NiSource Employee Reviews

Work culture
Program Manager, IT Planning (Former Employee) –  Merrillville, INApril 5, 2017
Work culture is flexible and result oriented.
Great opportunity to learn.
Fun and casual environment.
Excellent cross teams collaboration with ownership, responsibility and agility.
Great Place To Work Nicknamed NiceSource
Service Delivery Manager / IT Operations (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 27, 2017
This was a really great place to work. I was brought in on a contract to higher. Project was going good until one of the full timers refused to hand off a key project to me. When I confronted the person in their office I noticed they had 1200 unread emails. A week later I was let go. Months later that person was promoted to Director. I guess it pays to keep things close to the vest? But everything else was awesome there. Very positive impression of the organization. I just wish I would have exposed this person sooner. My assignment only lasted 5 months. CIO was super!!!!
Pros
Great corporate environment
Cons
Has pockets of people that are single points of failure
Didnt like the job really.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Smithfield, PAFebruary 9, 2017
The setting itself wasn't bad the people that they have promoted without actually speaking with is where I didn't agree. Most of the supervisors didn't care for your question and always ignored people needing help to finish their conversation about the last time they went out.
great place to work
NIPSCO Gas Distribution Field Engineer (Current Employee) –  Kokomo, INFebruary 2, 2017
NIPSCO is a good place to work and it is very fast paced. Lots of customer experience and engineering opportunities. Training for new hires needs to be approved but immediate managers care about employees.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
lots of work
Excellent compensation and benefits.
Manager, Budgets (Former Employee) –  Merrillville, INJanuary 19, 2017
The compensation and benefits provided are excellent, as are the employees who work there. The workplace culture is improving; however, constant reorganizations are stifling and sometimes, counterproductive.
Productive work environment with supportive staff
Senior Regulatory Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Merrillville, INJanuary 17, 2017
I feel blessed to have gotten in to NiSource. It is a great fortune 500 company with great benefits and a management team that supports there staff. Plenty of room for advancement and an over all great culture. I wish more companies were like them.
Leader in the Industry
Senior Human Resources Consultant (Current Employee) –  Merrillville, INJanuary 6, 2017
Nisource is a leader in the utility industry and offers a range of developmental opportunities for employees. Thirty minute drive from Chicago, gives employees the opportunity to live close to a big city.
Strong Company
Vice President (Current Employee) –  Merrillville, INNovember 7, 2016
Good company. Strong leadership in general. Most of the company leadership in Columbus, Ohio.

Company well positioned in electric and gas utility space. About 4M total customers.
fun work place
Senior Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 26, 2016
Good atmosphere and cool place.Good job and good compensation and good benefits and good security and good advancement and good management and good job culture.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
Great company to work for
Project Manager - Solution Architect (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 13, 2016
NiSource is a great company to work for. I love the culture the NiSource delivers. NiSource is strong on bring ton of training and grow opportunities to it's employees. I believe NiSource is great place to work.
Good place to work.
GPS Tech (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaSeptember 7, 2016
This is a very good company to work for. Benefits are quite fair and balanced, comparable to others. Stock option is great. Make sure that any conversations about any job function, requirement or exception is documented and known.
Meh
New Business Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 29, 2016
Not really a fan of this place. No job security at all. Hired on as contract employee. A month later they hired a crop of people on directly and never gave me a chance. was let go the following week even though I was told I was doing well.
Great place to work; learned allot from attorneys there.
Legal Secretary/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 10, 2016
Enjoyed working there, made many friends. Attorneys were very nice and I learned allot from them. Company down-sized and our positions were eliminated.
Pros
Great location downtown by activities & events.
Cons
Great place for entry level corporate work, nothing more.
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 7, 2016
I have been with the company awhile, and seem to find the same issues in every department. There are senior employees that are dissatisfied because they are being passed up on opportunities. Only certain people get promoted over and over. The level of diversity in the higher level jobs is obsolete. What happened to working hard, and being given a fair opportunity?
Pros
flexible decent pay
Cons
Lower level leadership is inept. Very cliche work environment.
Culture & Learning Experience Was Awesome!
HR Recruiting Assistant - Adecco (Contractor) (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 12, 2016
Was fun adapting to an extremely fast paced environment and being able to see ideas turn into reality!

Besides, my boss was an awesome person to work for.
Great company and people to work with.
Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Mount Vernon, OHJuly 10, 2016
I have enjoyed working for Nisource. I have to relocate due to a change in husbands job location.

I have enjoyed being a part of moving our operation forward with implementing an inventory system and developing process to aid in efficiency. I have great co-workers and management.
The best part of the job has been the great friends and co-workers I have had the opportunity to work with and support in my job.
Cons
health care costs
Great experience.
Field Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  Brockton, MAJune 3, 2016
I had a great experience as an engineering intern for the company. I learned a lot about real world engineering, it is not like what we are taught in classes. Manager was great, gave me plenty of opportunities to learn and grow.
Great opportunities
SENIOR REPRESENTATIVE NEW BUSINESS (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 25, 2016
Great work/life balance
Great benefits
There's a lot of opportunity to move up
There's a lot of opportunity to change departments within the company
Great Company to work for
Technology Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 19, 2016
Good company to work for overall.

If culture is important then NiSource is for you. If quick advancement is what you are looking for than look elsewhere.
Pros
Great Culture, Good people, Benefits
Cons
Slow Moving advancement, Negative Bias toward Hourly Employees
I gained a lot of production and supervisory skills with CNR.
Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVApril 10, 2016
Out of Business, acquired by Trianna Energy This is why I started ARK Energy. With the back ground in measurement, well production, well evaluation and supervision, along with my drilling and fracing experience gave me the foundation to start the business.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NiSource. Our community is ready to answer.