Noblis Employee Reviews in United States

Once you work at a Non Profit like this you will want to stay
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington City, DCMay 20, 2016
Noblis is a great place to be. Lots of smart people and a CEO that cares. Once you are here it is hard to leave. The work is challenging, and we have a diverse set of clients. The company has a sense of purpose. It is small enough to be Nimble, but large enough to make a difference and be stable.
Pros
Bonus's, Parking, Invests in People, Dental Ins, 403B Matching
Cons
Medical ins
Relaxing environment
Research Analyst (Current Employee) –  Falls Church, VAOctober 14, 2015
The work/life balance is great if you have a family because most employees have the option to work remotely. The only setback I do not like is the room for growth within the Health Innovation missionary. The only option is to be in management or entry level, not really an in between (junior level) position.
Pros
free snacks
Cons
health insurance benefits
Excellent company with outstanding leadership and culture
Senior Cyber Intelligence Analyst (Current Employee) –  Annapolis Junction, MDAugust 27, 2015
Excellent company with outstanding leadership and culture. The only reason I am considering leaving Nobles is due to contract ending. I will continue to look for other opportunities to work with Noblis again.
Pros
supportive staff and important mission
Cons
Not many opportunities in MD at this time
Virtual position
Senior Sourcer (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAJuly 15, 2015
I was brought up to speed on the programs that I would be sourcing for and introduced to the management team. Then I was provided the expectations and allowed to work on my own. I provided daily updates and enjoyed the freedom to successfully provide the support required.
Great place to work that is only getting better
Team Leader, Senior Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Falls Church, VAMay 28, 2015
Noblis consists of many smart and talented individuals very dedicated to their work and supporting their clients. The growing pains experienced a few years ago as our work shifted to mostly competitive awards have subsided. Noblis has been heavily focused on building upon its capabilities and expanding into new areas of client service. A few key acquisitions of smaller companies have been key to recent growth. The future looks bright for Noblis with continued growth and a constant search for more industry leaders.
Challenging and rewarding workplace
Senior Instructional Systems Design Specialist (Current Employee) –  Greenbelt, MDApril 14, 2015
Coordinating Flight Instrument and Spacecraft formal training sessions. Reviewing course materials, participating in training meeting, and serving as the training liaison for the contracted vendors and the federal government employees at the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA).

I have learned how the space weather and the flight instruments operate and provide invaluable weather information that threatens the US. My co-workers have been a valuable source of information and we work very well as a training team.
Productive and fun place to work
Big Data Analytics and Vehicle Probe CS Intern (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VANovember 17, 2014
It was a great place to work with lots of friendly faces. The internship program is great, including weekly lunches and meeting about how to be a better employee.
Pros
free lunches
Excellent Technology Based Company. Balanced Humane Workplace
Senior Principal (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAOctober 31, 2014
Noblis is an excellent companyto utilize your technical skills and knowledge. The management clearly communicates the client's tasks and expectations and confirms that the employees understand what their role in meeting the client's expectations. Management also supports the employee by providing opportunities for professional and technical growth.

The compensation is good and they set out a roadmap so you will know how you can advance in the company.

The co-workers are self-motivated scientists and engineers. A great team of people to work with.

The company is very ethical and chooses take the right course of action.

Extra perks include the health facility, an on-call nutritionist, and a five-star healthy cafeteria.
Pros
stimulating and healthy place to work, co-workers are motivated scientists and engineers, management does care about its employees, especially about professional growth as a scientist.
Cons
work is dependent on federal contracts, if you have a technical specialty and noblis looses the contract then your job may be at risk
What I learned
Senior Software Test Engineer Manager (Former Employee) –  Quantico, VAJuly 23, 2013
They welcomed me with open arms, My co workers were a joy to work with.
Pros
free treats
Solid place to work
FAA- Federal Aviation Administration Contractor (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 6, 2013
In a typical day at work, I begin my day by reviewing all incoming e-mail to stay abreast with ongoing dialog. Next, I review the general ledger for all direct & indirect, billable & non-billable charges that have accrued. Next I review the most recent expenditures against the spend plans for each corresponding project.

From then, I'm able to plan my day by identifying action items that require immediate attention, those I will need to contact for discussion, and planning ideas to make the process more efficient.

The hardest part of the day is working around delayed responses from those I've contacted. Often times the action items require a few steps and will need attention from various people.

My management style is putting priority on full transparency and communication, to ensure that we have more than one set of eyes reviewing an issue.
Pros
decent commute
Cons
poor morale
Noblis
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Falls Church, VAApril 30, 2013
Noblis has good benefits, but the culture has deteriorated since it has begun to compete on contracts and partner with other contractors.

4.2