Nintendo Employee Reviews

work
Shipping agent / Mixed case picking (Former Employee) –  North Bend, WAJuly 19, 2017
working there was terrible standing all day with barely any breaks. managers are rude. terrible environment to be in. your never good enough no matter how good you do
It was production work
CPU Installer (Former Employee) –  Kirkland, WA 98034June 17, 2017
I feel that even though this was production work, the people I got to meet and work directly played a huge roll in liking the job. Had those people not have been there I don't think I would have made it last as long
Games!
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WAJune 14, 2017
This was a great place to work. The workplace was great and so were the people and the jobs/tasks. I would highly recommend this to anyone and everyone.
productive and hard work
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WAJune 8, 2017
very fast pact work. You have to keep up or the line will back up or stop. They have a goal to reach by each day. If we don't get to the goal they want, they will make us stay longer to finish. of course no one want to stay longer so we work hard and keep up. The managers or team leader will make the job more fun by talking to us and tease us. They like to see us enjoy work so that is a nice bonus from them.
Pros
hour lunch, hours, managers
Cons
very fast pact work
Fun and rewarding
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 20, 2017
Overall experience was very good.

They take care of their customers as much as their employees.

They are innovative and always looking for ways to entertain and to please.
WiFI Tech Support Rep
Wireless Tech Support (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WADecember 13, 2016
Great place to work. Friendly, Business casual. Fun. Timely , friendly service. Aiding nintendo game console owners tech support with their manu wi fi connection problems.
Great paid training.
Productive and fun place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WASeptember 30, 2016
Normal day is answering phones and helping consumers with either getting systems up and running or setting up repairs. Can be interesting depending on the phone call you get.
Pros
Can play your games while you wait between phone calls
Cons
No chance of advancement
Work on Schedule
Game Tester 2 (Current Employee) –  Redmond, WASeptember 2, 2016
Hours work on a timed schedule. Co-workers are fun to talk with, the environment doesn't feel to have a lot of encourage to advance or learn new skills to help workers who wish to progress. The place is great to give workers an idea how to test games. The hardest and most enjoyable part is figuring out what needs to be done and clarify that no one's work is greatly crossing over someone else's tasks.
It's pretty great.
Customer Support Specialist/Debug Specialist (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WAJuly 26, 2016
You gotta love working at Nintendo but advancement is said to be a bit lacking.

Work environment is good. Consumers are pretty funny.

Contract work can be brutal and you lose work at moments notice.
my first job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  SC9July 23, 2015
My first job it was verry funny to play all day video games and be the firts one to know the secrets of the games talk on the phone with kits and help them to win the video game
Pros
Funny place
Cons
I grew up
Quality over quantity, poor morality, and redundant work
Bilingual Quality Assurance Advisor (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WAJuly 18, 2015
In my final days at Nintendo my typical day consisted of rating consumer contacts that had already been rated in order to ensure that other companies were rating those contacts in the standards of Nintendo. I located trends and updated any documents in order for them to be more efficient for our reps. We provided valuable info to management in order to more easily make company decisions.

Management was green (new) and due to the department having been newly created, they didn't seem to be sure what to do.

Some co-workers were great; however, over all, it was a dog eat dog world. Many co-workers were afraid of getting let go at any point.

The hardest part of the job was seeing half of my co-workers, which I had worked with for years, be let go.

The most enjoyable part was being part of Nintendo, a company which I loved as a child. I loved being able to (initially as a front line rep...) help consumers that enjoyed Nintendo products the way I did.
Wii U in breakroom. Bosses always upbeat and willing to help.
Materials Management (Former Employee) –  Kirkland, WADecember 12, 2014
I loved working here. The environment was great, and you can really shine as long as you work hard. If you get let go early, there's usually a good reason for it.

The best part about the job was having an up beat and cheery HR that will tell you how you're doing and won't hold back if you need to correct something.

Co-workers were generally good, though a lot of them were fresh out of high school and lack work ethic. A considerable amount of complaining in the work place made me want to ball up a compostable Nintendo napkin and throw it at them.

The hardest part about the job was going at the pace that was set for us, but it's not an unreasonable pace. I largely enjoyed working here, and would keep working here, if my contract was longer.
Pros
All utensils and plates are compostable, free coffee, free tea (8 kinds!), 6 vending machines, 24 microwaves, a secure parking lot.
Cons
Not much parking
More like a second family
Special Projects Technical Services Associate (Former Employee) –  Kirkland, WAOctober 29, 2014
I'd have to say honestly there is no job I liked more than working at the Kirkland NIntendo, even a year later I talk about the job to others positively and would love to go back one day.

A typical day on the job for me was spent in a warehouse working on the technical refurbishment process of Nintendo products (DS', Wiis, Wii U's, etc) with a crew of people that I considered more like a family then a team. The environment there was always supportive and highly driven to succeed. As a group we would work together with set goals and push each other hard to succeed. If it wasn't for the group of people that I met here I do not think I would have established the drive, determination and accountability I learned. Most every day was an enjoyable day at Nintendo.

However in contrast the hardest part of my job however was working closely to actual family and close friends. Due to the high turnover Nintendo there were often invites and encouragements to offer jobs to friends and family. In the time that I worked at Nintendo I managed to get hired three people I see on a regular basis and at times it was hard to balance work and life outside especially when conflict arose.
Pros
Community, Team, Technical Skills, Product knowledge
Cons
High turnover
Great
GAME TESTER (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WAOctober 1, 2014
As a third party contractor i had to fallow an NDA(Non-disclosure agreement) meaning i cant speak about what i did there, nor what i worked on. The work place was great and relaxing and so where the team mates that where working as well.
Pros
Discounted items, game room
Very fun work to earn extra money for seasonals.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WAAugust 7, 2014
Being punctual at work, ready to take calls as a customer service representative. Worked for a temporary staffing agency, for seasonal work only. Co-workers was very nice and supportive. The most enjoyable part of the job was that it was seasonal and available for most to earn extra money.
Not the happiest place on earth.
Consumer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WAMarch 20, 2014
You are likely to encounter folks of similar tastes and backgrounds. It is easy to get along with people on your level. That having been said, there is no way to move up, sans a higher level employee passing away or leaving their job.

Your management staff, depending on who they are, will run the gamut between ruthless efficiency and utter neglect. Kind of typical of management staff, really.
Pros
Nice facility, on site cafeteria, on site company store
Cons
Utterly inflexible in regards to breaks, cafeteria is expensive, very little nearby options for food
Productive and Fun workplace
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAJanuary 6, 2014
I really enjoyed working for Nintendo. The managers were fun and friendly while emphasizing the value of hard work. They worked well with us as we shared new product information with each other regularly to ensure all customer questions were answered. We were encouraged to play the game titles we were demonstrating to familiarize ourselves with the gameplay; while maintaining awareness of our surroundings being sure customers were engaged when nearby. I really enjoyed being able to talk to people and learning more about what customers like. Overall, I enjoyed this job as I with a passion for gaming. I was able to use my knowledge to help customers buy their next gaming experience and learned the importance of having a positive attitude as it could make the customer experience better.
Pros
Being able to do what I am passionate about with a positive and energetic team.
Cons
It was only a month long program.
Great company
Nintendo Demo Product Representative (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 17, 2013
Great company. Everyone there was really informative and friendly
Enjoyable employment
Warehouse Employee (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WAAugust 7, 2013
I enjoyed working here, but was only employed seasonally for the Christmas rush. Would have enjoyed to continue on here, but they hired many employees at the same time then let them all go as soon as their Christmas orders were filled.
My Review for Nintendo
Customer Service Warehouse Representative (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WAJuly 10, 2013
I worked in the shipping and receiving department. I assembled products and packaged them for shipping.
Pros
Great experience on putting things together.