NMS Healthcare Employee Reviews

Horrible Experience
Admissions Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDNovember 10, 2017
A great place to work if you have no heart. Staff places bets on when patients will die. They also joke about patients getting hurt. Management is terrible. This place has gone through 5 Admissions Coordinators in less than two years.
Pros
Food.
Cons
Poor management, Poor Maintenance, Poor care for residents, They have a J strike from the state for mistreating residents
Stressful
GNA/CNA (Former Employee) –  Springbrook, MDOctober 17, 2017
If you can handle working working as a GNA or Nurse here, then you can work in any other facility no matter how difficult it is. Workload is too much for the pay, limited supplies and always short of staffs making other staffs work too hard.
Pros
$1 lunch
Cons
Too stressful
Nice place to work, just do you work
It Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDOctober 11, 2017
Good starter IT training , IT Boss is the best person to learn from
flexible work times no weekends. stuff can be nice, make sure you keep up with you time card
Pros
1$ lunch
Cons
to many chif
a very professional healthcare experience
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDJuly 31, 2017
Observed and documented patient status and reported patient complaints to the registered
nurse. Completed and submitted clinical documentation in accordance with agency
guidelines. Read and recorded temperature, pulse and respiration. Charted daily
information on the residents such as mood changes, mobility activity, eating percentages,
and daily inputs and outputs.
Pros
love caring and helping people
Cons
to far from where i currently live
Opportunity
Social Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Hyattsville, MDJuly 13, 2017
Administration needs improvement. The responsibilities add on but nothing is removed so the expectations are absurd. You can move up in the company but you get exploited.
Nice work environment
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDJune 23, 2017
Love all my residents and coworkers love what i do and everyone works as a team. Very nice facility and located in a nice area. Wish it could have stayed open.
Family type atmosphere. Friendly co-workers
Human Resources Manager (Current Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDJune 20, 2017
Great family of coworkers. Lots of opportunity for advancement. Great recognition. Have been very innovative in the nursing home environment, as they created a ventilator unit with bedside dialysis. State of the art facility
Nms
Student Intern (Former Employee) –  Hyattsville, MD 20782June 11, 2017
I really didn't enjoy here because it was a setting that I didn't enjoy. I've always wanted to work in an outpatient physical therapy clinic so working here was stressful and temporary.
Very stressfull
Geriatric Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Social services assistantMay 29, 2017
Don't recommend this place to work. Friendly staff that are awesome to work with but administration staff does not keep workers well informed with facility happenings.
Wonderful experiencec
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hyattsville, MDMarch 27, 2017
Loved the staff and patients it was always filled.with care and they always was flexible ND helpful felt like a true work home look forward to going back in due time
Great start
LPN Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDDecember 29, 2016
You will be prepared to handle anything after working here. Wonderful coworkers, limited supplies, high acuity patients great knowledge to be gained. I've learned to budget due to limited income and no over time, but other locations to work at.
Employee
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Hyattsville, MDOctober 24, 2016
They provide two weeks of training. Good place to get experience and the managers are very helpful. Not properly staffed so the workload is a lot.
It was an interesting place to work.
Receptionist/Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hyattsville, MDOctober 10, 2016
I worked every evening at the front desk, making sure every visitor that came into the nursing home was registered into a log in book before they went to see their family members. After a year of working at NMS, I had taken GNA classes which were provided by the conpany to receive my GNA license.
Terrible
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hyattsville, MDOctober 10, 2016
The absolute WORST place to work out!!! Always short staffed, overworked & underpaid, cheap raises, no overtime, hardly any teamwork, & poor management.
Pros
$1 lunch
Training ground
LPN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Hyattsville, MDSeptember 20, 2016
I love the company so much,they will train you in all fields and tech you if you want to learn. The DON is very good. Just the managers hired everywhere, my only issues is that they will not pay u all ur worked hours. They will make u leave ur work area earlier the next day to make up any overtime u want to accumulate. It is really bad for nurses. Sometimes u will have addimission that u have to finish, but the supervisor will tell u to clock out and finish or go home. Really, not finishing ur addimission and put ur license on the line?.
Pros
Cheap good lunch
Cons
Dont pay u all ur worked hours
Productive and nice day and people
Volunteer Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Hyattsville, MDMay 30, 2016
A typical day at work was just making sure all the residents in the elderly home were comfortable and fed. Volunteering at this elderly home helped me get better with my patience and being thankful for everything that I have while I have it. My co workers were very kind and always had a smile on their face, they never had any problem explaining things to me and they always made sure I was ok. My job was not hard to me at all, every thing was very basic and easy. The most enjoyable part of my volunteer work was getting to know all of the nice elderly people. Of course some of them were not the nicest people but for the majority of the people everyone was nice. I also enjoyed helping them with anything they asked me for.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
The food sometimes was nasty
Too much work.Pay not good
Aide Assistant (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDMay 9, 2016
There is alot of work that needs to be done.No teamwork.To many supervisors with no help.The to do list is unrealistic and anyone saying different is a supervisor.
Pros
Patients
Cons
To much work for little compensation
understanding patients facts and opinions at work
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hyattsville, MDMarch 13, 2016
A typical day at work for me his communicate with the patients,
i have learn patience is the greatest task u can perform in case like this ,poor management can affect the ability to perform task in the healthcare environment ,my own experience co-workers always lack of knowledge ,skills ,responsibility ,mislead protocol in work place .the hardest part of the job is co-worker ,the enjoyable part of the job is helping the patient and taking care of the needs .
Pros
patients care
Cons
patients always right
Horrible Place to Work - Hostile Work Environment
Employee (Former Employee) –  Hyattsville, MDFebruary 9, 2016
Owner and VP are disrespectful of the patients and employees . The owner swears at employees and uses intimidation and threats. Employees are over worked, under paid and stressed to the max. They do not care. Expectations are ridiculous. Management does not listen. Employees are not paid for the overtime they work. Nothing ever gets better. Nursing assistants care for over 20 patients. There are zero rewards for doing a good job. Documentation is made up to pass survey.
Cons
over worked
Diverse and friendly staff
MD Problem Resolution Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hyattsville, MDSeptember 21, 2015
Productive environment, willing to train staff for advancement. Upper management is fine within the corporate staff however management within the Business Office easily intimidated by experinced new hires. Not much by the way of job security but the staff is fun to work with and you generally enjoy your day. Very diverse and friendly staff.