Nokia Employee Reviews in United States

One of the few telecom manufacturing companies left
R&D Manager (Former Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILJuly 29, 2016
Nokia is a very energetic and dynamic company with a clear goal to be number one in the Networks business. Nokia is head quartered in Finland and being an international company not based in the U.S., it's primary goal has been to win major telecom carrier business in the U.S.. Nokia set this direction a few years ago and has stuck to it. Nokia is now positioned well in the U.S. with a major acquisition to achieve success. A good company to work for. Good salary, good benefits, good bonuses. If you like the new open modern office arrangement, Nokia has a great work location for you.
Pros
Great people, good salary and bonus, good benefits but downgrading
Cons
Management overseas and remote, career movement hard without relocation
Excelent Benefits and compensation
Remote Customer Technical Support Tier (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILJuly 28, 2016
Since I was just laid off, I am not very happy. The upper management is very hands off. Communicate via email and it is usually a sales pitch.
Global company with lots of changes
Senior Support & Outage Engineer HCL and ALU (Current Employee) –  Work at HomeJuly 7, 2016
Outage Engineer/Manager and Senior Technical Support Engineer.

Work on global customer outages for wireless network. Also, provide technical support for various reported KPI and Hardware related issues.
Pros
work from home
Cons
Global company with outsourcing
Nokia - Experience
Sr NPO Engineer (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJune 20, 2016
Lots of Internal Politics.
Biased desicions.
Need to follow up with Line Managers for work assignment.
great work environment
Sales Intern (Former Employee) –  长沙市June 14, 2016
1. Prepared daily revenue and net income reports for upper management to assess progress on goals
2. Practiced the new market strategy and sales channel of company to explore new market, which increased
the sales volume of product by 10% per day
New to Nokia was fALU
Consumption Manager (Current Employee) –  virutal njMay 11, 2016
I just started at Nokia as my former company fALU has been acquired recently. I worked at fALU for 18 years.

typical day --> Long hours
what you learned --> work hard, always promote others in a positive light.
management --> strong in most cases
your co-workers --> nervous because of layoffs
the hardest part --> keeping focus with constant company changes (like when ALU was bought by Nokia recently).
most enjoyable - trust from management, flexibility, loving the work you do is motivating.
Pros
flexible
Cons
job security
Good place to work, unfortunately not much stability
Member of Technical Staff (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 9, 2016
Overall Nokia is a good place to work with great work/life balance and good, supportive management. The big downside is that there just isn't much job security.
Pros
Good work/life balance
Cons
Little job security
summary
Solutions Engineer (Current Employee) –  Redmond WaApril 22, 2016
I arrive to the Lab, I check the RF piping, the TOL,

I setup the equipment to prepare for the test cases and then I execute test cases
Pros
I like the Job
Cons
inestability
Very busy at all times
Production Artist, Web Design (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 13, 2016
Web site design, Flash design, from rough prototype to polished design using Photoshop. Creation of logos and graphical elements: icons, buttons and headers and optimized for the Web.

Responsible for communicating with project managers to make sure the designs meet deadlines and product specifications.tudies, product launches and magazine articles
Pros
Great people.
Cons
n/a
Enjoyable Environment, Managers and Co-Workers
On-Site / Field IT Telecommunications Technician (Former Employee) –  Irving, TX and Dallas and RoanokeApril 13, 2016
I was one of the Nortel programmers and On Site Technician. These positions involved the programming of dns, tns, call groups, moves, deletes and revisions.

Also verified service by testing circuits, equipment; identifying and correcting problems.

Daily reports, labeling and summaries using Microsoft Office and Outlook.

Helped maintained network by troubleshooting and repairing outages; testing network back-up procedures; updating documentation.
Pros
Great atmoshere, management and co-workers
Great Working Environment Surrounded by Intelligent People
Technical Engineer (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 7, 2016
I enjoy working at HERE because I am allowed to recommend procedural and operational input on policies and procedures pertaining to new hires, data backup and encryption solutions while providing excellent customer service experience. I appreciate the team bonding events, open door policy and being able to make limitless contributions to the office.

I play a major role in facilitating information to hiring managers that help with the hiring and exiting process pertaining to user accounts and electronic equipment of all employees.

We previously operated under Medio and have been acquired twice in under two years, but I take pride in ensuring that all users adhere to new standards and try to eliminate as much confusion as possible.

The most enjoyable part of the job is working with a great bunch of intelligent people.
Pros
Team bonding events, open door policy, employee contribution is limitless
Cons
Company vision has not been clarified during the two transitions
Life at NOKIA/Alcatel-Lucent
Senior Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Naperville, ILApril 7, 2016
The work here has been challenging and there have been opportunities to grow and develop skills. Colleagues are helpful and supportive. The past few years have been fraught with uncertainty and upheaval.
Nice culture and many great people to work with together
Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 23, 2016
A great company to work with. Would expect better products for customers and time to market of product launch. I really hope nokia will be the mobile giant again in near future.
Great place to work.
Sr. Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 22, 2016
Nokia was a great place to work before it was acquired by Microsoft.
The San Diego site is now closed. It will be sorely missed.
Diverse Environment, Good community culture
Executive/Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMarch 16, 2016
Fun place to work, innovative, creative, lots of growth potential, good management, good communication. Relaxed, open working space, flexible hours, good team spirit.
Pros
Geography - very close to home
Cons
I'm not working there anymore
Good but not great
ACST (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHMarch 14, 2016
The pay was good, the benefits were good. Typical day varied. Sometimes you were busy, sometimes not. Usually end of quarter was the busiest. Management was just a title. Most if not all questions were answered by co-workers or engineering. NO job advancement what-so-ever. Biggest thing I learned was: Do not work for a company with a contract thru a union. You will lose!
One of the best companies to work for because of the diversified and unlimited opportunity for growth and leadership.
ADVERTISING AND CREATIVE SERVICES MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 9, 2016
I enjoyed my career with Nokia immensely. The global reach and experience I received and contributed to was rewarding at many levels. The teams I was able to both lead and work with from research and development to creative and launch, were exceptionally skilled and proficient. The corporate atmosphere communicated integrity.
Pros
Worked with agencies, internal research and development and marketing professionals all over the globe.
Cons
Workload was often intense with 4am and 10pm conferences and deadlines. However, the company was always great at making up for that with additional benefits.
Great Company
Construction Manager (Former Employee) –  ArizonaFebruary 16, 2016
Nokia is a professional and respectful company who provides clear, concise direction with daily calls to verify goals are being met and any issues can be handled.
Poor company for US based employees
Senior Software Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILJanuary 29, 2016
The salary and benefits were very competitive however US based employees were considered "high cost" and as a result always under threat of job loss.
Pros
benefits / time off
Cons
no job security
Good place to work if they are not downsizing
R&D Engineer (Former Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILJanuary 26, 2016
Good pay and benefits.
Location was being downsized so there was much a future.
The hours were 9-5 and the co-workers were excellent.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Location was downsized

4.2