Nobel Learning Communities, Inc. Employee Reviews

Okay
Staff (Former Employee) –  COJuly 13, 2017
I love the idea and the culture of the school, but the expectations that the teachers have is out of reach. Teaching is very hard and when you are working with the younger children, you should focus on what they are doing at that moment, instead of getting your quota of pictures in for the day.
Not worth your time
Kindergarten Teacher/ Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Gahanna, OHJuly 4, 2017
I honestly hated working for this company!. The principal had no regard to the teaching staff or classroom assistants. There was real support at all. I was tremendously disappoint for all staff, students, and parents of the students.
Friendly co-workers.
RECEPTIONIST/ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Media, PAMay 25, 2017
Work load was average. Very busy office. Worked with a lot of executives, so there was never too much communication. A lot has changed since I worked there.
Terrific Opportunity
PRINCIPAL (Current Employee) –  FloridaMay 7, 2017
The company's CEO and COO have been in charge since the beginning and are fantastic leaders! They want to do what is right for their education team. There are 240 schools across the nation but they know every Principal and are thoughtful regarding what they demand from them. Learning is the culture of the company. Support is abundant and collaboration is encouraged. The Education Department creates amazing Professional Development. This company is top notch!
Pros
Company culture is fanatastic
Cons
Poorly operated program from management to schools
Assistant Principal (Current Employee) –  West Chester, PAMarch 14, 2017
Poor upper management. No diversity or acceptance to diverse cultures.Schools are poorly operated by unskilled Principals and Education Manager.Work environment is not enjoyable.many parent complaints.education is over rated and poorly executed by poorly trained teachers.Not a good place for advancement.
Pros
Cons
everything
An adventure
Merryhill Schools (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CAFebruary 27, 2017
Frist couple of years infant toddler teacher 6-18 month. Then did four year old program for couple of years. Was ask to be Assistant Director with no experience other than military supervisor type. Help develop part time programs when Dot Com. hit Bay Area bad when parents had no need for full time. Then help to return to full time school. Work with agency parents and venders that school on daily based Did for four years, three on own with out Director ran daily operations and paperwork required to run school smoothly . Did Extended Care with Middle School children. Summer program mange a large class full of Pre-K students making sure had fun and learning at same time.
Pros
Love my time there
Nobel Learning Communities inc
chesterbrook academy (Current Employee) –  Newtown Square, PAJanuary 24, 2017
I like Nobel Learning Communities curriculum, and i love to use it to make lesson plans. I've never had a bad experience. I also love keystone stars, they're very helpful.
Pros
fun, sociable
Cons
specific rules that don't meet the age criteria
Okay company
Principal (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VANovember 18, 2016
They are good to work for as long as you set a boundary with work/life balance. They have a team of schools that you can work with around the area. Your ED is important. All have different personalities and focuses.
A large company that cares about their employees
Senior Manager of Financial Operations (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 14, 2016
The company acquired me through the acquisition of my former employer. The most enjoyable part of my job is the confidence my employers have in me and the opportunities they provide to me.
Great company, really allows you to grow as a professional and lead your school!
principal (Current Employee) –  FloridaJanuary 3, 2016
I have the best boss, she is so engaging and helpful. They allow you to put your family first and as a working mom that's important to me. They support you as a professional and more importantly they invest in you!
Fulfilling employer with a strong foundation for employees to depend on
Merryhill Preschool Principal (Current Employee) –  Davis, CANovember 5, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. Professional development is an essential focus of the company. Established reputation for remarkable care and establishment for children.
Uncaring Environment
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest Park, WAOctober 31, 2015
This company cares only about making money and does not value their employees or oddly enough, even their customers. Their philosophy is that there will always be more families and more teachers. "Like it or Leave it"
This makes for a very cold, unwelcoming environment for both teachers and families. The school I was at had been managed by the original principal who didn't follow the company policy and it was a wonderful place for everyone. After she retired Nobel stepped in and everything has changed in a negative way. All of their preschools in the Northwest struggle to retain teachers.
Pros
Competitive Pay
Cons
Poor Management
Great work environment.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Huntersville, NCOctober 13, 2015
I enjoy the interaction with the students and their parents. The job is fast paced with different activities each week. As an assistant to the Principal, I engage with parents on business level; however I find working with them and their children most enjoyable.

My co-worker are a pleasure to work with and I enjoy helping my teachers with extra task or assisting them to help make their day easier.

My hardest part of the job is working with child behavior issues that are difficult to resolve.
This is a good place to work if you are dedicated and hardworking, slackers and excuses need not apply.
Teacher, assistant (Former Employee) –  Powell, Lewis CenterJuly 13, 2015
The company is good to work with as long as you have a good administrator. Each school is a little different depending on the management. The executive administrator is a cold, unfriendly person. Don't expect smiles or support from her.
The pay in comparison is to other schools is low end, however, the facilities are high end. The families typically are good, hard working people.
Pros
Hour break, nice families
Cons
Expensive health care, not a lot of support, to do well, expect a lot of off the clock planning time.
Every School is Different
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Sugar Grove, ILMarch 23, 2015
At my school, almost everything was ran by the Assistant Principal and not the principal. The Principal would come in between 10am-12pm. The principal said it was because that was a salaried position and only paid for 40 hours and everyone else was eligible for overtime.

The principal was always in the office and made the assistant principal answer all the phone calls, deal with difficult parents, and do all the bathroom breaks or leg work. Some staff would slack off, while others had to pick up their slack.

The assistant principal left for another job. I think the assistant principal made a good choice, seeing as she was constantly referred to as an assistant like the AP was the principal's personal assistant (with the responsibilities of the principal).

Overall the company is okay to work for - typical child care company...low pay (they start you at $11-$12/hr depending on experience, $13/hr as a third level, $15/hr as an assistant principal, and $40k/year as a principal).

Vacation:
1 week AFTER 1 year of work.
3 years = 2 weeks vacation
10 years = 3 weeks vacation.

Sick time: 3 days a year.

Child Care Discount: depends on your length of service. Usually 25%-50%, but no discount in the infant room. Principal's receive 50% off in the infant room and free tuition after that.

The families and students are what keep me there and keep me going. Good coworkers definitely make my job enjoyable as well.
Pros
families, students, giving back to the community
Cons
minimal benefits and very little work/life balance
Nobel Learning communities
Human Resources Administrator (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PAFebruary 18, 2015
I enjoyed my job in the corporate office. The people I worked with were open, friendly, helpful. I gained great job experience and learned a lot while at Nobel.
Best place to gain experience!
Preschool Teacher (Current Employee) –  lakewood, ilJanuary 18, 2015
I just started working at chesterbrook academy a few weeks ago and it is the best decision I ever made! The management and staff are so friendly and always willing to help! I definitely would recommend this company to everyone!!
Pros
one hour lunch break, freedom with lesson plans, great benefits
Cons
facility is big so I rarely see all the teachers
great place to work
Assistant teacher (Current Employee) –  Centreville, VAOctober 20, 2014
I truly enjoy my work, the fellow teachers are great and above all the principal is very understanding. she has managed the school very well, the best part of the job is the work environment every one is very encouraging and helpful.
Multi State Private School
Sr. Payroll Administrator (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PAJuly 17, 2014
This was a short assignment. I was not able to really get involved with the day to day operations.
I worked with ADP software
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Unfriendly co-workers
Good company
Director (Current Employee) –  West Chester, PAJuly 14, 2014
NLCI is a good company. The curriculum is the hallmark of the company and is leaps and bounds above competitors. When implemented at its optimum, there is no early childhood curriculum that can touch what NLCI offers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nobel Learning Communities, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8