nLIGHT

nLIGHT Employee Reviews

Privately Held - growth challenges
Program Manager (Former Employee), Vancouver, WADecember 29, 2014
Pros: good staff
Cons: disjointed leadership
Privately held - growth challenges. The leadership was centric to the Vancouver office, yet was challenged to manage multiple sites in multiple countries.

The staff were well educated and knowledgeable about the technology and packaging applications.
Something new to learn everyday.
Sr. Test Engineering Technician (Current Employee), Hillsboro, ORMay 24, 2014
nLight is a private company that leads the world market in optical laser systems, fiber, equipment and parts for multiple industries.

On a normal day I walk my product lines to ensure equipment is operational. – more... If problems occur, I assess the situation, diagnose, repair, determine root cause and provide continuous improvements solutions to prevent line down situations.

Perform Internal/external calibrations preventative maintenance on laser optical measurement equipment. Work on projects that involve multiple team members from different departments to achieve goals that exceed customer satisfaction.

Develop/update and upgrade new test stations. Document ongoing work and report metrics to management teams.

The people at nLight are my family and are great to work with everyday. We are all educated professionals with specialized talents and unique abilities in the laser optical fields. We rely on each other and really have good times reaching our milestones. – less
Great place to work for
not challenging enough
the people
Needs better management
Manufacturing Operator I (Former Employee), Vancouver, WAOctober 7, 2013
I enjoyed to work with co-workers. The management on the other hand was not as good as other companies I worked for. I did learn about how lasers work and are assembled. I did receive a ton of experience working at NLight, but did not have the opportunity to grow with the company.
Fun and nice coworkers, not so great managment
Manufacturing Operator (Former Employee), Vancouver, WADecember 6, 2012
Pros: lunch delivered and breaks when you want them.
Cons: unoragnised and uneducated
Fun place to work if you have the right bosses, but most of them arn't really sure what their doing. Enginiers are constantly having to fly back to their contries to get green cards re-enstated that you get stuck for a week with people telling you how to do somethign that they don't even know how to do. No advancement possible.
Diverse workplace with varied cultures all working towards the same goals
Accountant/Payroll Manager/Human Resources (Former Employee), Vancouver, WAJune 10, 2012
Pros: amazing benefits and educational opportunities
Cons: no open door policy for communication
Worked in all areas of accounting - payroll, AP, AR, and human resources. Processed multi-state payroll for 300+ employees. Handled all areas of human resources, new employee orientation, training and – more... relocation services. Processed order entry, purchasing, planning and bill of material implementation in the company's MRP software. Processed numerous reports in accounting, CRM and MRP systems. Responsible for planning of company functions as well as community efforts on behalf of the organization. – less

About nLIGHT

nLIGHT is a vertically integrated supplier of high-performance lasers that enable innovation in materials processing, defense, – Read more