Noble Network

Noble Network Employee Reviews

Excellent Experience at Focused & Driven School
High School Math Teacher (Current Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: clear goals & expectations, great support, awesome culture
Cons: work/life balance has been hard (pretty high stress!)
I work at the Golder Campus of the Noble Network of Charter Schools. I love my school! Teachers have manageable schedules with ample prep time and are coaches in supportive ways by a great staff. Administration are similarly supportive as they encourage teachers to strive for high goals & to constantly improve their practices. I love working here!
Great Environment for Great Teachers
Science Teacher (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: teacher support, administration, teacher appreciation, & school culture
Cons: work/life balance - this is a very demanding profession
The Noble Network is a great network of schools full of some of the top teachers from all over the US.

The Network is very different from a traditional high school, and from an employee standpoint, it is run much more like an efficient business. Teachers come first, the administration will always have your back and you are given an environment to do your best teaching in. The school has a great culture throughout, and in turn, you can focus on doing the best teaching you can.

The school is very focused around collaboration and in turn spends ample time working on teamwork and in giving their teachers plenty of PD opportunities.

The school also has a big focus on results, and in turn, can be overwhelming to some and will require a significant amount of work. However, it is because of this that Noble is to have the highest performing nonselective high schools in the city of Chicago.
Very dynamic, unique teaching staff.
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee), ChicagoMay 3, 2014
Pros: a culture of fostering hard work and students achieve great success
Cons: there are some overly academic authoritarian teachers who can lack real world judgement
The upside is the culture is serious about fostering critical thinking and students accomplish great work. The town hall meetings and extracurricular events e.g. sophomores going out of state to visit colleges creates amazing opportunities for students. However, the vast majority of teachers and administrators are in their 20's or early 30's, and in some cases lack understanding and judgment of the real world pressures students from the inner city face.
Amazing collaboration among teachers to get to a common goal
Teacher (Current Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 16, 2013
Every quarter, teachers at Noble meet together to share strategies, brainstorm new methods, and grow as teachers. I have never worked at a place with such motivated people that continuously want to get better. The collaboration within my campus, as well out among all the campuses, is refreshing. I have loved working here the past four years!
Good Job
Discipline Team Security Guard (Former Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 2, 2013
I normal day for me was ensuring the safety of the student and staff.
Great place to work, but will take over your life
Special Education Teacher (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJune 11, 2013
Pros: great staff, hard working students
Cons: short breaks, less pay, excessive work.
As a charter school, they work very efficiently. Unfortunately that can mean more work and less pay. I worked with amazing people and loved working there, unfortunately it was unsustainable for the long run for me. I would recommend working for Noble.