Noblis

Noblis Employer Reviews

Excellent Technology Based Company. Balanced Humane Workplace
Senior Principal (Former Employee), Falls Church, VAOctober 31, 2014
Pros: stimulating and healthy place to work, co-workers are motivated scientists and engineers, management does care about its employees, especially about professional growth as a scientist.
Cons: work is dependent on federal contracts, if you have a technical specialty and noblis looses the contract then your job may be at risk
Noblis is an excellent companyto utilize your technical skills and knowledge. The management clearly communicates the client's tasks and expectations and confirms that the employees understand what their role in meeting the client's expectations. Management also supports the employee by providing opportunities for professional and technical growth.

The – more... compensation is good and they set out a roadmap so you will know how you can advance in the company.

The co-workers are self-motivated scientists and engineers. A great team of people to work with.

The company is very ethical and chooses take the right course of action.

Extra perks include the health facility, an on-call nutritionist, and a five-star healthy cafeteria. – less
What I learned
Senior Software Test Engineer Manager (Former Employee), Quantico, VAJuly 23, 2013
Pros: free treats
They welcomed me with open arms, My co workers were a joy to work with.
Solid place to work
FAA- Federal Aviation Administration Contractor (Current Employee), Washington, DCJune 6, 2013
Pros: decent commute
Cons: poor morale
In a typical day at work, I begin my day by reviewing all incoming e-mail to stay abreast with ongoing dialog. Next, I review the general ledger for all direct & indirect, billable & non-billable charges that have accrued. Next I review the most recent expenditures against the spend plans for each corresponding project.

From then, I'm able to plan – more... my day by identifying action items that require immediate attention, those I will need to contact for discussion, and planning ideas to make the process more efficient.

The hardest part of the day is working around delayed responses from those I've contacted. Often times the action items require a few steps and will need attention from various people.

My management style is putting priority on full transparency and communication, to ensure that we have more than one set of eyes reviewing an issue. – less
Noblis
Project Manager (Current Employee), Falls Church, VAApril 30, 2013
Noblis has good benefits, but the culture has deteriorated since it has begun to compete on contracts and partner with other contractors.