NOCO Energy Corp. Employee Reviews in United States

Great enviorment and people
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Tonawanda, NYMarch 30, 2016
The co-workers were very friendly and great to work with. The check runs were all scanned, this was something new that I learned. The company was trying to go as paperless as possible. Four days a week we were receiving, matching and entering invoices. There was so much to do, the days just flew by. I enjoyed that the most, I do not like to watch the clock.
Pros
All accounting workers were team players.
Cons
The drive was 25 miles one way.
Great family business
Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYApril 6, 2016
Great place to work. Good people who work hard to better this family made business. Office had a great environment for people to work in.
Pros
Great co-workers and environment
flexiable work hours
Retail Cashier (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJanuary 11, 2016
laid back staff with flexiable work hours,easy working environment,management trained Me effeciantly,the work enviorment was friendly,and clean.managers were kind and willing to work around my schedule.
Pros
flexiable hours, friendly staff
Cons
na
Great benefits
Billing and Purchasing Clerk (Current Employee) –  Akron, NYDecember 16, 2015
This job would be a lot better if the management considered the fact that they might be overloading their employees with a lot of stress and work. I like the vacation time, benefits, and the pay is good.
Pros
healthcare, vacation time, hours
Cons
management, co workers, job description
I enjoyed working with a great team & supervisors!
Cashier/Sandwich Station/Baker (Former Employee) –  Elmwood StreetNovember 23, 2015
I did not like ANY of the managers. They did not fully understand or comprehend how to be an effective leaders. The NOCO manager was awesome!
Pros
employee discounts
Cons
very little opoortunities to advance
I loved my job here.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  West Seneca, NYDecember 14, 2015
When I relocated, I would have transferred to another Noco store had there been a store in the area I had moved to. There was not, but it was a hard choice to leave the job.
Clean work environment.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYOctober 11, 2015
Overnight shift was difficult, but the work was easy. Keeping the store open 11 pm - 7 am was all that was expected, with the work that went along with it.
Pros
Relatively light workload.
Cons
No set lunch break. Took a break only if no one was coming into the store and tasks were done.
good place to work
Diesel Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Tonawanda, NYOctober 26, 2015
Good place to work. Great pay and benefits. nice shop environment. they will send to classes. i was sent to an ASE class for air conditioning.
Pros
great benefits
Nice place to wok
Cashier (Current Employee) –  East Aurora, NYJune 3, 2015
Work 3rd shift overnight. Work day includes customer service, stocking, cleaning, and good people skills. Enjoy 3rd shift because works well with school
Fast Pace, People Oriented, postive work environment
Noco Associate (Current Employee) –  Lackawanna, NYApril 8, 2015
Working directly with the general public to provide fast and friendly customer service while cashing out customers, completion of paperwork, as well as complying with NY state laws and regulations of alcohol, tobacco sales and inventory. Each associates is responsible for being a team player and adhering to a work environment which is kept clean and is also positive. In addition to being respectful, empathetic and honest to the customers, this quality should be applied to everyone you interact with including co-workers and upper management. You must be able to consistently show professionalism in difficult situations especially working with the general public; This is not for everyone, it is the hardest and the most enjoyable part of the job. Everyday you encounter various people and personalities. It is imperative to provide each person with reverence, compassion and verbal communication to maintain excellent customer service.
Pros
Job opportunites, the customers, the location
Cons
No health insurance
Fun Job, decent culture and great associates
MANAGER OF FACILITY DESIGN AND CONSTRUCTION (Former Employee) –  Tonawanda, NYDecember 6, 2013
NOCO was a true challenge for me because I was put in charge of all aspects of new development projects. For the first time I was completely and soley responsible for all phases of the development process. I gained valuable experience in equipment purchasing and contract negotiation and the municipal approval process. I led a team of in-house associates through many new build and remodel projects which most of them had never been through before. I hardest part of my job was keeping up with all the tasks that had to be completed to stay on schedule.
Pros
work environment, chellange of position, freedom to make decisions
Cons
ownership that did not see eye to eye and questionable decision making process
40 hours to crazy hours depending on staffing
STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  North French & CampbellJune 18, 2014
• Operations: Inventory control, hired, trained, scheduled, met company goals and quotas
 New store set-up
 Development: Fast food / deli programs
 Redesign: Daily reports to streamline efficiency
Pros
good money
Cons
new baby i needed to spend time at home
busy work
Customer Service/ Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Tonawanda, NYSeptember 9, 2013
Turn around was a big issue in both co workers and management, sometimes it was difficult. Hardest part of the job was short staffed at times.
Pros
adverage pay/ returned to the position after relocating back to buffalo
Cons
turn over in the department/
productive, busy, fun work environment
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Cheektowaga, NYJuly 2, 2013
A typical day at Noco Express is challenging, productive, energetic, fun. I Spend a lot of time tending to the needs of "hussle and bussle" type customers who not only want to get in and out in 30 seconds or less but, want to feel like they are getting 5 start accomidations in that 30 seconds. In the four years that I have been there I have learned, management skills, customer appreciation, being able to move fast, and efficiantly. I have learned independent thinking, and independent working. The hardest part of the job is the hours. Sometimes as a manager you are expected to be on call 24/7 but, with a good hadworking team it is almost never an issue. The most enjoyable part of the job are the rewards. Not only do you meet a lot of people but, a lot of them become friends. You can honestly make life long relationships with your "regulars". Also NOCO offers great bennifits. Including but not limited to college tuition assistance, health care, 401k.
Pros
tuition assistance, flexible scheduling
Cons
short breaks, working alone
Productive and fun workplace
Food Associate (Current Employee) –  Cheektowaga, NYJuly 1, 2013
A typical day at work involved getting all the food prepared by a certain time and getting any production done. Also greeting customers and carving any sandwiches they ordered.
Very enjoyable place to work.
Assistant manager (Former Employee) –  Hamburg, NYApril 7, 2012
My schedule was wonderful. All employees and managment worked well together. I only left because I relocated south.
Pros
close to home, pleasant work enviroment
Driver (Current Employee) –  Tonawanda, NYOctober 7, 2014
Like to working till the work day is over or all work is completed.
I learn knew things very fast and get along with other.
Easy going environment
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Williamsville, NYApril 24, 2012
Can be a great place to work, as long as you're willing to do a lot of extra work for no extra compensation.
Pros
flexible
Cons
pay is horrible
good place to work
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Depew, NYMarch 19, 2013
wish i still worked here, decent work environment, good hours, good pay
Even though most employees were nice there, AWFUL communication
Senior Graphic Designer and Photographer (Former Employee) –  Tonawanda, NYNovember 22, 2013
I worked at NOCO for a little over two and a half years. At first it seemed like a dream job. I was impressed they had sent out an employee survey to find out issues. The biggest issue was communication, and as time had gone on, I found out that was true.

I don't feel department heads are trained correctly there, especially when it comes to communication. I was a manager there and the director of my department blew off every request I had for taking management skill seminars. He had the worst communication I've ever seen in a director/manager. He would blow off team meetings all the time and never reschedule them, and we would go a "month" sometimes without have a "weekly" meeting. My team was never informed when the director was in a meeting or out of town, so half the time we didn't know where he was. The other half of the time he had his door closed, even though NOCO has an open-door policy. He would also bi-pass me, tell my direct reports to do things, or have them leave the building without my knowledge.

The team coordinator also lacked communication and professionalism. There was an ongoing issue with her not filling out project briefs correctly/fully, nor would she pass on pertinent info about projects to me, no matter how often I asked for better communication. She also completely ignored my position as manager, would bi-pass me, and even tell my direct reports to disregard policies of the department and the corporate manual, even though she wasn't their manager.

The hardest part about the job was knowing that nothing was being done about the communication issues,
  more... and the preferential treatment that the team coordinator was receiving. After 10 months of the worst communication and being treated less than a manager, it became a bit unbearable.

The most enjoyable part of this job was working with my direct reports and I really enjoyed the projects I worked on there. There's a huge amount of variety with projects and I always felt challenged on my projects.
Pros
different people to talk to everyday, good benefits, successful product lines
Cons
communication is awful, no support, no training for managers