Noble Energy Employee Reviews

Great people, managers, work, pay, projects, location
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 24, 2017
Pro: Great work, people, pay, accounting, managers, contracts team, great legal team, geologists, engineers, supply chain, training, investor relations, security, diversity, pace, vendors, document controls software and teams, administrative support, parking
Pros
Great people, managers, work, pay, projects, location
Cons
IT planning, some IT team members lack emotional maturity
Was great when this office first opened
Employee (Current Employee) –  Canonsburg, PA 15317May 18, 2017
It was very busy when the office first opened, however due to the downturn in the industry, the Canonsburg office laid down the drilling rigs back in 2015. Eventually selling the asset in 2017.
Pros
schedule, salary
Cons
health benefits, lack of communication from Sr. Mgmt
Challanging at most parts but able to help improve process
User Support Technician II (Current Employee) –  Canonsburg, PAMay 11, 2017
My group did tier one and two since we were such a small group.
I have learned a ton at this company but it was more due to my counterpart.
Management helped with guidance
IT group is very young and small so processes are not always followed.
Enjoyed benefits and being able to travel to do my Job
Working @ Noble
Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Canonsburg, PAMay 6, 2017
Positive experience at the MBU. Great people, strong safety culture, and good working environment. Collaborative colleagues, good work ethic, and overall great bunch of people.
Pros
Benefits (Vacation, Sick, Personal Time) Great Co-Workers, Compressed Work Week
Cons
Healthcare is expensive with limited coverage
I loved my job.
Helicopter Coordinator (Aviation Dispatcher) (Former Employee) –  Houma, LAMay 5, 2017
It was an excellent job with excellent people. It was like family, and you made good money. The schedules and benefits were great. There was no other job like it.
A great place to work if you live in Houston, Texas
IT (Current Employee) –  UndisclosedApril 28, 2017
I really enjoyed my time there, but often management decisions seem to be made in a vacuum. These decisions often lead to many last minute changes and long hours depending on any number of factors. Working from a field office is difficult as information tends to travel from headquarters poorly, but, if you are a local, the sky is the limit.
In general good company, however lately has shifted from exploration to more production type of company
GEOLOGICAL ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 14, 2017
Very dynamic company and good technical people in general. However they have changed gears from exploration to a more production oriented company and in the process is losing accumulated talent obtained over the years.
Pros
Great gym
Cons
Unstable jobs
Focusing on unconventional
Mexico New Ventures Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 11, 2017
Focusing on unconventional so walking away from conventional.They are planning for the short term. They should keep their exploration focus too which was part of their success
Great benifits
Records Coordinator I (Current Employee) –  Greeley, COMarch 26, 2017
Great job - learned a lot about oil/gas business. well managed company. Friendly Culture. Organizing and cleaning out existing well files was the hardest part of the job because it was tedious. Working with all the different employee's at Noble was the best part of the job.
Disorganized
Engineering Technician I (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 25, 2017
Noble is attempting to become a cutting edge company. Yet, the methods employed are short side and damaging in the long run. Treatment of Tech level employees needs vast improvement. Upward mobility and salary opportunity are limited at best.
Pros
Insurance
Cons
Career development
I would not recommend working at Noble
Geologist (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 17, 2017
I would not recommend working at Noble until they make significant changes to management and their culture. The Denver Office Culture made working their bearable but this has apperently changed since leaving. The Houston Office culture is unbearable.
Pros
Great Technical Staff
Cons
Houston Management is oppressive
a typical day at work
Electrician (Former Employee) –  IllinoisMarch 9, 2017
Depending on the time of the year, checking on daily plant operations
alarm systems , field kills and motor maintenance.
On call 24/7 for storm damage on 35 miles of primary line distribution , 258 active producers 21 tank batteries.
Pros
enjoyed the challenge's
Cons
first 2 years i was salery .
Worst of the Oil companies in Colorado
Lease Operator/Pumper (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COMarch 8, 2017
Only luck being hired on is if you are ex military, company is greedy and looking for a tax write of they can. Also at Noble you become just another number to them they do not value employees like the other company!
Company Experiencing Growth
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  HoustonMarch 7, 2017
Overall good company. Company is experiencing a growth in the onshore US market and managing international operations with 30 year design life, therefore, exciting times for the growing company.
Good workplace but little room to grow
Engineering Technician (Current Employee) –  Greeley, COFebruary 26, 2017
Noble is a good company to work for, but I felt I had little opportunity to grow. I had good benefits, pay, and good people that I worked with, but it seemed like I was not rewarded for my hard work and that I could not grow with them.
Information Security Analyst (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 27, 2017
Good place to work, but not much room to grow in IT. Great for gaining work experience, but not all that great to advance your career.
It was a job and nothing more
Production Engineer II (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 26, 2017
Complete disorganization everywhere you look and people are constantly changing groups (sometimes forced). The advancement opportunities are based on politics and not achievement. No pay increases for advancement opportunities. Data is a complete mess, their focus is to look good (in the community) other than doing good (as in work, innovations, optimizations, etc). After years of working there I still felt like everyone was either miserable there or just didn't really care, no one truly enjoyed their work

It is a perfect place if you want to be an underachiever and leave work whenever you want because no one holds you to a standard. Good work/life balance in that respect
Pros
Very relaxed, no one holds you to a high standard
Cons
Everyone is miserable, no data management, disorganized, very political, no room for advancement, talent and good work get you nowhere
Not good
Landman/G.I.S. Specialists (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 12, 2017
Downtown Denver is nice during the Summer. People working there were uneducated except one. I spent lots of time and effort to get an education. Others did not. Pay was too low!
Very productive
Senior Subsea Controls Lead Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX 77067December 27, 2016
This is a good company to work with as long as there is a project. Love working with the people and the VP, managers, and other engineers.
Very quite environment, helpful people, nice and awesome VP.
Pros
Good environment
Cons
far from home, but I love the company
Learning Experience
Business Development, Herzliya Pituach, Israel (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 27, 2016
Great place, incredible people. It is a true school for anything related to business. Came in as a new employee, learned and left there as a veteran in oil and gas.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Noble Energy. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9