Nitor Partners is the leading provider of Procurement Transformation and Spend Management consulting services. Over the last fifteen years, the Nitor team has worked with dozens of Fortune 500 companies. In the Procurement Technology space, our goal is to deliver assessment, optimization and implementation of technology to improve procurement performance. In the Strategic Sourcing space, our goal is to deliver sustainable savings. Through the use of industry leading tools & experts in the field of strategic sourcing and procurement technology, Nitor has helped companies manage billions in spend.
Senior Consultant - Strategic Sourcing
The primary focus of the Senior Consultant is to provide strategic sourcing expertise for sourcing projects across our client companies by utilizing wider strategic experience and functional sourcing knowledge. The Senior Consultant will lead and coordinate highly complex purchasing activities across a number of categories and business functions including: technology (software, hardware and professional services), marketing (online/offline advertising and professional services), business process outsourcing (BPO), human resources (recruitment solutions, payroll & HR administration solutions), facilities management, professional services, temporary labor and financial services.
The Senior Consultant will also provide services in baseline and data analysis, market research, strategy development, business planning, bid analysis, vendor and contract negotiation and implementation.
Key responsibilities Include:
- Managing mid-level customer and supplier relationships during the planning and sourcing phases to ensure customer satisfaction
- Identify strategic sourcing and cost reduction strategies for categories and aligning them with client corporate strategy and user needs
- Developing and managing supplier base for specific categories
- Supporting and managing all aspects of the strategic sourcing process, including the relationship with suppliers during the sourcing stage
- Demonstrating strong skills in the analysis, sourcing, implementation, financial accounting and controls of assigned commodities and tasks
- Providing analysis and support for better business decision-making
- Ensuring risk is mitigated and optimization of total delivered cost is achieved
- Capitalizing on opportunities for sustainable savings based on consolidation of spend, increased efficiencies and economies of scale for both the company and the suppliers
- Working with client stakeholders to embed a formal, fact-based purchasing process in all company procurement activities to enable the organization to leverage purchasing power
- Introducing continuous process improvement and cost reduction
- Explore opportunities to increase the project scope and report observations to Partner.
As the ideal candidate you possess:
- 6-10 years experience in one or more of the following skills: Procurement Diagnostics, Strategic Planning, Procurement Transformation, Procurement Performance Optimization, Procurement Process and Governance Development, Strategic Sourcing, Supplier Relationship Management, Procure to Pay and Procurement Outsourcing.
- 6+ years experience in Operational Consulting OR Direct/Indirect Materials Sourcing
- 6+ years analytical analysis with procurement and supply chain focus
- 6+ years experience with Microsoft Office suite of products (XP and before); notably Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook, MS Access
- University degree in Business Management or Bachelor’s degree in a related field is required
- Experience and knowledge of the strategic sourcing process
- Experience in procurement and supply chain transformation
- Understanding of procurement governance, processes and policies.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks and assignments simultaneously
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and time management skills
- Strong aptitude, ability, motivation and interest in performing quantitative analysis within a business environment
- Ability to validate and derive insight from large amounts of data from diverse sources
- Experience in collecting, manipulating, interpreting, and cleansing data from multiple and diverse sources
- Experience in gathering data from legacy systems such as JD Edwards, SAP, and Oracle
- Familiar with financial data contained in systems such as General Ledgers, Accounts Payable, Purchase Orders
- Familiar with eProcurement Source to Pay tools (e.g., SAP SRM, Ariba)
- Ability to travel up to 80% (primarily in North America)
United States - Location is Flexible
All applications are held in strict confidence. Nitor Partners is an equal opportunity employer who encourages applications from all qualified applicants. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Indeed - 10 months ago
At Nitor Partners, we have the unique ability to deliver innovative business and technical solutions to spend management initiatives. By...