Nokia Employee Reviews

Excellent and fun company to work
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZJune 4, 2017
A typical day at work was to go to an assigned job location and complete it per the customer request. Great company to work for during my years with them. I have learned so much independently as Field Technician. I had a great relation with my co-workers and management. I was complete project deadline and new technology. The hardest part of the job was being on the road long-term. The enjoyable part of the job was the knowledge and education to learn new things.
Pros
Learning new technology
Cons
100% travel on the road six months and longer.
Exceptional experience
Optimization Sr. RF Engineer (Contractor) (Former Employee) –  Calabasas, CAMay 31, 2017
I was privileged to work with some exceptional folks, management, and state of the art equipment/technology. A very promoting and innovating atmosphere.
International company with a heart for the employee
Electronics Technician II (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLMay 30, 2017
Originally started at Technophone, a company purchased by Nokia in 1991. In 1994, the Technophone brand was retired. During that interim period, the Service Department met and exceeded a repair quota, and was treated to the afternoon off -- at the beach, with food, drinks, and a custom-designed Technophone T-Shirt. When the Technophone brand name was retired at the end of 1994, we got our final Technophone Christmas bonus check (one week's pay) -- as well as a Nokia Christmas bonus check (another week's pay)!
Productive, Professional Work Environment
Service Operations Field Technician (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 29, 2017
I enjoyed my time working as a contract worker for Nokia. The team I worked with were professional, on top of achieving our necessary goals and provided clear answers toward tackling technical issues that may have been encountered while working out in the field. I miss being part of this group very much, but all things usually do come to an end.
Pros
Great bosses, flexible hours, good management
Cons
No long term job security
Nokia makes hostile takeovers
RF Hardware Test Platform Design Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Dublin,OHMay 27, 2017
Nokia makes hostile takeovers, laying everyone off within 3 years of acquisition. Purchased Alcatel-Lucent for their US customers. Pretty much no mercy.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 26, 2017
Great place to work. International organization with great HR and management team. Lots of opportunity for advancement. I'd recommend Nokia to a friend.
Great Place To Work
Senior Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ILMay 26, 2017
Nokia purchased Alcatel-Lucent in 2016. Transition to the new company has been somewhat difficult, new culture and new priorities to work through.

That being said, Nokia is a great place to work. Would definitely recommend this company to anyone.
First Job
SENIOR TECHNICAL PROGRAM MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILMay 25, 2017
Company was good for growth and exposure, but as more responsibility came I was left in the same title with eth same pay and told I was young in the company and no need to rush to get a raise. Taught me a lot about working ways of corporate America.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Discrimination
Good company culture, but erratic work pace
Senior Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Murray Hill, NJMay 23, 2017
Nokia was a good environment to work within from an internal workplace culture standpoint. However, the Telecom industry in general was one of "very fast" or "very slow" paced - never balanced. It made balancing your work and personal life difficult at times.
Pros
Compensation and benefits
Cons
Erratic and unpredictable work pace
Was a productive and challenging place to work
Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHMay 15, 2017
After being informed that the department would not be impacted adversely by Alcatel-Lucent buy out by NOKIA I was informed few months later that my job junction was no longer required and that I would be disconnected from network end of day.
Pros
Highly motivated team
Cons
Support tools
unstable work environment due to too many M&A
Management Supervisor (Current Employee) –  NJMay 13, 2017
very long hours for people wants to get things done, but for people who doesn't care much (up to 40% in a group) could take time off almost every other week which is acceptable by European Nokia management
Great Environment to Grow.
Sr. Technical Program/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CAMay 9, 2017
Great Environment to grow and learn the latest/greatest technologies. Access to all learning resources easily available. Management supportive of learning and career progress.
Pros
Excellent Learning Opportunities and Career Growth, Flexible Manager
Very Complicated Organizational Structure and Processes
Vice-President Applications & Analytics (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 4, 2017
Company is built / managed to control costs not to grow the business. Multiple overlays in the Organizational Structure. Focus on costs is moving most R&D offshore and importing Engineers from low-cost countries.
Benefits
Cons
Complicated
Great Company
Logistics Variant Leader (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 3, 2017
I loved working for Nokia, I felt like at home here. I was very sad to have to leave. My Boss and coworkers where like family. Still talk to all of them.
Terrible
Technical Support Specialist/QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 26, 2017
Terrible company to work for. Compensation was probably the worst. Terrible management. Terrible HR Department, dont event think they had one. Stay away from this company if you can.
Fun colleagues and manager
Customer Service Officer (Former Employee) –  WheelockApril 24, 2017
United and fun team to work with. Great and positive manager to start off the day. Nice backend team to cooperate. Nice environment and culture. Recommended for fresh grads to start off in the customer service line
Nokia
Senior Engineer I (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 24, 2017
It was the great pleasure to work for Nokia for more than two years. Nokia is the best company that I ever worked for. I loved my job and the culture.
Great place
ELECTONICS TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 20, 2017
This company began my career as an electronics technician but also allowed me to move on to the computer technology industry and I truly appreciated the time spent there although the company went through some layoffs and I was a part of it due to seniority but other than that would have loved to continue working for them to this day.
Pros
Cafeteria, Full size Gym, and good location
Cons
Layoffs
Nokia Mobile Phone Dallas Office
Human Resources Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXApril 18, 2017
Pay and benefits were amazing. Opportunity to work with international staff. Interaction with Sales and Marketing staff was special. The corporate culture was strong.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Corporate "jargon" was off-putting
Exciting and challenging place to work
Data Engineer (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 17, 2017
The technology that you are exposed to is extremely exciting. Everything from access layer switches, service class routers and optical backbone equipment,

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nokia. Our community is ready to answer.