Nissan North America

Nissan North America Employer Reviews

A Rotten Apple Spoils the Whole Bunch
Sales Operations (Current Employee), Franklin, TNAugust 31, 2014
Pros: the visible salary is very good, especially for tennessee. however, some of the higher salary is offset by below-industry benefits. as an example, nissan's hsa has a $2, 500 deductible per person in your family. so if you are healthy with a family of 3 to hit a $7, 500, you have to be pretty sick. additionally, the raises are minimal (below inflation), even for who with excellent review, with year end bonus tied to unattainable performance targets.
1) There a huge culture of finger pointing, as such people are more worried about defending and blaming others than with real work.
2) There a lack of accountability or incorrect accountability. People constantly get blamed for things they have absolutely no control over. As example, marketing is responsible for short term sales, but marketing isn't – more... given any tools to improve sales (sales staff control, incentives, etc.). Sales is responsible for Overall Opinion, while not having control over advertising or customer service.
3) Unattainable objectives. Nissan set sales objective beyond the actual production capacity so that the executives can look tough, but it destroys employee morale. Nissan aims to turn over 10% of "bad" dealers every year, killing relationship with dealers. All of this is for the executives to look good to the CEO.
4) Hostile work relationships between/within departments. Because all of the finger pointing and accountability. No one wants to take on any responsibilities and hold information close to chest. As such, fire drills come at the last minute.
5) Mismanagement of talent. "High potential" talents get "stretch" assignments, but in reality they just get plugged into the worst performing organization without any resources, perpetually. The best people purposely underperform to not be pinned as "high potential". As a result, the organization is becoming extremely low performing, since all the "high potentials" are underperforming on purpose or leaving the company (attribution even at Senior Vice President level).
6) Extremely political. Playing politics and hanging on to the right coat tail is the only way to progress up the organization. The top management are extremely inept, and are a bunch of "yes" people.
7) Company is extremely short term focused. The success of the company is completely build on past investments. The company will sell off raw materials at the end of the year, delay payments to suppliers, delay bonus payments, etc. in order to hit extremely aggressive profit targets. It is reminiscent of pre-bankruptcy GM and Chrysler. There is no long term future for Nissan. – less
Not A Honest Place To BrIng Your Money
Sales Person (Current Employee), Wesley Chapel, FLAugust 29, 2014
Working there the pay plan was set up great but its a filthy dealership using old tactics to cheat a customer. They are not very upfront with your pay or with the customers. its a depressing work environment but if you can get past the bad management you can make money there. Just wasnt a good fit for me
Fast paced place to work with great benefits
Product Quality Control Technician (Former Employee), Canton, MSAugust 17, 2014
I enjoyed this opportunity. It gave me a chance to work with a multitude of individuals with different talents in a fast paced environment. I also enjoyed being able to learn how a vehicle is made from start to finish and everything that happens in between. Also, putting in place different measures to make sure vehicles meet certain quality standards – more... of the company, and most importantly, the consumer. This was a great opportunity that taught me the importance of teamwork and having quality team members. The hardest part of this job was getting supervision to understand my ideas. This taught me to enhance my communication skills to be get my thoughts and ideas understood. – less
fun workplace
SAP SD Functional Consultant (Current Employee), Chicago,ILAugust 12, 2014
I have improved my skills a lot,
working management is so good in our company..
Co-workers supported me in each and every aspect.
Most enjoyable thing is working together and playing a prominent part in the growth of the company..
Good Company
Kitting Techician (Former Employee), Canton, MSAugust 11, 2014
Pros: i loved working with my hands
I learned how to put certain parts in cars.Although they worked you like slaves sometimes it was a big company.and good company.
ok
lot attendent (Former Employee), tucsonAugust 4, 2014
Pros: fun
Cons: unstable
easy job fun to work somtimes. owner likes to be treated like a king.
not good job security.
Can be a challenging environment for work/life balance and highly subjective to the management within the branch of the organization.
Accountant (Current Employee), Headquarters-Franklin TN, Plant-Smyrna TNAugust 3, 2014
Pros: pleasant work environment (facilities) in the head quarters.
Cons: a general lack of work/life balance and team building for problem resolution.
The typical work days is fairly structured to a close process whether that be preparation or closing processes and ranges in duration from 9 to 10 hours.
There are many facets to achieving goals but team approach, though highly advised, isn't uniformly promoted within management.
Management style and ability is highly dependent upon the branch of the – more... organization and this is considerably mixed from the lowest management position to the highest management position.
Co-workers are generally confident and knowledgeable but can at times be aloof within small groups but overall are pleasant to work with.
Getting commitment by management pertaining to specific goals and basic performance responsibilities is the most challenging aspect.
There are many challenges relating to process inefficiencies and antiquated process that challenge me to improve those processes to reduce time loss and increase accuracy of data reported. – less
Low Morale and Not Getting Better
Buyer (Current Employee), Farmington Hills, MIJuly 22, 2014
Pros: employee leas program
Cons: early/late japan meetings many times per week, lack of resources to complete the job
Workload is not manageable. People continue to leave for GM and Ford. Morale is very low and nothing is being done about it. Bonus is very low compared to competitors.
Fun Place to work
Receptionist/Service Cashier (Former Employee), Reno, NVJuly 9, 2014
I enjoyed working with them in Reno, NV. The service advisors I worked with made my job enjoyable. Must customers we constant repeat and I got to know them well and was a joy to assist them and have conversations while they waited for their vehicles.
Great Place to Build a Foundation
Pricing Marketing Operations, Planner (Current Employee), Nashville, TNJuly 1, 2014
I've enjoyed the past eight years with Nissan. I'm currently seeking more experience in mainstream and multicultural brand management across all channels.
Line operator
Line Operator (Former Employee), Decherd, TNJune 25, 2014
I assembled engines and put the heads on engines and everything that goes in the engine..
a lot of manager gossips and micro-managing
Balance and control kelly temp (Current Employee), irving texasJune 22, 2014
Pros: a job to get by, by gas etc
Cons: hounded like animals, micromanaging, bias, gossiping, kissing ---
very biased hiring and promotion is based on who you know, not what you know! very micro managing, gossiping esp. management. trying to set up an employee against another. Minorities do not get promoted easily, most of them are working as temps despite being highly educated. Only the "right races" get permanent offers and promotion. Be careful.you cant – more... even trust coworkers never know who's gonna set u up! lol. Attendance issues very sensitive etc etc...I am Hispanic and proud of it but do not declare it under eeoc, they may never hire you and if they do never get promoted...keep looking..they are so petty!

.... – less
Fun place to work
Business Development Center Representative (Former Employee), Omaha, NEJune 16, 2014
Typical work day was relaxed but yet the work got done. Strengthen my customer service skills and learned new skills.
Nice and big workshop
AUTO ELECTRICIAN (Former Employee), Nissan Saudi ArabiaJune 15, 2014
Good company but the problem is the management,
Luck of tools but i learned a lot, how to diagnose using by scanner or consult, follow service manual procedure.
I enjoy in my job when if there is a troubleshooting like engine,power train, anti-lock brake system etc.
It's a boys club
Battery Plant Tech (Current Employee), Smyrna, TNJune 11, 2014
Pros: paid holidays and two paid shut down periods
Cons: break room and bath rooms are too far apart. mistrusting atmosphere.
Typical day is morning gathering to identify issues from previous shifts, and stretch, and watch comp videos, if any.
Then, monitor a robotic line that makes electric batteries, which are very volatile. Lock out tag out is highly important. It's a high stress job. Line leaders and fellow workers, who are looking to get ahead will spy on you and try – more... and take you down for any mistake you've made. They will blame you for problems that another employee may have caused. Boys Club mentality rules, in my group. However, there is a good ratio between male to females in Supv roles overall. General mistrust between the employees because everyone is trying to climb the ladder. If I didn't need the money or benefits, I would not be there. – less
Hard worker
Technician (Current Employee), Smyrna, TNJune 10, 2014
Pros: the pay
Cons: i have had my hands worked on and now have neck and back restrictions
Nissan would be really great place to work but over the years I see how they have changed from a family corp o just money making corp that will hurt their workers and try to make it seems the workers fault.
Very Friendly and fun Place to work Learned alot of new things. Since I came from a maintenace background.
Onin Staffing Production Technician (Former Employee), Jackson, MSJune 6, 2014
Pros: raises every mths
Cons: that seventh sometimes was a tiresome task.
A typical day consisted of a morning meeting, plans for the and the next and a follow from the day before. I learned how cars and trucks are manufactured from begining to end. Manangement was wonderful coulndt ask for a better group. On eight of us in this dept just like family. The hardest part of this job waas getting when its time to get off. the – more... third shift. The most enjoyable part of this job was learning the proces of a spray in truck bed liner. – less
great place
lube tech (Former Employee), Wichita Falls, TXJune 4, 2014
Pros: great place friendly work enviroment
Cons: no advancements, free lunch on saturdays
4 stars i give it good owner takes real care of you..very clean place to work
best place to work
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Nashville, TNJune 3, 2014
Pros: nice management
Cons: no complains
enjoyable place to work the hard part is making it to work load n unload trucks
Good company to work for, a typical day involved numerous challenges
MATERIAL HANDLER (Former Employee), Canton, MSMay 29, 2014
Pros: excellent work invoirment with management and workers
Cons: employees with bad attitudes
My jobs at Nissan involved assembly of vehicles, inspections of completed vehicles. Quality was strict requirement.
Management was concerned about increasing worker knowledge
and job performance.

1 2 3 4 5

About Nissan North America

Nissan Motor gets where it's going in North America through Nissan North America. With plants in the US and Mexico, Nissan North – Read more