Noble Employee Reviews in United States

Not the same as it was.
Assistant Driler (Former Employee) –  Gulf of Mexico, Austrailia, BrasilJune 23, 2016
When I first joined Noble I was proud to be connected to that name. It was the company that was loyal to it people. It was the company that was good for its stock holders. It was not the highest paying company but it was one that lived up to its name. Now all I see is a reflection of its pore management. The personnel on the vessels are some of the best people in the world to work with.
Pros
Good pay if you work there.
Cons
Job insicureity if the indistry goes down.
Safety focused, don't care about personnel.
Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  WorldwideApril 15, 2016
Great pay and benefits. Mostly safe, people get hurt in spite of all they do, it is a dangerous place to work by the nature of the job.

They will fire you in a minute regardless of what the truth is, in spite of spending thousands on hiring, training and more training. Too many supervisory personnel are insecure and unqualified. They don't care and will hire someone else and waste money. Especially now that the work environment is so tough. You are better off driving a truck. I thought this kind of stuff only happened to other people I was with my previous employer 24 years and before Noble 10 years.

They have a phone number you can call for complaints. Good luck with that (more money wasted).
Pros
Safe, great benefits
Cons
no concern for actual people
New ownership
Development Engineer (Current Employee) –  Grand Haven, MIMarch 9, 2016
No where to grow within organization. Few and far between for COLA or raises. New ownership, so hopefully will get better.
Great place to learn how to teach
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 12, 2016
I learned how to teach at Noble. When I started teaching I had a choice between Noble and a CPS magnet high school. I was nervous but felt that Noble was the right fit. I was right. I have been challenged more than I thought was possible, but I have grown too. Some of my best friends are my co-workers. I have been able to hone my craft. And, I feel supported and loved every day. I can't imagine teaching anywhere else.
Pros
Inspiring students, great support, working and one of the best schools in the country
Cons
high work demands, hard to balance work and life.
Every day is a learning opportunity
QMED/ 3rd Assistant Engineer (Current Employee) –  LouisianaDecember 24, 2015
I don't have a normal work day. I am a Merchant Marine Engineer, i work 21 days on in a DP2 Drillship in the Gulf of Mexico. Typical day we wake up in the middle of the ocean take a look at the sunrise, grab a cup of coffee and conduct our machinery rounds to start the day. I have a to do list from my supervisor full of tasks to tackle for the day. We have a lot of machinery and equipment so as the tittle says every day is a learning opportunity. My co workers and i work together on big projects such as changing water pumps, Fuel injectors, Valve Bridges on EMD engines, servicing R.O. Units, Water Heaters, Air compressors and some plumbing to name a few tasks.

The hardest part of my job is working 12 hours a day for 21 straight days. Its something you get accustomed to after a few days. Its enjoyable living and working with a great group of guys. I just enjoy being part of a good team.
Implementation Engineer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 16, 2015
A typical day would go one of two ways; I either am traveling to a customers site or at a customers site, or I come into the office. Once I get to where I am working I connect to clients servers and complete the whatever requests I have been assigned to. If the assignment is an implementation then I try and complete our checklists for those clients.

Since starting this Job I have learned a lot about linux, wireshark, telephony, and general computer knowledge.

The hardest part of this job is dealing with clients. There are times where the clients are not easy to deal with for many reasons. Some of those are the IT issues that client faces such as restrictions the clients IT puts on their network. This sometimes leads to engagements that should be done in 2 weeks lasting months.
Pros
Great atmosphere
Deck Officer onboard Noble Jim Day
Deck Officer (Current Employee) –  Gulf Of MexicoDecember 13, 2015
Deck watch stander onboard Noble Jim Day. In charge of safety of Rig, Boat Transfers, Fueling and overall well being of Noble Jim Day.
Productive workplace with opportunities for advancement.
Direct Service Professionals (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 12, 2015
I've only been with Noble for a short time, but am moving to the Carmel area. I have enjoyed the company and their care for the individual clients and their continued growth and goal setting.
Pros
Reimbursement for work related expenses.
Cons
No reinbursement for lunches, all clients want to go out to eat for lunch. This becomes quite costly.
Learned alot with this company
Cable Technician (Former Employee) –  raleighJuly 11, 2015
good company but young management. Learned a lot from them. Good home/work balance. Unfair if you get hurt on the job, even though you pay your own STD.
being able to watch TV in your own room
Motorman/Night Mechanic (Former Employee) –  MexicoJune 29, 2015
it was a night job like the people I worked with learned a lot about oilrigs and how to work and take care of them. Had great bosses and co-workers. the hardest part of job was being going for 28 days from family but we grow to like it we had fun when I was home. relaxing after your tower change and watch TV in your own room.
Pros
free meals and snacks
Cons
got to take it easy when it was going good on the rig

Want to know more about Noble?

Ask a question
job environment and everything is on point
security/fireguard (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 8, 2015
ill be quite honest with you only complaint is i wish i could work more for this company but there isnt many hours, apart from that it is awesome proffesional and every one isnt out to throw you under the bus , you feel at home when you around your co workers
Pros
too many to state
Cons
hours
Safe workplace
1st Engineer (Current Employee) –  offshore Brazil;December 12, 2014
I am working on 12 hours shifts, supervising people in engine room, maintaining equipment and doing repairs. Participating in safety meetings and stop card program, keeping SAP up to date.
Participating in courses planned on matrix to improve knowledge and make me fully aware of work responsibilities
Pros
free fligfhts
Cons
sharing room in hotel
Productive and great compensation
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Butler, INOctober 24, 2014
I was able to run a cell that involved a roll mill and three robots making automotive parts. I learned a lot of mechanical skills and quality aspects when dealing with the auto industry. Management was good at doing things according to procedure. I loved working with my fellow employees. The hardest part was going through the transition when Noble went bankrupt and MultiMatic took over. The most enjoyable part was being independent one my own machine.
Starting my career
SENIOR WEB & DIGITAL DESIGNER, Smith+Noble (Current Employee) –  Corona, CAugust 29, 2014
This place has really taught me a lot about working independently, getting your stuff done in a timely manner and communication. For the past 3 years I have run the entire web/digital design department.
Job is ok if you enjoy working with individuals with disablites. The down side is building was always under staff.
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 30, 2013
Over all and ok job just needs better management to get more staff.
Pros
clients
Cons
working thru lunches
I advanced from laborer to Laboratory technician.
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Fallon, NVAugust 7, 2013
I learned how to check samples of per-lite for purity and strength. I helped bag and load product when orders had to be shipped. I enjoyed working there.
Productive work environment that provided me with many learning opportunities.
Prod. Worker Welder Hi-Lo driver Quality Tech (Former Employee) –  South Haven, MIJanuary 26, 2013
A typical day I came in went to whatever job I was performing at that time. My co workers and I would enjoy friendly competitions ( who could put out the most parts in an hour). We would help each other out if a problem occurred. I found the management to be friendly, encouraging, and good leaders for the most part. The hardest part of the job was the hours. We often worked 72-80 hour weeks. The two things I liked best were the learning opportunities I was allowed and the great friends I made in the over 9 years I worked at Noble.
Pros
ability to grow and learn
Cons
sometimes the long hours, the plant closing