Nixon Peabody LLP Employee Reviews

Good law firm experience
Executive Receptionist/ International Legal Firm (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 6, 2017
The attorneys are actually very nice people. Management was good to me. Enjoyed my daily experience with co-workers. Good people overall. Beautiful new office design.
Pros
Lots of nice perks
Cons
Asked to work quite a bit of overtime. Commute into downtown L.A. not fun.
Great Environment
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJune 22, 2017
NP has done a great job of making an enjoyable environment for it's staff. They hold frequent events to help bring teams together and build relationships.
Pros
Environment
Cons
Expensive Parking
Great Place to work
Payroll Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 9, 2017
I helped out with Benefits and Human Resources. Input data for payroll on a daily basis,

Great management team really cared about their employees.

For the most part everyone worked great together.
It's a good company It is located downtown.
Practice Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 27, 2017
It's a good company but there is no job growth. Health insurance benefits are high. It's is a 7 1/2 work day with a required one hour lunch. It is located downtown.
Pros
People
Cons
Healthcare
Np
Trader/Investment Operational Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 21, 2017
Nixon Peabody LLP Private Client Group is for old people. If you are under the age of 30 stay away. No real growth this place is like a nursing home, they just add on to your responsibilities with no compensation.
Mid-Size Law Firm
Associate (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 12, 2017
Nixon Peabody is a mid size law firm with a large national practice. Offices function like silos as do practice groups. Compensation is not market. Partners can be mercurial.
What you'd expect from a corporate law firm
Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYAugust 3, 2016
The work was hard, very fast-paced, but rewarding. There were many excellent attorneys who were a joy to work for. There were also a few people who were less than agreeable. The culture (in the Rochester Office, at least) was once like a family. But that has eroded as the firm grew to world-wide status. Still, employees are rewarded for hard work, and creative thinking. The pay and benefits are excellent.
Pros
Awards for going above and beyond, culture of teamwork
Cons
Tight deadlines, work/life balance tilts toward work
Wonderful place to work
Senior Client Finance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 23, 2016
Process clients needs to get payment. People are great. Putting a stop work order on a client was hard. The clients are awesome.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
communication
My experience with the Firm has been given no opportunity for advancement.
Department within Global Shared Services (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYMay 13, 2016
In my experience with working at NP for 4 years, they do not provide the opportunity for advancement and tend to hire externally. Supervisor does not treat each employee equally.
Pros
Excellent personal time off.
Cons
No advancement opportunities.
Legal Secretary (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYMarch 23, 2016
Great benefits. Enjoyable place to work. Firm is well-respected and attorneys and staff are great quality people. Good work/life balance. Have made lifelong friends there.
Large law firm with good training for associates
Summer Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 7, 2016
While any large law firm requires long, unpredictable hours, Nixon Peabody separates itself through transparency and a commitment to developing its young associates.
Made Fortune 500 "best place to work at list" but was pretty lousy
Contract Commercial Litigation Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 19, 2016
Fortune 500 had named them as one of the best places to work at when I was there and they were quite proud of it. My assumption is that they meant either the Boston or maybe New York office. I worked at their Philadelphia office where they only had two attorneys both of whom were extremely hard to work for. I initially started as a "temp to hire" paralegal and was actually hired by a NYC legal temp office as they had such a high turnover in paralegals that most of the Philadelphia temp agencies did not want to hire them. I was not overworked but both of the attorneys had lousy social skills. It took them almost a year to finally hire me (they kept saying that they thought I would leave just as the others had done). Nixon Peabody wound up closing down the Philadelphia office shortly after I left.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Lousy management
Tough place to work
Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYOctober 13, 2015
They did not provide training and the 90 trial period was quite grueling. Would not recommend as a good place to work. Not a good life work balance either if you have a family.
Pros
Free Drinks
Fast Paced Intellectual Workplace
Legal Secretary (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYSeptember 15, 2015
I enjoyed working at Nixon Peabody. Every day was unique and new challenges kept me on my toes. I enjoyed interacting with the clients on the phone and in person and took pride in customer service.
Productive; enjoyable at work atmosphere
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 19, 2015
I spent the last 22 years of my working life in the legal world. I especially liked working in the Private Clients Department (Trusts and Estates). It was a kinder, gentler side of the law. The attorneys I worked for were A+ towards their clients and their assistant(s). I enjoyed going to work. My coworkers are still friends to this day.
Pros
Great benefits; bonuses
Cons
Commute
A challenging, fast-paced environment
Media Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJuly 24, 2015
Working for NP was unpredictable, but rewarding. Every day brought new challenges. My department provided for any visual or multimedia needs that the attorneys had. This meant doing photography, graphic design, video editing, illustration, or technical drawing. I often did several categories in the same day.
Congenial and professional
Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJanuary 30, 2015
Congenial, professional, strong emphasis on team work, excellent training resources, good benefits, opportunities for personal advancement, pleasant surroundings and office layout.
Fun place to work with monthly birthday celebration.
Records Technician (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 30, 2014
Is a good company to work for. Nixon Peabody provide a good health benefit plan and the rest of the employees is friendly.
Pros
Good health benefit plan for the family.
A great place to work.
Legal Support Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 10, 2014
Couldn't recommend more highly. A brilliant, supportive firm and highly professional.
We had a free workout room in the basement to exercise.
Legal Assistant/Legal Secretary (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 18, 2014
I worked with this Nixon Peabody LLP for 18 years. Typical day at work would be manage computer for counsel and prepare documents such as partnership agreements, development agreements and other agreements. Worked with one counsel and two associates. Prepared new client and new matters for counsel and expense reports for all attorneys using Chrome and other computerized programs. Input time daily for attorneys into our CMS computer system. I assisted my co-workers by providing assistance to their attorneys when they were out of the office. I do not feel there was any part that was the hardest. I enjoyed my job and always came in early and made sure everything was ready such as computers turned on and any emails with attachments printed so they would be available for the attorneys.
Pros
Staff meetings with snacks. Secretarial week which included lunch and other activities.
Cons
We were very busy and it was more important to get the work completed rather than take breaks, although we could go get snacks and eat them at our desks.