NJVC

NJVC Employee Reviews

Average
Network Engineer (Current Employee), Chantilly, VAMay 3, 2015
Pros: Great pay
Cons: Probably not a major player for the long-term
Overall the company is probably a little below average.
The co-workers are great.
The company doesn't really seem to want to improve overall.
Workplace environment
Systems Administrator Associate (Current Employee), Springfield, VAApril 14, 2015
It is work nothing big to report. The job is long hours and it does pay shift differential, but it is long work. The people are nice and the work can be easy once you become trained.
job balance
Project Manager (Former Employee), Vienna, VAMarch 15, 2015
Staying busy and having a satisfied customer. To work with a good team that all have a goal in producing a great product and being profitable.
They have at least two layoffs in the last year
Configuration Management Specialist (Former Employee), Chantilly, VAMarch 8, 2015
Pros: pay is good, bennies are good
Cons: no real leadership from first line managment, to top level management
NJVC is a ONE contract company, they haven't won any contracts in the past five years. Internal there are a lot of cliques. Management is ineffective at best. No real advancement opportunities, they advertise a lot of internal positions, but they never contact you about other opportunities that you might be a good fit for. I applied for more than 30 internal jobs in the five years I was there, I was only contacted for one of them
Employees are very nice
Business Operations Analyst Specialist (Current Employee), Chantilly, VAFebruary 13, 2015
I like my co-workers and how we can work together as a team. I have learned a lot since I have been here. I enjoy working with the people in this company.
Great company!
Systems Administrator IV (Current Employee), Vienna, VAJanuary 16, 2015
I've been on board for almost 8 years, and have enjoyed every day coming to work. Great organization, hiring great people to work with.
See above
Systems Administrator VI (Current Employee), Chantilly, VAJanuary 13, 2015
Listed information about this company already. Limited customers disconnected management. Not a lot of opportunity outside of primary customer.
NJVC
Senior Project Manager (Current Employee), Chantilly, VAJanuary 12, 2015
A very poorly managed company which has never won a contract of significant value. The one major contract was a directed award and now that it is up for recompete they are unable to win even parts of it.
Overall good company to work for...
Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee), Chantilly, VADecember 9, 2014
NJVC was a company that cared about their employees. The work/life benefits, for me, were very good. Apart from that, the company itself was nearing the end of it's 10 year contract. They were in the process of restructuring their business model to attract new contracts but were entering into an arena with heavy competition.
disconnected management
Project Manager Associate (Current Employee), Chantilly, VANovember 10, 2014
management is disconnected from workers. Most supervisors are hands-off managers so its nice to be able to do your job without being micromanaged.
A great challenge
Contractor to NGA/Bethesda (Former Employee), Vienna, VAOctober 29, 2014
I welcomed any challenge that came my way on a regular basis. It was rewarding to have some good accomplishments while working with this company. I was happy to be able to work with some supportive and helpful individuals.
Negative, self-centered company
Computer Engineer (Former Employee), Washington, D.C.October 9, 2014
Pros: little oversight
Cons: poor management, benefits, business model and growth opportunities.
This is a very small, poorly ran company.

If you're new to the field, then this may be the place for you to begin and gain experience. However, once you get some time under your belt, position yourself with a larger company who has a business model that will help your succeed and provide job security, rather than wasting valuable overhead money on the management staff.
IT Operations & Maintenance
Program Manager, Special Projects Office (Current Employee), Chantilly, VAOctober 2, 2014
Specializes in IT O&S/O&M. Networks, desktops, Help Desk, and Projects.
ArcSight
Lead Advanced Cyber Security operations Specialist (Current Employee), SpringfieldSeptember 30, 2014
I enjoyed being the lead of this team. NJVC gave me a great oppurinty and i ran with it. great company. You will never see a complaint from me with them
Worst Company with no Ethics at all
Unknown (Former Employee), Vienna, VASeptember 10, 2014
Cons: favoritism, unethical, lack of communictaion, unhonest/unethical leadership
This company is the most unethical environment I have ever worked for. The Management is lining thier pockets for when the company goes over. Don't every work in Accounting and Finance, their decision goes with the wind of the Executive Team, and they have the most incompentant staff, down to the leaders.
USAF Member
Project Manager (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOAugust 17, 2014
Pros: study work
Cons: being away from family
Great places to be stationed at. good study work. Was serving my country while getting an education
Nice People, Poor Leadership, No Growth Opportunities
Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee), Springfield, VAJuly 22, 2014
Pros: friendly staff
Cons: no clear future
Overall the people that work at NJVC are very laid back and caring. Nonetheless Upper Management seems to have no vision for the company. It is in the final years of a 15 year non-competitive contract, and you get the sense that this company will no longer exist once the contract terms are complete.

There has been more than 3 rounds of lay offs the past year. Nonetheless, NJVC leadership continues to invest in over paid, previously unemployed business development and program management leaders to drive success. The strategy and vision to expand NJVC is non-existent. They do not have so much as a vision statement or defined market.

The benefits at NJVC are very poor too. Nonetheless, it has attracted a great bunch of people. They have great skills, and are pretty warm. That is why it is so unfortunate that leadership will likely have to let a lot of them go.
Great people, limited contract
Systems Engineer (Former Employee), Chantilly, VAJuly 7, 2014
You will work with and meet some of the finest people, however the company has failed to land significant contracts, and the main contract is nearing the end of it's term.
Run and don't look back
HR Specialist (Former Employee), Chantilly, VAJune 26, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: benefits, growth, poor management
NJVC is a sinking ship, again NJVC is a sinking ship. In the last two years of me being with this organization we have lost every single contract we have gone after; NJVC is a one contract organization. All the good workers leave because they realize that NJVC will close its doors shortly. Management sucks! And Sr. Management in HR have no clue what they are doing and way too much nepotism.
Defense Contractor with multiple locations
IT/IS Systems Integration Engineer (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOMay 17, 2014
Enterprise Management functions on classified government defense systems

1 2 3

About NJVC

An Alaska Native Corporation, Chenega Corporation has gone from landowner to business titan. Founded in 1974 to represent the – Read more

NJVC Salaries