NIX HEALTH Employee Reviews

Management and Pay NOT Good
Mental Health Technician (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 11, 2017
There isn't much communication between management and staff. Only time mgmt. will be around is when something goes wrong. Then they are in your face like gang busters blaming unit staff instead of looking at unit supervisors. Unit staff go by what supervisors tell us. Supervisor Rarely communicates with staff about any changes going on or even just on day to day occurrences on unit. Department is so unorganized. We are on our own here until something goes wrong. Then that's when we see and hear from management /supervisor.

Pay is sucky. Experienced staff get paid less than new hires with NO Experience !! Raises are Practically Non Existent here. Have been here over two years and have not gotten a raise. Was told there is a so called freeze on raises at this time. Yeah Right. Yet they are hiring new Unexperienced staff at a higher pay rate than quite a few Hard Working Experienced Techs Here. Really sad to see that, especially when you work hard and dedicate yourself to helping and taking care of patients while ones own safety is in play.
Pros
None Really
Cons
Low pay. Bad Management. No Communication . Too many more to Mention.
job is always on the line
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 20, 2017
Management and HR always try to find a way to fire staff. The first time u don't do what they want they start mess with by not letting take pto or if u have a family emergency they won't let u leave. I've seen nurses, Dr's, case workers, and other people with high titles leave this company. Inside communication with former coworkers state that it's unsafe to work for this company now cause patients come in violent and wanting to hurt staff. The compensation is great but and I mean but it's worth someone getting hurt cause a company can't keep good strong staff. There is no benefits of going in on off days. Staff gossip and sleep with each other which is not a professional thing to do.
Pros
pay
Cons
short lunch, security for self and others
can be very stressful
patient access (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 25, 2017
It's a good place to start off as registration in the medical environment
it can also become very stress at times. you see a lot of different things that come in that is very interesting.
Pros
majority of the time we can not take a break but still have to clock out
Registered Nurse, manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 19, 2017
Outstanding care by impressive physicians and nurses
Quality care, caring staff.
All specialties In one facility
Convenient parking
Heart alert capable
Pros
On the river walk, good support staff
Cons
Downtown
Dangerous place work
Nurse (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 2, 2017
Serious management issues . There is no management , place runs only by staff that's here. Can't keep staff, no policies. It dangerous and chaos .
No support , no direction , lucky if staff shows up.yiu will never see management .
Pros
Cons
Too many name starting with HR
definitely has its ups and downs
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 15, 2017
staffing and management issues!
great co-workers!
flexible schedule
good pay
except ALOT of psych patients
nurses come and go, computer system could be better....
Good employment place to gain knowledge and skills
Social Worker-PRN (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 9, 2017
I have enjoyed my time as a PRN social worker at Nix Health because it allows me to continue to learn and grow as a social worker interested in the mental health field.
Human Resources
Human Resources Manager/Recruiter (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 16, 2016
It was such a joy to work for an hospital that does so many things. Med Surgical Services to Emergency Department.
Great co-workers, enjoyed everyday! Team work!
The most enjoyable part of the job was taking care of the employees and patients families when they are finding there way around the hospital.
Pros
Team work in our department.
Cons
I enjoy everyday!
Great Staff & PTs,MGMT needs organization
Charge Nurse/Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 15, 2016
This place isn't so bad to work for, if you take into consideration that the other nurses you're working with aren't a bad bunch of people. But when it comes to management and how this place is run, it is very disorganized and you're not going to get a day off and will be called/texted on a regular basis to try to work overtime. They are not able to retain any staff whether it be RN's, LVN's, or Tech's. And they aren't doing anything at this time to try to improve that. They work you hard, and don't have staff to give you a day off even when you place in a request.
Pays Well
Commercial Insurance Biller (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 6, 2015
The company has always had a good compensation policy and pays better than a number of Hospitals in the San Antonio area.
Fun day with co workers
Director IT Support Services (Former Employee) –  San AntonioOctober 15, 2015
Daily assigns completed with no management interference. Finding happy end users and happy coworkers for a project completed.
Pros
free parking
Cons
money issues
Worklist
Medicare Collector (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 17, 2015
My work day consist of finishing my worklist and remittances received from Medicare. I touched anywhere from 60 to 300 accounts a day. I follow up with Medicare on issue that should be resolved. Work closely with the Biller on any trends going on.
Pros
Always learning
Cons
parking garage
Great Experience
Internship Student (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 1, 2015
Performed venipuncture’s and capillary/dermal punctures; collected, prepared and stored blood/urine samples; and verified medical records. Collected blood specimens from patients in accordance with accepted laboratory standards and policies and to ensure optimal specimen and accurate test results. Maintained and stocks the work area. Practiced safety at all times.
Fast efficient workplace
Buyer/Purchasing Agent (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 13, 2015
A typical day consisted of checking patients in and helping prep them for their MRI/ CT SCAN procedure. this job taught me how to multi task.
Great team to work with, more like family.
PBX Operator (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 13, 2013
The phones ring constantly which leaves little to no room for breaks. Very fast paced environment which makes your day go fast. The supervisor is excellent and very supportive. The hardest part of the job is the hours, work every weekend and evenings. Little to no time for my children.
Pros
Love the medical field from all aspects
Cons
Missing my children and all their activities