NJVC Employee Reviews

Once a great company to work for...
System Administrator/ Hardware Engineer (Current Employee) –  Arnold, MOSeptember 8, 2017
Having worked for NJVC for many years I feel like they started out with a great work philosophy. As the years past benefits slowly went away along with training opportunities. As the more qualified people started to leave it left the more inexperienced folks taking on more tasks thus hiring IT people with less experience.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Opportunity for advancement
Great Compensation, No Direction as a Company
Engineer (Former Employee) –  USSeptember 1, 2017
Salary and benefits have kept me here

Direction/Leadership is lacking

Unable to successfully win new prime contracts, BD is lacking

No opportunities for advancement unless you are part of the "club"

Grim outlook for the company as a whole - needs to stop the bleeding and win contracts

Retention is not good
Government contract
Systems Engineer II (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 22, 2017
NJVC is a decent company to work for. Only downside is that it is on contract. When the contract ends, you may not have a job. The company could use better training for new employees.
Poor management support
Cyber Security Analyst (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 10, 2017
Poor management support and impossible to remove anyone from the contract. The customer was always right even when they were 100% wrong and didn't know what they were talking about.
Work Place
Security Specialist (Current Employee) –  Vienna, VAAugust 2, 2017
A great people and environment to work! (OUTSTANDING)
a fun and safe place to work!
My leader was a people person who m care about his personnel!
My coworkers are great we are a family!
My Experience with NJVC
Senior Space Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VAAugust 1, 2017
My overall experience working here with NJVC has been professional, cordial, unstressful, but challenging. I can appreciate NJVC for giving its employees a chance to transition out into newer opportunities without feeling the raft of many of the company's changes. Their Benefits are great, leave time is earned and manageable. And last but not least it's meeting and Town Halls are informative, speaking of informative, it has a company site that would link you to whatever you need to know, very proficient and effective.
I loved my time here
Facility Coordinator (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 23, 2017
Unfortunate that the government has made an obvious effort to ensure NJVC is blocked from winning future prime contracts. NJVC was the best company I had ever worked for. Certainly had their problems, but "I" was always taken well taken care of.
Pros
Good salary, I was offered good promostion opportunities, felt appreciated.
Cons
Not winning any prime contracts. Company fell behind the curve on bidding projects.
Fun asignment and with the other personnel working
System Administrator/Database Administrator (Former Employee) –  Newington, VAJune 20, 2017
Majority of the Personnel at the site were enjoyable to work with and there was a lot of knowledge sharing. A lot of team work provided with the contractors and Government personnel.
Pros
Alot of different companies working together to support the projects
Cons
Limited
Mission essential position
System Engineer and Administration (Former Employee) –  Springfield, VAJune 13, 2017
My overall experience with NJVC was a very positive one, I felt like I was an essential member of a mission critical team. I want to personally thank my Managers for doing all they do to keep our team together and for going beyond their responsibilities to assist our team in finding new positions.
Pros
Team oriented company
Cons
Did not invest in continue training for their workers.
Great job to get work experience
Intern (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VAApril 17, 2017
Learned a lot about web development and working as a team on a project.

Flexible hours and was even able to work from home if I wanted to. Management is kind of a mess though.
Pros
Remote working, flexible hours
Cons
Disorganized
Good Company with benefits
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 4, 2017
Great company to start with in government contracting work. Slowing losing more contracts. Will struggle to maintain itself if they don't win more contracts
Project Manager Associate (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VAJanuary 26, 2017
Over the years, management has changed and along with that came some unsatisfactory changes to the workforce. Change is good but if it is for the betterment of the employees.
Pros
Flexibile, management is getting better
Cons
Benefits are horrible
Good company/Great people
System Engineer and Administration (Current Employee) –  Springfield, VAJanuary 12, 2017
I have honestly enjoyed working for NJVC aka CHENEGA they have treated me with respect and dignity throughout my time with the company. I would highly recommend this company to any of my friends and colleagues.
Pros
People oriented
Cons
loss contract
Job advancement
Lead System Administrator (Current Employee) –  Arnold, MODecember 13, 2016
Neutral Outlook
I have been working at NJVC full-time
Pros
Competitive salary/benefits, opportunity to move to other roles/locations, hands-off management, and good people working with and around you, good environment and customers to support.
Cons
You are expected to learn what you need on your own (little to no training).
Good team to work with
Sr. Contracts Manager (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VANovember 22, 2016
Dedicated team to work with. Professional and caring management. Work life balance is a priority to the company. Small company with lots of opportunities to invest in.
upward mobility is the weakest link
Pros
work life balance
Cons
advancement
MIssion focused
System Engineer Specialist (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 16, 2016
Coworkers are dedicated to mission support.
Each day is busy and full of challenges.
Managing customer expectations is a wonderful experience.
Best part of the job is seeing a satisfied customer.
Pros
salary
Cons
time off
Was a good place to work
Director of Technical Operations (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VANovember 7, 2016
NJVC had poor management that eventually tanked the company and ran with the money. The employees were for the most part great but the management killed the company.
Disorganized Company Overall
Systems Architect (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAOctober 14, 2016
I was brought on, only to be let go 2 months later because of the companies inability to win a contract. They lost every single contract they bid on because they were not able to compete with other contractors bidding on the awards. This was due to poor planning, and the companies lackadaisical attitude and unscrupulous planning. They weren't professional, and did not foresee them not having any work coming in. Half of the floor I worked on was empty even by the time I got there. It's as if they planned their contracts by the seat of their pants.

Worse off, I lost a security fob, and instead of just deactivating it, my supervisor tried to hold of on giving me my last pay check by not verifying that I worked the hours I did, instead of going through security and allowing payroll to handle any deductions from my paycheck needed, if they even cared, which I doubt they did. In an act of vigilantism, she inappropriately acted by arbitrarily holding off on approving that I worked 40 hours, even though I did, and tried to abused her authority to do what she thought should be done, though her authority overwritten corrected by payroll 2 days later to approve my hours.

Never worked for such an unprofessional company, ever.
Pros
Didn't work there long enough to say
Cons
Lack of planning and professionalism by those in charge of the company over all.
Great for entry to mid-level professionals
SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Buckley AFB, COApril 29, 2016
No room for advancement and no employee development. You are expected to only perform the work of your position/billet on the contract. Feedback, assistance, and interest in other areas employee has knowledge and experience with is not desired or welcomed.
One of the better companies.
Systems Administrator(Contractor) (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAFebruary 22, 2016
Good place to work if you can get in. Great environment, only concern would be job security. In my time there I seen enough people get laid off, terminated to cause concern.
Pros
Compensation, environment, co-workers
Cons
Advancement, job security