Nissan Employee Reviews

its was quite a experience
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, TNNovember 20, 2017
i would show up to work every day my job description was tow motor we would keep thing filled and stocked and they always fed us for lunch and there is always more room to grow in this buisness
Pros
yes we had lunches
Cons
break are short
For the area,good pay,but you worked for it
Technician (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSNovember 20, 2017
It was a fair place to work counting the money and benefits,but got old. I started on assembly line during the launch of 5 different models;2 and 4 door Titan, Armada, Infinity QX56 and the Quest van and was commended for the achievement with the help of others we made outstanding progress in multiple unit production output. I was later shifted to another production lint to build Altima and Sentra models. I assemble , welded and did body repair. I was a quick adaptive learner and decided to move.
Pros
Money
Cons
Labor Issues
Well paid job
Production Lead Person (Current Employee) –  Canton, MSNovember 19, 2017
It’s a great place to make a career out of, great benefits and and well paid vacations. It could stress you out, but like any job, it’s what you make of it.
It was okay
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Canton, MSNovember 17, 2017
Good experience all in all distant work place great work experience for skilled workers and for someone who wants to build a steady work skill nissan.
Pros
Loved the weekends off
Poor Management
Technician (Current Employee) –  Smyrna, TNNovember 17, 2017
only two good things about this place. Paid time off and the pay itself. You start off with good pay but you dont get any paid time off unless you get hired in with nissan.
Pros
pay
Cons
poor management!!
Be a part of the Mile High Club
Powertrain Assembly Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Decherd, TNNovember 17, 2017
Nissan was a great place to start a career if you are wanting to learn automotive manufacturing and TPS. With being a large company it is a little more difficult to advance unless you are in good favor with the Senior Managers. It is a good ole boy culture where everyone is from the same area and have known each other. If you are not from the area or of the minority then it is a bit more difficult to make it there from my experience. Overall from a work experience standpoint it was a great start to my career.
Good paying job
Technician (Former Employee) –  Canton, MSNovember 16, 2017
Good paying job. very stressful. Nice friendly people to work with. Great benefits. Three shifts. Little room for advancement. 24 hour on call nurse. Assembly line work.
stressful workplace
Pqa (Current Employee) –  Smyrna, TNNovember 16, 2017
typical work day included checking vehicles.
I learned to appreciate the quality of the company.
Management could use a lot of improvement.
Hardest Part of the job was working third shift.
Pros
summer and winter shutdown
Cons
short breaks not all treated the same.
Not fun
Regional Consumer Affairs Specialist (Current Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNNovember 14, 2017
Poor management and not a fun experience.
I would not recommend working here.
The hours are horrible and but the people you work with are pretty cool.
Great place to make money--- TOO MANY MANAGERS
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Union City, GANovember 14, 2017
The place is top heavy. Too many managers. You have managers that think they have power and really just overpaid lieges of the GM. Don't be a pretty woman you will get advances and positions if you willing to do favors.

On the sale side you can make money and lots of it.
Pros
Chaos (can do what you want)
Cons
Management, hours, Gospel Sundays
Typical day at work
MM Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Gardena, CANovember 13, 2017
I was an independent consultant tasked with developing improvements to the computer system client used to support procurement and inventory management business processes.

Led a team of programmers which were devoted to customizing computer systems routines. Executed test scenarios to prove routines were acceptable for upgrading the production environment.
Pros
Management support of my activities.
Cons
Away from home for weeks at a time.
Long stressful nights
Technician (Current Employee) –  Canton, MSNovember 13, 2017
Fast pace four rotations in a night. Jumping in and out of trucks. Bending inside, outside, or around units. In my opinion, breaks aren't long enough.
Pros
Vehicle discounts
Cons
Stressful environment
What I Learned
Domain Portfolio Manager (Current Employee) –  Brentwood, TNNovember 13, 2017
I learned a lot about the automotive industry including telematic capable vehicles. I learned about how Nissan and dealers interact, many different systems that are developed by Nissan and sold to dealers, the process for manufacturing vehicles.
Good work Envirment
Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 12, 2017
I worked with people that motivated me they were beautiful positive co-workers. I enjoyed providing excellent service to the customers.
The manager ran our shop very well and organized. I would definitely recommend anyone to work at Nissan.
Technican
Production Associate (Current Employee) –  Canton, MSNovember 12, 2017
Working for this company is amazing were you can have a career go to school and they will pay for your school... The benefits are great for you and your family.... The name stand out for itself....
Great place to work!
Internet Sales Director (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 11, 2017
Automax Nissan was a great place to work with 2 locations. They management team was wonderful to work with as well. It was fast paced, every day was different and I really enjoyed building up my team and participating in their success. They had 2 locations and I was a part of both. Sadly there was a health emergency and both locations shut down. If the group purchased another location I would highly recommend. For a sales environment it was relatively stress free and allowed for you to have a great work and life balance.
Nissan of Van Nuys
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Van Nuys, CANovember 10, 2017
Nissan of Van Nuys is a great place to work if you like selling Nissan automobiles. There are a wide selection of cars to choose from and a steady stream of customers always on the lot.
Fast Paced Dog Eat Dog Environment
Equipment Engineer (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, TNNovember 8, 2017
Nissan was an unpleasant work environment during my two (2) years. The competitive dog-eat-dog relationship between operations and engineering was unhealthy at best. In many situations documentation of CYA was needed. When things don't go as planned fingers are pointed rather than coming together for a solution.
Pros
Overtime Opportunities
Cons
Venomous Work Enviroment
Not a company that cares about the work life balance
Manufacturer's Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNNovember 8, 2017
Nissan does not take into consideration an employees time in the way they conduct their business. There are times that we know there needs to be additional hours put in to get a job done. Nissan will actually have people work on holidays and during their paid time off.
fun and fast paced
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXNovember 7, 2017
very busy work place ....day flew by...but well organized dealership was always thinking of new ways to care for employee's.pay plan was very best to work