NJVC

NJVC Employer Reviews

disconnected management
Project Manager Associate (Current Employee), Chantilly, VANovember 10, 2014
management is disconnected from workers. Most supervisors are hands-off managers so its nice to be able to do your job without being micromanaged.
A great challenge
Contractor to NGA/Bethesda (Former Employee), Vienna, VAOctober 29, 2014
I welcomed any challenge that came my way on a regular basis. It was rewarding to have some good accomplishments while working with this company. I was happy to be able to work with some supportive and helpful individuals.
Negative, self-centered company
Computer Engineer (Former Employee), Washington, D.C.October 9, 2014
Pros: little oversight
Cons: poor management, benefits, business model and growth opportunities.
This is a very small, poorly ran company.

If you're new to the field, then this may be the place for you to begin and gain experience. However, once you get some time under your belt, position yourself with a larger company who has a business model that will help your succeed and provide job security, rather than wasting valuable overhead money on – more... the management staff. – less
IT Operations & Maintenance
Program Manager, Special Projects Office (Current Employee), Chantilly, VAOctober 2, 2014
Specializes in IT O&S/O&M. Networks, desktops, Help Desk, and Projects.
ArcSight
Lead Advanced Cyber Security operations Specialist (Current Employee), SpringfieldSeptember 30, 2014
I enjoyed being the lead of this team. NJVC gave me a great oppurinty and i ran with it. great company. You will never see a complaint from me with them
Worst Company with no Ethics at all
Unknown (Former Employee), Vienna, VASeptember 10, 2014
Cons: favoritism, unethical, lack of communictaion, unhonest/unethical leadership
This company is the most unethical environment I have ever worked for. The Management is lining thier pockets for when the company goes over. Don't every work in Accounting and Finance, their decision goes with the wind of the Executive Team, and they have the most incompentant staff, down to the leaders.
USAF Member
Project Manager (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOAugust 17, 2014
Pros: study work
Cons: being away from family
Great places to be stationed at. good study work. Was serving my country while getting an education
Nice People, Poor Leadership, No Growth Opportunities
Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee), Springfield, VAJuly 22, 2014
Pros: friendly staff
Cons: no clear future
Overall the people that work at NJVC are very laid back and caring. Nonetheless Upper Management seems to have no vision for the company. It is in the final years of a 15 year non-competitive contract, and you get the sense that this company will no longer exist once the contract terms are complete.

There has been more than 3 rounds of lay offs the – more... past year. Nonetheless, NJVC leadership continues to invest in over paid, previously unemployed business development and program management leaders to drive success. The strategy and vision to expand NJVC is non-existent. They do not have so much as a vision statement or defined market.

The benefits at NJVC are very poor too. Nonetheless, it has attracted a great bunch of people. They have great skills, and are pretty warm. That is why it is so unfortunate that leadership will likely have to let a lot of them go. – less
Great people, limited contract
Systems Engineer (Former Employee), Chantilly, VAJuly 7, 2014
You will work with and meet some of the finest people, however the company has failed to land significant contracts, and the main contract is nearing the end of it's term.
Run and don't look back
HR Specialist (Former Employee), Chantilly, VAJune 26, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: benefits, growth, poor management
NJVC is a sinking ship, again NJVC is a sinking ship. In the last two years of me being with this organization we have lost every single contract we have gone after; NJVC is a one contract organization. All the good workers leave because they realize that NJVC will close its doors shortly. Management sucks! And Sr. Management in HR have no clue what – more... they are doing and way too much nepotism. – less
Defense Contractor with multiple locations
IT/IS Systems Integration Engineer (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOMay 17, 2014
Enterprise Management functions on classified government defense systems
The conferences I ran were informational and some were very entertaining.
Network Engineer (Former Employee), Arnold, MOApril 15, 2014
Pros: networking
Cons: losing government funding for my contracting company
I scheduled and maintained up to 500 conferences daily. I learned all the in's and out's of video teleconferencing. My management was always available and my coworkers were supportive. The hardest part of the job was troubleshooting and maintaining a large (100+ person) conference on the spot. The most enjoyable portion was meeting new people, testing – more... myself under pressure and learning information outside of my job field while listening to conferences. – less
Awesome place to work
Sr. Subcontracts Administrator (Former Employee), Vienna, VAApril 9, 2014
Great organization with unlimited potential for growth. Definitely would re-apply if the commute was better.
n/a
T1. Help desk (ESD Trainer) (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOFebruary 25, 2014
A typical day is working at the call center answering calls ans trouble shooting issues. The help desk has one of the poorest management teams that i have ever worked for.
Overall a good company to work for
Tier 2 Systems Administrator Associate (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: pay
I am fairly compensated for the work I perform. My only gripe is that it seems that management position candidates are often pre-selected, so I personally have found it difficult to cross into the management side of the company.
Good so far...
Help Desk 2 (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOFebruary 13, 2014
Pros: reasonable management staff
Cons: management can be difficult to contact at times
I work with a diverse cross-section of individuals that come together as a team fairly well. Management is reasonable but can be difficult to contact at times.
Productive and gratifying place to work
Digital Imaging Specialist (Former Employee), Arnold MissouriFebruary 6, 2014
Providing valuable information to the men and women in uniform.
Management was understanding of personal needs and always willing to listen and help.
Co-workers were very friendly and hardworkers.
Good Team
Enterprise Help Desk Agent T1/T2 (Current Employee), Springfield, VAJanuary 28, 2014
Working with a diverse work group and customer base, I have learned a lot in my time at NJVC.
Great place to get paid, get experience, then GET OUT
PMO (Current Employee), Chantilly, VAJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: work whenever you want to
Tis company was built on nepotism....which will be the downfall of the company. Management chooses to lay people off based on popularity vs. actual work being done/ethic. People NEVER work 8 hr days and there is ZERO accountability. They pay very well, but it is not worth it being around so many unmotivated people.
Great company
Senior Solutions Architect (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOJanuary 24, 2014
Pros: freedom to pick projects that you want
Cons: government work with the lack of accountability
Great opportunities at this company if you are competitive and have the motivation to excel.

1 2 3

About NJVC

An Alaska Native Corporation, Chenega Corporation has gone from landowner to business titan. Founded in 1974 to represent the – Read more