of focus to my the customers experience enjoyable.
Sales Athlete (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 7, 2015
At Nike a typical day included helping customers with an energetic attitude to help find the correct fit for the shoe of their choice. My time at Nike I've learned so much with how to interact with different customers and employees. I've learned how to manage different personalities in order to maintain a calm and collected workplace environment. Management at Nike overall was strong and they helped me understand how to be a professional in a retail setting. The hardest part of my job was the language barrier that was present with our over the seas customers whos first language was not English. Every day at work I was able to make a customer smile by helping them find their shoe. That brought joy to my heart knowing that I was responsible for putting a smile on a young child's face because it was their first pair of Nike's.
Pros
Free Nike Gear every 6 months.
Cons
The pay isn't the best for a multi-million dollar company.
Fun Place to work
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Leeds, ALSeptember 22, 2015
Wonderful place to work. Compensation is great. Coworkers are fun to work with. Hardest part of the job is holidays when store is super busy. Long hours during holidays. Great discounts for shoes and clothing. Management was ok. Could have been much better. Not horrible.
High energy and faced paced work enviornment.
Athlete (Former Employee) –  Kansas Speedway, KSSeptember 21, 2016
The day to day grind at Nike was always exciting. Mornings started with chants and team building exercises to warm up for a strong sales day. Closing was tedious but the maintaining a clean and presentable store is only the start to successful sales.
Pros
long lunch breaks, quarterly uniforms, great team members
Cons
Shift flexibility
Unstructured and major safety concerns
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 10, 2016
I work in a particular store that exists in a dangerous neighborhood. Between the excessive amount of loss and questionable clientele we are faced with daily, the leadership team is never cooperating. They fight in front of us "lower-level employees," they consistently undermine one another, and operate on their individual agendas such that there is never complete organization within the walls of that store.
Pros
Great discount
Cons
Questionable ethics
Always on the cutting edge of the sports world
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAMarch 5, 2016
The Nike culture was harmonious with a huge emphasis on training and customer service. Knowing all you can know about the product was imperative to a successful encounter with the customers and offer great customer service.
Pros
In house workouts, social events
great
Operator (Current Employee) –  Beaverton, ORApril 1, 2016
my co workers were so fun and helpful. love it and enjoyed it the management were great and didn't find anything to prevent me being great at this job.
cool
Asst. Store Manager (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAJune 1, 2016
nike's great.

cool and always improving benefits

great brand and culture

awesome discount

every day presents new challenges.
management seems to be invested in moving there employees up with them
co-workers are hit or miss
hardest part of job is retail hours
the support from your team daily is one of the most enjoyable parts
Pros
discount/benefits/ room to grow
Cons
work life balance gets crazy... retail hours... pay is a tad above average for retail
Exciting work environment in a thriving company. Fast paced, fun, team work oriented.
FULL-TIME OPERATIONS (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 26, 2016
Great work environment with a large team focused on achieving one goal. Extremely fast paced and efficient. I learned how to communicate with people who speak different languages such as Spanish, Portuguese, and Mandarin. The hardest part of the job was learning how to help people who do not speak English. My favorite part of the job is the team/family environment.
Great group of Co-workers but lack of growth/ development
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 17, 2015
Nike is a great company to work for, the are innovative in regards to product and research. They're great with community outreach programs, I love how they help children in need and allow the employees to participate in these programs and initiatives. I just wish they'd show more respect to those with seniority and allow them opportunities to progress. I know that favoritism is everywhere but there is running rampant. What i do love most about my time being at Nike is meeting all the different groups of customers who travel from all over the world and how they are wowed and amazed but the store itself, it brings pride and joy to know and say yeah I work here I'm part of this.
Pros
Great Company benefits, Great diverse group of people I work with
Cons
Lack of Growth and or development and a level of respect from Coach/supervisor to peer

4.2