Nokia Employee Reviews

First Job
SENIOR TECHNICAL PROGRAM MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILMay 25, 2017
Company was good for growth and exposure, but as more responsibility came I was left in the same title with eth same pay and told I was young in the company and no need to rush to get a raise. Taught me a lot about working ways of corporate America.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Discrimination
Good company culture, but erratic work pace
Senior Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Murray Hill, NJMay 23, 2017
Nokia was a good environment to work within from an internal workplace culture standpoint. However, the Telecom industry in general was one of "very fast" or "very slow" paced - never balanced. It made balancing your work and personal life difficult at times.
Pros
Compensation and benefits
Cons
Erratic and unpredictable work pace
Was a productive and challenging place to work
Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHMay 15, 2017
After being informed that the department would not be impacted adversely by Alcatel-Lucent buy out by NOKIA I was informed few months later that my job junction was no longer required and that I would be disconnected from network end of day.
Pros
Highly motivated team
Cons
Support tools
unstable work environment due to too many M&A
Management Supervisor (Current Employee) –  NJMay 13, 2017
very long hours for people wants to get things done, but for people who doesn't care much (up to 40% in a group) could take time off almost every other week which is acceptable by European Nokia management
Great Environment to Grow.
Sr. Technical Program/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CAMay 9, 2017
Great Environment to grow and learn the latest/greatest technologies. Access to all learning resources easily available. Management supportive of learning and career progress.
Pros
Excellent Learning Opportunities and Career Growth, Flexible Manager
Very Complicated Organizational Structure and Processes
Vice-President Applications & Analytics (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 4, 2017
Company is built / managed to control costs not to grow the business. Multiple overlays in the Organizational Structure. Focus on costs is moving most R&D offshore and importing Engineers from low-cost countries.
Benefits
Cons
Complicated
Great Company
Logistics Variant Leader (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 3, 2017
I loved working for Nokia, I felt like at home here. I was very sad to have to leave. My Boss and coworkers where like family. Still talk to all of them.
Terrible
Technical Support Specialist/QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 26, 2017
Terrible company to work for. Compensation was probably the worst. Terrible management. Terrible HR Department, dont event think they had one. Stay away from this company if you can.
Fun colleagues and manager
Customer Service Officer (Former Employee) –  WheelockApril 24, 2017
United and fun team to work with. Great and positive manager to start off the day. Nice backend team to cooperate. Nice environment and culture. Recommended for fresh grads to start off in the customer service line
Nokia
Senior Engineer I (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 24, 2017
It was the great pleasure to work for Nokia for more than two years. Nokia is the best company that I ever worked for. I loved my job and the culture.
Great place
ELECTONICS TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 20, 2017
This company began my career as an electronics technician but also allowed me to move on to the computer technology industry and I truly appreciated the time spent there although the company went through some layoffs and I was a part of it due to seniority but other than that would have loved to continue working for them to this day.
Pros
Cafeteria, Full size Gym, and good location
Cons
Layoffs
Nokia Mobile Phone Dallas Office
Human Resources Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXApril 18, 2017
Pay and benefits were amazing. Opportunity to work with international staff. Interaction with Sales and Marketing staff was special. The corporate culture was strong.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Corporate "jargon" was off-putting
Exciting and challenging place to work
Data Engineer (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 17, 2017
The technology that you are exposed to is extremely exciting. Everything from access layer switches, service class routers and optical backbone equipment,
Great Enviornment
Mechanical Test Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  Murray Hill, NJApril 16, 2017
People get along very well. A power bank of individuals that strive to do better daily. Fun activities with deadlines that are reasonable. Many people want to work there.
Pros
Relaxed
Cons
Productive workplace that is culturally diverse
Technical Project Manager (TPM) (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCApril 15, 2017
This is a global company with an organization structure sub-divided into divisions and business units.
The Raleigh location has culturally diverse employees with a wide range of experience and expertise.
Very stressful and no job security.
Technical Writer Consultant (Former Employee) –  IllinoisApril 12, 2017
Since Nokia took over Alcatel Lucent, the day to day level of stress and job turn around was terrible. My managers were wonderful and understanding but the corporation as a whole had no value for their employees and would lay off whole organizations in a single day.
Fun and professional work environment
Application Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXApril 11, 2017
Interact with local and international coworkers working to resolve issues. Learned how to work with the different cultures. Management was very encouraging to continue working on our education and family life. The hardest part was the early morning conference calls, generally 6:00am.
Good place to work but industry is in constant flux
Lead Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  New JerseyApril 10, 2017
Nokia has all the benefits a large company provides. Salaries are competitive and benefits package is excellent. There is very little in the way of advancement in the technical ranks, must move to management if climbing corporate ladder is desired. Flexible work arrangements are common, but may vary with managers. The work culture is respectful. The company is currently in cost reduction mode, so lay offs are common.
Cons
no job security
Horrible Culture
Communication Services Technician (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 10, 2017
I enjoyed helping my customers and supporting the effort to improve networks all over the USA private and public but it was made difficult if not at times impossible to get the work done and still meet the expectations of management to complete tasks in unreasonable time frames with limited resources and support.
It was a good place to work
BTS Engineer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 6, 2017
I learned a lot at this job working from Austin to the border of Texas I was in many different areas and had a very interesting experience. The management at nokia was very helpful and made sure we had all the tools to do a great job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nokia. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval