Nokia

Nokia Employer Reviews

hard & soul my best level
as my education& exprience (Current Employee), any country except south asiaJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: no requerment
Cons: short break
the most enjoyable part of the job also i like that i am a well wisher of this company.
Was a great company to work for
Technical Customization Specialist (Former Employee), Irving, TXJanuary 17, 2015
Relaxed environment where people can develop their potential to the maximum possible.
Inclusive and professional.
One of the best experiences in my life
Shrinking US workforce
R&D Technical Program Manager (Former Employee), Arlington Heights, ILJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: pay was good
Cons: might get laid off
Challenging technical work. Poor internal control and quality systems. Prone to drop-of-the-hat project reshuffling and reorganization.
NSN
BTS Manager (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNJanuary 8, 2015
This is an outstanding company with great culture and pride and respect for it's employees. I would recommend NSN to anyone looking for a stable position. Hours and benefits are flexible, this company provides many options for advancement.
Production
Test Engineer (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXDecember 25, 2014
The most enjoyable part of the job, they have all the tools, equipment and parts when I need it do my job and they also provided all the training and I learned alot when work for Nokia and this is best company I work for.
Senior PCB Design Engineer (Former Employee), San Diego, CADecember 22, 2014
Pros: great team of people to work with.
Cons: healthcare is expensive. microsoft bought the nokia division and laid-off most of ex nokians.
Nokia is a great place to work at. You work with a lot of smart people who are very dedicated. I have learned a lot during my time at Nokia. My co-workers are easy to work with and are willing to help even staying late to meet the schedule. The hardest part is the constant changes before the first release. The best part is that you are your own boss.
Nokia is a greata company
Sourcing Project Manager (Former Employee), San Diego, CaDecember 13, 2014
I loved working at Nokia. I truly miss working for this great company. It broke my heart that Microsoft purchased the portion of the company that I was involved and then I got laid off. I do wish you all the best
Great company with severe top leadership problem
Lead Software Engineer (Current Employee), Sunnyvale, CADecember 12, 2014
It's a great company with passioned and skillful engineers who can innovate and deliver. However, the top leaders keep pointing to the wrong direction, throwing their customers under the bus, replacing good platforms with the bad one, giving up market share as quickly as firing everyone. I had an email conversation with the former CEO, and the history clearly proved everything he said was totally wrong and what I said was totally correct. Unfortunately, he was the CEO and I was nobody.
Real focus on work-life balance
DFx Manager, US region (Former Employee), Dallas, TXDecember 9, 2014
work hard, play hard, vacation hard. real focus on work together and work-life balance
its a 24/7 on call job.
SLM Access Engineer in Managed Services (Current Employee), STC, Al BahaNovember 26, 2014
Most challenging job.but I love to face obstacles .And I believe on team work and one can achieve all goals if he manages things in right direction with timely decision having dedicated team of those willing horses who always shows commitment and professional approach in fixing issues and supporting others thru sharing information & experience.
I love to work & lead in such atmosphere to improve my skills and knowledge which ultimate beneficial to our customer & company.
Great Culture but fatal decisions by C-Level Suite
North America Care Senior Manager (Former Employee), Irving, TXNovember 20, 2014
Pros: great culture
Cons: nokia deivces group no longer exists
Nokia Devices Group sold to Microsoft and deal closed in early May'15. 90 days later 50% (approx. 13k) employees were made redundant. Microsft not really in the hardware business...who would have thought????
Reputable company
Product Test Manager - Sr. Quality Engineer (Former Employee), San Diego, CANovember 20, 2014
Nokia is a very reputable company that has many great qualities and allowed me to share my expertise, learn new technologies and put in practice my leadership qualities helping me to grow professionally. I was able to expand my professional horizons, knowledge & expertise and also be involved on new challenges.
Very Hard Working People
Software Engineer (Former Employee), San Diego, CANovember 4, 2014
Every body here work really hard to achieve their goals.
Lot of social events, like halloween, christmas
Senior Engineer, ATP (Former Employee), San Diego, CANovember 3, 2014
Pros: great life balance, salary, work environment, culture, opportinities
Cons: poor managment
Nokia provided all support for the employees in Education and opportunities to skills development and reallocation.
Excellent, job enviroment, job security culture,
DESIGN VALIDATION TEST ENGINEER (Former Employee), San Diego, CANovember 2, 2014
Pros: bonus
Cons: change operative system to windows enviroment.
I worked for 13 years on this you feel excellent enviroment respect for the human.
Good job to learn
Hadoop data management intern (Former Employee), BurlingtonOctober 24, 2014
- I got a chance to learn HADOOP, which was a major advantage.
- Very supportive team and work culture
Good company as long as it stays in the business
Manager/Program Manager, Test Engineering (Current Employee), San Diego, CAOctober 23, 2014
Pros: great 401k compensation. relaxed work enviorment
Cons: job security after being acquired by microsoft
Used to be great company with relaxed working environment. Great 401K compensation with decent base pay.
Good to work for
SI (Current Employee), Dallas, TXOctober 17, 2014
Pros: free coffee
Cons: nothing
Good to work for life time.. I wish to work for Nokia some day as i am working as external here. Good learning and good feedback.
Its all a moot point now
Product Quality Manager (Former Employee), San Diego, CAOctober 16, 2014
Pros: not sure, microsoft laid me off after acquisition
Cons: future success of windows mobile os is questionable
Nokia was a great place to work, as long as business success is not important to you ;-) San Diego site had excellent R&D talent, able to execute great products. Too bad our platforms were commercial dogs (Symbian and Windows). Other problem was limited local advancement due to lack of growth. Now this group is under Microsoft, and upper management has all changed for the worse.
Work offers greater individual responsibility and also provides experiences for advancement
Project Implementation Manager (Former Employee), Philippines and Nokia Global project officesOctober 7, 2014
Work offers individual responsibility for the role being undertaken.
Dealing with all kinds of people, interfacing with various entities and provision of experiences for advancement.

1 2 3 4 5

About Nokia

Nokia Corporation (Nokia) is engaged in the manufacturing of mobile devices and in converging Internet and communications industries. – Read more