NMS Healthcare Employee Reviews

productive and informative
Oracle Database Administrator (Current Employee) –  Hyattsville, MDAugust 24, 2015
The work environment is really comfortable and fun. the load of work is distributed fairly. At the end of the week my colleague and I entertain each other by staying indoor playing video games or play sport outdoors.
Good team work.
LPN CHARGE NURSE (Current Employee) –  Annapolis, MDJune 16, 2015
Patuxant River is a very nice place to work with team work at its best.Supervisors are very help full.The hardest part about the job however is the management approach which i can describe as poor or sometimes hostile.
Definitely not one of Washington's top places to work... AT ALL
Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Hyattsville, MDMay 4, 2015
This is such a shady place to work. I wouldn't even let my family stay here as patients. They try to milk new patients for all there 100 Medicare days. Administration is not supportive and does not have anyones best interest, except their own pockets. Oh, and since when a GNA license the equivalent of a college degree?! Name badges lie and nothing is what it seems. I have no idea how they are still in business.
Pros
Cons
everything
Team work, fun, and loving
Geriatric Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hyattsville, MDApril 20, 2015
A typical day at work is putting the patients needs first doing ADL and saying on task until your time is out. Management is important in working to balance yourself so you won't over work yourself, my co-worker is helpful, funny, team player, and loving. The hardest part of the job is that when you don't have any help and you are doing the work all by your self, the most enjoyable part of the job is when you team up to get the work done work goes smooth and faster.
Geriatric Nursing Assistant (PT) (Current Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDMarch 9, 2015
Good place to work but lacks growth for lower positions. I learnt how to work with angry clients and resolve conflicts with other service providers. They do not appreciate their workers
Very intense and sporadic job experience.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDJanuary 30, 2015
Revolving door with numerous unstable patients. Police involvement in psycho-active patients on a monthly basis. Supplies are very limited and of a poor quality. Management creates atmosphere of fear and one can be fired spontaneously.
good company
Occupational Therapist (Current Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDNovember 18, 2014
Excellent company
Working here is fun filled and enjoying. You work with a passion and you are treated equally
Great place to work with good gna's
Geriatric Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDOctober 28, 2014
The gna/s I work with on a daily basis are wonderful people. We all take pride in our work. Out typical day is usuall very busy, with taking care of our residents. They come first. The hardest part of the job is losing a patient you love. Getting to know your patients is the best part.
Pros
lunches for $1 and they are really good
Cons
insurance benefits
Good place to start a carrier
RN (Former Employee) –  Hyattsville, MDJuly 11, 2014
-Atypical day at work start from 830 -530 with 30 minutes launch break.

-improved my clinical knowledge and how to work in a health care setting cooperating with nurses and physicians.

-co-workers are nice in general as well as the management.
Pros
1 $ launch
Cons
job security
not a good place to work/Annapolis location
Gna (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDJuly 3, 2014
First of all this is my first time writing a review about a former employer.
Run for your life if you can: because you will lose your professional license, reputation if you decide to work for that place. Nursing staff needs to be replaced, nurses will not tell you if a patient is on isolation
Then you have to take your garbage outside and the dirty linen to the laundry room. Also there's no teamwork whatsoever. Patients are mistreated. I don't have anything good to say about that place. Worst place to work!
Just take my advice do not work there.
plus They're pay rate is below average.
Cons
low pay rate, unsafe environment
Productive and Social profession
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Hyattsville, MDJune 16, 2014
From the second I clock in, I am asked various questions from visitors, patients and even employees. I solve any problems that they may have and make sure that it gets done by the time i leave and finish my shift. The hardest part of my job is keeping the patients calm because some of them are not fully aware. The most enjoyable part of the job is making sure they are fully taken care of and satisfied with our services.
Good Company
Senior Food Service Manager (Former Employee) –  MarylandMarch 26, 2014
I was very busy overseeing the kitchens, Annapolis, Hagerstown and Hyattsville, MD

Co-workers were easy to work with and enjoyed what they did.
A challenging and educational work experience
Manager (Former Employee) –  Hyattsville, MDJuly 8, 2013
Although this is a rather small nursing home chain with only 3 Skilled Nursing Facilities it offers a challenging and fast paced work environment. There is an experienced team of co-workers. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the regulatory hurdles of working in a Skilled Nursing Facility that focuses on a very ill population. The most rewarding part of the job is the success stories of the residents.
Great
Rehab Intern (Former Employee) –  Hyattsville, MDJune 17, 2013
I enjoyed my time as an intern here. I learned alot and the workers were very helpful in guiding me.
hostile and mean houskeeping supervisor
ex housekeeper thank god (Former Employee) –  Hagerstown, MarylandMay 4, 2013
Save yourself the trouble n stress of working here for the housekeeping supervisor. Did so many ppl wrong
Pros
pay..not hours paid every other week
Cons
omg everything expecially working under her. god bless you
hostile corrupt environment
Former employee (Former Employee) –  HyattsvilleApril 7, 2013
The pay is excellant for a reason!!!!!!!! The average Medicare stay is 100 days!!!
Pros
great pay!!!
Cons
corruption rules!!
Hostile working environment
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Hyattsville, MDMarch 6, 2013
Very little training is provided. Working environment is hostile, CEO and management are constantly playing the blame game. Expectations will be very high during survey; they will mandate extra hours. Balancing the everyday responsibilities with random tasks created by the CEO is difficult. Job security is nonexistent.
Cons
can't use vacation time until you have worked there 1 year; very poor corporate culture
Awsome
GNA (Former Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDJanuary 25, 2013
NMS is a great place to work, they have team work and willing to be flexible with hours. Great training when you first start. just overall great place.
Not a good place to work.
GNA (Former Employee) –  HagerstownJanuary 10, 2013
This place is bad to work for. I pitty the people who also live there. There not treated well at all. It smells of bm and urine all through the place. And the people who do staffing know nothing. Don't work there if you want a good reputation.
Cons
all of it
A with great growth
Clinical Nurse Consultant (Former Employee) –  marylandJanuary 5, 2013
Busy place to work , able to learn management skills, co worker are like a family. Hardest part of my day is when you have to balance request of CEO with clinical work. Always make time to have fun with other during the year by the CEO
Pros
lunch provided by facility
Cons
long hours of work

2.8