NJVC Employee Reviews

One of the better companies.
Systems Administrator(Contractor) (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAFebruary 22, 2016
Good place to work if you can get in. Great environment, only concern would be job security. In my time there I seen enough people get laid off, terminated to cause concern.
Pros
Compensation, environment, co-workers
Cons
Advancement, job security
would not recommend to friends
Administrative Assistant/Payroll Analyst (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VAOctober 2, 2015
Stress levels are high because no one knows future of the company. Negative environment. Poor management. Lots of work required but little compensation for the average worker. Upper management makes decisions that benefit them and not the rest of the company. Lots of layoffs. Not a good outlook for company's future.
Pros
decent benefits
Cons
high stress, low pay
Professional office enviornment
System Administrator V (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJanuary 17, 2016
Enjoy the challenging job requirements we face each day as we're able to assist users. The management is flexible which makes for a great environment.
Great for entry to mid-level professionals
SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Buckley AFB, COApril 29, 2016
No room for advancement and no employee development. You are expected to only perform the work of your position/billet on the contract. Feedback, assistance, and interest in other areas employee has knowledge and experience with is not desired or welcomed.
Nice People, Poor Leadership, No Growth Opportunities
Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Springfield, VAJuly 22, 2014
Overall the people that work at NJVC are very laid back and caring. Nonetheless Upper Management seems to have no vision for the company. It is in the final years of a 15 year non-competitive contract, and you get the sense that this company will no longer exist once the contract terms are complete.

There has been more than 3 rounds of lay offs the past year. Nonetheless, NJVC leadership continues to invest in over paid, previously unemployed business development and program management leaders to drive success. The strategy and vision to expand NJVC is non-existent. They do not have so much as a vision statement or defined market.

The benefits at NJVC are very poor too. Nonetheless, it has attracted a great bunch of people. They have great skills, and are pretty warm. That is why it is so unfortunate that leadership will likely have to let a lot of them go.
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
no clear future
Was great when I started there, but has gone down hill since.
Lithographic Imaging Specialist (Former Employee) –  Arnold, MOAugust 2, 2012
I loved working with the company when I started working there. They had great benefits, and had a flexible schedule so I could take classes at the local college when I needed. The longer I worked there the fewer benefits we received, and they've been taking way benefits. We used to have a profit sharing program, and had sick leave but these are no longer offered.

I've worked in multiple departments over my seven years with the company, and some departments are better then others. In one area I worked in didn't allow breaks, and I have even gotten yelled at for using the restroom. Where others allow you to take breaks when you need them. It all depends on your local management. No matter where I worked I found it difficult to work with the front line management, and communication with some of them is difficult.
Pros
ten paid holidays, supports higher education
Cons
poor comunication with management, no advancement options
Negative, self-centered company
Computer Engineer (Former Employee) –  Washington, D.C.October 9, 2014
This is a very small, poorly ran company.

If you're new to the field, then this may be the place for you to begin and gain experience. However, once you get some time under your belt, position yourself with a larger company who has a business model that will help your succeed and provide job security, rather than wasting valuable overhead money on the management staff.
Pros
little oversight
Cons
poor management, benefits, business model and growth opportunities.
They have at least two layoffs in the last year
Configuration Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAMarch 8, 2015
NJVC is a ONE contract company, they haven't won any contracts in the past five years. Internal there are a lot of cliques. Management is ineffective at best. No real advancement opportunities, they advertise a lot of internal positions, but they never contact you about other opportunities that you might be a good fit for. I applied for more than 30 internal jobs in the five years I was there, I was only contacted for one of them
Pros
pay is good, bennies are good
Cons
no real leadership from first line managment, to top level management
A good place to work
Business Development Director (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VAJuly 19, 2015
The company has a new president so outlook is good. The benefits are very competitive with the market and they have some extremely talented people working there.
Worst Company/Job Ever
Unknown (Former Employee) –  Vienna, VAAugust 6, 2013
While at NJVC the culture was horrible. The senior leadership was more interested in building their retirement nest eggs for an early departure then they were in creating a cooperative work environment.

It may be better since they "fixed" their ownership issues but if the work environment is anything like I experienced I would not recommend.

There was no room for advancement and they brought in all of these outsiders from another company to oversee the efforts of those already there. There were a few great people in the organization but they were few and far between and did not include any of the senior leadership.
Cons
poor leadership, no advancement, bad corporate culture
Administrative Support II (Former Employee) –  Vienna, VAOctober 3, 2015
I greeted visitors also issued badges as well as answering phones. the environment was great and you also had the opportunity to enhance your career.
Pros
stability
Cons
the comute
System Engineer (Former Employee) –  St. LouisAugust 12, 2015
Mangement works hard to help you with your goals. A lot of great people and good work and life balance. NJVC keep you busy and productive. Awesome place to work
Pros
Great people, work is great
Cons
contract work, benefits not that great
Run and don't look back
HR Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAJune 26, 2014
NJVC is a sinking ship, again NJVC is a sinking ship. In the last two years of me being with this organization we have lost every single contract we have gone after; NJVC is a one contract organization. All the good workers leave because they realize that NJVC will close its doors shortly. Management sucks! And Sr. Management in HR have no clue what they are doing and way too much nepotism.
Pros
pay
Cons
benefits, growth, poor management
Not Good Place for a Long-term Career
Corporate Communications Manager (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VASeptember 15, 2013
Company with no real direction; existing off the laurels of its one anchor contract (which will end in a few years). Management is distanced and nepotism is rampant. May be a place for a short-term job, but not a long-term career.
The conferences I ran were informational and some were very entertaining.
Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  Arnold, MOApril 15, 2014
I scheduled and maintained up to 500 conferences daily. I learned all the in's and out's of video teleconferencing. My management was always available and my coworkers were supportive. The hardest part of the job was troubleshooting and maintaining a large (100+ person) conference on the spot. The most enjoyable portion was meeting new people, testing myself under pressure and learning information outside of my job field while listening to conferences.
Pros
networking
Cons
losing government funding for my contracting company
Flexibility, Innovation
Senior Communications Leader (Current Employee) –  Vienna, VANovember 10, 2012
High level of flexibility to be innovative, but no room for advancement. Recent layoffs.
Pros
work/life balance / flex schedules
Cons
don't post all jobs, instead employees are hand-picked
Overall good company to work for...
Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VADecember 9, 2014
NJVC was a company that cared about their employees. The work/life benefits, for me, were very good. Apart from that, the company itself was nearing the end of it's 10 year contract. They were in the process of restructuring their business model to attract new contracts but were entering into an arena with heavy competition.
Workplace environment
Systems Administrator Associate (Current Employee) –  Springfield, VAApril 14, 2015
It is work nothing big to report. The job is long hours and it does pay shift differential, but it is long work. The people are nice and the work can be easy once you become trained.
Very siloed organization; need more management accountability
Quality Assurance/Process Improvement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Vienna, VAFebruary 13, 2013
This Organization can do big things but they need the right amount of leadership accoutability. When the culture changes to more customer focus they will grow exponentially.
Worst Company with no Ethics at all
Unknown (Former Employee) –  Vienna, VASeptember 10, 2014
This company is the most unethical environment I have ever worked for. The Management is lining thier pockets for when the company goes over. Don't every work in Accounting and Finance, their decision goes with the wind of the Executive Team, and they have the most incompentant staff, down to the leaders.
Cons
favoritism, unethical, lack of communictaion, unhonest/unethical leadership

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NJVC. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6