no United States Employee Reviews

Unrealistic work loads and terrible management
CEM (Current Employee), washington DCMarch 14, 2015
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: no fulltime positions, unrealistic policies, unreasonable clientele
I've worked almost every position at michaels at 2 different locations now except for salaried managers and sales specialist, and while a lot of the experience is dependent upon having good managers, they are few are far between. Corporate has a designated number of hours that the manager can schedule cashiers for, and often this is not enough hours to run the store. The understaffed cashiers then have to pull the weight of a job for thrice as many people, all the while customers are issuing complaints and demanding that cashiers leave their busy registers to come walk them through a craft because there's no one on the floor. Inevitably the store becomes trashed and the closing team often has to stay for hours afterwards to clean the floor with only 2-3 people. Cashiers are penalized for customers not wanting to give their emails out and you can lose your job over enough people not wanting more spam mail. Policy is self contradictory and requires store managers to be in several places at once. Truck work is not done in teams, but you are expected to unpack boxes for 5-7 hours in silence by yourself at 3 am. Any work that takes longer than the allowed time before the store opens then causes the store floor to be in disarray or have a half completed display that customers will complain about more than any other store i've been at. Custom framing is the best section of the store, however the front management often knows nothing about what's going on in the frame shop, even though they're supposed to be bronze certified. Corperate policy is that framers are supposed to be out of – more... the frame shop by 7 (when they store closes at 9) to help clean the floor. The hours for this however come from framing, not customer service or cashiering, and thus many times production on the $300+ orders has to be put on hold while they tidy up $100 worth of paper and glue. At framers meeting they are constantly told they are a specialized section and an elite service, however their official duties now include toilet scrubbing at the end of the day instead of frame work.

Overall michaels is an understaffed company with no uniting theme throughout the store that leads to messes beyond the capacity of the few associates to clean. Corporate policy is contradictory and shows a lack of understanding of what's actually happening in the stores. – less
this company work hard to help people to find job
typing online job (Current Employee), home workJanuary 20, 2015
i love typing and my speed in typing is very good and i can type english and arabic language

i enjoy typing
but the hardest part in this job is typing with cap and small latters
Kept me busy
babysitter (Former Employee), Sherwood oregonOctober 31, 2014
Pros: she kept me very entertained
Cons: i had to wait there for a while
I learned to handle and get a long with kids very well, Her mom was really nice and paid me a decent amount and never missed a pay day.
quality and prodactive
Quality Engineer (Former Employee), Dar, MDOctober 27, 2014
Pros: free lanch
Cons: healthcare
just I am happy to do ever thing that expected from me ,I will learn textile management.
teaching quran
online quran teaching (Former Employee), Canada, KYSeptember 14, 2014
Pros: no
Cons: no
teaching quran hifz as well as nazira to local students in karachi
Very engaging and productive.
Certified Peer Support Specialist (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAApril 29, 2014
Pros: knowing your boundaries
Cons: being creative while working.
Schedule home and office visits. Assist patient with scheduling and keeping their clinic appointments. Creating a list of questions discuss with their physician. Teach patient how to travel on the public transit. Impower patient how to speak and be assertive when need be. I learned that it is difficult answering to several individuals and that I cannot please everyone. I remember that we are all different and uniquely made and we must respect one another. My hardest part on the job was the patient wanting one thing and the co worker wanting something completely different.The most enjoyable part of the job is my patient they are eager to see me and I am to them. the time shared with them make all the difference in the world. Many of which have no family her in the city.
student
Student (Former Employee), Santa Ana, CAJanuary 20, 2014
learn the new technique and create skill to find job get more advance in the future
Creative and Enthusiastic Environment
Private Student Education Study Sessions (Current Employee), Simsbury, CTNovember 4, 2013
Pros: witnessing the successful student growth
Cons: occasionally slow paced growth
I learned that not every day is the same when it comes to personal school tutoring. Of the handful of students I have taught, none of them learn the same.
I prepare and coordinate lesson plans that work with each student every day. I need to be prepared for how they will react and how they grow.
Perceptions change as a student grows. When the student does well they tend to lose focus as they feel able to take on any assignment. As this excitement is encouraged, it is important to teach they can always improve in another area.
The hardest part of the job is the patient and slow progress.
The best part of the job is seeing the results and knowing my students have grown to graduate from studies I guided them through.
Enjoyed my job.Like helping others
caregiver/campion/houseworker/light cooking (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXSeptember 18, 2013
Pros: short breaks
Cons: no cons
Iam not employed at this time.When that I was working I enjoyed working for someone tha did need the help.And had lot of this experenice by just taking care of my parents.Houskeeping as well always needed to done at home.To me housekeeping learned at your own parents home,that is where I learned to just go to clean the peoples houses at the time I was asked for the job.I enjoyed my job to help seniors.I dont think that there was anything that hard about the job.
To use my computer on the free time of my work
Self Employed live-in caregiver (Former Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 12, 2013
All days schedule depends on the client.I have to adjust to the time when he gets up,takes his meals,takes his medications,takes a bath.
That is normal for me.And I always try to do everything my best for the client and his family with all my experience what I obtained.
Hardest part of the job if need to assist with the client many times during the night if client needs help more then 3 times per night.
Most enjoyable part is when client wants to go outside to meet relatives or friends.
productive fun place with many toys and a great kitchen for making the kids thier meals
babbysitting (Former Employee), elmont new yorkSeptember 10, 2013
at work i watch the kids , play with the dog out side and get in the pool , and in the winter we play board games and wii and watch movies and do nails and hair .
at work i learn to be responible ,being the only adult figure around many kids is stressful.
i babysat them alone .
the hardest part of the job would have to be when ethan a 3 year old has asthma .
the part i enjoy most is too see a smile at the end of the night on each of thier faces and thier bellies full and wanting me too babysit
lOVING eNVIRONMENT
Personal Caregiver (Former Employee), Oakwood, GAAugust 28, 2013
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: no cons
No review..I absolutely loved this job just did not get enough hours and didn't have all the training needed at this time but adored all of it.

About no

Northwestern Ontario Writers Workshop (NOWW) is a group of writers-both seasoned and new-who provide inspiration and support. – Read more

no Salaries