Nissan North America Employee Reviews in United States

If your looking for a stable job this is not the place for you.
Lube tech (Former Employee) –  Opelousas, LAJuly 23, 2016
I have a degree in an automotive science. I put in an application in the hopes of working under one of the master techs in the bay. They made me a lube tech with the hourly pay of 9.50 which is horrible for someone that has a family. Seniority are the only people that seem to maintain their jobs there. As a lube tech you get treated with no respect. They work the life out of you and everytime equipment fails in the shop they blamed it on us. My manager was constantly riding us to get vehicles out of the bay. Me and my co-worker had to conpensate for other employee's that didnt want to work. I was eventually fired without warning and 0 write ups because I had 2 comebacks. I would not recommend this company for any new technicians looking to move up in the world.
Pros
Good benefits, hour lunchbreak
Cons
Bad pay, no culture, you are expendable
Productive work place with a work out facility that is top notch
Packaging, logistics, Kazien, Lean Mfg., Engineer (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, TNJuly 14, 2016
A typical day consisted of analyzing data from Tier 1 suppliers, to look where we can save money at (Packaging, Logistics, Process and Quality. I learned a great deal, how to give presentations to VP's and other Senior management. I developed some excellent friendships and stay in touch with my Nissan family regularly. The hardest part of the job was leaving. The most enjoyable part of the job was traveling to Nissan's Tier 1 suppliers and conduct Kaizen events.
Pros
Excellent vehicle lease program
Cons
Medical insurance has a high deductible.
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Picayune, MSJuly 13, 2016
Great small town living!!! very active in the community. I conducted sales meetings every morning, met with service director and managers every day.
Pros
2 minute drive to work
Cons
limited market area
Productive Work Place
Line Technician (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSJuly 13, 2016
Great company to work for. Life and Work is well balanced. Enjoyed working in a team to meet the goals of the company. Throughly trained to administer all line set up and product changeovers, preformed all minor repairs on necessary line equipment, inspect all products, and maintain and operate all highly automated manufacturing equipment.
Pros
great pay, team environment, challenging work load
Cons
not a lot of overtime
Nissan Review
Auditor (Current Employee) –  Franklin, TNJuly 11, 2016
Great company to work for. Good work/life balance. Management is approachable and helpful. Great benefits if you are a full-time permanent employee.
Productive and great workplace
Machinery and Equipment Purchasing Intern (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, TNJuly 6, 2016
I enjoyed working here as an intern. The pay was great, and I feel as if I learned a lot. They have many wonderful activities for their employees, as well.
awsome comapny
Assembler/Production (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 1, 2016
Nissan is a awesome company to work for.. the people in my department was great. the pay is not so bad as well. overall great job..
Pros
great pay, good employes, great hours
Cons
Job cite little distance away
Job work/balance is difficult
internet sales (Current Employee) –  West Covina, CAJune 30, 2016
Selling car is easy. However, typical work hours for salesman is long. Average hours worked in a month is sometimes 238 hours and no weekends off. If you are single and do not mind working long hours, this is a perfect job and you have the potential to make lots of money.
Large dealership with state of the art tools
Detailer/Lot Attendant (Former Employee) –  Roseville, MIJune 29, 2016
I would work a 5 hour day, and had the chance to drive new vehicles of all makes, I learned Mutiple things from waxing, to paint removal, my co-workers was what made the job worthy, got along well with others and always had others laughing and enjoying their shift, management was okay, came 1 or 2 a week, hardest part of the job for me was the hours, hours were low and not flexible.
Pros
Driving new vehicles, having conversations with former work friends
Cons
Short breaks, no benefits, low hours, low pay
good work environment. great co workers
Lead Computer Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 28, 2016
great co workers who helped each other. I loved the training they offered to increase my skill set. Great car leasing policy for employees.

Want to know more about Nissan North America?

Ask a question
Enjoyable work environment
Technician (Current Employee) –  Smyrna, TN 37167June 25, 2016
Work around great people and put new parts in vehicles.It is fairly easy but can have its rough times as well. It is a fast past environment and takes time to get used to. I would say that it is a great job to have and would recommend it to anyone.
Benefits
Cons
Don't have much time with my family
Hard work
Technician II (Former Employee) –  Canton, MS 39046June 24, 2016
U work hard for your money. this is your second home. and good benefits stable company. Its a lot of people who gets on your nerves. But its a good place to work. Jealousy people in there.
Pros
benefits good company
Cons
to much work
Decent place to work
Forklift Operator/Tug Operator (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, TNJune 23, 2016
Weird start times and mandatory overtime days that youre notified of the week of makes this a difficult place to get accustomed to. The place is so huge theres not much interaction with coworkers
Great company
Maintenance supervisor (Former Employee) –  Canton, MSJune 22, 2016
Enjoyed the environment and "can do' mindset. Very focused on quality of product and employee satisfaction.
A great workplace with plenty of room for advancement.
Production Technician (Current Employee) –  Canton, MSJune 22, 2016
I have learned to be patient, open minded, and ready to take on a new day. The company is great, with plenty of opportunities available inside.
productive
PRODUCTION TECH (Former Employee) –  Canton, MSJune 12, 2016
the coworkers were understanding and helpful as well, trained properly with the position i applied for and the management was on point and was their to assit when i needed help
Productivity Environment; Call Center Environment
Compliance Processing Analyst (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJune 9, 2016
*Take inbound calls as well as make outbound calls to Nissan dealers across the US; Processing lease and retail contracts; Ensuring that they are in compliant with the regulations; Confer with Credit Buyers
Pros
The Employee Vehicle Leasing Program
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Canton, MSJune 7, 2016
Nissan is a very productive, fast paced place to work at, I enjoyed working there and being apart of the Nissan group. The people at Nissan has trained me to the manufacturing with automible
Productive and fast paced
Car Washer (Current Employee) –  Beckley, WVJune 4, 2016
Working for Nissan hasn't been bad, and the work environment is easily adapted to. Overall a fun place to work. Friendly people, good hours, and great management.
Pros
Hour Lunch, Friendly People
Productive and a good place to be
Production Technician (Former Employee) –  Canton, MSJune 2, 2016
I had a wonderful experience at Nissan even though it was a lot of different things to but i never had a bad experience there. If i could turn back the hands of time i would go back and do it all over again.

Nissan North America Reviews by Location