nLIGHT Employee Reviews

Productive environment and outgoing coworkers
Manufacturing Operator I (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WADecember 16, 2015
A typical work day at nLIGHT Photonics consists of multiple processes required to produce high powered semiconductor lasers. I have learned what is necessary and how much team effort it takes to create such an amazing final product. The management at nLIGHT is fantastic. The managers always care for the needs of the entire teem and always make sure those needs are met. My coworkers are very outgoing, productive, and will not hesitate to help somebody or learn something new. The hardest part about this job is working 12 hour shifts in the same environment every day, but we have four 15 minute breaks and a half an hour lunch as well as three and four day weekends.
Pros
Great break room, free coffee, ability to order lunch, great people, long weekends, and great benefits.
Cons
12 hour shifts and same work environment every day
I Love my job
Receiving Clerk (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WADecember 16, 2015
nLight is a great place to work. Great benefits from the day you start.
Everyone there is awesome. This is a job that you love to wake up to.
amazing workplace with amazing people
Technician II (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAApril 23, 2015
at nlight I started testing single emitter lasers then moved onto packaging these semi-conductor lasers into more powerful applications.
I learned how to use computer programs like excel, word, labview, and became well versed in 5S and six sigma.
fast passed company that was well organized.
co-workers were fantastic, always having out of work get togethers. very close knit.
I am an outdoors, labor type of person and it was hard for me to sit in a cleanroom and not seeing the daylight all day. I was young and restless. I enjoyed the way the company valued its people.
Pros
great people
Privately Held - growth challenges
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WADecember 29, 2014
Privately held - growth challenges. The leadership was centric to the Vancouver office, yet was challenged to manage multiple sites in multiple countries.

The staff were well educated and knowledgeable about the technology and packaging applications.
Pros
good staff
Cons
disjointed leadership
Something new to learn everyday.
Sr. Test Engineering Technician (Current Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORMay 24, 2014
nLight is a private company that leads the world market in optical laser systems, fiber, equipment and parts for multiple industries.

On a normal day I walk my product lines to ensure equipment is operational. If problems occur, I assess the situation, diagnose, repair, determine root cause and provide continuous improvements solutions to prevent line down situations.

Perform Internal/external calibrations preventative maintenance on laser optical measurement equipment. Work on projects that involve multiple team members from different departments to achieve goals that exceed customer satisfaction.

Develop/update and upgrade new test stations. Document ongoing work and report metrics to management teams.

The people at nLight are my family and are great to work with everyday. We are all educated professionals with specialized talents and unique abilities in the laser optical fields. We rely on each other and really have good times reaching our milestones.
Great place to work for
not challenging enough
the people
Needs better management
Manufacturing Operator I (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAOctober 7, 2013
I enjoyed to work with co-workers. The management on the other hand was not as good as other companies I worked for. I did learn about how lasers work and are assembled. I did receive a ton of experience working at NLight, but did not have the opportunity to grow with the company.
Fun and nice coworkers, not so great managment
Manufacturing Operator (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WADecember 6, 2012
Fun place to work if you have the right bosses, but most of them arn't really sure what their doing. Enginiers are constantly having to fly back to their contries to get green cards re-enstated that you get stuck for a week with people telling you how to do somethign that they don't even know how to do. No advancement possible.
Pros
lunch delivered and breaks when you want them.
Cons
unoragnised and uneducated
Diverse workplace with varied cultures all working towards the same goals
Accountant/Payroll Manager/Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJune 10, 2012
Worked in all areas of accounting - payroll, AP, AR, and human resources. Processed multi-state payroll for 300+ employees. Handled all areas of human resources, new employee orientation, training and relocation services. Processed order entry, purchasing, planning and bill of material implementation in the company's MRP software. Processed numerous reports in accounting, CRM and MRP systems. Responsible for planning of company functions as well as community efforts on behalf of the organization.
Pros
amazing benefits and educational opportunities
Cons
no open door policy for communication