The Development Lead/Architect, who reports directly to the VP of Engineering, is one of the top engineers in the company and will work closely with the VP to execute the vision of creating world class software. As a leader in the engineering organization, you will be responsible for architecting solutions to the toughest technology problems, providing leadership, and communicating with other departments and partners to create the web’s most valuable CRM.
- Lead design and implementation
- Continuous engagement in the project, actively helping to shape and deliver it (leading and developing)
- Set scalable and fault-tolerant architecture and development standards based on well-defined architectural principles
- Provide leadership through coaching, mentoring, and motivating other developers
- Provide perspective on leading industry trends, recommendations on new and emerging technologies, technology prototypes, and engineering process improvements
- Closely work with Marketing, Product Management and Business Owners to understand business requirements and Engineering to determine performance requirement consequences in order to translate them in the best product architecture choices
- Participate in team needs assessments, including developing job qualifications and performing technical interviews
- 7+ years of object oriented software engineering experience, with at least 3 years in a senior or architect role.
- Expert understanding of scalability/availability in multi-tier web applications using RESTful interfaces in a SOA environment.
- Experience with SQL & NoSQL databases
- Hands on experience working with social network APIs (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google)
- Familiar with Open Authentication (OAUTH)
- Experience configuring and securing NGINX or Apache
- Experience with the Agile software development methodologies (Scrum/Kanban)
- Comfortable working in Linux operating environments.
- Experience in cloud-hosted services.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to focus on the "big picture"
- Able to evaluate technology options including build versus buy versus partner options
- BS/BA degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- 3+ years managing software teams
- 6+ years experience building Python or Java web applications
- Proficiency with MongoDB and MySql
- 2+ years experience in NGINX
- Deployment and management of applications in AWS
- Experience in enabling mobile platforms and design (iOS, Android, etc.)
- High energy
- Start up mentality and ability to make decisions independently
- Highly adaptive and flexible
- Able to increase team output through innovation and focus
- Thriving in driving results across cross-functional teams
- Genuine interest in learning and implementing leading edge technologies
Nimble Product Team Core Values
- Deliver valued improvements
- Take risks
- Be honest
- Be collaborative and build a positive team spirit
- Be efficient
- Learn continuously
- Act with confidence
- Be persistent
- Be proactive
- Be flexible
Indeed - 19 months ago