Nintendo of America Employee Reviews

Good work/life balance at a relaxed pace
Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Redmond, WAJanuary 12, 2018
It's a comfortable and friendly place to work, but don't expect to make enough to realistically live in the area without a second job. Still, it's good to have a product and company that you care about that operates ethically.
Pros
Cheap lunches, discounts at the store
Cons
Low salary, few benefits, no paid time off
FUN is the best word I can describe working for NOA
Admin Assistant / Associate Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Kirkland, WASeptember 26, 2017
Always a busy day for me all week. I love working in Nintendo despite the low pay it is something that I really love doing.I have gained knowledge and get to meet a lot of cool and amazing people.
Productive and fun workplace
Consumer Representative (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WASeptember 15, 2017
I loved working at Nintendo. It was a fun and productive workplace and it was fairly easy to show your productivity. The discounts on repairs to systems were great.
I enjoyed my time with Nintendo
RETAIL REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 13, 2017
A typical work day entailed going to the different stores on my route to make sure they were up to date on the newest Nintendo marketing and information. I learned how to be more outgoing since I had to approach people on a daily basis to ensure they were knowledgeable about Nintendo's newest games and systems. The hardest part of the job was making sure I had enough room in my car to fit all of the marketing we had to place in the different accounts. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to meet new people on a daily basis.
Fantastic employer
Project Specialist (Current Employee) –  Redmond, WASeptember 13, 2017
Nintendo of America has excellent benefits and a fun environment. Challenges include coordination with the parent company and organizational inertia due to many long-term employees.
Pros
Benefits, environment, rewarding work
Cons
High stress
Great place to have fun and meet people interested in the same thing as you.
Game QA / Tester (Current Employee) –  Redmond, WASeptember 11, 2017
The best part of any job are the people, and Nintendo of America has great people. It's not as crazy as other game related places and you get your own space per project. It feels much more relaxed and I feel motived to actually go and work.
I have never been able to relate to other people as well as I have related to the friends I've made there.
great job loved corporate training and benefits
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  in and around San AntonioAugust 23, 2017
this was a merchandising position with about 100 mile circumference
of San Antonio. I rotated stock, applied signage, took inventory, repaired game machines, cleaned my area. I loved seeing my area in a mess on arrival, then all stocked, signed and clean when finished. The difficulty was driving so far between stores ther were many 12 hour non stop days. With a handicapped son it was hard to find and pay for flexible in home trained caregivers
Pros
free Nintendo items and merchandising T-Shirts, posters games, etc. Wonderful corporate convention at DisneyWorld
Cons
long drives, long days. Hard to schedule required stops
A temporary job that had taught me the importance of
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kirkland, WAAugust 21, 2017
A typical day at work was usually spent completing monotonous tasks such as refurbishing and building products. A few months into the job and I began as a supervisor over the X Ray Division, managed schedules of coworkers, filling empty time slots etc.
Relaxed professional workplace
Product Tester (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WA 98052July 27, 2017
I signed an NDA so I can't go into specifics but the atmosphere was very relaxed and welcoming. Break rooms were spacious, clean, and provided game systems to play on breaks.
Pros
Cafeteria with great food, games in break rooms, fun coworkers
Cons
The position I did was a short term contract
Advancement opportunities almost zero
Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WAJune 28, 2017
Hiring for the "Product Testing" position almost never happens, with the department made almost entirely of contract employees that gain no raises, are given no benefits, are whose contracts are guaranteed to end at least once a year. Very few opportunities to transfer out of Product Testing into any other role at the company.
A fun place to work.
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 7, 2017
While working for nintendo I met some great people and was able to enjoy the place I worked while completing my assigned tasked. This was an amazing enviroment to work in where fun was key.
Pros
Fun place
Cons
Terrible pay.
They call it temporary for a reason.
Aerotek Temp (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WAJune 1, 2017
Work was difficult and fast paced. Management didn't care about you and only worried about making themselves look good, not their fellow man. Good luck trying to advance with Nintendo personally and if you do get to work with them, you have to drop your humanity and stab people in the back to get ahead. Did not enjoy my time here.
Pros
Free Nintendo stuff at times.
Cons
Everything else.
This place is Awesome
Quality Assurance Tester (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WAMay 28, 2017
It's not just all fun and games, you learn a lot here. It was a very fun environment. You're encourage to be social and figure out problems with your team. You are assigned projects. There's plenty of benefits.

Not to mention we have access to a great cafeteria across from the building as part of the company.

Discounts on Nintendo items.

The list goes on.

It starts at $11 an hour and up to $25 if you can prove you speak a foreign language fluently.
Another Fun Company
Lotcheck Tester (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WAMay 22, 2017
At first it's kind of unreal that you work for Nintendo. Then it gets way too real and you are still working for Nintendo. I had a great time working with everyone in the game industry and got a lot of great experience. The downside is lots of that experience only applies to Nintendo.
Great Place to Work
Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WaMarch 4, 2017
I really enjoyed my time at Nintendo. Culture was great, work life balance was great, and the people were fun to work with.
Fun place to work
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WAFebruary 1, 2017
Great place to work staff is great , people are fun to work with , good location on the east side. Close to bus routs. Best place to work if you can get into a open position.
It's as fun as it sounds
Contracts Assistant (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WADecember 12, 2016
Working for Nintendo is a life experience I will never forget. The work was challenging and rewarding. The people I worked with are life long friends. Management was encouraging and had an open door policy.
Nintendo was a cool place to work. I learned a lot and I was paid well.
Shipping/Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Kirkland, WADecember 10, 2016
I am a huge gamer and the fact that I had the opportunity to work at Nintendo was so overwhelming. I got to operate the consoles and other gadgets. The management was cool and good management is what made the job fun.
Fun yet conservative
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Redmond, WAJune 13, 2016
Nintendo is a fun company to work for. Great culture, good work-life balance, amazing people. Job security is very high although their compensation packages are typically not known for being competitive and advancement can be difficult to achieve in under 5 years.
Good employer
Gate Agent (Current Employee) –  North Bend, WAMarch 22, 2016
Nintendo takes care of their employees. The management is quick to listen to the needs of the employees and takes action accordingly. They have an extensive learning catalog where employees engage in classes both on site and online.
Pros
Good working environment