Professional, self-motivated, tech-savvy, committed, individual with strong teamwork skills sought to provide administrative support in a fast-paced, exciting work environment in the firm’s Litigation practice. This is a full-time position, with flexibility for overtime as needed.
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Three to five years of experience as legal secretary familiar with Litigation work
- Knowledge of local, state, and federal court rules and familiarity with civil procedures
- Superior technical skills in MS Office including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational, and administrative skills, with meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to take initiative, work independently, and assume responsibility to prioritize multiple tasks, deal with urgent client needs, and work under tight deadlines
- Strong vocabulary, grammar, spelling and punctuation skills
- Must be a team player focused on internal and external client service
- New York notary a plus
- Create and edit documents in Word, Excel, and other applications from handwritten and typed copy
- Electronically file documents in federal and state courts
- Administer multiple calendars, schedule meetings, prepare expense reimbursements and oversee travel arrangements
- Prepare correspondence as directed by attorneys
- Ensure proper setup and handling of client files
- Manage client intake process, timekeeping and billing
- Strong commitment to individual assignments as well as to the secretarial team.
Nixon Peabody LLP is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
Indeed - 6 months ago
Nixon Peabody LLP is one of the 50 largest law firms in the United States with more than 600 attorneys working in 15 major practice areas....