Nokia

Nokia Employee Reviews

Great Team
Service Manager, Nokia Store (Current Employee), Burlington, MAMay 17, 2015
Great place to work. Plenty of opportunities. It's unfortunate they went in a different business direction. I really enjoyed the opportunities and education I received.
this is the very good place to work
Test Engineer (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXMarch 31, 2015
• Performed all installation, repair automation mechanical line, calibration and maintenance of cellular phone test systems in a time manner, which minimizes equipment down time.
• Monitor, inspect and maintain automated test systems in order to prevent and minimize malfunction. Maintain data for improvement follow up.

 Analyzed first field failures for North American products. Entered returned products into database, including phone information, symptom and fault information, as well as diagnostic notes.
 Performed functions such as diagnostic to component level and verification applications in phone. Uploaded and upgraded product software. Set up final UI test station as well as auto tune and calibration.
 Recorded and provided feedback to improve product quality and reliability.
 Investigated sample collection of defect components. Held responsibility for inventory of swap stock phones, test equipment and service tools.
I enjoyed everything about working at Nokia.
Marketing Events Specialist (Former Employee), Irving, TXMarch 28, 2015
Pros: Everything
Cons: layoffs
I started in HR at Nokia and was promoted to Corporate Communications. My next move took me to Marketing, which was the remainder of my tenure with them.

Great company to work for and learned and grew alot. I would do it all over again.

Unfortunately, layoffs happened and I was one of the numbers, Marketing is usually one of the first departments that takes the hit, otherwise I would still be there.

This company had a wonderful culture and attitude about its employees and that is why everyone was so loyal.
Global Environment with Great People
Global Head Product Marketing (Former Employee), San DiegoMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Free Gym, travel, 401k match, global career path options
Cons: long workdays, no bonuses for last 5 yrs
Loved working in Nokia, global business is addictive, no repetition since the market moves so fast, great people and teamwork, management was only email or call away.
BigData Architect/Lead (Current Employee), Irving, TXMarch 2, 2015
Good work-life balance, results matter most - no any control freaks in management
Great work environment with very bright and talented colleagues
Worse Management I have ever seen in 18 years in this industry.
CST (Cell Site Technician) (Former Employee), Louisville, KYFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: pay
Cons: stress you don't need - there are companies managing better.
12 plus hour days. Whatever it takes that day and never address concerns. Management blames all short-comings on field workers and usually fire them.
loyal to my company
counceller (Current Employee), Indiana, PAFebruary 21, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: healthcare
1st it may be hard to manage all the things.i have learned lots of experience.i have also good quality to manage all the things.my co-workers always support to me.The management parts is most hard to me.The working experience is most enjoyable.
GOOD company to work
QA Tester / Consultant (Former Employee), TXFebruary 18, 2015
The work culture was European. Most of the project decisions were made in Finland and applied globally. I was able to learn more about QA and how it is done in telcom industry
Long hours low pay and no advancement
Program / Operations Manager (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: able to work from home
Cons: no recognition, growth or development
Nokia did nothing to balance work and personal life. I worked excessive hours on projects (19 hrs - 22 hrs) for three weeks straight. When I asked to level load told there was nothing that could be done.
Very Productive easy going work place
T-Mobile/ Sprint CST/BTS Engineer (Former Employee), Nashville, TNFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: able to learn on the fly
Cons: geographical area
• Responsible for Overseeing site build
• Managed Contractors, - GC’s & Tiger team
• Responsible for training new CST’S
• Responsible for 1900 LTE & 2G Software upgrades - commissioning & integration
• System Module Installation & Replacement via RMA Form
• FSMF/ FXFC/ FYGE/ESMB/ FIQB/replacement
• Responsible for the delivery of equipment
• LMU Troubleshooting
• Call testing on both technology’s
• Coax Cable replacement
• RF Jumper Troubleshooting
• Swapped Sector Troubleshooting
• GPS Troubleshooting
No Job Security
Territory Account Manager (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: work at home
Cons: advancement in your career was limited
The company had great potential, but they tended to limit themselves due to the overall "boys club" atmosphere.

Management consisted of all men, and 90% of them went to school together or were friends that hired friends.
Fast paced consumer electronics company
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer II (Former Employee), San Diego, CAFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: -flexible hours
Cons: -heavy work cycles with big swings
-Fast paced working cycle
-Stimulating and challenging products
-Multi-disciplinary collaboration
-Frequent travel
-Heavy work cycles with big swings
-Flexible hours
Was a great company to work for
Technical Customization Specialist (Former Employee), Irving, TXJanuary 17, 2015
Relaxed environment where people can develop their potential to the maximum possible.
Inclusive and professional.
One of the best experiences in my life
Shrinking US workforce
R&D Technical Program Manager (Former Employee), Arlington Heights, ILJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: pay was good
Cons: might get laid off
Challenging technical work. Poor internal control and quality systems. Prone to drop-of-the-hat project reshuffling and reorganization.
NSN
BTS Manager (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNJanuary 8, 2015
This is an outstanding company with great culture and pride and respect for it's employees. I would recommend NSN to anyone looking for a stable position. Hours and benefits are flexible, this company provides many options for advancement.
Production
Test Engineer (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXDecember 25, 2014
The most enjoyable part of the job, they have all the tools, equipment and parts when I need it do my job and they also provided all the training and I learned alot when work for Nokia and this is best company I work for.
Senior PCB Design Engineer (Former Employee), San Diego, CADecember 22, 2014
Pros: great team of people to work with.
Cons: healthcare is expensive. microsoft bought the nokia division and laid-off most of ex nokians.
Nokia is a great place to work at. You work with a lot of smart people who are very dedicated. I have learned a lot during my time at Nokia. My co-workers are easy to work with and are willing to help even staying late to meet the schedule. The hardest part is the constant changes before the first release. The best part is that you are your own boss.
Nokia is a greata company
Sourcing Project Manager (Former Employee), San Diego, CaDecember 13, 2014
I loved working at Nokia. I truly miss working for this great company. It broke my heart that Microsoft purchased the portion of the company that I was involved and then I got laid off. I do wish you all the best
Great company with severe top leadership problem
Lead Software Engineer (Current Employee), Sunnyvale, CADecember 12, 2014
It's a great company with passioned and skillful engineers who can innovate and deliver. However, the top leaders keep pointing to the wrong direction, throwing their customers under the bus, replacing good platforms with the bad one, giving up market share as quickly as firing everyone. I had an email conversation with the former CEO, and the history clearly proved everything he said was totally wrong and what I said was totally correct. Unfortunately, he was the CEO and I was nobody.
Real focus on work-life balance
DFx Manager, US region (Former Employee), Dallas, TXDecember 9, 2014
work hard, play hard, vacation hard. real focus on work together and work-life balance

1 2 3 4 5

About Nokia

Nokia Corporation (Nokia) is engaged in the manufacturing of mobile devices and in converging Internet and communications industries. – Read more