Nokia

Nokia Employee Reviews

Mobile company
Senior Voice Specialist - North America (Former Employee), Irving, TXAugust 12, 2015
Nokia was at one time the leading manufacturer of mobile devices.

In early years Nokia provided the best product that could be found
Contractor Input
Accounts Payable (Former Employee), TexasAugust 11, 2015
Pros: On site Cafe
Cons: Micro-managers, No work/life balance
As a contractor, I would personally NOT work for Nokia full-time and permanent. I get to hear the full-time, perm employees complain everyday about their benefits, their jobs, their leadership and their management. I am glad that I am only a contractor there for a bit longer.
Job Description
Retail Sales Advisor (Former Employee), One MobileAugust 2, 2015
Maintains an awareness of all promotions and advertisements; Assists in processing and replenishing merchandise and monitoring floor stock. Assist in floor moves, merchandising, display maintenance, and housekeeping. Help customers in locating merchandise; Assist in completing price changes within the department. Communicate customer requests to management. Participate in year-end inventory and cycle counts. Assist in ringing up sales at registers and bagging merchandise. Ensures that each customer receives outstanding service by providing a friendly environment, which includes greeting and acknowledging every customer, maintaining solid product knowledge and all other aspects of customer service. Any other tasks as assigned from time to time by any manager.
Technology innovation leader
Demand and Availability Manager, in Brazil and USA (Former Employee), Irving - TXJuly 24, 2015
Pros: Respect and support to personal growth
Cons: Insisted in create their own OS
Global leader in the segment for about a decade. Very innovative. Top on technological trends. Respect to the human side of employees. Real support to career growth
Great company culture that is very human
Engine SW Principal Engineer / Line Manager (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJuly 20, 2015
Company stressed on great people and culture with no hidden agenda at the individual level
Great benefits but limited opportunities outside of Finland
Golden Cuffs
Operations Program Manager (Former Employee), Arlington Heights, ILJune 28, 2015
Telephony and Nokia is a no growth business. Select job functions are well rewarded others you are stuck, where you enter.

Old timers who are there, drawing decent salaries, thus put up with long hours/ off hours work to support the bureaucratic Europen company.
Company trying to reinvent itself.
Principal Software Engineer (Former Employee), Sunnyvale, CAMay 27, 2015
Pros: Snacks
Cons: Business & technology choices
Company lost their premiere position in cell phones and struggles to reinvent itself. Lots of socializing. If you like that.
Great Team
Service Manager, Nokia Store (Current Employee), Burlington, MAMay 17, 2015
Great place to work. Plenty of opportunities. It's unfortunate they went in a different business direction. I really enjoyed the opportunities and education I received.
this is the very good place to work
Test Engineer (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXMarch 31, 2015
• Performed all installation, repair automation mechanical line, calibration and maintenance of cellular phone test systems in a time manner, which minimizes equipment down time.
• Monitor, inspect and maintain automated test systems in order to prevent and minimize malfunction. Maintain data for improvement follow up.

 Analyzed first field failures for North American products. Entered returned products into database, including phone information, symptom and fault information, as well as diagnostic notes.
 Performed functions such as diagnostic to component level and verification applications in phone. Uploaded and upgraded product software. Set up final UI test station as well as auto tune and calibration.
 Recorded and provided feedback to improve product quality and reliability.
 Investigated sample collection of defect components. Held responsibility for inventory of swap stock phones, test equipment and service tools.
I enjoyed everything about working at Nokia.
Marketing Events Specialist (Former Employee), Irving, TXMarch 28, 2015
Pros: Everything
Cons: layoffs
I started in HR at Nokia and was promoted to Corporate Communications. My next move took me to Marketing, which was the remainder of my tenure with them.

Great company to work for and learned and grew alot. I would do it all over again.

Unfortunately, layoffs happened and I was one of the numbers, Marketing is usually one of the first departments that takes the hit, otherwise I would still be there.

This company had a wonderful culture and attitude about its employees and that is why everyone was so loyal.
Global Environment with Great People
Global Head Product Marketing (Former Employee), San DiegoMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Free Gym, travel, 401k match, global career path options
Cons: long workdays, no bonuses for last 5 yrs
Loved working in Nokia, global business is addictive, no repetition since the market moves so fast, great people and teamwork, management was only email or call away.
BigData Architect/Lead (Current Employee), Irving, TXMarch 2, 2015
Good work-life balance, results matter most - no any control freaks in management
Great work environment with very bright and talented colleagues
Worse Management I have ever seen in 18 years in this industry.
CST (Cell Site Technician) (Former Employee), Louisville, KYFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: pay
Cons: stress you don't need - there are companies managing better.
12 plus hour days. Whatever it takes that day and never address concerns. Management blames all short-comings on field workers and usually fire them.
loyal to my company
counceller (Current Employee), Indiana, PAFebruary 21, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: healthcare
1st it may be hard to manage all the things.i have learned lots of experience.i have also good quality to manage all the things.my co-workers always support to me.The management parts is most hard to me.The working experience is most enjoyable.
GOOD company to work
QA Tester / Consultant (Former Employee), TXFebruary 18, 2015
The work culture was European. Most of the project decisions were made in Finland and applied globally. I was able to learn more about QA and how it is done in telcom industry
Long hours low pay and no advancement
Program / Operations Manager (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: able to work from home
Cons: no recognition, growth or development
Nokia did nothing to balance work and personal life. I worked excessive hours on projects (19 hrs - 22 hrs) for three weeks straight. When I asked to level load told there was nothing that could be done.
Very Productive easy going work place
T-Mobile/ Sprint CST/BTS Engineer (Former Employee), Nashville, TNFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: able to learn on the fly
Cons: geographical area
• Responsible for Overseeing site build
• Managed Contractors, - GC’s & Tiger team
• Responsible for training new CST’S
• Responsible for 1900 LTE & 2G Software upgrades - commissioning & integration
• System Module Installation & Replacement via RMA Form
• FSMF/ FXFC/ FYGE/ESMB/ FIQB/replacement
• Responsible for the delivery of equipment
• LMU Troubleshooting
• Call testing on both technology’s
• Coax Cable replacement
• RF Jumper Troubleshooting
• Swapped Sector Troubleshooting
• GPS Troubleshooting
No Job Security
Territory Account Manager (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: work at home
Cons: advancement in your career was limited
The company had great potential, but they tended to limit themselves due to the overall "boys club" atmosphere.

Management consisted of all men, and 90% of them went to school together or were friends that hired friends.
Fast paced consumer electronics company
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer II (Former Employee), San Diego, CAFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: -flexible hours
Cons: -heavy work cycles with big swings
-Fast paced working cycle
-Stimulating and challenging products
-Multi-disciplinary collaboration
-Frequent travel
-Heavy work cycles with big swings
-Flexible hours
Was a great company to work for
Technical Customization Specialist (Former Employee), Irving, TXJanuary 17, 2015
Relaxed environment where people can develop their potential to the maximum possible.
Inclusive and professional.
One of the best experiences in my life