NJVC Employee Reviews

Good team to work with
Sr. Contracts Manager (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VANovember 22, 2016
Dedicated team to work with. Professional and caring management. Work life balance is a priority to the company. Small company with lots of opportunities to invest in.
upward mobility is the weakest link
Pros
work life balance
Cons
advancement
MIssion focused
System Engineer Specialist (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 16, 2016
Coworkers are dedicated to mission support.
Each day is busy and full of challenges.
Managing customer expectations is a wonderful experience.
Best part of the job is seeing a satisfied customer.
Pros
salary
Cons
time off
Was a good place to work
Director of Technical Operations (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VANovember 7, 2016
NJVC had poor management that eventually tanked the company and ran with the money. The employees were for the most part great but the management killed the company.
Disorganized Company Overall
Systems Architect (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAOctober 14, 2016
I was brought on, only to be let go 2 months later because of the companies inability to win a contract. They lost every single contract they bid on because they were not able to compete with other contractors bidding on the awards. This was due to poor planning, and the companies lackadaisical attitude and unscrupulous planning. They weren't professional, and did not foresee them not having any work coming in. Half of the floor I worked on was empty even by the time I got there. It's as if they planned their contracts by the seat of their pants.

Worse off, I lost a security fob, and instead of just deactivating it, my supervisor tried to hold of on giving me my last pay check by not verifying that I worked the hours I did, instead of going through security and allowing payroll to handle any deductions from my paycheck needed, if they even cared, which I doubt they did. In an act of vigilantism, she inappropriately acted by arbitrarily holding off on approving that I worked 40 hours, even though I did, and tried to abused her authority to do what she thought should be done, though her authority overwritten corrected by payroll 2 days later to approve my hours.

Never worked for such an unprofessional company, ever.
Pros
Didn't work there long enough to say
Cons
Lack of planning and professionalism by those in charge of the company over all.
Great for entry to mid-level professionals
SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Buckley AFB, COApril 29, 2016
No room for advancement and no employee development. You are expected to only perform the work of your position/billet on the contract. Feedback, assistance, and interest in other areas employee has knowledge and experience with is not desired or welcomed.
One of the better companies.
Systems Administrator(Contractor) (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAFebruary 22, 2016
Good place to work if you can get in. Great environment, only concern would be job security. In my time there I seen enough people get laid off, terminated to cause concern.
Pros
Compensation, environment, co-workers
Cons
Advancement, job security
Professional office enviornment
System Administrator V (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJanuary 17, 2016
Enjoy the challenging job requirements we face each day as we're able to assist users. The management is flexible which makes for a great environment.
Administrative Support II (Former Employee) –  Vienna, VAOctober 3, 2015
I greeted visitors also issued badges as well as answering phones. the environment was great and you also had the opportunity to enhance your career.
Pros
stability
Cons
the comute
would not recommend to friends
Administrative Assistant/Payroll Analyst (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VAOctober 2, 2015
Stress levels are high because no one knows future of the company. Negative environment. Poor management. Lots of work required but little compensation for the average worker. Upper management makes decisions that benefit them and not the rest of the company. Lots of layoffs. Not a good outlook for company's future.
Pros
decent benefits
Cons
high stress, low pay
System Engineer (Former Employee) –  St. LouisAugust 12, 2015
Mangement works hard to help you with your goals. A lot of great people and good work and life balance. NJVC keep you busy and productive. Awesome place to work
Pros
Great people, work is great
Cons
contract work, benefits not that great
A good place to work
Business Development Director (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VAJuly 19, 2015
The company has a new president so outlook is good. The benefits are very competitive with the market and they have some extremely talented people working there.
productive and major learning job
Senior Digital Imaging Specialist (Former Employee) –  Vienna, VAJuly 2, 2015
Was a member of company from the beginning like my job but NJVC did not bid on new contract overall review is I enjoyed working there.
IT specialist with a lot of cusotmer service responsibilities
Enterprise Service Center Technician (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDMay 28, 2015
Working with NJVC at this point allow me to complete all three Tier levels of IT. I was able to go back and see each level of Tiers and had a new respectfully for every level.
Learning Experience
Systems Eng. (Current Employee) –  Springfield, VaMay 28, 2015
I have learned several things while working for NJVC. I learned technical part of computers, cell phones, iphones, IPADS and maintaining databases. I have helped train new employees that arrive on our team. My co-workers are great we work together as one. The most enjoyable part of my job with NJVC is getting appreciation from customers that I have helped with any issues
Pros
Hours, Pay, flexiablity
Average
Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VAMay 3, 2015
Overall the company is probably a little below average.
The co-workers are great.
The company doesn't really seem to want to improve overall.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Probably not a major player for the long-term
Workplace environment
Systems Administrator Associate (Current Employee) –  Springfield, VAApril 14, 2015
It is work nothing big to report. The job is long hours and it does pay shift differential, but it is long work. The people are nice and the work can be easy once you become trained.
job balance
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Vienna, VAMarch 15, 2015
Staying busy and having a satisfied customer. To work with a good team that all have a goal in producing a great product and being profitable.
They have at least two layoffs in the last year
Configuration Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAMarch 8, 2015
NJVC is a ONE contract company, they haven't won any contracts in the past five years. Internal there are a lot of cliques. Management is ineffective at best. No real advancement opportunities, they advertise a lot of internal positions, but they never contact you about other opportunities that you might be a good fit for. I applied for more than 30 internal jobs in the five years I was there, I was only contacted for one of them
Pros
pay is good, bennies are good
Cons
no real leadership from first line managment, to top level management
Employees are very nice
Business Operations Analyst Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VAFebruary 13, 2015
I like my co-workers and how we can work together as a team. I have learned a lot since I have been here. I enjoy working with the people in this company.
Great company!
Systems Administrator IV (Current Employee) –  Vienna, VAJanuary 16, 2015
I've been on board for almost 8 years, and have enjoyed every day coming to work. Great organization, hiring great people to work with.

2.6