Nixon Peabody LLP

Nixon Peabody LLP Employer Reviews

IP department is great place to learn more about patent prosecution with multiple team players that make going to work a great daily experince
Patent Secretary /IP Legal Support Assistant (Current Employee), Boston, MAMarch 30, 2014
Pros: good interpersonal skills, communication
Cons: long busy days
My duties are to make sure the beginning patent prosecution process is done correctly, detailed and in a timely manner. Create physical files. Docketing with our numbering system. Entering time for attorney and professionals withing 2 business day deadlines. Communication with IP department in the availability of new files. Learning to pay close attention – more... to deadlines, ability to understand what Intellectual Property is and the prosecution of new inventions. Knowing clients and their methods of working together within a corporate firm. – less
It was a good firm to work for
Trust Administrator (Former Employee), Boston, MAFebruary 23, 2014
Pros: benefits
I worked there for 20 years and always enjoyed my job. There was something different all the time. My co-workers were wonderful and knowledgeable.
Nixon Peabody was a great law firm to work for.
Office Services Clerk (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 6, 2014
Pros: good work place
Cons: no overtime
A typical day at work? I performed high volume digital reproduction on both large and small format printers. And responded to all help desk calls including, e-mail and walk in request for technical assistance.

Management. I worked closely with managment to make sure all taks were completed in a timely fashion.
Good place to work for
Legal Secretary (Current Employee), Washington, DCOctober 1, 2013
Pros: course tutorials and testing to keep you up-to-date on technology changes
Cons: n/a
I work for two partners in a busy Affordable Housing practice. Much of my responsibilites is to day-to-day keep them on tract as far as pending work, calendar events, documents needed, etc.
Great law firm to work for
Office Services Clerk (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 18, 2013
Management is very poor at Nixon peabody but overall it's an ok firm to work for.
Fun place to work for with staff appreciation week
Accounting Admin (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAJuly 14, 2013
Pros: great benefit, fun place to work at
Cons: not much career development opportunity since main accounting office is located in new york
Nixon Peabody is voted as the top 100 best to work for company by Fortune magazine. They even have staff appreciation week each year and excellent working envelopment. However, their major accounting department located in Rochester New York, so there is not much career development opportunity in the San Francisco office.
Very professional but employee friendly
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Washington, DCMay 6, 2013
Pros: great benefits; supportive hr.
Great work environment; very professional but also very employee friendly! Staff included in decisions made by firm and very generous for staff events. Very festive atmosphere! Work hard and play hard.
Nixon Peabody was a great law firm to work for
Support Services Clerk (Former Employee), Rochester, NYMarch 25, 2013
Although there was little room for advancement, I really enjoyed my work environment.
Very driven environment with little work life balance
Marketing and Research Coordinator (Former Employee), Washington, DCFebruary 4, 2013
Pros: very close to metro, restaurants, shops
Cons: little work/life balance
Office environment is one that is very driven and does not lend itself to work/life balance
Excellent firm to work for. Employees have the opportunity to further improve their skills. The management and workers show great disposition to help
Temp Legal Secretary (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 22, 2013
Pros: continuing education, diversity, pro-woman.
A typical day in Nixon Peabody began with an immediate review of my daily tasks and prioritizing each task. It was essential not to allow obstacles to prevent me from completing these on time.

I learned that the important key to success is knowing how to identify my priorities for the day and doing my best to complete these in a timely manner.

I've – more... learned from all my attorneys and my secretarial supervisor at Nixon. All were helpful in teaching me what things to avoid and to refine my administrative and interpersonal skills.

My co-workers were helpful and I had a good professional relationship with them People assisted one another and we worked as a team to solve problems. It was during times like these that I especially learned new skills to reach our team objectives.

When every single attorney you work for is a Partner, all work is considered urgent. I had to be very tactful when approaching each one with regards to deadlines of their request and making sure that they did not feel their work was over-sighted.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working with an amazing team of motivated and dedicated individuals. Each one had something I could learn from and bring back to my next assignment. – less
Busy Law firm
Legal Receptionist / Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), New York, NYJune 5, 2012
A typical working environment of a busy law firm.
I enjoy the interaction with clients.
No positive feedback
Records Assistant (Former Employee), Palo Alto, CAMay 4, 2012
I have nothing positive to say my stay there was not pleasant.

About Nixon Peabody LLP

Nixon Peabody LLP is one of the 50 largest law firms in the United States with more than 600 attorneys working in 15 major practice – Read more