NJM Insurance Group Employee Reviews

Micro-manage to the third power!
Personal Lines/Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Hammonton, NJDecember 3, 2017
I was employed at NJM for 11 years and after the 4th or 5th year it went downhill. They micro-manage and they will target you and make your life miserable. Management needs training before they become managers. At the end of the day your just a number even if your a seasoned employee.
Pros
Salary and Benefits
Cons
Everything else!
great company to work for
Quality Assurance Analyst (Current Employee) –  West Trenton, NJOctober 21, 2017
they are very good to there employees. offering incentives for different things. healthcare facility on site, in case you are not feeling well. flu shots are offered. free soup and coffee.
Toxic is a good word to describe
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Ewing, NJOctober 6, 2017
I couldn’t agree more with the review that stated they are trying to get rid of people who have been there for some time to save on paying employees’ pensions. Management is a joke. Employees are treated now as nothing more than a robot, and there is no chance for career advancement.
Pros
Free soup/crackers
Cons
Everything else
Productive Company
Sr Processor (Current Employee) –  West Trenton, NJOctober 4, 2017
Currently changing to fit in with new insurance climate, which is a plus. Looking to provide new services that weren't available before. Always has the customer in mind.
Completely micro-managed, they care more about quantity of calls versus quality
Licensed Personal-Lines Agent (Current Employee) –  Trenton, NJSeptember 3, 2017
The employees are treated like robots and there is a general lack of professionalism amongst upper and mid-management. The company cares more about customer reviews than employees' overall well-being and satisfaction,
Family type atmosphere but it's hard to work your way up the ladder
Multi-Line Representative (Current Employee) –  Hammonton, NJSeptember 1, 2017
I like the job, they train you well, you're well prepared to handle any situation, but you have to know someone who knows someone to get promoted. They also chain you to your desk, they monitor how long you're away from your desk for bathroom breaks and if you come back from lunch or break late it gets recorded and they reprimand you. Has started to have a very "big brother" type atmosphere.
Pros
cafeteria in the building w/ good food
Cons
they watch everything you do
The company is an outstanding company to work for
Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  West Trenton, NJAugust 7, 2017
I have learned a lot about insurance working here for almost 20 years. I have enjoyed every year. I learned my computer programs and learned all coverages for an auto and homeowners policy
Toxic environment
Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  West Trenton, NJJuly 8, 2017
Management is trying to get rid of people that have been there long and on a pension. Huge micro management company. Toxic work environment. Unemployment at all time high. They only care about the money and not their employees.
Pros
Free soup, benefits
Cons
They expect perfection or you will be put on a warning.
good place to work.
Sr.Net Developer (Current Employee) –  Trenton, NJJuly 6, 2017
It is a nice place to show the skills and work experience is very awesome with colleagues.The management was very good.will have enough break times and it is very fun and challenging to work with NJM
2+ years, and I'm still happy with my decision
undisclosed (Current Employee) –  West Trenton, NJMarch 27, 2017
What attracted me to NJM at first was the fact that they have been around for more than 100 years and that they were financially stable (always a good thing). I'm pleased to say that with two plus years here, I still think joining NJM was a great decision. From what I gather from colleagues who work in various parts of the building, above average work-life balance seems to be fairly consistent, which is important to me and my family. The benefits are also really good as far as the health insurance and the 401k. Dental coverage is limited, but most of the coverage is pretty good over all.

The culture is good. I'm sure every department may be a little different, but my personal experience has been really positive. My co-workers are great as well. There are a lot of (overdue) changes going on with technology and alike, which are bringing NJM up to speed with other companies. I think those of us who have worked for other employers in the past decade probably all see this as a really good thing, but some of the people who have been at NJM forever (and only know working here) seem to fear change a bit more than most. Understandable, I guess. Overall, I would recommend them as an employer.
Pros
free soup and oatmeal, very good work-life balance, excellent health insurance and 401k, business casual dress code (no jeans or sneakers), beautiful campus (well-maintained)
Cons
dental insurance is very limited
Great company with good benefits
Representative (Current Employee) –  Trenton, NJNovember 15, 2016
Great company to work for with amazing benefits. While there is little room for growth in my department, the company continues to grow and provide exceptional service to their clients.
Good professional experience
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  New JerseyMarch 23, 2016
It was a great experience to work with suck hardworking professionals.
The balance of work and fun was just perfect.
The environment and management is flexible enough to adjust any new comer from any background.
The office place is so well lit and designed in such a way that you feel alive and fresh.
Overall I will highly recommend to work there
Pros
Great team and management to work with
Cons
Its a fast pace environment, tough for people joining in the middle of an on going project
Worked with great coworkers and executives.
Appraisal Superviser (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJMarch 18, 2016
Wonderful place to work. Understanding and caring bosses. Company employees provided excellent customer service to customers.
Pros
Worked with wonderful coworkers
One of the best than the rest
Business Analyst (Consultant) (Former Employee) –  Township of Ewing, NJJanuary 20, 2016
NJM has been in business for more than a lot of years and they are doing it very well.

I personally learnt a lot and made a lot of good friends. Their work environment is amazing and the balance of work and life is tremendous.

They take good care of their employees and customers. Good place to retire from.
nice environment, good benefits
programmer analyst (Former Employee) –  West Trenton, NJJanuary 4, 2016
Productive work environment and friendly atmosphere. ability to telecommute,good benefits, some flexibility in starting/end hours.
Pros
professional environment, good benefits
Cons
n/a
Traditional Company that consistently ranks on top.
Desktop Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  West Trenton, NJApril 15, 2015
This is a Co. with a lot of history and tradition. They look after their employees and it shows. Many will stay on board long-term. There are special benefits such as free snacks and soup, and there are occasionally observances of special themed days. Work involves assisting both local and remote users- some do work from home and we do remote support.
Good health benefits
Subrogation Claims Representative II (Current Employee) –  West Treton, NJJuly 2, 2014
A decent company with great health benefits - free parking - free shuttle to train station.
Employer had long establised care for the employees thru numerous programs (including free lunch)
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  West Trenton, NJFebruary 7, 2014
This company trained you to be able to handle the volume and to also become knowledgeable in the auto/home insurance field.

Calls were monitored (and reviewed with a supervisor on a monthly basis) to critique and admonish your achievements.
Excellent place to work
Licensed Insurance Producer (Former Employee) –  Ewing, NJJanuary 18, 2014
I thought my time at NJM Insurance was very successful. The co workers and management were very friendly and most of all very helpful with my achievements within the company.
Pros
Free soup coffee tea and crackers for lunch
Cons
Short breaks
A day as a Support Analyst
System Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  West Trenton, NJOctober 1, 2013
My day as Support Analyst starts off by checking my voicemail or email for requests from users who need assistance. At this point I will decide how I can facilitate these requests.If these requests are technical questions I can consult my team or online manuals to find the best answer. If I can't resolve these issues I will act as a liaison between the users requesting assistance and my company's Service Desk Operations department. One of the hardest parts of my job is trying to understand all aspects of an issue without being able to see it for myself. To avoid any misunderstandings whenever possible I make a point to meet, have phone conversation or email ever user prior to attempting any resolution. The most enjoyable part of my day is solving all issues directed to me or my group.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NJM Insurance Group. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2