NMS Healthcare Employee Reviews

Employee
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Hyattsville, MDOctober 24, 2016
They provide two weeks of training. Good place to get experience and the managers are very helpful. Not properly staffed so the workload is a lot.
It was an interesting place to work.
Receptionist/Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hyattsville, MDOctober 10, 2016
I worked every evening at the front desk, making sure every visitor that came into the nursing home was registered into a log in book before they went to see their family members. After a year of working at NMS, I had taken GNA classes which were provided by the conpany to receive my GNA license.
Terrible
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hyattsville, MDOctober 10, 2016
The absolute WORST place to work out!!! Always short staffed, overworked & underpaid, cheap raises, no overtime, hardly any teamwork, & poor management.
Pros
$1 lunch
Training ground
LPN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Hyattsville, MDSeptember 20, 2016
I love the company so much,they will train you in all fields and tech you if you want to learn. The DON is very good. Just the managers hired everywhere, my only issues is that they will not pay u all ur worked hours. They will make u leave ur work area earlier the next day to make up any overtime u want to accumulate. It is really bad for nurses. Sometimes u will have addimission that u have to finish, but the supervisor will tell u to clock out and finish or go home. Really, not finishing ur addimission and put ur license on the line?.
Pros
Cheap good lunch
Cons
Dont pay u all ur worked hours
Productive and nice day and people
Volunteer Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Hyattsville, MDMay 30, 2016
A typical day at work was just making sure all the residents in the elderly home were comfortable and fed. Volunteering at this elderly home helped me get better with my patience and being thankful for everything that I have while I have it. My co workers were very kind and always had a smile on their face, they never had any problem explaining things to me and they always made sure I was ok. My job was not hard to me at all, every thing was very basic and easy. The most enjoyable part of my volunteer work was getting to know all of the nice elderly people. Of course some of them were not the nicest people but for the majority of the people everyone was nice. I also enjoyed helping them with anything they asked me for.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
The food sometimes was nasty
Too much work.Pay not good
Aide Assistant (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDMay 9, 2016
There is alot of work that needs to be done.No teamwork.To many supervisors with no help.The to do list is unrealistic and anyone saying different is a supervisor.
Pros
Patients
Cons
To much work for little compensation
understanding patients facts and opinions at work
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hyattsville, MDMarch 13, 2016
A typical day at work for me his communicate with the patients,
i have learn patience is the greatest task u can perform in case like this ,poor management can affect the ability to perform task in the healthcare environment ,my own experience co-workers always lack of knowledge ,skills ,responsibility ,mislead protocol in work place .the hardest part of the job is co-worker ,the enjoyable part of the job is helping the patient and taking care of the needs .
Pros
patients care
Cons
patients always right
Horrible Place to Work - Hostile Work Environment
Employee (Former Employee) –  Hyattsville, MDFebruary 9, 2016
Owner and VP are disrespectful of the patients and employees . The owner swears at employees and uses intimidation and threats. Employees are over worked, under paid and stressed to the max. They do not care. Expectations are ridiculous. Management does not listen. Employees are not paid for the overtime they work. Nothing ever gets better. Nursing assistants care for over 20 patients. There are zero rewards for doing a good job. Documentation is made up to pass survey.
Cons
over worked
Diverse and friendly staff
MD Problem Resolution Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hyattsville, MDSeptember 21, 2015
Productive environment, willing to train staff for advancement. Upper management is fine within the corporate staff however management within the Business Office easily intimidated by experinced new hires. Not much by the way of job security but the staff is fun to work with and you generally enjoy your day. Very diverse and friendly staff.
productive and informative
Oracle Database Administrator (Current Employee) –  Hyattsville, MDAugust 24, 2015
The work environment is really comfortable and fun. the load of work is distributed fairly. At the end of the week my colleague and I entertain each other by staying indoor playing video games or play sport outdoors.
Good team work.
LPN CHARGE NURSE (Current Employee) –  Annapolis, MDJune 16, 2015
Patuxant River is a very nice place to work with team work at its best.Supervisors are very help full.The hardest part about the job however is the management approach which i can describe as poor or sometimes hostile.
Definitely not one of Washington's top places to work... AT ALL
Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Hyattsville, MDMay 4, 2015
This is such a shady place to work. I wouldn't even let my family stay here as patients. They try to milk new patients for all there 100 Medicare days. Administration is not supportive and does not have anyones best interest, except their own pockets. Oh, and since when a GNA license the equivalent of a college degree?! Name badges lie and nothing is what it seems. I have no idea how they are still in business.
Pros
Cons
everything
Team work, fun, and loving
Geriatric Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hyattsville, MDApril 20, 2015
A typical day at work is putting the patients needs first doing ADL and saying on task until your time is out. Management is important in working to balance yourself so you won't over work yourself, my co-worker is helpful, funny, team player, and loving. The hardest part of the job is that when you don't have any help and you are doing the work all by your self, the most enjoyable part of the job is when you team up to get the work done work goes smooth and faster.
Geriatric Nursing Assistant (PT) (Current Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDMarch 9, 2015
Good place to work but lacks growth for lower positions. I learnt how to work with angry clients and resolve conflicts with other service providers. They do not appreciate their workers
Very intense and sporadic job experience.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDJanuary 30, 2015
Revolving door with numerous unstable patients. Police involvement in psycho-active patients on a monthly basis. Supplies are very limited and of a poor quality. Management creates atmosphere of fear and one can be fired spontaneously.
good company
Occupational Therapist (Current Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDNovember 18, 2014
Excellent company
Working here is fun filled and enjoying. You work with a passion and you are treated equally
Great place to work with good gna's
Geriatric Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDOctober 28, 2014
The gna/s I work with on a daily basis are wonderful people. We all take pride in our work. Out typical day is usuall very busy, with taking care of our residents. They come first. The hardest part of the job is losing a patient you love. Getting to know your patients is the best part.
Pros
Lunches for $1 and they are really good
Cons
Insurance benefits
Good place to start a carrier
RN (Former Employee) –  Hyattsville, MDJuly 11, 2014
-Atypical day at work start from 830 -530 with 30 minutes launch break.

-improved my clinical knowledge and how to work in a health care setting cooperating with nurses and physicians.

-co-workers are nice in general as well as the management.
Pros
1 $ Launch
Cons
Job security
not a good place to work/Annapolis location
Gna (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDJuly 3, 2014
First of all this is my first time writing a review about a former employer.
Run for your life if you can: because you will lose your professional license, reputation if you decide to work for that place. Nursing staff needs to be replaced, nurses will not tell you if a patient is on isolation
Then you have to take your garbage outside and the dirty linen to the laundry room. Also there's no teamwork whatsoever. Patients are mistreated. I don't have anything good to say about that place. Worst place to work!
Just take my advice do not work there.
plus They're pay rate is below average.
Pros
Cons
low pay rate, unsafe environment
Productive and Social profession
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Hyattsville, MDJune 16, 2014
From the second I clock in, I am asked various questions from visitors, patients and even employees. I solve any problems that they may have and make sure that it gets done by the time i leave and finish my shift. The hardest part of my job is keeping the patients calm because some of them are not fully aware. The most enjoyable part of the job is making sure they are fully taken care of and satisfied with our services.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NMS Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8