NJVC

NJVC Employer Reviews

Worst Company with no Ethics at all
Unknown (Former Employee), Vienna, VASeptember 10, 2014
Cons: favoritism, unethical, lack of communictaion, unhonest/unethical leadership
This company is the most unethical environment I have ever worked for. The Management is lining thier pockets for when the company goes over. Don't every work in Accounting and Finance, their decision goes with the wind of the Executive Team, and they have the most incompentant staff, down to the leaders.
USAF Member
Project Manager (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOAugust 17, 2014
Pros: study work
Cons: being away from family
Great places to be stationed at. good study work. Was serving my country while getting an education
Nice People, Poor Leadership, No Growth Opportunities
Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee), Springfield, VAJuly 22, 2014
Pros: friendly staff
Cons: no clear future
Overall the people that work at NJVC are very laid back and caring. Nonetheless Upper Management seems to have no vision for the company. It is in the final years of a 15 year non-competitive contract, and you get the sense that this company will no longer exist once the contract terms are complete.

There has been more than 3 rounds of lay offs the – more... past year. Nonetheless, NJVC leadership continues to invest in over paid, previously unemployed business development and program management leaders to drive success. The strategy and vision to expand NJVC is non-existent. They do not have so much as a vision statement or defined market.

The benefits at NJVC are very poor too. Nonetheless, it has attracted a great bunch of people. They have great skills, and are pretty warm. That is why it is so unfortunate that leadership will likely have to let a lot of them go. – less
Great people, limited contract
Systems Engineer (Former Employee), Chantilly, VAJuly 7, 2014
You will work with and meet some of the finest people, however the company has failed to land significant contracts, and the main contract is nearing the end of it's term.
Run and don't look back
HR Specialist (Former Employee), Chantilly, VAJune 26, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: benefits, growth, poor management
NJVC is a sinking ship, again NJVC is a sinking ship. In the last two years of me being with this organization we have lost every single contract we have gone after; NJVC is a one contract organization. All the good workers leave because they realize that NJVC will close its doors shortly. Management sucks! And Sr. Management in HR have no clue what – more... they are doing and way too much nepotism. – less
Defense Contractor with multiple locations
IT/IS Systems Integration Engineer (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOMay 17, 2014
Enterprise Management functions on classified government defense systems
The conferences I ran were informational and some were very entertaining.
Network Engineer (Former Employee), Arnold, MOApril 15, 2014
Pros: networking
Cons: losing government funding for my contracting company
I scheduled and maintained up to 500 conferences daily. I learned all the in's and out's of video teleconferencing. My management was always available and my coworkers were supportive. The hardest part of the job was troubleshooting and maintaining a large (100+ person) conference on the spot. The most enjoyable portion was meeting new people, testing – more... myself under pressure and learning information outside of my job field while listening to conferences. – less
Awesome place to work
Sr. Subcontracts Administrator (Former Employee), Vienna, VAApril 9, 2014
Great organization with unlimited potential for growth. Definitely would re-apply if the commute was better.
n/a
T1. Help desk (ESD Trainer) (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOFebruary 25, 2014
A typical day is working at the call center answering calls ans trouble shooting issues. The help desk has one of the poorest management teams that i have ever worked for.
Overall a good company to work for
Tier 2 Systems Administrator Associate (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: pay
I am fairly compensated for the work I perform. My only gripe is that it seems that management position candidates are often pre-selected, so I personally have found it difficult to cross into the management side of the company.
Good so far...
Help Desk 2 (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOFebruary 13, 2014
Pros: reasonable management staff
Cons: management can be difficult to contact at times
I work with a diverse cross-section of individuals that come together as a team fairly well. Management is reasonable but can be difficult to contact at times.
Productive and gratifying place to work
Digital Imaging Specialist (Former Employee), Arnold MissouriFebruary 6, 2014
Providing valuable information to the men and women in uniform.
Management was understanding of personal needs and always willing to listen and help.
Co-workers were very friendly and hardworkers.
Good Team
Enterprise Help Desk Agent T1/T2 (Current Employee), Springfield, VAJanuary 28, 2014
Working with a diverse work group and customer base, I have learned a lot in my time at NJVC.
Great place to get paid, get experience, then GET OUT
PMO (Current Employee), Chantilly, VAJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: work whenever you want to
Tis company was built on nepotism....which will be the downfall of the company. Management chooses to lay people off based on popularity vs. actual work being done/ethic. People NEVER work 8 hr days and there is ZERO accountability. They pay very well, but it is not worth it being around so many unmotivated people.
Great company
Senior Solutions Architect (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOJanuary 24, 2014
Pros: freedom to pick projects that you want
Cons: government work with the lack of accountability
Great opportunities at this company if you are competitive and have the motivation to excel.
exciting place to work
Logistics Project Manager (Current Employee), Vienna, VAJanuary 21, 2014
very dynamic environment. place flexibility as top priority.
The managers were nice and understanding
Internship - Report to Software Engineer (Former Employee), O'Fallon, ILDecember 30, 2013
I did my internship at NJVC. The managers were nice to work with.
Great contracting company
Enterprise Service Center (Current Employee), St. Louis, MONovember 22, 2013
NJVC was great to work with, as they quickly got me a job at another company. Beyond that not much interaction unless I ever had a problem, which they were quick to resolve!
Not Good Place for a Long-term Career
Corporate Communications Manager (Current Employee), Chantilly, VASeptember 15, 2013
Company with no real direction; existing off the laurels of its one anchor contract (which will end in a few years). Management is distanced and nepotism is rampant. May be a place for a short-term job, but not a long-term career.
Worst Company/Job Ever
Unknown (Former Employee), Vienna, VAAugust 6, 2013
Cons: poor leadership, no advancement, bad corporate culture
While at NJVC the culture was horrible. The senior leadership was more interested in building their retirement nest eggs for an early departure then they were in creating a cooperative work environment.

It may be better since they "fixed" their ownership issues but if the work environment is anything like I experienced I would not recommend.

There – more... was no room for advancement and they brought in all of these outsiders from another company to oversee the efforts of those already there. There were a few great people in the organization but they were few and far between and did not include any of the senior leadership. – less

About NJVC

An Alaska Native Corporation, Chenega Corporation has gone from landowner to business titan. Founded in 1974 to represent the – Read more