NJVC Employee Reviews

System Engineer (Former Employee), St. LouisAugust 12, 2015
Pros: Great people, work is great
Cons: contract work, benefits not that great
Mangement works hard to help you with your goals. A lot of great people and good work and life balance. NJVC keep you busy and productive. Awesome place to work
A good place to work
Business Development Director (Current Employee), Chantilly, VAJuly 19, 2015
The company has a new president so outlook is good. The benefits are very competitive with the market and they have some extremely talented people working there.
productive and major learning job
Senior Digital Imaging Specialist (Former Employee), Vienna, VAJuly 2, 2015
Was a member of company from the beginning like my job but NJVC did not bid on new contract overall review is I enjoyed working there.
IT specialist with a lot of cusotmer service responsibilities
Enterprise Service Center Technician (Former Employee), Bethesda, MDMay 28, 2015
Working with NJVC at this point allow me to complete all three Tier levels of IT. I was able to go back and see each level of Tiers and had a new respectfully for every level.
Learning Experience
Systems Eng. (Current Employee), Springfield, VaMay 28, 2015
Pros: Hours, Pay, flexiablity
I have learned several things while working for NJVC. I learned technical part of computers, cell phones, iphones, IPADS and maintaining databases. I have helped train new employees that arrive on our team. My co-workers are great we work together as one. The most enjoyable part of my job with NJVC is getting appreciation from customers that I have helped with any issues
Average
Network Engineer (Current Employee), Chantilly, VAMay 3, 2015
Pros: Great pay
Cons: Probably not a major player for the long-term
Overall the company is probably a little below average.
The co-workers are great.
The company doesn't really seem to want to improve overall.
Workplace environment
Systems Administrator Associate (Current Employee), Springfield, VAApril 14, 2015
It is work nothing big to report. The job is long hours and it does pay shift differential, but it is long work. The people are nice and the work can be easy once you become trained.
job balance
Project Manager (Former Employee), Vienna, VAMarch 15, 2015
Staying busy and having a satisfied customer. To work with a good team that all have a goal in producing a great product and being profitable.
They have at least two layoffs in the last year
Configuration Management Specialist (Former Employee), Chantilly, VAMarch 8, 2015
Pros: pay is good, bennies are good
Cons: no real leadership from first line managment, to top level management
NJVC is a ONE contract company, they haven't won any contracts in the past five years. Internal there are a lot of cliques. Management is ineffective at best. No real advancement opportunities, they advertise a lot of internal positions, but they never contact you about other opportunities that you might be a good fit for. I applied for more than 30 internal jobs in the five years I was there, I was only contacted for one of them
Employees are very nice
Business Operations Analyst Specialist (Current Employee), Chantilly, VAFebruary 13, 2015
I like my co-workers and how we can work together as a team. I have learned a lot since I have been here. I enjoy working with the people in this company.
Great company!
Systems Administrator IV (Current Employee), Vienna, VAJanuary 16, 2015
I've been on board for almost 8 years, and have enjoyed every day coming to work. Great organization, hiring great people to work with.
See above
Systems Administrator VI (Current Employee), Chantilly, VAJanuary 13, 2015
Listed information about this company already. Limited customers disconnected management. Not a lot of opportunity outside of primary customer.
NJVC
Senior Project Manager (Current Employee), Chantilly, VAJanuary 12, 2015
A very poorly managed company which has never won a contract of significant value. The one major contract was a directed award and now that it is up for recompete they are unable to win even parts of it.
Overall good company to work for...
Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee), Chantilly, VADecember 9, 2014
NJVC was a company that cared about their employees. The work/life benefits, for me, were very good. Apart from that, the company itself was nearing the end of it's 10 year contract. They were in the process of restructuring their business model to attract new contracts but were entering into an arena with heavy competition.
disconnected management
Project Manager Associate (Current Employee), Chantilly, VANovember 10, 2014
management is disconnected from workers. Most supervisors are hands-off managers so its nice to be able to do your job without being micromanaged.
A great challenge
Contractor to NGA/Bethesda (Former Employee), Vienna, VAOctober 29, 2014
I welcomed any challenge that came my way on a regular basis. It was rewarding to have some good accomplishments while working with this company. I was happy to be able to work with some supportive and helpful individuals.
Negative, self-centered company
Computer Engineer (Former Employee), Washington, D.C.October 9, 2014
Pros: little oversight
Cons: poor management, benefits, business model and growth opportunities.
This is a very small, poorly ran company.

If you're new to the field, then this may be the place for you to begin and gain experience. However, once you get some time under your belt, position yourself with a larger company who has a business model that will help your succeed and provide job security, rather than wasting valuable overhead money on the management staff.
IT Operations & Maintenance
Program Manager, Special Projects Office (Current Employee), Chantilly, VAOctober 2, 2014
Specializes in IT O&S/O&M. Networks, desktops, Help Desk, and Projects.
ArcSight
Lead Advanced Cyber Security operations Specialist (Current Employee), SpringfieldSeptember 30, 2014
I enjoyed being the lead of this team. NJVC gave me a great oppurinty and i ran with it. great company. You will never see a complaint from me with them
Worst Company with no Ethics at all
Unknown (Former Employee), Vienna, VASeptember 10, 2014
Cons: favoritism, unethical, lack of communictaion, unhonest/unethical leadership
This company is the most unethical environment I have ever worked for. The Management is lining thier pockets for when the company goes over. Don't every work in Accounting and Finance, their decision goes with the wind of the Executive Team, and they have the most incompentant staff, down to the leaders.