NJVC Employee Reviews

I loved my time here
Facility Coordinator (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 23, 2017
Unfortunate that the government has made an obvious effort to ensure NJVC is blocked from winning future prime contracts. NJVC was the best company I had ever worked for. Certainly had their problems, but "I" was always taken well taken care of.
Pros
Good salary, I was offered good promostion opportunities, felt appreciated.
Cons
Not winning any prime contracts. Company fell behind the curve on bidding projects.
Fun asignment and with the other personnel working
System Administrator/Database Administrator (Former Employee) –  Newington, VAJune 20, 2017
Majority of the Personnel at the site were enjoyable to work with and there was a lot of knowledge sharing. A lot of team work provided with the contractors and Government personnel.
Pros
Alot of different companies working together to support the projects
Cons
Limited
Mission essential position
System Engineer and Administration (Former Employee) –  Springfield, VAJune 13, 2017
My overall experience with NJVC was a very positive one, I felt like I was an essential member of a mission critical team. I want to personally thank my Managers for doing all they do to keep our team together and for going beyond their responsibilities to assist our team in finding new positions.
Pros
Team oriented company
Cons
Did not invest in continue training for their workers.
Good Company with benefits
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 4, 2017
Great company to start with in government contracting work. Slowing losing more contracts. Will struggle to maintain itself if they don't win more contracts
Project Manager Associate (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VAJanuary 26, 2017
Over the years, management has changed and along with that came some unsatisfactory changes to the workforce. Change is good but if it is for the betterment of the employees.
Pros
Flexibile, management is getting better
Cons
Benefits are horrible
Good company/Great people
System Engineer and Administration (Current Employee) –  Springfield, VAJanuary 12, 2017
I have honestly enjoyed working for NJVC aka CHENEGA they have treated me with respect and dignity throughout my time with the company. I would highly recommend this company to any of my friends and colleagues.
Pros
People oriented
Cons
loss contract
Job advancement
Lead System Administrator (Current Employee) –  Arnold, MODecember 13, 2016
Neutral Outlook
I have been working at NJVC full-time
Pros
Competitive salary/benefits, opportunity to move to other roles/locations, hands-off management, and good people working with and around you, good environment and customers to support.
Cons
You are expected to learn what you need on your own (little to no training).
Good team to work with
Sr. Contracts Manager (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VANovember 22, 2016
Dedicated team to work with. Professional and caring management. Work life balance is a priority to the company. Small company with lots of opportunities to invest in.
upward mobility is the weakest link
Pros
work life balance
Cons
advancement
MIssion focused
System Engineer Specialist (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 16, 2016
Coworkers are dedicated to mission support.
Each day is busy and full of challenges.
Managing customer expectations is a wonderful experience.
Best part of the job is seeing a satisfied customer.
Pros
salary
Cons
time off
Was a good place to work
Director of Technical Operations (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VANovember 7, 2016
NJVC had poor management that eventually tanked the company and ran with the money. The employees were for the most part great but the management killed the company.
Disorganized Company Overall
Systems Architect (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAOctober 14, 2016
I was brought on, only to be let go 2 months later because of the companies inability to win a contract. They lost every single contract they bid on because they were not able to compete with other contractors bidding on the awards. This was due to poor planning, and the companies lackadaisical attitude and unscrupulous planning. They weren't professional, and did not foresee them not having any work coming in. Half of the floor I worked on was empty even by the time I got there. It's as if they planned their contracts by the seat of their pants.

Worse off, I lost a security fob, and instead of just deactivating it, my supervisor tried to hold of on giving me my last pay check by not verifying that I worked the hours I did, instead of going through security and allowing payroll to handle any deductions from my paycheck needed, if they even cared, which I doubt they did. In an act of vigilantism, she inappropriately acted by arbitrarily holding off on approving that I worked 40 hours, even though I did, and tried to abused her authority to do what she thought should be done, though her authority overwritten corrected by payroll 2 days later to approve my hours.

Never worked for such an unprofessional company, ever.
Pros
Didn't work there long enough to say
Cons
Lack of planning and professionalism by those in charge of the company over all.
Great for entry to mid-level professionals
SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Buckley AFB, COApril 29, 2016
No room for advancement and no employee development. You are expected to only perform the work of your position/billet on the contract. Feedback, assistance, and interest in other areas employee has knowledge and experience with is not desired or welcomed.
One of the better companies.
Systems Administrator(Contractor) (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAFebruary 22, 2016
Good place to work if you can get in. Great environment, only concern would be job security. In my time there I seen enough people get laid off, terminated to cause concern.
Pros
Compensation, environment, co-workers
Cons
Advancement, job security
Professional office enviornment
System Administrator V (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJanuary 17, 2016
Enjoy the challenging job requirements we face each day as we're able to assist users. The management is flexible which makes for a great environment.
Administrative Support II (Former Employee) –  Vienna, VAOctober 3, 2015
I greeted visitors also issued badges as well as answering phones. the environment was great and you also had the opportunity to enhance your career.
Pros
stability
Cons
the comute
would not recommend to friends
Administrative Assistant/Payroll Analyst (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VAOctober 2, 2015
Stress levels are high because no one knows future of the company. Negative environment. Poor management. Lots of work required but little compensation for the average worker. Upper management makes decisions that benefit them and not the rest of the company. Lots of layoffs. Not a good outlook for company's future.
Pros
decent benefits
Cons
high stress, low pay
System Engineer (Former Employee) –  St. LouisAugust 12, 2015
Mangement works hard to help you with your goals. A lot of great people and good work and life balance. NJVC keep you busy and productive. Awesome place to work
Pros
Great people, work is great
Cons
contract work, benefits not that great
A good place to work
Business Development Director (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VAJuly 19, 2015
The company has a new president so outlook is good. The benefits are very competitive with the market and they have some extremely talented people working there.
productive and major learning job
Senior Digital Imaging Specialist (Former Employee) –  Vienna, VAJuly 2, 2015
Was a member of company from the beginning like my job but NJVC did not bid on new contract overall review is I enjoyed working there.
IT specialist with a lot of cusotmer service responsibilities
Enterprise Service Center Technician (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDMay 28, 2015
Working with NJVC at this point allow me to complete all three Tier levels of IT. I was able to go back and see each level of Tiers and had a new respectfully for every level.