Nokia

Nokia Employer Reviews

Off hours, no advancement, high turn over rate
Traffic Editor (Current Employee), ChicagoFebruary 16, 2014
Pros: supervisors, co-workers, benefits package
Cons: everything else
Being a traffic editor at Nokia may be the most under appreciated but overworked departments in the company. You are expected to work off hours, no holidays, no normal weekends (unless you magically get Saturday/Sunday as your off days), no half days, and if you want to take any time off you have to use your own PTO as there are no office closings or – more... work from home options. If it snows 2 feet of snow overnight you are still expected to show up to work even if it means driving on unplowed, whited out roads, which has happened quite a few times this winter.

The job itself is a joke. Most zones covered are not very active so early in the morning or overnights. Yet start times still are as early as 4am or as late as 11pm. The pay is not great considering the off schedule and personal toll the off shifts take on people. (sleep schedule, sitting in a chair for 8 straight hours, etc) Despite plenty of employees' complaints regarding the schedule structure, holidays/weekends situation, pay, etc the managers' responses are always "we can't do anything about that". They wonder why employee morale is low, and it's because of a lack of effort to appease anyone.

There is no advancement within the department except for becoming a "senior editor", a position they created when people complained of no advancement within the department. Needless to say, the job doesn't change if you are a senior editor and once you are a senior editor there is again, nowhere to move up in the department. It is as dead end as a job can get and the turn over rate is constant as people realize the problems and realize in order for a career they have to look elsewhere. The people who stay are either complacent or just waiting to get out. The high turnover rate plays a large role in why policies aren't changed, because managers are aware that most employees complaining will be leaving soon. – less
Great company
Senior Industrial Designer (Current Employee), BeijingFebruary 1, 2014
Great vision, great people, great opportunities and above all, great culture.
Great talented people who are eager to solve technology challenges
Product Manager / Manager of Product Optimization (Current Employee), Malvern, PAJanuary 31, 2014
Challenging, energized environment working with colleagues who enjoy challenges and are looking to solve problems in the best way possible.
A lot of traveling and very little sports
Process Manager (Former Employee), Helsinki, F19January 27, 2014
Due to my positions, I was traveling the most of my career at Nokia. That hindered my passion for sports.
Accessible managers and executives
External Counsel (Former Employee), Alexandria, VAJanuary 26, 2014
Focused business willing to listen and heed good advice. Difficult issues in a tough industry.
Fun place to work. Challenging work. Great people and enviroment. Many opportunities for advancement.
Material Handler, Inventory Control, Cycle Counter (Former Employee), Fort Worth,TxJanuary 22, 2014
Great place to work with
Engineering Manager (Former Employee), ChicagoJanuary 22, 2014
Great place to work with some of the most talented individuals in the world.
Excellent Company Culture
Director of Outsourcing and ODM Operations (Former Employee), Beijing, ChinaJanuary 15, 2014
Pros: autonomy
Cons: hierachy and movement within the company
I love how Nokia promotes its values and a great work/life balance culture
Perfect place for professional people
IT Help Desk (Deputy Supervisor) (Former Employee), TehrānJanuary 9, 2014
Pros: benefit, appreciate in work
Cons: start work is little bit soon 7:30 am
When I was work in Nokia I was good feeling in work and all of my co-worker have same feeling, management is perfect and every body work in right position
Productive and good working place.
Business Analyst (Former Employee), Mumbai, MHJanuary 2, 2014
Good team and good projects. Overall a good learning experience.
N/A
Technical Support (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJanuary 1, 2014
Nokia is one the best jobs that was available. Great product base and helpful support. Unfortunately, Nokia has moved their offices outside of the US.
Friendly atmosphere
Hardware Technician (Former Employee), Berkeley, CADecember 31, 2013
I thoroughly enjoyed my stay in Nokia. Honestly, the best company I have worked for. The owners would come visit the warehouse often, and would be very friendly and open about any suggestions or concerns. I got my hands on a lot of different jobs, allowing me to fill up resume more. The coworkers are young, with lots of friendliness and jokes.
work with fun
AGT (Former Employee), Navi Mumbai, MHDecember 26, 2013
same work every day.
management was good.
co workers were helpful.
Fantastic place to work
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Tampa, FL and Irving TXDecember 16, 2013
Great place to learn professionally. Terrific Leadership Team, co-workers.
Fun workplace
Junior Project Manager (Former Employee), Tampere, F13December 15, 2013
Very nice plavetowork. Very international, many benefits and very convenient balance peivate life/work.
Flexible Schedule
Engineer (Current Employee), Fargo, NDDecember 9, 2013
Pros: flexible schedules
Cons: concerns with outsourcing
typical day at work is sitting at a desk working on a computer. some positions require domestic and international travel. Work with colleagues around the world every day.
Productive and fun place
Pre-Sales Systems Engineer (Former Employee), Alliance, TXDecember 4, 2013
Productive and fun place.
We troubleshoot, designed and tested latest Nokia phone at that time
Something new happening every day.
Geographic Technician (Former Employee), Fargo, NDDecember 2, 2013
I loved this job. I was able to work on the computer all over the world updating mapping for GPS data.
Was a consultant at Nokia Location & Commerce for their Probe Data project.
J2EE Architect / Oracle Performance Engineer (Former Employee), Chicago, ILNovember 20, 2013
Probe is for analyzing mobile phone gps data for detecting new roads. Enjoyed totally and learnt so much,
Great place to work!
Exec Asst to Dir. of Treasury Director of I&RF (Former Employee), White Plains, NYNovember 20, 2013
Technically challenging and always cutting edge technology.

About Nokia

Nokia is one of the world's leading makers of cell phones. First incorporated in the Finnish city it's named after, Nokia's business – Read more