NJVC Employee Reviews

Great for entry to mid-level professionals
SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Buckley AFB, COApril 29, 2016
No room for advancement and no employee development. You are expected to only perform the work of your position/billet on the contract. Feedback, assistance, and interest in other areas employee has knowledge and experience with is not desired or welcomed.
One of the better companies.
Systems Administrator(Contractor) (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAFebruary 22, 2016
Good place to work if you can get in. Great environment, only concern would be job security. In my time there I seen enough people get laid off, terminated to cause concern.
Pros
Compensation, environment, co-workers
Cons
Advancement, job security
Professional office enviornment
System Administrator V (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJanuary 17, 2016
Enjoy the challenging job requirements we face each day as we're able to assist users. The management is flexible which makes for a great environment.
would not recommend to friends
Administrative Assistant/Payroll Analyst (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VAOctober 2, 2015
Stress levels are high because no one knows future of the company. Negative environment. Poor management. Lots of work required but little compensation for the average worker. Upper management makes decisions that benefit them and not the rest of the company. Lots of layoffs. Not a good outlook for company's future.
Pros
decent benefits
Cons
high stress, low pay
Administrative Support II (Former Employee) –  Vienna, VAOctober 3, 2015
I greeted visitors also issued badges as well as answering phones. the environment was great and you also had the opportunity to enhance your career.
Pros
stability
Cons
the comute
Learning Experience
Systems Eng. (Current Employee) –  Springfield, VaMay 28, 2015
I have learned several things while working for NJVC. I learned technical part of computers, cell phones, iphones, IPADS and maintaining databases. I have helped train new employees that arrive on our team. My co-workers are great we work together as one. The most enjoyable part of my job with NJVC is getting appreciation from customers that I have helped with any issues
Pros
Hours, Pay, flexiablity
System Engineer (Former Employee) –  St. LouisAugust 12, 2015
Mangement works hard to help you with your goals. A lot of great people and good work and life balance. NJVC keep you busy and productive. Awesome place to work
Pros
Great people, work is great
Cons
contract work, benefits not that great
They have at least two layoffs in the last year
Configuration Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAMarch 8, 2015
NJVC is a ONE contract company, they haven't won any contracts in the past five years. Internal there are a lot of cliques. Management is ineffective at best. No real advancement opportunities, they advertise a lot of internal positions, but they never contact you about other opportunities that you might be a good fit for. I applied for more than 30 internal jobs in the five years I was there, I was only contacted for one of them
Pros
pay is good, bennies are good
Cons
no real leadership from first line managment, to top level management
IT specialist with a lot of cusotmer service responsibilities
Enterprise Service Center Technician (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDMay 28, 2015
Working with NJVC at this point allow me to complete all three Tier levels of IT. I was able to go back and see each level of Tiers and had a new respectfully for every level.
A good place to work
Business Development Director (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VAJuly 19, 2015
The company has a new president so outlook is good. The benefits are very competitive with the market and they have some extremely talented people working there.

Want to know more about NJVC?

Ask a question
Negative, self-centered company
Computer Engineer (Former Employee) –  Washington, D.C.October 9, 2014
This is a very small, poorly ran company.

If you're new to the field, then this may be the place for you to begin and gain experience. However, once you get some time under your belt, position yourself with a larger company who has a business model that will help your succeed and provide job security, rather than wasting valuable overhead money on the management staff.
Pros
little oversight
Cons
poor management, benefits, business model and growth opportunities.
productive and major learning job
Senior Digital Imaging Specialist (Former Employee) –  Vienna, VAJuly 2, 2015
Was a member of company from the beginning like my job but NJVC did not bid on new contract overall review is I enjoyed working there.
Overall good company to work for...
Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VADecember 9, 2014
NJVC was a company that cared about their employees. The work/life benefits, for me, were very good. Apart from that, the company itself was nearing the end of it's 10 year contract. They were in the process of restructuring their business model to attract new contracts but were entering into an arena with heavy competition.
Worst Company with no Ethics at all
Unknown (Former Employee) –  Vienna, VASeptember 10, 2014
This company is the most unethical environment I have ever worked for. The Management is lining thier pockets for when the company goes over. Don't every work in Accounting and Finance, their decision goes with the wind of the Executive Team, and they have the most incompentant staff, down to the leaders.
Cons
favoritism, unethical, lack of communictaion, unhonest/unethical leadership
Run and don't look back
HR Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAJune 26, 2014
NJVC is a sinking ship, again NJVC is a sinking ship. In the last two years of me being with this organization we have lost every single contract we have gone after; NJVC is a one contract organization. All the good workers leave because they realize that NJVC will close its doors shortly. Management sucks! And Sr. Management in HR have no clue what they are doing and way too much nepotism.
Pros
pay
Cons
benefits, growth, poor management
The conferences I ran were informational and some were very entertaining.
Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  Arnold, MOApril 15, 2014
I scheduled and maintained up to 500 conferences daily. I learned all the in's and out's of video teleconferencing. My management was always available and my coworkers were supportive. The hardest part of the job was troubleshooting and maintaining a large (100+ person) conference on the spot. The most enjoyable portion was meeting new people, testing myself under pressure and learning information outside of my job field while listening to conferences.
Pros
networking
Cons
losing government funding for my contracting company
Productive, fun place to work, however lacks the Sr. Leadership to advance the companies goals
PM (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VAOctober 25, 2013
Managers are friendly and understanding creating a flexible work environment that promotes collaboration between employees. However, concerns for the future of the company are valid, and evident by a clear lack of Sr. leadership and direction. Recently cut PTO without almost any communication in advance of the change.
Pros
great employees who are fantastic to work for, nice building and location
Cons
lacking sr. leadership
Worst Company/Job Ever
Unknown (Former Employee) –  Vienna, VAAugust 6, 2013
While at NJVC the culture was horrible. The senior leadership was more interested in building their retirement nest eggs for an early departure then they were in creating a cooperative work environment.

It may be better since they "fixed" their ownership issues but if the work environment is anything like I experienced I would not recommend.

There was no room for advancement and they brought in all of these outsiders from another company to oversee the efforts of those already there. There were a few great people in the organization but they were few and far between and did not include any of the senior leadership.
Cons
poor leadership, no advancement, bad corporate culture
I've been working for this company since October , 2011 an I find that this company is very friendly and customer service oriented.
Workflow Incident Queue Manager (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VAMay 28, 2012
I generally arrive at 0730, I then greet some of my early coworkers who get there early then myself. I then print out my reports and and brief my supervisor on my daily schedule for the day. The hardest part of my job is dealing with difficult customers. Assuming that all my ticket's are caught up, I then proceed to help others who are behind on their work. I enjoy meeting and greeting people from all backgrounds.
Pros
great parking
Cons
a little bit far for my commute.
Excellent location in Reno
Database Administrator (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVDecember 12, 2012
The company has a datacenter in Reno, NV. The expert staff supply incredible support & the overall objective on the company to provide secure datacenter services to the company is thriving.
The director & employees work hard to keep everything on track.
It's great working for a company that has a solid mission & takes care if its employees if you work hard.
I would highly recommend this company.
Pros
the staff

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NJVC. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6