Nokia Employee Reviews in United States

One of the few telecom manufacturing companies left
R&D Manager (Former Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILJuly 29, 2016
Nokia is a very energetic and dynamic company with a clear goal to be number one in the Networks business. Nokia is head quartered in Finland and being an international company not based in the U.S., it's primary goal has been to win major telecom carrier business in the U.S.. Nokia set this direction a few years ago and has stuck to it. Nokia is now positioned well in the U.S. with a major acquisition to achieve success. A good company to work for. Good salary, good benefits, good bonuses. If you like the new open modern office arrangement, Nokia has a great work location for you.
Pros
Great people, good salary and bonus, good benefits but downgrading
Cons
Management overseas and remote, career movement hard without relocation
Nokia
Marketing Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXAugust 18, 2016
This was one of the best companies that I have ever worked for. The work/life balance is not just a catch phrase with this company, it is an ideal that is lived by everyone in the company. Co-workers and managers are phenomenal, and you really feel valued and appreciated by all. The pay is fair, if not higher than most, and the work environment was fun and challenging.
New to Nokia was fALU
Consumption Manager (Current Employee) –  virutal njMay 11, 2016
I just started at Nokia as my former company fALU has been acquired recently. I worked at fALU for 18 years.

typical day --> Long hours
what you learned --> work hard, always promote others in a positive light.
management --> strong in most cases
your co-workers --> nervous because of layoffs
the hardest part --> keeping focus with constant company changes (like when ALU was bought by Nokia recently).
most enjoyable - trust from management, flexibility, loving the work you do is motivating.
Pros
flexible
Cons
job security
Enjoyable Environment, Managers and Co-Workers
On-Site / Field IT Telecommunications Technician (Former Employee) –  Irving, TX and Dallas and RoanokeApril 13, 2016
I was one of the Nortel programmers and On Site Technician. These positions involved the programming of dns, tns, call groups, moves, deletes and revisions.

Also verified service by testing circuits, equipment; identifying and correcting problems.

Daily reports, labeling and summaries using Microsoft Office and Outlook.

Helped maintained network by troubleshooting and repairing outages; testing network back-up procedures; updating documentation.
Pros
Great atmoshere, management and co-workers
Nokia is in constant state of fluctuation. If you are looking for a place to work where you can feel secure about your job, I do not recommend Nokia.
Training Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 14, 2016
I have mixed feelings about Nokia after having worked there for 5 years. It is a company that has taken great risks, at the expensive of its employees, to try to become the global leader in the wireless communication industry. It is a highly-ethical company that does business with customers the right way. I believe that some competitors are not as ethical as Nokia causing Nokia to lose business to its competitors. This forces Nokia to focus on profits, which adversely affects customer satisfaction and employee moral. If you are considering a job at Nokia, I recommend that you keep your resume up-to-date because there is very little job security.
Pros
Highly Ethical, competitive salaries
Cons
below average employee benefits, constantly laying off employees
Global company with lots of changes
Senior Support & Outage Engineer HCL and ALU (Current Employee) –  Work at HomeJuly 7, 2016
Outage Engineer/Manager and Senior Technical Support Engineer.

Work on global customer outages for wireless network. Also, provide technical support for various reported KPI and Hardware related issues.
Pros
work from home
Cons
Global company with outsourcing
Very busy at all times
Production Artist, Web Design (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 13, 2016
Web site design, Flash design, from rough prototype to polished design using Photoshop. Creation of logos and graphical elements: icons, buttons and headers and optimized for the Web.

Responsible for communicating with project managers to make sure the designs meet deadlines and product specifications.tudies, product launches and magazine articles
Pros
Great people.
Cons
n/a
One of the best companies to work for because of the diversified and unlimited opportunity for growth and leadership.
ADVERTISING AND CREATIVE SERVICES MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 9, 2016
I enjoyed my career with Nokia immensely. The global reach and experience I received and contributed to was rewarding at many levels. The teams I was able to both lead and work with from research and development to creative and launch, were exceptionally skilled and proficient. The corporate atmosphere communicated integrity.
Pros
Worked with agencies, internal research and development and marketing professionals all over the globe.
Cons
Workload was often intense with 4am and 10pm conferences and deadlines. However, the company was always great at making up for that with additional benefits.
Great Place to Work
RAN Engineer (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXAugust 5, 2016
It's one of the best companies I've ever worked by far, I really enjoy working there, There were great experiencies and oportunities to keep in mind and get them, I learnt to be in the technology cutting edge, being aware where telecommunications are going forward.
Navteq was perfect. Then they were purchased by Nokia.
SYSTEMS ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDAugust 7, 2016
Nokia basically ran this company into the ground. The restructuring made sense, from an external perspective. Unfortunately, there was very little attention paid to specific job skills for the company's proprietary software. Soon it was deemed that overseas production facilities could do the same job for less. They could not, and quality suffered. Nevertheless, scores of the most qualified people had already been sent packing. Quality languished. The company lost touch with its employees and the job culture deteriorated. Middle management became focused on pleasing upper management. Creativity collapsed and was replaced by a yes-men atmosphere. Long term dedicated employees still strove to make the company profitable, but under Nokia's mismanagement the stock lost three quarters of its value.
Pros
Relatively good pay and benefits for the area.
Cons
No job security, perks and the best insurance plan curtailed.
Good but not great
ACST (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHMarch 14, 2016
The pay was good, the benefits were good. Typical day varied. Sometimes you were busy, sometimes not. Usually end of quarter was the busiest. Management was just a title. Most if not all questions were answered by co-workers or engineering. NO job advancement what-so-ever. Biggest thing I learned was: Do not work for a company with a contract thru a union. You will lose!
great work environment
Sales Intern (Former Employee) –  长沙市June 14, 2016
1. Prepared daily revenue and net income reports for upper management to assess progress on goals
2. Practiced the new market strategy and sales channel of company to explore new market, which increased
the sales volume of product by 10% per day
Good place to work, unfortunately not much stability
Member of Technical Staff (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 9, 2016
Overall Nokia is a good place to work with great work/life balance and good, supportive management. The big downside is that there just isn't much job security.
Pros
Good work/life balance
Cons
Little job security
amir ali best nokia mobile set smart phone
Telephone Operator (Current Employee) –  Lahore, VAJanuary 16, 2016
I certify that this review is based on my own experience and is my genuine opinion of this hotel, and that I have no personal or business relationship with this establishment, and have not been offered any incentive or payment originating from the establishment to write this review. I understand that TripAdvisor has a zero-tolerance policy on fake rev
Pros
muslman
Cons
amir
Diverse Environment, Good community culture
Executive/Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMarch 16, 2016
Fun place to work, innovative, creative, lots of growth potential, good management, good communication. Relaxed, open working space, flexible hours, good team spirit.
Pros
Geography - very close to home
Cons
I'm not working there anymore
Excelent Benefits and compensation
Remote Customer Technical Support Tier (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILJuly 28, 2016
Since I was just laid off, I am not very happy. The upper management is very hands off. Communicate via email and it is usually a sales pitch.
Life at NOKIA/Alcatel-Lucent
Senior Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Naperville, ILApril 7, 2016
The work here has been challenging and there have been opportunities to grow and develop skills. Colleagues are helpful and supportive. The past few years have been fraught with uncertainty and upheaval.
Great Working Environment Surrounded by Intelligent People
Technical Engineer (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 7, 2016
I enjoy working at HERE because I am allowed to recommend procedural and operational input on policies and procedures pertaining to new hires, data backup and encryption solutions while providing excellent customer service experience. I appreciate the team bonding events, open door policy and being able to make limitless contributions to the office.

I play a major role in facilitating information to hiring managers that help with the hiring and exiting process pertaining to user accounts and electronic equipment of all employees.

We previously operated under Medio and have been acquired twice in under two years, but I take pride in ensuring that all users adhere to new standards and try to eliminate as much confusion as possible.

The most enjoyable part of the job is working with a great bunch of intelligent people.
Pros
Team bonding events, open door policy, employee contribution is limitless
Cons
Company vision has not been clarified during the two transitions
Nice culture and many great people to work with together
Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 23, 2016
A great company to work with. Would expect better products for customers and time to market of product launch. I really hope nokia will be the mobile giant again in near future.
Fun and fast pace place to work
Sourcing Project Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 18, 2016
The Great people, awesome atmosphere, and flex hours that promoted a job / personal balance that minimized stress. Nokia stress the importance of proper work and personal balance to each employee to avoid burn out and ensure fewer turn over.
Pros
Flex hours, great people
Cons
n/a