Nokia Employee Reviews

Productive and fast pace environment.
Diagnostic Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 21, 2017
Typical day at work was simple but quick, was on a production line fixing cell phones that would not pass a simple test. Failed phones would come back to me and would have to repair. Management was laid back but strict. Hardest part of job none.
enjoyed my time there
Watch Engineer (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILJune 18, 2017
I was laid off back in 2009 due to a building closure but for the 27 years when i was there it was a wonderful environment. The management was good and fair.
Okay but nothing great!
Technical Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 15, 2017
Less job security.. Management keeps changing ideas and priorities. Motive was acquired by ALU which became Nokia and things went south from then on..
Productive Project Teams, Engaged, Customer Focus
Technical Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Murray Hill, NJJune 15, 2017
Daily team meetings to review and report out project progress identifying any issues/risks for open discussion to decide if resolution is within timeframe or if escalation is required.

Learnings based on effective team management and the value to complete tasks in the required timeframe to achieve release level milestones.

Workplace culture is clear, concise and open communication. Mostly all business related, very limited social activities. Management supported flexible work schedules and virtual offices.

The challenge of the job was resource management. Moving resources from one project to another to ensure activities on a critical path meet schedule and the overall project remains within budget.

The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting on-time customer deliveries.
Pros
Friendly environment, flexible work schedules, ability to work from home when needed, yearly bonus.
Cons
Reduced workforce, international workforce (early mornings and late night meetings), working vacations to maintain on project schedule, stressful at times, resource constraints.
good working place
UI DEVELOPER (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJune 12, 2017
it was a nice working place , and wonderful friends to work with and great building . it is really great to work in Nokia , and nice salary with great benefits
No tienes vida personal.
INFORMATION RETAIL COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  ColoradoJune 7, 2017
No hay vida personal siempre tienes que llevar trabajo a casa.
Great workplace
Staff Developer (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 5, 2017
Nokia is a great company with many benefits and great challenges.
All in all it was a great company. You will be expected to be pushed hard to both achieve the concepts and excel at your position. Help is needed if you wish but expect them to make your situation seem like a walk in the park. If you work hard, they will pay good. If you wimp out, don't expect much.
Excellent and fun company to work
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZJune 4, 2017
A typical day at work was to go to an assigned job location and complete it per the customer request. Great company to work for during my years with them. I have learned so much independently as Field Technician. I had a great relation with my co-workers and management. I was complete project deadline and new technology. The hardest part of the job was being on the road long-term. The enjoyable part of the job was the knowledge and education to learn new things.
Pros
Learning new technology
Cons
100% travel on the road six months and longer.
Exceptional experience
Optimization Sr. RF Engineer (Contractor) (Former Employee) –  Calabasas, CAMay 31, 2017
I was privileged to work with some exceptional folks, management, and state of the art equipment/technology. A very promoting and innovating atmosphere.
International company with a heart for the employee
Electronics Technician II (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLMay 30, 2017
Originally started at Technophone, a company purchased by Nokia in 1991. In 1994, the Technophone brand was retired. During that interim period, the Service Department met and exceeded a repair quota, and was treated to the afternoon off -- at the beach, with food, drinks, and a custom-designed Technophone T-Shirt. When the Technophone brand name was retired at the end of 1994, we got our final Technophone Christmas bonus check (one week's pay) -- as well as a Nokia Christmas bonus check (another week's pay)!
Productive, Professional Work Environment
Service Operations Field Technician (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 29, 2017
I enjoyed my time working as a contract worker for Nokia. The team I worked with were professional, on top of achieving our necessary goals and provided clear answers toward tackling technical issues that may have been encountered while working out in the field. I miss being part of this group very much, but all things usually do come to an end.
Pros
Great bosses, flexible hours, good management
Cons
No long term job security
Nokia makes hostile takeovers
RF Hardware Test Platform Design Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Dublin,OHMay 27, 2017
Nokia makes hostile takeovers, laying everyone off within 3 years of acquisition. Purchased Alcatel-Lucent for their US customers. Pretty much no mercy.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 26, 2017
Great place to work. International organization with great HR and management team. Lots of opportunity for advancement. I'd recommend Nokia to a friend.
Great Place To Work
Senior Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ILMay 26, 2017
Nokia purchased Alcatel-Lucent in 2016. Transition to the new company has been somewhat difficult, new culture and new priorities to work through.

That being said, Nokia is a great place to work. Would definitely recommend this company to anyone.
First Job
SENIOR TECHNICAL PROGRAM MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILMay 25, 2017
Company was good for growth and exposure, but as more responsibility came I was left in the same title with eth same pay and told I was young in the company and no need to rush to get a raise. Taught me a lot about working ways of corporate America.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Discrimination
Good company culture, but erratic work pace
Senior Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Murray Hill, NJMay 23, 2017
Nokia was a good environment to work within from an internal workplace culture standpoint. However, the Telecom industry in general was one of "very fast" or "very slow" paced - never balanced. It made balancing your work and personal life difficult at times.
Pros
Compensation and benefits
Cons
Erratic and unpredictable work pace
Was a productive and challenging place to work
Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHMay 15, 2017
After being informed that the department would not be impacted adversely by Alcatel-Lucent buy out by NOKIA I was informed few months later that my job junction was no longer required and that I would be disconnected from network end of day.
Pros
Highly motivated team
Cons
Support tools
unstable work environment due to too many M&A
Management Supervisor (Current Employee) –  NJMay 13, 2017
very long hours for people wants to get things done, but for people who doesn't care much (up to 40% in a group) could take time off almost every other week which is acceptable by European Nokia management
Great Environment to Grow.
Sr. Technical Program/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CAMay 9, 2017
Great Environment to grow and learn the latest/greatest technologies. Access to all learning resources easily available. Management supportive of learning and career progress.
Pros
Excellent Learning Opportunities and Career Growth, Flexible Manager
Very Complicated Organizational Structure and Processes
Vice-President Applications & Analytics (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 4, 2017
Company is built / managed to control costs not to grow the business. Multiple overlays in the Organizational Structure. Focus on costs is moving most R&D offshore and importing Engineers from low-cost countries.
Benefits
Cons
Complicated

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nokia. Our community is ready to answer.