Nintendo of America Employee Reviews in United States

fun place
NETWORK SUPPORT PLUS REP (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WAMarch 9, 2016
Nintendo was a great place to work at the people where nice there we all ways had fun but begin a contractor there sucked we never had paid hollaydis or stuff like that we had to work on holidays and as a chrism's present they fired me
Pros
nice people
Cons
health care
Great family atmosphere. Fun industry.
Management Distribution Agent (Former Employee) –  North Bend, WAMarch 2, 2016
Great place to advance if you put in the effort. Close-knit atmosphere with approachable management as well as employee led process improvements.
Nintendo Call Center
Bilingual Customer Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WAJanuary 14, 2016
I loved working for Nintendo. The atmosphere over the years changed and it went from a family to more of a corporation.Fast pace, always new products, fun helping people have fun!
Pros
The team I worked with
Great warehouse conditions
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Kirkland, WAJanuary 14, 2016
I enjoyed the conditions at the Nintendo warehouse. I obtained the position via AeroTek. Sadly, they changed the location and it was too far for me to drive. It was a 4.5 hour temp shift.
Exciting place to work with ever changing challenges
System Administrator, IT Support Desk (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WAJanuary 12, 2016
Nintendo is an excellent place to work, you never expect what will be needed. The team I worked with was knowlegeable and willing to help. I found that face to face interaction with the customers was the best part of this job. I would assist them when systems were not working, video conference problems, or any other problem that could not be resolved over the phone.
Nintendo Call Center
Sr Consumer Services Representative Admin (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WANovember 23, 2015
I loved working for Nintendo. The atmosphere over the years changed and it went from a family to more of a corporation. The benefits were great and the people I worked with were the best.
Pros
The people I worked with.
Cons
Micromanaged to the second.
Love the consules!
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  North Bend, WAOctober 31, 2015
So long ago I don't remember much, other than monotonous work. Got see all the new products that were coming out. Commute was terrible, especially in the winter.
Cons
Commute
Average
Sales & Marketing (Current Employee) –  Redwood City, CAOctober 12, 2015
Fun product but limited opportunity for advancement as people stay in their roles for a long time. Small sales and marketing office in Redwood City, HQ is in Seattle. Culture driven by relationships.
Fun and exciting place to work
Manufacturing Associate (Former Employee) –  North Bend, WAAugust 6, 2015
a place were I had the opportunity to learn about the games made and how they were placed to be shipped out. It was a very fun environment to work in. would love the chance to find such a place similar to work again.
The most enjoyable part of this position was the people I met with and educated about Nintendo products - fun products, fun to talk about!
Field Representative (Current Employee) –  Redmond, WAJuly 13, 2015
Fast paced, new/different product all the time - keeps you on your toes - really enjoy it...Visited over 100 stores per month - talked a lot of Nintendo with a lot of people.
Pros
Fast pace, always new products, fun helping people have fun!
Cons
No chance for advancement except moving to CA.
excellent learning and working place
Sr. ETL /Reports QA Analyst/ UAT Tester (Current Employee) –  redmond WAJune 11, 2015
Nintendo of America is a wonderful place to work and i have learned a lot.office culture is admirable its worth working here.
Just plain fun
Shipping Agent (Current Employee) –  North Bend, WAMay 1, 2015
The biggest challenge of this job is probably getting up at 4:30 in the morning. However, other than the job is pretty self explanatory and there are many helpful people around you to assist with whatever needs you have. There are many promotions and gimmicks that they offer to help alleviate the stress of a hard days work.
Pros
You get to try out some of the games before they're released.
Cons
Work starts at 6am.
wonderful place to work
Retail Representative (Current Employee) –  MidwestFebruary 17, 2015
I LOVE my job. I get to interact with consumers of all ages. Educate store management and associates on all things Nintendo.
Pros
wonderful company to work for
Cons
no advancement unless you relocate
Very exciting company with opportunity for advancement
Electrical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WAFebruary 8, 2015
Very exciting company to work at in the early years. Very small engineering department with little middle management. We all worked as a cohesive group and everyone cooperated and got the task at hand done with little or no management intervention. We all did what we were good at but could generally do all phases of a project if needed.

Overall it was an excellent company to work for with excellent benefits. Massages, Gym, game machines...

I actually worked there from 1996 through 2015 with a short medical break.
the worst experience, and the worst exploitation I ever have in my life
Electronics Technician III (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAFebruary 5, 2015
It was the worse company I ever worked
for $ 8 dollars an hour, I was repairing complex electronic equipment
Assistane to the base technicians and training technicians from brasil argentina mexico and central america. for only 8 dollars an hour. They take advantage of you meanwhile they making hundreds of millions a year.
Pros
no free nothing
Cons
very good coworkers
Awesome
Technical Services (Former Employee) –  Kirkland, WAFebruary 3, 2015
They management team was awesome! Fun people to work with, very upfront about what was needed as an employee. Supervisors were very approachable and helpful.
Fun Working Environment
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Redmond, WAJanuary 13, 2015
Enjoyable job with flexible hours including split shifts.
Lack of focus and clear leadership to facilitate change
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Redwood ShoresDecember 29, 2014
Company is littered with people there 20+ years, Redmond office is like a time warp.. some of the same people running "product marketing" that have been there for 15 years. Nintendo struggles to retain and attract talent given its unconventional business practices - not somewhere you can go to experiment and suggest progressive consumer focussed ideas.. even if its not selling, no fire to fix in from the exec team.
Pros
free games, competitive pay
Poor Interaction
Designer (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WASeptember 25, 2014
Good pay, but terrible management and treatment. We did not interact personally. Instead everything was an email. It left the feeling like your contribution did not matter. Every product, email, spreadsheet, memo, or otherwise was scrutinized. They were almost non-human in their interaction with colleagues
Pros
cafeteria, campus
Cons
treatment, negative work environment, feedback loop was brutal
Gaming work environment
Consumer Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Redmond WAJuly 16, 2014
Taking calls for Nintendo WII, and DS systems
Learned customer service for in-bound call center
Pros
discounted accessories
Cons
no benefits.