Noblis Employee Reviews

Management is clueless
Senior Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 8, 2017
Not a good place to work. Management will only promote you if they like you, they don't care about your job performance. Management - means you don't do anything.
Great company
FEDRAMP Information System Security Officer (ISSO) (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 24, 2017
Great work environment. Good ethics. Employee well being is utmost to the company. The company supports and encourages its employees to excel in career and personal life.
Intellectuals Colloquium
Principal Consultant (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAMarch 15, 2017
It is a company with a variety of experts in many different fields. To most it might remind you of being back in college yet again. There are lots of lectures and speakers.
Pros
Speakers, intellectuals, benefits
Cons
management
Not all it can be
Employee (Former Employee) –  offsiteFebruary 10, 2017
They tell you what you want to hear when you apply. Long contracts, client loves us but it isn't true. Lack of communication with employees offsite, more interested in making money, will drop you if the contract ends. Don't care about the employee. No room for growth.
Pros
good people
Cons
lack of communication, more interested in who you can bring to the compnay.
Good company, wants to be tech but is still consulting
Systems Engineer/Data Scientist/Scrum Master (Current Employee) –  Falls Church, VAJanuary 9, 2017
Personally haven't had the best experience because I came to do the science and technology work that it advertises to be. But it is still a consulting company that wants to be a tech company, maybe it will grow its capabilities in that sense, but otherwise expect it to be more of a consulting one. Otherwise, great company, great culture, relaxed but still produces good quality work.
great place!
Associate Acquisition Specialist (Current Employee) –  Falls Church, VANovember 9, 2016
A great company to work for with staff who really do look out for you. The CEO and CFO are great people. Many times people in high positions don't like to communicate with those lower but, you truly can't tell they are CEO/CFO's they are really down to earth people.
Good place to work, good jobs, advancement is possible.
Lead Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 26, 2016
As any contractor, the job is as good as the client. Noblis works hard to match you to a good job. They are very willing to work hard to make sure that you do not have much idle time between assignment. They give the opportunity for employees to work on their "pet" projects if the idea has future marketing benefits.
Professional and well organized company.
Instructional Design and Training Specialist (Former Employee) –  Greenbelt, MDSeptember 21, 2016
Great place to work! The teams were extremely knowledgeable and dedicated to the assigned work. Management kept workers well informed and in touch with changing needs of organization.
Pros
Challenging and exciting work environment.
Cons
Contract work that could end at anytime.
Not happy about them contacting my current employer before contacting me.
applied for sales rep (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 31, 2016
This company called my current boss to let them know I had submitted a resume to them before contacting me or discussing any aspect of the job with me. Very unprofessional and unethical. I would prefer to inform my employer of my intent to leave on my own terms and if and once an offer was made. In this case there was no offer..no warning, no interniew, nothing.
Once you work at a Non Profit like this you will want to stay
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington City, DCMay 20, 2016
Noblis is a great place to be. Lots of smart people and a CEO that cares. Once you are here it is hard to leave. The work is challenging, and we have a diverse set of clients. The company has a sense of purpose. It is small enough to be Nimble, but large enough to make a difference and be stable.
Pros
Bonus's, Parking, Invests in People, Dental Ins, 403B Matching
Cons
Medical ins
Excellent company with outstanding leadership and culture
Senior Cyber Intelligence Analyst (Current Employee) –  Annapolis Junction, MDAugust 27, 2015
Excellent company with outstanding leadership and culture. The only reason I am considering leaving Nobles is due to contract ending. I will continue to look for other opportunities to work with Noblis again.
Pros
supportive staff and important mission
Cons
Not many opportunities in MD at this time
Big Data Analyst-Intern (Current Employee) –  Falls Church, VAJuly 22, 2015
Noblis have the best staff members. Everyone is willing to help each other and the environment is almost perfect.
The best job I ever worked at
Virtual position
Senior Sourcer (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAJuly 15, 2015
I was brought up to speed on the programs that I would be sourcing for and introduced to the management team. Then I was provided the expectations and allowed to work on my own. I provided daily updates and enjoyed the freedom to successfully provide the support required.
Great place to work that is only getting better
Team Leader, Senior Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Falls Church, VAMay 28, 2015
Noblis consists of many smart and talented individuals very dedicated to their work and supporting their clients. The growing pains experienced a few years ago as our work shifted to mostly competitive awards have subsided. Noblis has been heavily focused on building upon its capabilities and expanding into new areas of client service. A few key acquisitions of smaller companies have been key to recent growth. The future looks bright for Noblis with continued growth and a constant search for more industry leaders.
Challenging and rewarding workplace
Senior Instructional Systems Design Specialist (Current Employee) –  Greenbelt, MDApril 14, 2015
Coordinating Flight Instrument and Spacecraft formal training sessions. Reviewing course materials, participating in training meeting, and serving as the training liaison for the contracted vendors and the federal government employees at the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA).

I have learned how the space weather and the flight instruments operate and provide invaluable weather information that threatens the US. My co-workers have been a valuable source of information and we work very well as a training team.
Productive and fun place to work
Big Data Analytics and Vehicle Probe CS Intern (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VANovember 17, 2014
It was a great place to work with lots of friendly faces. The internship program is great, including weekly lunches and meeting about how to be a better employee.
Pros
Free lunches
Excellent Technology Based Company. Balanced Humane Workplace
Senior Principal (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAOctober 31, 2014
Noblis is an excellent companyto utilize your technical skills and knowledge. The management clearly communicates the client's tasks and expectations and confirms that the employees understand what their role in meeting the client's expectations. Management also supports the employee by providing opportunities for professional and technical growth.

The compensation is good and they set out a roadmap so you will know how you can advance in the company.

The co-workers are self-motivated scientists and engineers. A great team of people to work with.

The company is very ethical and chooses take the right course of action.

Extra perks include the health facility, an on-call nutritionist, and a five-star healthy cafeteria.
Pros
Stimulating and healthy place to work, Co-workers are motivated scientists and engineers, Management does care about its employees, especially about professional growth as a scientist.
Cons
Work is dependent on federal contracts, if you have a technical specialty and Noblis looses the contract then your job may be at risk
What I learned
Senior Software Test Engineer Manager (Former Employee) –  Quantico, VAJuly 23, 2013
They welcomed me with open arms, My co workers were a joy to work with.
Pros
Free Treats
Solid place to work
FAA- Federal Aviation Administration Contractor (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 6, 2013
In a typical day at work, I begin my day by reviewing all incoming e-mail to stay abreast with ongoing dialog. Next, I review the general ledger for all direct & indirect, billable & non-billable charges that have accrued. Next I review the most recent expenditures against the spend plans for each corresponding project.

From then, I'm able to plan my day by identifying action items that require immediate attention, those I will need to contact for discussion, and planning ideas to make the process more efficient.

The hardest part of the day is working around delayed responses from those I've contacted. Often times the action items require a few steps and will need attention from various people.

My management style is putting priority on full transparency and communication, to ensure that we have more than one set of eyes reviewing an issue.
Pros
Decent commute
Cons
Poor morale
Noblis
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Falls Church, VAApril 30, 2013
Noblis has good benefits, but the culture has deteriorated since it has begun to compete on contracts and partner with other contractors.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Noblis. Our community is ready to answer.