NLC Loans Employee Reviews

Fired for no reason
Licensed Mortgage Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Independence, OHAugust 1, 2017
I worked here for 4 months. Passed my safe test got my license and started taking leads. I took leads for about a month or so and then one day after lunch one of my manager came up to me. Asked me to come to the office and fired me with no warning or reason. They said it wasnt any fault of mine and my termination was not for cause they were reorginizing the compnay. Nlc is a sweat shop avoid it they will fire you with no warning or reason.
Pros
Long lunch
Cons
No management. No orginization. Randomly fire people
NLC Loans
IT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Independence, OHJuly 17, 2017
Many opportunities. Interesting work culture. Validated that strategic direction is necessary for projects to succeed. State of the art technology.
Pros
work/life balance
Cons
lack of strategic direction
Horrible
Processor (Former Employee) –  Florida State, FLJuly 12, 2017
I can't say enough bad things. They lie they cheat and they "make things work" as long as you're giving gifts. Upper management is a joke. DO NOT waste your time!!
Wonderful Growing Company
license Ohio State Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Middleburg Heights, OHJuly 7, 2017
This company trained me into the sales person I am today. I started with them at the bottom and they believed in me and trained me to be a top loan officer. They are constantly looking at ways to grow their business and provide amble support. The owners are very smart business men and will do great things for you and your family.
Enjoyble
Loan Officer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXJune 23, 2017
good place to work all managers are their to help you, very fast pace but laid back as long as you stayed on top of you work. Big office with lots of employees
no direction, little focus on tech
Data analyst (Former Employee) –  Rocky River, OHJune 13, 2017
Great for sales, but technical skill was not the focus during most of my employment. I have heard that this has changed with new management, but I have few fond memories.
IT (Current Employee) –  Independence, OHMay 21, 2017
The company culture is great so it's easy to talk to people. Everyone is relaxed and easy to get along with. Management is laid back for the most part. The company is young so at times it seems like management is just throwing stuff at the wall and seeing what sticks which can be frustrating so ideas change frequently. What one person runs with on Monday will be completely different by Friday. Another thing is that people move a lot. If you don't like your current desk, just wait 4 months and you'll be moved to a new desk. Even though it's a small company, it's highly siloed though the silos blur together at times. Overall though, it's great.
Pros
Great people, long lunches
Cons
Management is hoping whatever they're doing works and if it doesn't, they can abruptly change course on you; pay is on the low side
Still growing in Texas
Mortgage Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 20, 2017
The office has a family feel and once they start getting actual producing loan officers they should do well. After the other office was closed they were able to acquire some of the Loan Officers from that office so they may be able to produce more in the near future.

I would recommend this office to someone looking for common sense underwriters that are approachable. Once you learn their system the process is very workable.
Pros
Good benefits, good processing system that is always evolving
Cons
Some growing pains yet in the training.
3 years strong
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  OhioApril 25, 2017
Making the decision to join a relatively unknown mortgage bank back in 2014, coming from a large corporation, was very scary. I can honestly say that it was the best move of my career. Great support, up to date technology, real live sales leads.. no cold calling. I love it!
Pros
Flexible schedule, flat management structure, unlimited live leads, excellent benefits... faster than normal closing times
Cons
Smaller company with limited brand recognition
good atmosphere
Home savings analyst (Former Employee) –  Independence, OHApril 12, 2017
learned alot of information
management needs an upgrade
they promised a salary then changed it one month later to a lower pay.
there was a structure still being worked so growing pains within the company makes you adapt quickly
Pros
good atmospehere
Cons
bad structure
Challenging work enviornment
Assistant Processor (Current Employee) –  Fairlawn, OHFebruary 7, 2017
One thing about the mortgage business, no two days will ever be the same. Days are fast paced and hectic, but the atmosphere is up beat and co workers feel like family.
Pros
relaxed atmosphere
Poor Work Environment
Pre-Fund Auditor (Former Employee) –  Independence, OHFebruary 2, 2017
No effort at team building. Poor communications. Insensitive to employee needs. My supervisor communicated very little with me. She never provided any feedback on my performance and then out of the blue terminated me, giving be absolutely no reason. Turn over among underwriters was through the roof.
Cons
Required that you take a full 1 hr lunch every day
Senior Mortgage Consultant (Former Employee) –  Middleburg Heights, OHFebruary 2, 2017
I enjoyed my time at NLC and would recommend this company. I worked at the Middleburg Heights location and the managers are very down to earth and fair.
Pros
great opportunity to make $$
Cons
sometimes merit isn't recognized
n/a
I wish not to disclose (Current Employee) –  Independence, OHDecember 27, 2016
Company culture is great, there's alot of changes which is good thing there's always an opportunity for advancement company listens to employees needs
RUN while you can!!!!
Home Savings Analyst (Former Employee) –  Independence, OHDecember 3, 2016
This is honestly a terrible place to work. Management is clueless to what is going on and they do not know how to communicate at all. We had meetings not to post reviews on Glassdoor and sites like this. Management only cares about numbers and not quality. They would rather have you send bad leads over to LO's just so it looks like we have more "transfers." This wastes the LO's time and makes no sense. Reward your employees for quality work and stop micro-managing!
Pros
co-workers are nice
Cons
too many to list
This company will lie to you and waste your time
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Independence, OHOctober 28, 2016
This is a call center where you call and harass people all day and night. They claim that these people want you to call them, but you just didn't talk to them right. Trust me spend your time making honest money, not harassing people or calling and asking for spouses and relatives who have died years prior and DO NEED ANY KIND OF A MORTGAGE. If I could take this experience back I would.
Pros
Long lunches
Cons
You get yelled at and cursed at by the people you are harrassing
Hard Works pays off with Big $$$$$$$$
Sales Trainee (Current Employee) –  Independence, OHSeptember 30, 2016
You are afforded every opportunity to succeed and make a ton of cash. The paid training that is provided to you ensures you are compensated and provided with every little tid bit of knowledge you need to be a successful loan originator
Pros
Positive environment and willingness of help from fellow employees and managers
Cons
The snacks chips and donuts in the break room increasing my waist line
Great Environment
Sales (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 28, 2016
If your looking for a great place to work and advance your career NLC is the place to be. There has been unbelievable growth over the past two years and they are not looking back.

I've been in the business for a few years now and I can say without a doubt that this is my home. Ownership and management has proven on numerous occasions that if you are willing to work hard you will be rewarded. Work life balance is also something that is very important at NLC. I've seen us rally around employees and their families in challenging times that would only prove we are one big family. I would recommend if your looking to kick start your career you will not be disappointed!
Pros
Great Compensation
Management genuinely cares
Loan Officer (Current Employee) –  Corporate officeSeptember 28, 2016
NLC loans is the first lender that I have worked for, and I have worked for a few, that genuinely seems to care about their employees quality of life. This is evident not only in their very competitive pay structure, their flexible schedule, and their continued efforts to improve the work environment for our employees. Management works directly with sales, processing, underwriting and all other departments not only to make our process better but also make life easier for our employees. I have been with NLC for almost a year and genuinely enjoy coming to work every day.
Pros
flexible schedule, high earning potential, career advancement opportunity with a growing company
Hard work = great compensation
Call Center and Loan Officer (Current Employee) –  Independence, OHSeptember 26, 2016
If you work hard and apply yourself you have an amazing opportunity. If you are looking to be part of a growing company that seeks to help people then this is your home.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NLC Loans. Our community is ready to answer.