Nissan North America Employee Reviews

instant family
Sales Team lead rep (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 15, 2017
great place to work at as long as your on you game and are business minded. management is amazing
when you are doing great they put you on a pedestal.
Pros
no micro management and instant family with co workers
Cons
parking
Good salary and time off
Production Technician (Current Employee) –  Canton, MSFebruary 10, 2017
Pretty good place to work except for management. They lie and have very little concern for constant improvement, the core belief of our company. I have worked here and learned that constant improvement is a great policy . I have learned that recycling and reusing and reducing environmental impact are great policies.
Pros
Good pay and time off
Cons
Poor management
Fun place to work
Paint Technician (Former Employee) –  Canton, MSFebruary 9, 2017
Good company to work for. However, the salary requirements were not good. NO room for advancement and not enough skills training for other positions to grow.
unproductive work place
Wastewater Treatment Operator (Former Employee) –  Canton, MSFebruary 8, 2017
low moral and no opportunity for advancement. you come in through a temp agency then after a period of time you are supposed to be able to switch over to Nissan. But from hearing from other people this does not always happen, they can use several factures to keep you from converting over. they have good medical insurance, but overall pay is a joke.
Pros
medical insurance
Cons
the plant
N/a
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Smyrna, TNFebruary 6, 2017
A lot leaning, good company to work for . The greatest thing they care our safety .clean environment . Every one looking for each other's,helping that's make our job easy and fun.
productive and fun
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  West Covina, CAFebruary 6, 2017
Fun environment. You come across a lot of people with different types of personalities. The training programs could have been a lot better. Most of the skills are self taught. The hours are pretty hectic.
good over all
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Athens, GAFebruary 6, 2017
We worked more like a team, even though we had a good spirited competitive environment . Fed by our manager, the customer ALWAYS comes first ! doesn't matter who's customer it is . Or if you are making any money on that or not . Making sure people are happy and that they feel like they are family was what I was taught was most important here . I loved working for a manager and a company with these values. You can have a customer for a day but you have family for life
Pros
teams, bonuses
Cons
no lunch break, too long hours
Unrealistic Expectation
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Franklin, TNFebruary 5, 2017
Unrealistic Workload 7 days per week, Poor compensation, Feels like a third world country, Email crazy company may get up yo 100 per day, Not enough hours in the day or days in the week to fulfill the expectations
Pros
Decent Insurance
Cons
No Pension, MGMT by fear, No work life bal, never get to unplug, EVER
Great work place and ping pon tables for break times was fun.
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, TNJanuary 31, 2017
Days at work at Nissan was very tiring but rewarding. Pay was good and the people was great people to work with and for. I worked 3rd shift in a college program in 05 and 06. I worked in truck trim both years and I put door welts, speakers, mirrors, heat shields and sculfplates.
Great place for advancement.
Supply Chain Management Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Canton, MSJanuary 26, 2017
Great place for advancement. They pay well, fast pace work environment and challenging.The work environment is typical for the automotive industry.Experiance in the automotive industry will ensure an easy transition into any role.
No balance in life
Regional consumer affairs specialist (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 24, 2017
There is no balance in life and work. You are constantly required to do 20 hrs of work in an 8 hr period. The company does not teach you what you actually need to know and you constantly feel like you will lose your job.
Enjoyable workplace, kept me busy which is what I enjoy.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, TNJanuary 24, 2017
I enjoyed my work and the people were great. I learned Microsoft, Excel. I enjoyed updating photo organization boards. Working with photos is my hobby.
Benefits
Cons
With all honesty I can't think of any.
Very productive fast pace enviroment with great people
Technician (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 23, 2017
The job itself and the people are great but working 6 days a week is just crazy! Other than that it's awesome! They have taught me alot as well as paid trainning. Plus they give you everything you need for your ASE test
Pros
Free saturday lunches. Paid holiday
Cons
6 days a week with basic pay
Very stable and consistent work
Store Clerk/ Uniform Administrator (Current Employee) –  Canton, MSJanuary 23, 2017
A typical day at work is very content. Communication skills advanced more. I've learned accounting techniques. Its very multicultural and work friendly. The most enjoyable part of my job is helping others.
fun company to work for
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 22, 2017
fun company to work for, however it is hard for the company to hire contractors. Unable to receive benefits was the biggest hinderous. Enjoyed the team and manager I reported.
Good job.
Onin Staffing (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, TNJanuary 21, 2017
Working at Nissan was very great. The work was easy and the employees were so respectful. Great workplace. Worked there for two weeks and ended up losing my job due to vehicle not starting one night. Great pay
Overly watchful management
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cerritos, CAJanuary 19, 2017
The best part were my coworkers who constantly made the day worth it however management and hire ups were very stressful for no apparent reason and began throwing it onto employees i was not appreciated though i handled a 3 man job for half the time i was there but it is what it is i hope they learn to build together and not just point fingers and undermine their employess
great coworkers
Porter/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 19, 2017
not much bad to say my coworkers were awesome but there was no room for advancement and definitely no room for a pay raise if you werent a salesmen you werent making money
always negative.
Temporary Employee (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, TNJanuary 19, 2017
Most people ive met here are rude. And i try to ma tsin a positive attitude they're just so negative i wouldnt recommend working here..
Good job with good benefits,but hard work
Production Technician (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, TNJanuary 17, 2017
Good paying job with good benefits.It is factory assembly line work that depends on what part of plant you work on how hard job is. Assembly line experience a plus
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Hard work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nissan North America. Our community is ready to answer.

Nissan North America Reviews by Location